PDA

View Full Version : Need help with my calorie deficit !!

samrozay3
06-05-2014, 09:54 AM
So I'm 174cm ("5"9) and weigh about 70 kg (155 lbs). I have quite a bit of belly fat thanks to my genetics, so I am cutting atm. If you like, I can post a picture of me. I go to the gym about 5 times a week.

Day 1: Chest/Triceps/Abs + Cardio
Day 2: Back/Biceps/Abs + Cardio
Day 3: Shoulders + Cardio
Day 4: Abs + Cardio
Day 5: Legs + Cardio

For cardio I do HIIT on a stationary bike. I do 45 seconds of riding slowly and 15 seconds of sprint. Each cardio session is 15 minutes.

Now I fear I may be eating too little atm.

On workout days I eat:
2 Bananas + coffee for breakfast
Carrots as a snack
300g of chicken or turkey + veggies
Carrots again
100-150g of pasta pre workout with basic tomato sauce
200g of chicken or turkey + veggies post workout

On non workout days I just cut the pasta and add some more meat, fish or veggies.

As far as I'm concerned that takes me to something like 1400 calories a day. Is that too much of a deficit or not ?

Retoaded
06-05-2014, 09:57 AM
honestly I think everything you are doing is wrong. I think a 5 day split is wrong. The calories are way too low. You have a horrible meal plan that is bland and repetitive. Untrained and 155 pounds and cutting is crazy.

I think you need to read the stickies in the workout programs, exercises, and nutrition forums on this website and rethink what you are doing.

samrozay3
06-05-2014, 10:04 AM
honestly I think everything you are doing is wrong. I think a 5 day split is wrong. The calories are way too low. You have a horrible meal plan that is bland and repetitive. Untrained and 155 pounds and cutting is crazy.

I think you need to read the stickies in the workout programs, exercises, and nutrition forums on this website and rethink what you are doing.

Problem is, as soon as I bulk I gain loads of belly fat, so I'd like to get a sixpack and then start bulking. Tbh I don't mind my meal plan being bland and repetitive, I am quite happy with it so far.

Retoaded
06-05-2014, 10:05 AM
Problem is, as soon as I bulk I gain loads of belly fat, so I'd like to get a sixpack and then start bulking. Tbh I don't mind my meal plan being bland and repetitive, I am quite happy with it so far.

you probably don't have enough muscle to have a six pack but whatevs.

samrozay3
06-05-2014, 10:10 AM
you probably don't have enough muscle to have a six pack but whatevs.

That's why I'm working on my abs. I doesn't even have to be proper sixpack, just a really flat belly would be fine. Do you think it would help if I added another 300 calories to my meal plan ?