PDA

View Full Version : question for the dads to be

vmpolesov
05-31-2014, 01:37 PM
My wife has been advised to get lots of protein to help the growth of the youngins.

She doesn't like whey, thinks that milk may cause skin allergies, and is not crazy about nut butters (peanut, almond, etc). She'll go for red meat and eggs but I need a bit more variety to get the 175g that the nurse recommended for a twin pg.

tia

trickyB
05-31-2014, 01:57 PM
Congrats. Casein protein fluff is my current favorite whey to get extra protein.

TubbyDad
05-31-2014, 02:30 PM
Chicken tacos, chicken nuggets, chicken fingers, chicken salad, fried chicken, chicken pot pie, rotisserie chicken, chicken cutlets, nachos with chicken, chicken mac and cheese, stuffed chicken, chicken cordon bleau, chicken parm, sweet and sour chicken, chicken stir fry. To name a few suggestions.

Old-Time-Lifter
05-31-2014, 02:44 PM
Get an egg protein product.

Kiennor
05-31-2014, 05:12 PM
Chicken tacos, chicken nuggets, chicken fingers, chicken salad, fried chicken, chicken pot pie, rotisserie chicken, chicken cutlets, nachos with chicken, chicken mac and cheese, stuffed chicken, chicken cordon bleau, chicken parm, sweet and sour chicken, chicken stir fry. To name a few suggestions.

When pregnant with my second boy my wife would literally vomit if she smelled or looked at chicken. We still joke about it 9 years later. After she puked a couple times chicken was outlawed in the house until after delivery.

TubbyDad
05-31-2014, 05:17 PM
When pregnant with my second boy my wife would literally vomit if she smelled or looked at chicken. We still joke about it 9 years later. After she puked a couple times chicken was outlawed in the house until after delivery.

Ouch. My wife's pregnancies were pretty mild by comparison to a lot of other women. I don't think she had any weird cravings or food that made her sick, no morning sickness either. Of course her first labor lasted like 30 hours so I guess that makes up for it.

doughnutgut
05-31-2014, 05:20 PM
Easiest thing to do TBH, is to just not sweat it.

Keep it to a well balanced daily diet and allow nature to take its course.

Stalldad
05-31-2014, 06:55 PM

Reminds me of Bubba from Forest Gump.

michail71
05-31-2014, 07:41 PM
There is the carnivore protein powder made from beef. I try not to think about how it might be made but I find it's a good replacement when I can't get my normal blended protein.

Kiennor
05-31-2014, 08:04 PM
Ouch. My wife's pregnancies were pretty mild by comparison to a lot of other women. I don't think she had any weird cravings or food that made her sick, no morning sickness either. Of course her first labor lasted like 30 hours so I guess that makes up for it.

When pregnant with my first son my wife craved turkey and tomato sandwiches. She ate them all the time. Second child no cravings. Just the no chicken issue. It sucked but what do you do.

MiklaDfar
05-31-2014, 09:32 PM
fish, cheese, yogurt, nuts, beans, cottage cheese?

TubbyDad
06-01-2014, 04:59 AM
When pregnant with my first son my wife craved turkey and tomato sandwiches. She ate them all the time. Second child no cravings. Just the no chicken issue. It sucked but what do you do.

Whatever she wants you to do hahaha.

azeeb
06-01-2014, 03:00 PM
I don't have any advice on the diet, but I just have to say get lots of sleep now. I have 7 month old twins girls, and it was rough the first few months. People who only have one at a time don't know how easy they have it ;)

My girls loved to take turns sleeping. One would cry while the other slept, and then after about an hour, they would switch.

Kiennor
06-01-2014, 03:43 PM
Whatever she wants you to do hahaha.

Absolutely correct. It's all temporary.

JimmyJonny
06-01-2014, 03:46 PM
Turkey is a great source. I have been eating 2 turkey/cheese sandwiches everyday now for 2 years. Low cal if you watch the cheese intake, but I can afford the fat/carbs easily in my diet.

raynerd
06-01-2014, 08:19 PM
When my twins were brewing my wife struggled to eat proteins as well. We talked with our OBGYN and she assured us not to worry, as those little fetuses were like parasites and would find the nutrition they need regardless. Just do your best, stressing about it is harder in the fetus than anything else. Enjoy the pregnancy!

beachguy498
06-02-2014, 06:27 AM
Easiest thing to do TBH, is to just not sweat it.

Keep it to a well balanced daily diet and allow nature to take its course.

This. Definitely do not over-think it. Society tends to overcomplicate everything these days, just give her what she can tolerate. My SIL couldn't even look at raw chicken when she was pregnant, my wife would go over and prep it for her.

Rob