PDA

View Full Version : A friend's perspective of me...

bodyhard
06-09-2014, 10:57 AM
I was talking to real close friend of mine who has witness my fights over the years. He has known me since I was 16 and he was in as many street gangs as I and we've been through mad **** over the years.

We were talking and one thing he told me kind of made me take a step back and say hmmm.

He said to me I never feared you because you mastered the ability to fight, I feared you because you mastered the ability not to lose....

Believe what you want, but F 'ck he was on to something as I have never lost a fight in my life...

Old-Time-Lifter
06-09-2014, 11:41 AM
John,

How do you define not losing?

Be careful you don't end up the 'winner'.

JRWlnv0_svU&feature=kp

bodyhard
06-09-2014, 11:56 AM
Not getting knocked out, sent to the hospital, put in a coma, etc etc. Not sure how you don't know that, but I guess it is a loaded question for those who have not had many street fights.

Cass40
06-09-2014, 12:19 PM
You're so funny. You're not a winner because of street fights, but because you've been married million years, are a good husband, father, take care of your family, look out for those that are weaker than you, etc... That makes you a man, not winning fights or not being put in a coma lol..

ajdahlheimer
06-09-2014, 12:48 PM
NOBODY ever wins a fight.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_SExWf19tqGw/R7kgS3gmItI/AAAAAAAAAEE/rR4fUCi7O5w/s320/roadhouse.jpg

-Dalton

GONZO613
06-09-2014, 01:10 PM
My father is the same and ive heard too many stories about him beating people up. Has a wicked crazy temper and will throw down at a drop of a dime. I used to admire this

trait and so ensued my path to anger and fearlessness. Over the years, as I grew up...I found myself actually looking down on his once admirable traits and seeing it for what

it is. My opinion of a real man has changed drastically since then. I have seen him ruin all relationships, career and his life in general. Being tough is still admirable to me

however, being strong minded in my opinion is much more desirable for me. Take from that what you will.

mikieson
06-09-2014, 01:32 PM
BH...lol..

Old-Time-Lifter
06-09-2014, 01:35 PM
Not getting knocked out, sent to the hospital, put in a coma, etc etc. Not sure how you don't know that, but I guess it is a loaded question for those who have not had many street fights.

But eventually all those injuries catch up to one. Listen to the song....

Winning in the conventional sense isn't all there is to it.

kimm4
06-09-2014, 01:46 PM
1 star thread...no surprise there. :D

bodyhard
06-09-2014, 03:49 PM
You're so funny. You're not a winner because of street fights, but because you've been married million years, are a good husband, father, take care of your family, look out for those that are weaker than you, etc... That makes you a man, not winning fights or not being put in a coma lol..

Aww thank you, I think :D

NOBODY ever wins a fight.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_SExWf19tqGw/R7kgS3gmItI/AAAAAAAAAEE/rR4fUCi7O5w/s320/roadhouse.jpg

-Dalton

LOL fighters in movies ;)

My father is the same and ive heard too many stories about him beating people up. Has a wicked crazy temper and will throw down at a drop of a dime. I used to admire this

trait and so ensued my path to anger and fearlessness. Over the years, as I grew up...I found myself actually looking down on his once admirable traits and seeing it for what

it is. My opinion of a real man has changed drastically since then. I have seen him ruin all relationships, career and his life in general. Being tough is still admirable to me

however, being strong minded in my opinion is much more desirable for me. Take from that what you will.

Lots of weak men nowadays for real. I have zero respect for men.

But eventually all those injuries catch up to one. Listen to the song....

Winning in the conventional sense isn't all there is to it.

I didn't realize there was a video, need to listen to it later today.

weiss1967
06-09-2014, 03:51 PM
strange thread, what world you BH live in... On this continent I seem to be surrounded by niciest folks ever, reverends and popes to their bones, divine human beings. How do you manage to find so many аssнoles to fight?

bodyhard
06-09-2014, 03:55 PM
strange thread, what world you BH live in... On this continent I seem to be surrounded by niciest folks ever, reverends and popes to their bones, divine human beings. How do you manage to find so many аssнoles to fight?

Why are you in the red man, pissed off some wimpy OV35 er?? :D :D - Repped you to see if I can get you in the green

Most of my fights were when I was the warlord in gangs. I HAD to fight, that was my job/duty/responsibility. The more I fought the better I got.

bodyhard
06-09-2014, 06:16 PM
BH...lol..

Hey Mikie he likes it!!!

:D :D

dazlittle
06-10-2014, 02:40 AM
Most of my fights were when I was the warlord in gangs. I HAD to fight, that was my job/duty/responsibility. The more I fought the better I got.

From Gang Warlord to Project executive with a homosexual assistant!! Not sure why but this made me LOL this morning!

Thanks BH I look forward to your threads, I think you should write and publish your memoires!

bodyhard
06-10-2014, 05:13 AM
From Gang Warlord to Project executive with a homosexual assistant!! Not sure why but this made me LOL this morning!

Thanks BH I look forward to your threads, I think you should write and publish your memoires!

And a Puerto Rican at that!!

One day man, one day...

Desparado
06-10-2014, 07:09 AM
I don't know you BH but from what i've read on your posts you remind me a lot of my best friend. He had such a magnetic personality, always spoke his mind, but people somehow gravitated towards him. He also was a great fighter and never backed down from anyone. He was such a daredevil that he once told me "I DO what other people only THINK of doing." I miss him greatly.

bodyhard
06-10-2014, 07:22 AM
I don't know you BH but from what i've read on your posts you remind me a lot of my best friend. He had such a magnetic personality, always spoke his mind, but people somehow gravitated towards him. He also was a great fighter and never backed down from anyone. He was such a daredevil that he once told me "I DO what other people only THINK of doing." I miss him greatly.

Did he passed? If he did may he RIP..

One of the reasons I believe I am hated by so many people here is the simple fact that I do as I say and some here can't comprehend that so they just assume I talk sh!t
But the thing is many HAVE met me IRL and will tell you I am who I say I am.

I don't sugar coat sh!t, I rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I am not.

F'ck a fake a friend....

Desparado
06-10-2014, 08:05 AM
Yup, he passed away a couple of years ago, losing the only fight he'd fought: the big C. We grew up together in a tough neighborhood. That was part of the reason why we got into martial arts and weight lifting. Survival of the fittest. As far as being "real," I'd rather hang with someone who is 100% true to themselves, warts and all, than someone who is a "people pleaser" with no real conviction.

I'm pretty sure he would've gotten a big kick out of this forum. He would've had a lot of haters as well, lol.

bodyhard
06-10-2014, 10:33 AM
Yup, he passed away a couple of years ago, losing the only fight he'd fought: the big C. We grew up together in a tough neighborhood. That was part of the reason why we got into martial arts and weight lifting. Survival of the fittest. As far as being "real," I'd rather hang with someone who is 100% true to themselves, warts and all, than someone who is a "people pleaser" with no real conviction.

I'm pretty sure he would've gotten a big kick out of this forum. He would've had a lot of haters as well, lol.

RIP...

I am more than sure he would have had haters the OV35 folks hate violence or for that matter men who don't take sh!t from anyone, they are more into their feminine side..

Frnkd
06-10-2014, 12:00 PM
To bad violence sometimes determine the degree of respect. The premise of a terrorist. IMO

I think the difference is how you use your skill, guess its like having a gun. does it add confidence or sense of authority.

something else to think about.

bodyhard
06-10-2014, 12:45 PM
I think the difference is how you use your skill, guess its like having a gun. does it add confidence or sense of authority.

something else to think about.

I like that.

I am a very humble guy in real life, I do not look for trouble (ask anyone on BB.com who has hung out with me) and I give respect where it is due. But I am quick to protect those around me and I am also quick to react if I feel disrespected in anyway.

Many on here don't agree with my ways and I respect that, but I know anyone on here would sure as hell respect me if we met face to face.

Capt_Lou
06-10-2014, 12:56 PM
But the thing is many HAVE met me IRL and will tell you I am who I say I am.

BH IRL is the biggest F**king POS.... ;)

Honestly he was pretty nice and IRL, don't let the internet tough guy persona fool ya lol

bodyhard
06-10-2014, 01:04 PM

Honestly he was pretty nice and IRL, don't let the internet tough guy persona fool ya lol

LOL I need to f'ck somebody up really bad from the OV35 just so I don't keep having this, "BH is a nice guy IRL" following me..

Hey man when are you and Carl hooking up again I would like to meet up with you guys and get a workout in.

ajdahlheimer
06-10-2014, 01:17 PM

Well NOW I really like him!

Capt_Lou
06-10-2014, 02:03 PM
LOL I need to f'ck somebody up really bad from the OV35 just so I don't keep having this, "BH is a nice guy IRL" following me..

Hey man when are you and Carl hooking up again I would like to meet up with you guys and get a workout in.

We train every weekend and most weekday nights together. We belong to the same gym.

ntrllftr
06-10-2014, 06:29 PM
You planning on a visit to your brothers soon? That would be the perfect chance to stop by here and train at an awesome gym with two great guys!!! :)

bodyhard
06-10-2014, 07:02 PM
You planning on a visit to your brothers soon? That would be the perfect chance to stop by here and train at an awesome gym with two great guys!!! :)

Not my brother but visiting my nephew soon.

jtaylor2010
06-10-2014, 07:08 PM
So basically he doesn't fear you because you're a good fighter, he fears you because even if he was beating your ass you'd throw sand in his eyes and hit him in the face with a rock.

bodyhard
06-10-2014, 07:10 PM
So basically he doesn't fear you because you're a good fighter, he fears you because even if he was beating your ass you'd throw sand in his eyes and hit him in the face with a rock.

LMFAO!!!

Props for that.

Kiennor
06-10-2014, 08:49 PM

This actually made me laugh.

Capt_Lou
06-11-2014, 06:12 AM
Not my brother but visiting my nephew soon.

Dude, got to come up and train Cleveland style :)

ChazWood
06-11-2014, 08:59 AM

I've observed that your "I don't give a fck what people think" spiel is in direct conflict with frequent comments suggesting that you do indeed care what people think. Perhaps this contradiction is part of your appeal.

In any event, please continue being you. :)

Frnkd
06-11-2014, 12:10 PM
I like that.

I am a very humble guy in real life, I do not look for trouble (ask anyone on BB.com who has hung out with me) and I give respect where it is due. But I am quick to protect those around me and I am also quick to react if I feel disrespected in anyway.

Many on here don't agree with my ways and I respect that, but I know anyone on here would sure as hell respect me if we met face to face.

I never thought you were quick to the draw, just sharing your experience and thoughts- usually about knocking someone out or could if needed to...LOL

Simpske
06-11-2014, 12:28 PM
Your just doing what a lot of us would like to do, but are to restrained. That's what makes your one stars good reads.

ajdahlheimer
06-11-2014, 01:01 PM
I've observed that your "I don't give a fck what people think" spiel is in direct conflict with frequent comments suggesting that you do indeed care what people think. Perhaps this contradiction is part of your appeal.

http://www.mememaker.net/static/images/memes/3564283.jpg

bodyhard
06-12-2014, 02:03 PM

i actually do care what my friends think about me, others I don't give two f'cks about. Now my haters, thats a whole other ball game, I have to keep those f'ckers entertained!!

I never thought you were quick to the draw, just sharing your experience and thoughts- usually about knocking someone out or could if needed to...LOL

LOL Yup yup

Your just doing what a lot of us would like to do, but are to restrained. That's what makes your one stars good reads.

My 1 star threads have been made legendary, you know you are only a legend when others speak your name, real peeps move in silence....Thanks fr the props.

http://www.mememaker.net/static/images/memes/3564283.jpg

What the......holy crap!! :D

bodyhard
06-12-2014, 07:51 PM
Dude, got to come up and train Cleveland style :)

After I go to the RPS in August.

bodyhard
06-13-2014, 08:57 AM
This actually made me laugh.

It deserved a chuckle :D :D

hammerfelt
06-13-2014, 09:03 AM
I highly recommend you watch The Last Gladiators. http://thelastgladiators.com/

Main character is Chris "Knuckles" Nilan.

bodyhard
06-13-2014, 09:25 AM
I highly recommend you watch The Last Gladiators. http://thelastgladiators.com/

Main character is Chris "Knuckles" Nilan.

Will do.