PDA

View Full Version : Diabetes

AJD1975
06-03-2014, 01:25 PM
Hi Am Aaron,

Type one Diabetic for 5 years or so. Any one share the affliction? Would love to chat and share help and tips. It does not haver to stop you from doing anything.

kc5wqy
06-03-2014, 05:02 PM
hi Aaron, im Patrick I been a type 2 diabetic since 08, or should say diagnosed in 08 prolly been diabetic a lot longer than that,c

AJD1975
06-04-2014, 09:47 AM
hi Aaron, im Patrick I been a type 2 diabetic since 08, or should say diagnosed in 08 prolly been diabetic a lot longer than that,c Nice to hear from you. I guess you are diet controlled, as opossed to stabbing yourself :) . How do get on with your diet? have you discovered any thing ie good protien brands or good food that does nt spike your levels?

AJ

nchesher
06-04-2014, 10:25 AM
Type 1 crew checking in. I've gone from 235 to 165 and getting ripped. My insulin to carb ratio is miniscule compared to before and Lantus went from 45u/day to 13u/day. I've never felt better since I started lifting.

mjf100215
06-04-2014, 10:28 AM
I thought Type 1 diabetes was from birth and Type 2 was onset? Help me understand.

Frnkd
06-04-2014, 12:16 PM
wife is type 2 and have made me very conscientious about diabetes......diet and exercise especially.

the good thing is that there are so many more options for diabetics with regards to sugar free stuff... they arent that bad actually.

one thing we cut out is the reduction of carbs.

kc5wqy
06-04-2014, 03:17 PM
[QUOTE=AJD1975;1253034691]Nice to hear from you. I guess you are diet controlled, as opossed to stabbing yourself :) . How do get on with your diet? have you discovered any thing ie good protien brands or good food that does nt spike your levels?

actually im taking 3 meds for it 2 in pill form and 1 injection, I also have thyroid disease and my metabolism is screwed, gained massive weight in a short time after the radiation treatments, 80lbs in 3 months, always starving, and got a couple of bonus prizes as well both related to diabetes, cardio arterial disease, and early kidney disease, leaking protiens and creatinine, taking ten different drugs daily including injections, have to travel to my drs every 3 months for lab work ups, and have spinal problems that cause chronic pain that radiates thru my body, neurosurgeon says surgery wouldn't help and could make it worse, cant stand, sit or walk for very long, cant sleep because if I stay in one position to long I start hurting, I try to eat as natural as I can, if I cant eat it raw or cook it on a stick I try to stay away from it, but im only human lol, I been riding a recumbent trike for a couple years now to help with flow and circulation, and recently started body weight excercises mostly isometrics, dr says absolutely no weights, have to use suspension straps to keep from falling, but finally I am seeing some improvements, not much but i'll take what I can get lol, just need help with the always starving part, sorry this kinda drifted off subject I think