PDA

View Full Version : another crossfit fail video comp.

induced_drag
05-29-2014, 09:17 AM
This is pretty funny and one of the better ones I have seen.

T74Xek-pDLM

ajdahlheimer
05-29-2014, 09:31 AM
http://www.rumproast.com/images/uploads/mr_burns_thumb.gif

TubbyDad
05-29-2014, 10:49 AM
The old lady at about 2 minutes is a win.

Frnkd
05-29-2014, 11:10 AM
I actually made it through the whole vid.......Im too easily influenced by the pain people feel....hahaha

:D

bodyhard
05-29-2014, 11:11 AM
LMFAO!!!

Why do these people record this sh!t in the first place?

MiklaDfar
05-29-2014, 03:53 PM
That is some funny stuff there... thanks for the laugh!

GuyJin
05-29-2014, 04:19 PM
The old lady/angry cat made me laugh.

Any training is better than no training at all...but this...some of this was just plain bad--and dangerous. No thanks.

igsm1969
05-29-2014, 07:26 PM
This is pretty funny and one of the better ones I have seen.

T74Xek-pDLM

Love it! Saw it via FB earlier today. There is an original video of the woman hanging upside down on the rings falling to the ground. In it, you hear "thud", a pause, and then a soft "owww!", haha! My gym has turned into partly a crossfit gym since the new owner is into it. They have a little area they use and don't seem to like it when I come over to do deadlifts, kb swings, and box jumps (not all in the same day, ha!). That is the only place one could do that. Some of the dudes love to show off (one guy kept trying to do box jumps from being on his knees....could not clear the plyo box), many of them have chit form (lots of back rounding when dling the bar from the ground for snatches and cleans). The owner acts like a jerk. One morning, he and his crew were doing their thing. He was doing snatches in front of the mirror where the bumper plates were stored. I had to unload my bar from doing deadlifts and put the weights away, but I waited for him to finish his set. Once I thought I was in the clear, he quickly started his snatches again. I was able to get out of his way just in time, but he saw me coming through before he even started back up. He had the nerve to laugh and brag out loud in front of me to his people, "if this bar would have hit her, she would have ended up in the hospital!" I was like, "no, if I make it out alive, that will send me to my attorney and I will clean you good. I don't play". I hope one day I could open my own gym. I don't mind people of different modalities....rule would just be: "no @ssholes allowed". ;D

mikieson
05-29-2014, 07:47 PM
should i post workout video fails? dumb moves are in all sports and styles..crossfit if done correctly is way better for the body..works your whole body and cardiovascular in ways lifting and putting down cant..staying active in any way is great..yea..just got srs YO

Jtbny
05-29-2014, 08:52 PM
should i post workout video fails? dumb moves are in all sports and styles..crossfit if done correctly is way better for the body..works your whole body and cardiovascular in ways lifting and putting down cant..staying active in any way is great..yea..just got srs YO

I'm one of the rare people here that doesn't hate on crossfit. I think it looks like fun...kinda like a circus or an amusement park is fun. I'm also happy to see so many people interested in doing something active and let's not forget what crossfit has done for the fitness industry in general.

With that said cross fitters, from my expereince, take themselves way to serious. Vids like these pop up and every single one I know takes offense.

To your point I'd agree that it's a good cardiovascular endeavor. So is running with the bulls. It's exercise for the sake of exercise with no real progression and silly timed WODs. They do wear pretty cool socks though.

I guess my point is "lighten up Francis".

Old-Time-Lifter
05-29-2014, 09:05 PM
Their pullups look to me like future shoulder surgery in the making.

JediRN
05-29-2014, 09:06 PM
I'm one of the rare people here that doesn't hate on crossfit. I think it looks like fun...kinda like a circus or an amusement park is fun. I'm also happy to see so many people interested in doing something active and let's not forget what crossfit has done for the fitness industry in general.

With that said cross fitters, from my expereince, take themselves way to serious. Vids like these pop up and every single one I know takes offense.

To your point I'd agree that it's a good cardiovascular endeavor. So is running with the bulls. It's exercise for the sake of exercise with no real progression and silly timed WODs. They do wear pretty cool socks though.

I guess my point is "lighten up Francis".

The name's Francis Soyer, but everybody calls me Psycho. Any of you guys call me Francis, and I'll kill you.

Simpske
05-30-2014, 07:59 AM
Crossfit is the same as all other forms of weight lifting just without form and safety.

ajdahlheimer
05-30-2014, 08:05 AM
There's also a distinction between hating crossfit and hating the typical bros/hipsters who do it. My two cents....

Cablebob
05-30-2014, 08:11 AM
Crossfit is the same as all other forms of weight lifting just without form and safety.

so perfectly put. lol

NorwichGrad
05-30-2014, 08:53 AM
HAHAHA!! Funny vid. What's funnier is that I know the first guy whose mirror crashed. He's actually not a crossfitter, just your normal weightlifter.. He power cleaned and jerked 300-lbs at 165-lbs on a bad day. He can also deadlift 550-lbs at that bodyweight.. But he can't benchpress his own bodyweight to save himself. Cool kid. Might come across as a bit cocky, but cool kid nonetheless.

TubbyDad
05-30-2014, 09:02 AM
HAHAHA!! Funny vid. What's funnier is that I know the first guy whose mirror crashed. He's actually not a crossfitter, just your normal weightlifter.. He power cleaned and jerked 300-lbs at 165-lbs on a bad day. He can also deadlift 550-lbs at that bodyweight.. But he can't benchpress his own bodyweight to save himself. Cool kid. Might come across as a bit cocky, but cool kid nonetheless.

I've come to realize that whenever someone fails at an oly lift or falls off of rings it becomes a crossfit fail, regardless of if it was actually crossfit or not. There's no excuse for those moronic box jumps though.

ironwill2008
05-30-2014, 10:26 AM
Phrase most often repeatedly heard during that vid; "Are you all right?"

Jasonk282
05-30-2014, 10:44 AM

http://img0.joyreactor.com/pics/post/gif-workout-like-a-boss-979366.gif

MarkDL
05-30-2014, 12:40 PM
Orthopedic surgeons and chiropractors are probably behind the creation of Crossfit.