PDA

View Full Version : Iifym- how can i balance meals to ensure i get all of my macros each day

smallvany
05-27-2014, 05:00 PM
I have just started iifym and im struggling to match each of my macros by the end of each day. My macros are 2000kcal= 200carbs 150protein and 67 fat. today for example i was left with 1carb 20 protein and 0 fat. What do i do in that case to balance it out to achieve the 2000kcal i need??

Domicron
05-27-2014, 05:11 PM
I have just started iifym and im struggling to match each of my macros by the end of each day. My macros are 2000kcal= 200carbs 150protein and 67 fat. today for example i was left with 1carb 20 protein and 0 fat. What do i do in that case to balance it out to achieve the 2000kcal i need??

carbs are non-essential, so in your case you could eat fewer carbs and more protein. also remember that these numbers are your macro nutrient MINIMUMS, meaning it's okay to eat more, so long as you can meet your protein and fat requirements while staying close to your target total calories

smallvany
05-30-2014, 04:53 PM
carbs are non-essential, so in your case you could eat fewer carbs and more protein. also remember that these numbers are your macro nutrient MINIMUMS, meaning it's okay to eat more, so long as you can meet your protein and fat requirements while staying close to your target total calories

Hey man, thanks for the advice. I decided to make a range of macros rather than trying to stick an exact number. so much easier :) And regarding the carbs, im trying to eat a lot of carbs this cut to give me a greater amount of energy than trying to get them from harder sources.

Filthmonger
05-30-2014, 05:12 PM
Hey man, thanks for the advice. I decided to make a range of macros rather than trying to stick an exact number. so much easier :) And regarding the carbs, im trying to eat a lot of carbs this cut to give me a greater amount of energy than trying to get them from harder sources.

Good idea, hitting exact numbers is stupid, your not expending the same amount of energy everyday.

smallvany
05-30-2014, 05:24 PM
Good idea, hitting exact numbers is stupid, your not expending the same amount of energy everyday.

Yeah im just becoming a custom to it now, i only started counting macros on monday so its just taking a while to get used to it :) but im loving the freedom haha