PDA

View Full Version : lower BF%

outlawedscw
06-11-2014, 05:17 PM
Just curious of it was possible to lower % and still build muscle. I believe my nutrition needs to be tweaked some. Im getting my 1g per body pound. Its just my carbs and fats that throw me off. I feel that of I eat higher (100g) carbs im gaining weight. Im wanting to try to achieve abs.
Im 5'10" @ 195 lbs. Machine says im about 15% bf. Please help with good carbs.or diet advice

nicholaslin739
06-11-2014, 05:28 PM
Well based on many replies I have seen so far, you can gain muscle while cutting under these circumstances:
1. Newb gains
2. High BF >20%

Check the sticky it has a bible on Calculating Calories and Macronutrients by Emma-Leigh‎

magician27
06-11-2014, 06:56 PM
195 lb male shouldnt gain weight with that little carb intake if hes lifting. you are either calculating your macros wrong or messed up your metabolism. i recommend you to get a food scale and track macros accurately if you arent already doing so

outlawedscw
06-11-2014, 10:36 PM
I got a scale. Use it on my meat. I just need to get tge fats and carbs figured out I suppose. Just wanna get a lower %. Maybe thats whybi feel like I keep DOMS forever...

nocrapman
06-12-2014, 05:37 AM
I got a scale. Use it on my meat. I just need to get tge fats and carbs figured out I suppose. Just wanna get a lower %. Maybe thats whybi feel like I keep DOMS forever...

Machine calculated BF numbers are grossly inaccurate for the most part. I have 2 machines, and vary 5-7% on any day. They might be good for linear tracking though.
Use IIFYM calculators - could not be easier.
Carb loading and salt intake can vary a few lbs overnight. I gain 2-4lbs after a night of chinese food!
Look at the long term trends.