PDA

View Full Version : New to Sprint 8

sjac
06-11-2014, 12:10 PM
I am a 48-year-old male just getting back into exercising after about two years
I just did my first Sprint 8 work out on an elliptical machine. Only completed 5 out of the 8 intervals but will continue to work on it.
I'm about 50 pounds overweight and am looking to lose body fat. I have an Endomorph body type and historically when I lifted I would bulk up (I don't want to do that anymore)
I do have access to a gym, but like most 40+ men I am busy and looking for the most bang for your buck.
Any direction that can be recommended would be greatly appreciated
thank you

Corbi
06-11-2014, 01:34 PM
Table pushes would be your best bet. Eat half of what you would normally consume and then push yourself away from the table.

frozensparky
06-11-2014, 02:46 PM
Bulking up probably can be attributed to eating more not major muscle gain when lifting weights.

A bunch of cardio isn't going to drop a bunch of fat, a good caloric deficit will.

But even if you control your diet and do a bunch of cardio you will probably be disappointed with the result. Which will be skinny fat

Go to the nutrition section and read the stickies and find out how much your supposed to be eating to lose. Go to the workout section and find yourself a proven workout such as starting strength. There is a ton of knowledge on this site.

EDIT: oh and the best bang for your buck is going to be that gym. Not the elyptical

tmonkey
06-11-2014, 02:48 PM
I have an Endomorph body type and historically when I lifted I would bulk up (I don't want to do that anymore)

Are you saying you got fat or to muscular here??

Fishman15
06-11-2014, 08:13 PM
I am a 48-year-old male just getting back into exercising after about two years
I just did my first Sprint 8 work out on an elliptical machine. Only completed 5 out of the 8 intervals but will continue to work on it.
I'm about 50 pounds overweight and am looking to lose body fat. I have an Endomorph body type and historically when I lifted I would bulk up (I don't want to do that anymore)
I do have access to a gym, but like most 40+ men I am busy and looking for the most bang for your buck.
Any direction that can be recommended would be greatly appreciated
thank you

I would combine a slight calorie deficit along with fair amount of weight training with your cardio to maintain the muscle you have. All cardio and no weights make sjac a dull boy...