PDA

View Full Version : Pancake Lunch Everyday???

jamesonwheeler
06-11-2014, 10:30 PM
Hey guys,

Im pretty new to tracking macros etc. so i need a bit of info...

My carbs/fat/protien is set to 50/20/30 im tryin to lose a bit of fat but im basically an endurance athlete (run about 9k or swim everday).

Anyway today I ate a giant pancake with bob 10 grain pancake mix (whole grain). It fit into my macros it was so good. Usually i eat a big egg white omelette with veggies at lunch.

Assuming i kept my macros for the day the same, which i did, what would be benefit/harm if i made that swap everyday? Woukd it only be less micronutrients from the extra processed batter? And the change in the glycemic index? Is there any other nutritional downfalls to eating a delicious pancake everyday!?

ErikTheElectric
06-11-2014, 10:54 PM
So you've made a few different threads on commonly known stuff/myths.

Please read the stickies.

Mrpb
06-11-2014, 11:08 PM
What matters is that it fits your macros AND micros.

I eat oatmeal pancakes every morning.

If you eat your pancakes with fat and protein, chances are you won't have to worry about GI or GL.

And as Erik said, read the stickies.

kardoxo
06-11-2014, 11:42 PM
Eating pancakes daily isn't a problem. Just make sure to fit them into your macros and hit your micros plus omega 3 fatty acids.
I had protein pancakes this morning with 30g Impact Whey Chocolate Banana, 3 Egg whites, 1 cup of milk and baking powder. GAAAFFF

ErikTheElectric
06-11-2014, 11:46 PM
Eating pancakes daily isn't a problem. Just make sure to fit them into your macros and hit your micros plus omega 3 fatty acids.
I had protein pancakes this morning with 30g Impact Whey Chocolate Banana, 3 Egg whites, 1 cup of milk and baking powder. GAAAFFFThose aren't pancakes..

jamesonwheeler
06-12-2014, 01:08 AM
So you've made a few different threads on commonly known stuff/myths.

Please read the stickies.

I thought my questions was specific enough....So just basically I have to worry about my micros then

legitsrs
06-12-2014, 03:40 AM
Just make sure you don't eat the pancakes late at night, as the carbs will be stored as fat....

;s

ErikTheElectric
06-12-2014, 11:32 AM
I thought my questions was specific enough....So just basically I have to worry about my micros thenIncorrect. And yes your question (s) were/are specific but they can be easily answered by reading the stickies located at the top of the subforum.