PDA

View Full Version : nutrition help

dbarga94
05-30-2014, 09:15 AM
I'm thinking 3-5 low carb days and 1-2 high carb days in a split, any help would be appreciated!

Low days look like this
2100 calories
71fat
81carbs
267protein
26 fiber
All consisting of 96/4 lean ground, chicken breast, spinach, egg whites, oats, protein powder, and almond butter

High day:

3000cal
50fat
400carbs
296protein
30 fiber

Only thing I add is jasmine rice, and sweet potato, and suger free syrup

in the attachment is a picture of my transformation so far, sitting at 193lbs
i train 5-6 days a week and fasted cardio 3-5 days a week

chicagojosh
05-30-2014, 09:30 AM
Congrats on your progress thus far! you're still trying to cut fat correct? have you calculated your TDEE yet? (tons of online calculators for that) That's the 1st step, then consume approx 250-300 calories under your TDEE. Your macros need some adjustments as well, but I'll let others comment on that.

STC1188
05-30-2014, 09:32 AM
What's your question? If it is "any better foods to eat", since your diet looks boring, don't be afraid of incorporating other foods (the ones you picked aren't magic). I know I would kill myself on that diet (for lack of variety).

ETA: you can switch some protein for carbs, especially if it helps performance (you consume ~100g protein than is recommended, though that isn't harmful; carbs can simply be more helpful)

dbarga94
05-30-2014, 09:38 AM
my question is are the cals and macros good? im not sure on that

i dont know a ton about nutrition i know the foods im eating are good for you. so it worked so i stuck to it. would love to change it up, just dont wanna do it the wrong way.

nothing is set in stone im looking for the best option to cut about 15-20 more lbs im guessing! open to sugggestions/advice.

chicagojosh
05-30-2014, 09:41 AM
my question is are the cals and macros good? im not sure on that

i dont know a ton about nutrition i know the foods im eating are good for you. so it worked so i stuck to it. would love to change it up, just dont wanna do it the wrong way.

nothing is set in stone im looking for the best option to cut about 15-20 more lbs im guessing! open to sugggestions/advice. calculate your TDEE man, that is sound advise everyone on here will give you

dbarga94
05-30-2014, 10:19 AM
so carb cycling doesent have much of a benefit over something like this?

so the calculater is coming up with

2776 TDEE

so a 20% def

2221cal
193g protein
86g fat
167g carb

mostly replying to STC, what kinda foods can i add in ?

also whats ur guys thoughts on maybe a cheat MEAL once a week?(will it hinder progress)

lmk what u think

ChaoticReignPbt
05-30-2014, 11:00 AM
You can incorporate almost anything provided that the majority of your intake is whole unprocessed foods.

I don't like the concept of cheat meals. And you'll feel less need for them if you truly enjoy the foods you eat. I do however usually have 1 day every week where I pretty much don't count anything and just relax. On that day I make sure my protein intake is at least close and don't worry about the rest.

There isn't really a need for carb cycling either. A consistent deficit will get you where you want to go without over complicating things. When progress stalls for more than a couple weeks you just adjust as needed.

Congrats on your progress so far. It's rare to see people put in that kind of work.

STC1188
05-30-2014, 12:01 PM
I would not do carb cycling: a lot of heartache for little (if any) benefit.

For foods, I love beef and pork. Trim them down if you need it lean. Besides that, try different vegetables. I love getting the mixed bags of frozen vegetables since you can include lots of variety without having to worry about spoilage.

I am a big dairy guy for fats (whole milk cottage cheese and greek yogurt). And if you don't use these:

http://deliciousdistractions.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/packet-seasonings-11.jpg

then you're doing it wrong.

Macros look a lot better. See how those make you feel. If you need more carbs, you can still trim a little protein without an issue.

chicagojosh
05-30-2014, 12:39 PM
that montreal steak seasoning is some tasty ish!