PDA

View Full Version : Need A Way Better Diet

jayharrisonfit
05-29-2014, 09:01 AM
I recently started hitting the gym, I'm going 4-5 times a week. I run everyday/every other day about 3.5-4.0 miles. I'm 5'8 and about 139 lbs. My goal is to lose basically all the fat around my stomach to reveal my abs, and in general, get that really ripped/toned look. I uploaded a recent pic, does my BF% look alright?

I would like to convert to a high protein/low carb diet, but at the same time, eat lots to gain a bit of weight. I know next to nothing about diet programs, so could someone suggest (give an example of a typical day) the foods I should eat. I've heard about adding more calories, to gain lean muscle and stuff about macros and micro's but it's all kinda confusing so if someone could give me the run down that'd be great.

List as many foods as possible so I have some variety.

Also, would you suggest a multi-vitamin if I am going to convert to a protein diet?

I don't want to be demanding...but do you think someone could list the foods like this:

Breakfast - list examples
Break-Lunch - list examples
Lunch - list examples
Lunch-Dinner - list examples
Dinner - list examples

Thanks for your help.

Gxp23
05-29-2014, 09:10 AM
Breakfast - Foods you enjoy
Break-Lunch - Foods you enjoy
Lunch - Foods you enjoy
Lunch-Dinner - Foods you enjoy
Dinner - Foods you enjoy

All that add up to the calories you require for the day (I can only assume you plan on gaining weight) while hitting adequate Macros, Micros and fibre.

jayharrisonfit
05-29-2014, 09:14 AM
Breakfast - Foods you enjoy
Break-Lunch - Foods you enjoy
Lunch - Foods you enjoy
Lunch-Dinner - Foods you enjoy
Dinner - Foods you enjoy

All that add up to the calories you require for the day (I can only assume you plan on gaining weight) while hitting adequate Macros, Micros and fibre.

Lol could you be a little more specific on the "foods you enjoy"

MetilHed
05-29-2014, 01:31 PM
Lol could you be a little more specific on the "foods you enjoy"

He means foods that you like to eat.

BrettMBennett
05-29-2014, 01:47 PM
I think you should worry less about losing fat until you put on some mass! Eat what you like for your meals. I am just going to refer you to IIFYM.com and read up on there. If you are looking for calculations go to the iifym calculator tab and plug in your info. It's just a start but it helps!

wlodarczykn
05-29-2014, 02:06 PM
You can eat whatever you want as long as you stay within your macro goals and still lose weight. That is why the general response you get is "Eat foods you like".

ironwill2008
05-29-2014, 02:26 PM
I recently started hitting the gym, I'm going 4-5 times a week. I run everyday/every other day about 3.5-4.0 miles. I'm 5'8 and about 139 lbs. My goal is to lose basically all the fat around my stomach to reveal my abs, and in general, get that really ripped/toned look.

At 5' 9" and 139, you're not a candidate for fat loss. Any weight you lose now will only make you appear even more skinny.

Eat at a surplus, train on a routine of mostly basic lifts, and work to put on 30-40 pounds of muscle over the next couple of years. After you accomplish that, then might be the time to consider a bodybuilding cut.

WonderPug
05-29-2014, 02:31 PM
You desperately need to bulks.

darkwolf11
05-29-2014, 02:38 PM
Really anything that fits your macros, but if you must have an example.

Breakfast - Dannon light and fit yogurt, 2 Sara Lee 45 calorie wheat bread, 4 eggs, 4oz chicken breast
Lunch - Mission Carb Balance Wheat wrap, 8 oz chicken breast or steak, whatever you have at home, 6oz baby potatoes
After Workout - Protein Shake
Dinner - 8oz Salmon, salad with 2 tblspoon hummus,

The calories of macro for that example is 1800 calories. 63g fat, 98g carbs, 226g protein.
With Multivitamin and 4-8 tablet of fish oil daily.

Dont know if this count but at least half a gallon of water. I have a 72oz, 2.13L water bottle you can pick up almost anywhere for like 2 dollars. Fill it up in the morning and make it your goal to finish at least that by the end of the night. With the high amount of protein in our diet, I usually aim to finish a whole gallon, which is 2 of those bottles a day.

Former300lber
05-29-2014, 02:40 PM
Put on 30-40lbs over the next 2 year's, and reevaluate your plan then.

InItForFitness
05-29-2014, 02:44 PM
I think you should worry less about losing fat until you put on some mass! !

At 5' 9" and 139, you're not a candidate for fat loss. Any weight you lose now will only make you appear even more skinny.

Eat at a surplus, train on a routine of mostly basic lifts, and work to put on 30-40 pounds of muscle over the next couple of years. After you accomplish that, then might be the time to consider a bodybuilding cut.

You desperately need to bulks.

Put on 30-40lbs over the next 2 year's, and reevaluate your plan then.

Throw another vote in here for BULK!

You should not be attempting to lose weight.

As for your original topic.
Eat foods you enjoy...it's that simple.

ELLSKIES
05-29-2014, 06:21 PM
Throw another vote in here for BULK!

You should not be attempting to lose weight.

As for your original topic.
Eat foods you enjoy...it's that simple.
Agree with the above. Oh yeah, and PLEASE BULK!

jayharrisonfit
05-31-2014, 08:57 AM
Really anything that fits your macros, but if you must have an example.

Breakfast - Dannon light and fit yogurt, 2 Sara Lee 45 calorie wheat bread, 4 eggs, 4oz chicken breast
Lunch - Mission Carb Balance Wheat wrap, 8 oz chicken breast or steak, whatever you have at home, 6oz baby potatoes
After Workout - Protein Shake
Dinner - 8oz Salmon, salad with 2 tblspoon hummus,

The calories of macro for that example is 1800 calories. 63g fat, 98g carbs, 226g protein.
With Multivitamin and 4-8 tablet of fish oil daily.

Dont know if this count but at least half a gallon of water. I have a 72oz, 2.13L water bottle you can pick up almost anywhere for like 2 dollars. Fill it up in the morning and make it your goal to finish at least that by the end of the night. With the high amount of protein in our diet, I usually aim to finish a whole gallon, which is 2 of those bottles a day.

Thanks. So you can get your micros in with vitamins? Also, before workouts should I eat heavy carbs? More protein?