PDA

View Full Version : Eating at a calorie deficit

JordanChu93
06-10-2014, 02:53 AM
Hello all,

I currently need to consume 2245 calories a day to lose fat, the problem I am having for starts is I can't seem to get four meals in me, possibly should have 3 meals and incorporate snacks. The other problem I am finding is that it requires me to get about 51.2grams of protein per meal across 4 meals a day, I can't seem to hit this mark at all and I'm lost for ideas, I don't wish to keep eating oats + almonds with a shake everyday. I'm not focusing too much on carb, fat and fibre intake as I would like to keep carbs and fat as low as possible. Does anyone else find it hard to consume this amount of protein in a serving? My main problem is Breakfast i'd guess because I don't know what to eat apart from oats + almonds, and i'm not really a fan of throwing away egg yolks!

AlwaysTryin
06-10-2014, 02:56 AM
I'm confused. How can't you eat 51g of protein over 4 meals?

JordanChu93
06-10-2014, 03:12 AM
I'm confused. How can't you eat 51g of protein over 4 meals?

Sorry typo, meant eat 51grams of protein per meal across 4

ADHDave
06-10-2014, 05:23 AM
you should track fat as you dont want to eliminate it completely. if you dont want to eat oats and shakes then dont, eat meat or fish or whatever you want. not sure what your stat are but unless you weigh over 200 lbs then you can cut down on protein too

BazingaO
06-10-2014, 05:28 AM
Why do you want to keep fat as low as possible? Do you know you need them right?

Don't bother eating exaclty 4 meals with 50 grams of protein in it. Just hit your daily amount of protein at the end of the day. It makes no difference when you eat it and how much protein you eat per meal as long as you eat the same amount at the end of the day.

You have many options for breakfast to get protein:
Eggs, steaks, bacon, cottage cheese/greek yogurt, peanut butter and meat (turkey, ham..) sandwiches...

JordanChu93
06-10-2014, 11:31 PM
you should track fat as you dont want to eliminate it completely. if you dont want to eat oats and shakes then dont, eat meat or fish or whatever you want. not sure what your stat are but unless you weigh over 200 lbs then you can cut down on protein too

I weigh 234lbs, I guess my approach wasn't exactly clear as I thought out in my head, sorry for that haha. What I meant was by low as possible I didn't want to go over my limit of 65.5gs of fat a day, which is 16.4g a meal and I personally find it hard to keep fats at that level given the amount of protein that needs to be consumed, hopefully that made more sense :)

JordanChu93
06-10-2014, 11:38 PM
Why do you want to keep fat as low as possible? Do you know you need them right?

Don't bother eating exaclty 4 meals with 50 grams of protein in it. Just hit your daily amount of protein at the end of the day. It makes no difference when you eat it and how much protein you eat per meal as long as you eat the same amount at the end of the day.

You have many options for breakfast to get protein:
Eggs, steaks, bacon, cottage cheese/greek yogurt, peanut butter and meat (turkey, ham..) sandwiches...

Replied to ADHDave, it sounded much clearer in my head when typing that haha so apologies for not making sense, I personally find it hard to keep the fat levels that I want with the intake of protein needed, I definitely need to re-think other food sources at the moment, I'm also testing new flavours as the same flavour of chicken seasoning is boring me!

Also thanks for the alternatives, I was looking at bacon but the fats was going pretty high for me, is there a way to reduce that i'm even using the 1 calorie spray oil stuff if that even helps!

BazingaO
06-10-2014, 11:40 PM
Replied to ADHDave, it sounded much clearer in my head when typing that haha so apologies for not making sense, I personally find it hard to keep the fat levels that I want with the intake of protein needed, I definitely need to re-think other food sources at the moment, I'm also testing new flavours as the same flavour of chicken seasoning is boring me!

Peanut butter on chicken is really good.

Plus it will bring you some fat, which you're lacking.

loganhart
06-11-2014, 12:04 AM
I weigh 234lbs, I guess my approach wasn't exactly clear as I thought out in my head, sorry for that haha. What I meant was by low as possible I didn't want to go over my limit of 65.5gs of fat a day, which is 16.4g a meal and I personally find it hard to keep fats at that level given the amount of protein that needs to be consumed, hopefully that made more sense :)

First off, there is not fat limit until it puts you in a surplus. Think of that figure as a minimum.

Secondly, you don't have to partition your macros out evenly through each meal. As long as you got your minimums and calorie goals by days end you're fine. Eat as many meals/snacks as you are comfortable with and that suits best.