PDA

View Full Version : Cute VS Sexy and Handsome VS Hot

bodyhard
06-09-2014, 06:39 AM
On my drive to work this morning the topic people were calling in on was for females Cute VS Sexy and for males Handsome VS Hot.

Apparently, according to the callers women do not like to be called cute as they feel that is more for a baby, puppy or clothing. They said sexy, or beautiful has more meaning.

For the guys they feel once a woman calls you handsome she his not interested. That handsome is something your sibling like your mother or grandmother would call you. Most men callers said they prefer a woman to think they are hot.

So men and women of the OV35 what's your take on this?

ArchAngel'73
06-09-2014, 07:06 AM
Lies, all lies.
Every time I've been called handsome they all have this look in their eye like they're mentally undressing me or in the process of actually doing it.

Some women are cute which makes them sexy, some women are strong which makes them sexy.

Some people are butterfaces or fugly but you bang 'em anyway because (at the time) they are shexay.

It pretty much all boils down to the infamous misc. sayings;
Would bang or would not bang

paolo59
06-09-2014, 07:11 AM
Some years ago I had some woman at a bar come over and tell me her girl friend thought I was cute. Not handsome, not hot...cute. My take on it was the same as the female callers you were listening to. I told her; tell your friend puppies and small children are cute. I'd rather be called butt-ugly! :(

ArchAngel'73
06-09-2014, 07:15 AM
^^^^
Imo manlets get called cute.

:D :p

bodyhard
06-09-2014, 07:19 AM
I've neve been called handsome by any woman or girl always hot. Not sure it would make a difference to me though. I've been called handsome by men which is f'king annoying.

theKurp
06-09-2014, 07:22 AM
I have a good personality.

Cass40
06-09-2014, 07:25 AM
I don't think any man has ever called me cute.

paolo59
06-09-2014, 07:27 AM
^^^^
Imo manlets get called cute.

:D :p

I know I'm on the short side, but I'm not a freakin' Hobbit! :)

ArchAngel'73
06-09-2014, 07:35 AM
I've been called handsome by men which is f'king annoying.

That's mostly hetero man talk for "You're a good looking guy, you must be getting all sorts of poonanie, have any extra you can share?"

You bullsh*t your friends, I'll bullsh*t mine but let's not bullsh*t each other.:p

*Gollum*

GuyJin
06-09-2014, 07:43 AM
I don't think any man has ever called me cute.

---

You're cute. What do I win?

:D

For the record, I've never been called cute or handsome (except by my late mother, God rest her soul) or even hot. My old girlfriends called me interesting looking or different--being white in an Asian environment automatically shunts me into the 'different' category--but I've never been called handsome. If I had my druthers, I'd rather be called hot. As for calling a woman hot or sexy or cute or what have you, it depends on what she looks like to me.

Paolo, though, is a gnome.:D

quicksand jesus
06-09-2014, 07:46 AM
On my drive to work this morning the topic people were calling in on was for females Cute VS Sexy and for males Handsome VS Hot.

Apparently, according to the callers women do not like to be called cute as they feel that is more for a baby, puppy or clothing. They said sexy, or beautiful has more meaning.

For the guys they feel once a woman calls you handsome she his not interested. That handsome is something your sibling like your mother or grandmother would call you. Most men callers said they prefer a woman to think they are hot.

So men and women of the OV35 what's your take on this?

Still waiting to be called either!

mcbourque
06-09-2014, 07:48 AM
I've been called cute a lot, by men, women and even my students LOL
Rarely the other stuff. I think they mean it not in a physical appearance way but more personality.

But I'm not fussy, I'll take it :)

frozensparky
06-09-2014, 07:49 AM
Ang says most of her friends call me hot. It would not bother me in the least to be called handsome, sexy, or hot. I'm not sure why any woman would call a 6'2" 225lb man with two full sleeves cute, but I'm pretty sure I would just laugh that one off.

VmissileX
06-09-2014, 07:52 AM
They are all compliments.

Take it as that.

People read too much into this crap.

paolo59
06-09-2014, 07:57 AM
I've been called cute a lot, by men, women and even my students LOL
Rarely the other stuff. But I'm not fussy, I'll take it :)

I think people today have very limited vocabularies. LOL There are so many adjectives! :) Like "striking." There is so much more depth there than 'cute' or 'sexy.' It evokes beauty, intelligence, a little mystery. I almost hate the terms that are bandied about today. I'm getting old, or maybe I always was! :)

Oceanside
06-09-2014, 07:59 AM
nitpicking and or taking offense to a compliment is pretty selfish.

michail71
06-09-2014, 08:00 AM
I was recently called hot for the first time ever and by a woman way out of my league. Anyway, that gave me the confidence to ask her out.

I've been called cute plenty of times but it always felt a little insulting even if they meant well.

michail71
06-09-2014, 08:07 AM
I think if a woman says hot she is often talking about the whole package (personality, character, appearance, etc.).

paolo59
06-09-2014, 08:11 AM

LOL I guess you should accept any compliment in the spirit in which it was given. :) I get so few, almost anything brightens my day. Ha! I just hate the terms 'hot' and 'sexy.' There is so little thought process behind it. Motor oil is 'sexy,' so is a 'Toyota' according to some.

VmissileX
06-09-2014, 08:11 AM
Also eitherway, will point out.

I don't think I ever called a woman sexy (even my current GF) , although I do call alot of women cute.

Also, i used to get called handsome alot...i'm guessing its because I always dress well. I've noticed handsome is typically something to do with dress. I do also get called a slob sometimes when i dress awful lol.

Whatever...a compliment is a compliment and should be taken as such and each term there can be just about synonymous. Just because someone calls you hot doesn't mean they want you in bed, and just because someone calls you handsome doesn't mean they don't want you in bed.

Cass40
06-09-2014, 08:15 AM
---

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lrbzsyYmbc1qd7boz.gif

Oceanside
06-09-2014, 08:19 AM
LOL I guess you should accept any compliment in the spirit in which it was given. :) I get so few, almost anything brightens my day. Ha! I just hate the terms 'hot' and 'sexy.' There is so little thought process behind it. Motor oil is 'sexy,' so is a 'Toyota' according to some.

agree about the term "hot"....

sounds a bit generic or contrived for sure.

kimm4
06-09-2014, 08:21 AM
Most call me Kim...

Cass40
06-09-2014, 08:25 AM
Most call me Kim...

No we don't!

We call you hot, sexy, and gorgeous.

paolo59
06-09-2014, 08:28 AM
No we don't!

We call you hot, sexy, and gorgeous.

I'd call kimm4 Striking! :)

Cass40
06-09-2014, 08:52 AM
I like what ever is genuine.

When I first met my husband, he said I had beautiful hands :)

ajdahlheimer
06-09-2014, 08:57 AM
Big Bad Booty Daddy is my preference.

VmissileX
06-09-2014, 09:05 AM
Big Bad Booty Daddy is my preference.

Hey big bad booty.

no homo

Lou1se
06-09-2014, 09:12 AM
Read the title and was half expecting a video of a foursome mud wrestling.

Oh well. In on extending my vocabulary.

ajdahlheimer
06-09-2014, 09:12 AM
Hey big bad booty.

no homo

FsOHxMr3ZWw

(skip to the 50 second mark)

Karl_Hungus
06-09-2014, 09:30 AM

Take it as that.

^^These.

agree about the term "hot"....

sounds a bit generic or contrived for sure.

To me, "hot" sounds like something bubble-gum chewing 13-year old girls say to each other.

ajdahlheimer
06-09-2014, 09:33 AM
To me, "hot" sounds like something bubble-gum chewing 13-year old girls say to each other.

Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man....

Cass40
06-09-2014, 09:35 AM
^^These.

Probably because it was invented by Paris Hilton.

VmissileX
06-09-2014, 09:36 AM
FsOHxMr3ZWw

(skip to the 50 second mark)

all i can think when a guy would ever say something like that is that he wants his glutes spread....:P

^^These.

OMG justing beiber is so hot LOL.

no homo

MiamiSpartan
06-09-2014, 11:33 AM
Sexy and hot to me also involve the personality....Confidence and a sense of humor are a great addition to the whole look...

steffo99
06-09-2014, 02:23 PM
Haven't been called either to my face so any of them would do.
But was called a norse god once. Dem feels.

latebloomingmom
06-09-2014, 04:10 PM
never called anyone hot in my life...nice looking ...ummm ya but not hot :D

Oceanside
06-09-2014, 04:16 PM
never called anyone hot in my life...nice looking ...ummm ya but not hot :D

I think you're a hot steamy pile of lemur crap

latebloomingmom
06-09-2014, 04:18 PM
I think you're a hot steamy pile of lemur crapooooo playing patty cakes are we now..
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lz1dx4Wy9k1qdqix5.gif#shirley%20temple.gif

I think you are a fairly nice looking guy
considering how many times
you have been punched in the face..

bodyhard
06-09-2014, 05:14 PM
I think you're a hot steamy pile of lemur crap

OS such a charmer..

:D :D

Phenom01
06-09-2014, 05:16 PM
OS such a charmer..

:D :D

Answer your PM

bodyhard
06-09-2014, 05:18 PM
Answer your PM

You PM'ed me?

Fishman15
06-09-2014, 07:27 PM
---

For the record, I've never been called cute or handsome (except by my late mother, God rest her soul) or even hot. My old girlfriends called me interesting looking or different--being white in an Asian environment automatically shunts me into the 'different' category--but I've never been called handsome. If I had my druthers, I'd rather be called hot. As for calling a woman hot or sexy or cute or what have you, it depends on what she looks like to me.

Paolo, though, is a gnome.:D

Guy, you need to tell them you are not different...you are exotic. They will be ripping their clothes off after you aware them...;)

GuyJin
06-09-2014, 07:33 PM
Guy, you need to tell them you are not different...you are exotic. They will be ripping their clothes off after you aware them...;)
--

It worked when I was twenty-six, the first year I came to Japan. It worked until I was thirty-five, the year I got married.

After my wife gave birth to our first son, I was almost thirty-eight. By that time I'd gone from being foreign and exotic and sorta of hot'n'hairy (I am a very hirsute person) to married, foreign, and boring.

Life sucks.

Fishman15
06-09-2014, 07:37 PM

Take it as that.

But this is a bodyhard thread and we must be entertained. No need to throw a bucket of water on us...:D

Fishman15
06-09-2014, 07:46 PM
--

It worked when I was twenty-six, the first year I came to Japan. It worked until I was thirty-five, the year I got married.

After my wife gave birth to our first son, I was almost thirty-eight. By that time I'd gone from being foreign and exotic and sorta of hot'n'hairy (I am a very hirsute person) to married, foreign, and boring.

Life sucks.

Hot and hairy...that sounds so sexy...:eek:

Cass40
06-09-2014, 08:43 PM
Everyone in my country looks exactly like me, so it's nice to pretend to be exotic in other countries.

But it doesn't work here in America because everybody is different!!

GuyJin
06-09-2014, 09:59 PM
Hot and hairy...that sounds so sexy...:eek:
---

Hang out a lot in locker rooms?

jeffaus
06-10-2014, 04:02 AM
--

Life sucks.

:DI was never called handsome in my home country, but have been called handsome to my face on many occasions here in China. I take it all with a grain of salt because in China, white skin, big wide blue eyes and a big nose are seen as desirable features. I used to get told in my own country by women that I had a nice / cute butt, to which my answer was, but I poop out of there. Is my butt still cute?

Hot to me just seems like something a teenager says. Ive never been called hot or called anyone else hot.

GuyJin
06-10-2014, 04:09 AM
I was never called handsome in my home country, but have been called handsome to my face on many occasions here in China. I take it all with a grain of salt because in China, white skin, big wide blue eyes and a big nose are seen as desirable features. I used to get told in my own country by women that I had a nice butt, to which my answer was, but I poop out of there. Is my butt still cute?

Hot to me just seems like something a teenager says. Ive never been called hot or called anyone else hot.

---

Yeah, same deal on the 'hot' thing.

Funny, when I was writing my latest novel (Lindsay Versus the Marauders) and I showed it to my sister, she said, "No, you've got to make Jo sound better!"

Me: "Like how?"

Her: "Say she's hot...or 'hawt'."

I put that in, and so far the beta readers have commented favorably on that. Go figure.

As for me, I ain't hot no more. Lukewarm, even tepid, but not hot.
*Sigh*

My wife still loves me, though.:)

tlema1
06-10-2014, 08:32 AM
I prefer "Devilishly Handsome"...

Cass40
06-10-2014, 09:47 AM
I prefer "Devilishly Handsome"...

How about: "would smash/10"

Tmax55
06-10-2014, 10:07 AM
I'd rather be called Huge and someday it will happen.

DuracellBunny
06-10-2014, 10:15 AM
At the risk of starting a flame war:

Women will attribute different meaning to the terms depending on who is saying them, so just say what you think.

Men are more bothered about how the woman says it than what she says, so again, just say what you think.

paolo59
06-10-2014, 10:24 AM
At the risk of starting a flame war:

Women will attribute different meaning to the terms depending on who is saying them, so just say what you think.

Men are more bothered about how the woman says it than what she says, so again, just say what you think.

LOL In all honesty, where you are at (male or female) has a lot to do with how a compliment is perceived. Certain venues can render a compliment suspect. Ha!

Frnkd
06-10-2014, 10:46 AM

only means you dont have hairy feet......rofl

Frnkd
06-10-2014, 10:52 AM
How about "nice" with a look of hot?

if an OMG precedes Cute is that better than Hot alone....but than OMG before Hot trumps all others.

Cass40
06-10-2014, 11:01 AM
I think I'm still gonna use the good ol "would bang with a force of 1000 Greek goddesses", that has always worked so far..

frozensparky
06-10-2014, 12:42 PM
I think I'm still gonna use the good ol "would bang with a force of 1000 Greek goddesses", that has always worked so far..

I'm sure pretty much anything would work for you, I say that and all I hear is "restraining order this, sexual harassment that"

Was going to say something way more inappropriate but thought better of it :)

Cass40
06-10-2014, 01:11 PM
Was going to say something way more inappropriate but thought better of it :)

I say things first and think about what I said later. That's not good at all. But luckily nobody pays that much attention :)

My boss said that "Cass says the most horrible things, but always with a smile, so you can't get mad at her".

trankwil
06-10-2014, 01:41 PM
Some years ago I had some woman at a bar come over and tell me her girl friend thought I was cute. Not handsome, not hot...cute. My take on it was the same as the female callers you were listening to. I told her; tell your friend puppies and small children are cute. I'd rather be called butt-ugly! :(

lol wow. Strong unaware of social cues. You remind me of a girl who I asked out once, I said would you like to get a cup of coffee and she said I don't drink coffee, lol. Kind of missing the point. If a woman is interested in a guy they sometimes send a friend over to express her interest, the words used don't matter.

Anyways, girls often use the word cute for a guy they like, guys usually use the words hot or pretty.

paolo59
06-10-2014, 02:05 PM
lol wow. Strong unaware of social cues. You remind me of a girl who I asked out once, I said would you like to get a cup of coffee and she said I don't drink coffee, lol. Kind of missing the point. If a woman is interested in a guy they sometimes send a friend over to express her interest, the words used don't matter.

Anyways, girls often use the word cute for a guy they like, guys usually use the words hot or pretty.

Well, I guess that would be a....'social cue.' I suppose it was better for her to simply say to you 'I don't drink coffee,' rather than 'get the hell away from me,' No?

mcbourque
06-10-2014, 04:36 PM
Well, I guess that would be a....'social cue.' I suppose it was better for her to simply say to you 'I don't drink coffee,' rather than 'get the hell away from me,' No?

A guy asked me for breakfast once. I didn't speak English well so I just said no thanks I'm good. I had NO idea of the "social cue" there. LOL

paolo59
06-10-2014, 04:54 PM
A guy asked me for breakfast once. I didn't speak English well so I just said no thanks I'm good. I had NO idea of the "social cue" there. LOL

LMAO I think 'social cues' are in the eye of the beholder...or something like that. :)

latebloomingmom
06-10-2014, 04:54 PM

did he ask to take you out for breakfast or make you breakfast...two totally different things :D

Fishman15
06-10-2014, 07:27 PM
I say things first and think about what I said later. That's not good at all. But luckily nobody pays that much attention :)

My boss said that "Cass says the most horrible things, but always with a smile, so you can't get mad at her".

Oh, we're paying attention...

Cass40
06-10-2014, 07:35 PM
Oh, we're paying attention...

Oh really? I though that I'm mostly talking to myself.

Should I now start thinking what I say?

Fishman15
06-10-2014, 07:38 PM

"Coffee isn't coffee...coffee is sex"...lol

RnV3uFO4Nm8

Fishman15
06-10-2014, 07:40 PM
Oh really? I though that I'm mostly talking to myself.

Should I now start thinking what I say?

Well...that wouldn't be any fun would it?

mcbourque
06-10-2014, 09:30 PM
did he ask to take you out for breakfast or make you breakfast...two totally different things :D

I'm not sure. Somehow I don't think food was involved in this.

jeffaus
06-10-2014, 11:11 PM
I'm not sure. Somehow I don't think food was involved in this.Oh Im sure food was on the menu. That guy was hankering for a Marie McMuffin. :D

hmmmm16417
06-11-2014, 12:33 AM
i think it all depends on the age of the person giving the compliment

older women call men "handsome" and babies "cute"

younger women call men "hot" and or "sexy"

girls call boys "cute"

older men call women "hot" or "sexy"

younger men call women "hot" or "sexy"

boys call girls cute

gay guys call guys "hot" / "sexy"

lesbians call women "hot" / "sexy"

cute = interested
hot = want to fck you NOW
sexy = would fck you repeatedly
handsome = not my type

i frequently call my wife Beautiful!

:)

GuyJin
06-11-2014, 01:39 AM
i frequently call my wife Beautiful!

:)
---

If you don't, she calls the ambulance, amirite?

hmmmm16417
06-11-2014, 01:45 AM
---

If you don't, she calls the ambulance, amirite?

lol nice