PDA

View Full Version : Great news for Bodybuilders!!

JOHN GARGANI
05-31-2014, 05:28 AM
let me begin by alluding to the current Time Magazine cover: The Transgender Tipping Point..America's next Civil Rights front.....

how is that good news for Bodybuilders?

and trust me, this thread is NOT singling out transgender....or any other alternative lifestyle....but what has happened and is currently happening in our society, is that whether you like it or not, the court of public opinion is not SO strong and so powerful, that, should you say anything negative about ANY variation of lifestyle, and possibly use a certain "code" word, you can lose your job, status, etc......in a flash.....

Still don't see how this is great for bodybuilders?

The time may soon be coming that if somebody calls you "musclebound", they may go into financial ruin! LOL.....

and companies like Planet Fitness with advertisements on the order of " I pick them up , I put them down"...may soon find themselves going into Chapter 13 over such things....

lol...what a world........

Old-Time-Lifter
05-31-2014, 05:37 AM
It's going to get weirder and weirder out there. ;(

paolo59
05-31-2014, 06:19 AM
It's going to get weirder and weirder out there. ;(

LOL I don't much care for the 21st Century. Truth be told, I never really felt all that comfortable with the 20th. :( I feel like I was born out of time.

baker
05-31-2014, 06:32 AM
I learned what Transphobia was yesterday. I didn't even know that was a thing.

JOHN GARGANI
05-31-2014, 06:36 AM
depending on your job, you BETTER know what "thing" is a thing! lol....

really, it's scary, how you could maybe say something innocently, that could turn into a firestorm these days.....

frozensparky
05-31-2014, 07:02 AM
depending on your job, you BETTER know what "thing" is a thing! lol....

really, it's scary, how you could maybe say something innocently, that could turn into a firestorm these days.....

It's really not that hard, treat everybody with respect and keep personal views to yourself in the workplace unless your working with a person you know very well and even then it's better to keep opinions to your personal life.

bodyhard
05-31-2014, 07:10 AM
Damn time for me to get out of bodybuilding, hate to be associated with, well you know.......I can't say the word....

:D :D

GuyJin
05-31-2014, 07:15 AM
Maybe I should write a novel about this.

Oh wait, I already have.

:D

(Now if only someone would publish it...)

cowboybiker
05-31-2014, 07:29 AM
I blame lawyers.

They can't go out and get a decent job.

Between suing everyone over anything and creating laws that contradict other laws.

If they were animals, we would have a hunting season just to thin out the herd.

No bag limits.

GuyJin
05-31-2014, 07:32 AM
I blame Obama.

Was that politically incorrect?

paolo59
05-31-2014, 07:35 AM
I blame lawyers.

They can't go out and get a decent job.

Between suing everyone over anything and creating laws that contradict other laws.

If they were animals, we would have a hunting season just to thin out the herd.

No bag limits.

I need a lawyer! I've been locked in a room with 20 nine year olds for 9 and a half months. It's 'cruel and unusual punishment!' :) Who can I sue?

cowboybiker
05-31-2014, 07:36 AM
I blame Obama.

Was that politically incorrect?

Racist

GuyJin
05-31-2014, 07:55 AM
Racist
--

Californian mutt.

cowboybiker
05-31-2014, 08:00 AM
--

Californian mutt.

Canadian wannabe

SP1966
05-31-2014, 08:07 AM
Canadian wannabe

Oxymoron

GuyJin
05-31-2014, 08:21 AM
Minnysoda...*cough* chokers...SuperBowl *cough cough* also rans...Twins...(clears throat noisily)...'nuff said.
:)

cowboybiker
05-31-2014, 08:29 AM
Harumph

Manc33
05-31-2014, 08:35 AM
let me begin by alluding to the current Time Magazine cover: The Transgender Tipping Point..America's next Civil Rights front.....

and trust me, this thread is NOT singling out transgender....or any other alternative lifestyle....but what has happened and is currently happening in our society, is that whether you like it or not, the court of public opinion is not SO strong and so powerful, that, should you say anything negative about ANY variation of lifestyle, and possibly use a certain "code" word, you can lose your job, status, etc......in a flash.....

The time may soon be coming that if somebody calls you "musclebound", they may go into financial ruin! LOL.....

and companies like Planet Fitness with advertisements on the order of " I pick them up , I put them down"...may soon find themselves going into Chapter 13 over such things....

I agree that things can get so absurd... there's a point where you can use it to your advantage.

Like here you can be fined for swearing in public, but they won't provide a list of the words you cannot say! So if they cannot provide that list, how can you be charged? The law doesn't specify the word. They never will supply such a list because they want to keep it open ended and be able to fine you on a whim, for anything they consider to be swearing. Well they have that all the wrong way around, when I use a word, I will decide whether it is swearing or not, me! Not some jagoff in a costume that goes around harassing and fining innocent people all day.

Old-Time-Lifter
05-31-2014, 08:44 AM
Canadian wannabe

Oxymoron

Best exchange on bb.com in a long, long time... ;)

LOL

DuracellBunny
05-31-2014, 09:46 AM
I agree that things can get so absurd... there's a point where you can use it to your advantage.

Like here you can be fined for swearing in public, but they won't provide a list of the words you cannot say! So if they cannot provide that list, how can you be charged? The law doesn't specify the word. They never will supply such a list because they want to keep it open ended and be able to fine you on a whim, for anything they consider to be swearing. Well they have that all the wrong way around, when I use a word, I will decide whether it is swearing or not, me! Not some jagoff in a costume that goes around harassing and fining innocent people all day.

The home secretary specifically ordered all police forces not to arrest people for swearing at police officers as it wasn't an offense under the public order act, even though the police liked to act as if it was. I would imagine the general swearing thing is the same.

paolo59
05-31-2014, 12:58 PM
The home secretary specifically ordered all police forces not to arrest people for swearing at police officers as it wasn't an offense under the public order act, even though the police liked to act as if it was. I would imagine the general swearing thing is the same.

I've never known a Brit to cuss! :)

DuracellBunny
05-31-2014, 01:31 PM

:p

The public order act was designed to deal with drunks, idiots making a nuisance of themselves and any protesters that the government doesn't approve of. The police unfortunately think it gives them carte blanche to abuse the public. The police also try citing anti-terror legislation to stop you filming them, which is incorrect as well.

I used to live near to the Excel centre in London, which holds one of the biggest arms fairs in the world every year and I would swear at the police on multiple occasions out of shear frustration. Coming home from work, they would stop me 50 yards from my apartment block and make me wait 1-2 hours whilst ships went past. The laughable thing was that anybody in my apartment building could have stood on their balconies and been far closer to the ships, yet that never crossed their minds.

verylostone
06-01-2014, 05:49 PM

You're got to be the biggest idiot on the planet. There's no slippery slope ass hole.

Phattso
06-01-2014, 05:50 PM
You're got to be the biggest idiot on the planet. There's no slippery slope ass hole.

Take yur meds.

cowboybiker
06-01-2014, 05:53 PM
You're got to be the biggest idiot on the planet. There's no slippery slope ass hole.http://now-here-this.timeout.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/tumblr_m8ywzcyDbC1ram1bwo1_500.gif

Brackneyc
06-01-2014, 06:19 PM
I need a lawyer! I've been locked in a room with 20 nine year olds for 9 and a half months. It's 'cruel and unusual punishment!' :) Who can I sue?

20? Where is the other 1/3 of your class? LOL

Brackneyc
06-01-2014, 06:20 PM

They cuss in their own language. :)

DuracellBunny
06-01-2014, 07:27 PM
They cuss in their own language. :)

I'm sorry, I don't speak 'murican ;)