PDA

View Full Version : On my baldheaded grind

frozensparky
05-31-2014, 02:11 PM
A few weeks ago I decided to voulenteer to shave my head for Bluey days here in Fort st John. It's an annual event where people shave their heads for donations to the FSJ hospital foundation.

The money goes for cancer research, diagnostic and treatment equipment for the local hospital. I decided to do it for a friends son, a 12 year old battling leukemia ATM.

Thanks to a bunch of friends and a few local businesses I was able to raise $1900. Once my head was shaved there was a bidding war for me to shave my goatee which I knew how bad I look without it. I ended up bidding $200 myself to keep it lol but it's all for a good cause.

The before and after. Ang really likes it.

http://i.imgur.com/tAmMBkb.png

http://i.imgur.com/OiWEk2l.png

michail71
05-31-2014, 04:23 PM
Once I realized how many women seem to love a shaved head I've never gone back to growing it out. I think it's taken as a sign of confidence and maturity. It also seems to make most guys look a little younger too.

It also helps the look to be in good shape.

Cass40
05-31-2014, 04:35 PM
You look very nice with a shaved head :)

mcbourque
05-31-2014, 04:39 PM
Hey I like it a lot!
BTW, not sure why but since you talk about snow a lot, I kept thinking you were in St-John, Newfoundland.
Ahah my bad!

frozensparky
05-31-2014, 05:04 PM
It also seems to make most guys look a little younger too.

Funny two minutes ago ang and I said the same thing. I've had grey since my late 20's so it def helps

Its a good look for you. A lot of folks can't pull it off.

Thanks. I shaved my was in highschool but I was very awkward. Glad I grew into my nose.

You look very nice with a shaved head :)

Thank you

Hey I like it a lot!
BTW, not sure why but since you talk about snow a lot, I kept thinking you were in St-John, Newfoundland.
Ahah my bad!

Other end of the country. Northern BC. I love NFLD though. Haven't been in years though.

michail71
05-31-2014, 07:44 PM
Just wait, women will be asking to rub your head :).

SteveWright1
05-31-2014, 09:09 PM
good job on raising the money for charity frozensparky

and it does make you look younger

StressMonkey
06-08-2014, 12:34 PM
You're a good man FS. I'm funny about my hair. No one is shaving my head! That would have cost me a lot of $$! :D

frozensparky
06-08-2014, 01:24 PM
You're a good man FS. I'm funny about my hair. No one is shaving my head! That would have cost me a lot of $$! :D

I didn't mind it at all. Ang likes it enough she went and bought some clippers so she can do it herself, wants me to keep it clean for the summer.

On another note Garrett (the 12yr old with Leukemia) had his final batch of chemo last week in Edmonton and after 10months away from home he is finally heading back to FSJ. He's excited because I promised him a ride on my motorbike when we visited him a few weeks ago.

jeffaus
06-08-2014, 07:27 PM
INB4 Canadian hater SP1966.

Fkn Canadians, When will they learn?

:D JK

Good cause Frozen, well done man and it does make you look younger

eomrat
06-08-2014, 07:31 PM
I didn't mind it at all. Ang likes it enough she went and bought some clippers so she can do it herself, wants me to keep it clean for the summer.

On another note Garrett (the 12yr old with Leukemia) had his final batch of chemo last week in Edmonton and after 10months away from home he is finally heading back to FSJ. He's excited because I promised him a ride on my motorbike when we visited him a few weeks ago.

You're a good man

pharmamarketer
06-09-2014, 04:35 AM
Welcome to the club. :). Great cause