PDA

View Full Version : working hard and working out hard

JJR60
05-26-2014, 01:44 PM
Im 36 and just started going to the gym and iI am lovin it. Unfortunatly I am at work (givin-er)for 10+ hours for a duration of 15 days on and 6 off.
I also want to hit the gym as much as possiblle without sacrificing my time on burning out. any info or sugestions would be awsone

baker
05-26-2014, 02:16 PM
If it's important you'll find a way.

tryintorebuild
05-27-2014, 07:08 AM
Important thing to remember is that some is better than none. A schedule like you are working is certainly not condusive to a workout schedule, but you can make it work. You just have to give up the notion that you need to spend 2 hours in the gym to qualify as "working out". Twenty to thirty minutes every 4 to 6 days a week will make a big difference in just a few months, especially if you haven't been giving it that much effort already.

JJR60
05-27-2014, 06:32 PM
Thats good Advice I appreciate it
when iI hit the gym i dont want to pussy foot around. I like to go as hard as I can without being stupid and overdoing it.
You think 3days on and one off a little too much with not enough rest while working and might slow my gains or Jst get it on whenever im not dead

acrawlingchaos
05-27-2014, 06:41 PM
Thats good Advice I appreciate it
when iI hit the gym i dont want to pussy foot around. I like to go as hard as I can without being stupid and overdoing it.
You think 3days on and one off a little too much with not enough rest while working and might slow my gains or Jst get it on whenever im not deadMore isn't always better.

As a novice, I wouldn't suggest more than 3 times a week (an hour each session).