PDA

View Full Version : I can let almost anything go, but this bothers me.

deadwoodgregg
05-24-2014, 04:26 PM
Although these individuals are not doing anything illegal, the way that they are using their freedoms pisses me off. It takes a true piece of shytt to disrespect both the flag and those individuals who risked and gave their lives for those freedoms. I am like many others that may not like the direction that our government is leading our country, but there are other ways of drawing attention to your cause. I don't let too many things bother me, but the United States flag is off limits for ridicule.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN1P71tHOGc

DocHoss
05-24-2014, 04:55 PM
True that.

Then there are those who try to make a statement by burning the flag, which is very powerful precisely because of offensiveness of the action. yet in the end it is a piece of cloth, albeit imbued (?) with great symbolism. Isn't burning also the proper method of disposing of an old flag? It's all in context. I can tell you that when I studied in Leningrad, it was tremendous feeling to see the Stars & Stripes flying in front of the consulate there.

Self-righteous politicians and others who wrap themselves up in the flag to fling mud at their opponents desecrate the flag just as much IMHO.

And I must say I'm not too fond of those who plant their *sses on our flag because they are wearing it on their shorts.

May we all be thankful for those many who fought and died for our flag and the freedoms that even sh*theads have.

steffo99
05-24-2014, 04:56 PM
I see what you mean, should definitely be off limits.

For a while at least, not sure if they still have, racist and fascist factions over here made our national flag their symbol.
So in raising your own flag, or having it on the balcony etc, you could be confused for a racist. A sports team that brought the
flag to a tournament were told by the organizers that it was too provocative. That upset me.

DaddyJax
05-24-2014, 06:29 PM
Dude was out of line. He should have never engaged them physically. I dont agree with their methods but they were in their right.
Reminds me of these idiots
http://localtvwtvr.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/chipotle-collage.jpg

JediRN
05-24-2014, 06:47 PM
True that.

Then there are those who try to make a statement by burning the flag, which is very powerful precisely because of offensiveness of the action. yet in the end it is a piece of cloth, albeit imbued (?) with great symbolism. Isn't burning also the proper method of disposing of an old flag? It's all in context. I can tell you that when I studied in Leningrad, it was tremendous feeling to see the Stars & Stripes flying in front of the consulate there.

Self-righteous politicians and others who wrap themselves up in the flag to fling mud at their opponents desecrate the flag just as much IMHO.

And I must say I'm not too fond of those who plant their *sses on our flag because they are wearing it on their shorts.

May we all be thankful for those many who fought and died for our flag and the freedoms that even sh*theads have.

I've just come to accept that the official flag for anti-Americans is a burning US flag. It use to bother me to see our flag burned but I'm numb too it now. The flag itself is, as we all know, just cloth and ink. It's what it represents to those who love our country that is important. Duty, sacrifice, honor, freedom, God, family etc. Those values are what are sacred and it is just impossible for those who do not hold those values to to make it de-sacred (desecrate) to me.

Brackneyc
05-24-2014, 06:53 PM
Those who burn the flag lack imagination. They are boring and insignificant.

DuracellBunny
05-24-2014, 07:06 PM
I see what you mean, should definitely be off limits.

For a while at least, not sure if they still have, racist and fascist factions over here made our national flag their symbol.
So in raising your own flag, or having it on the balcony etc, you could be confused for a racist. A sports team that brought the
flag to a tournament were told by the organizers that it was too provocative. That upset me.

The English flag is like that. You can fly the British, Scottish, Welsh or Irish flags with no incident; but on some occasions the police (I sht you not) have made people take down the English flag on grounds of racism. Pubs flying it during the world cup (soccer) have been forced to take it down.

JediRN
05-24-2014, 07:13 PM
Those who burn the flag lack imagination. They are boring and insignificant.

Truth

As an aside... and I guess an e-brag. I had the honor to care for a Marine who was on Iwo Jima. He was in 3rd platoon, C company 2/28 5th Marines. I remembered this because I spent hours looking up all the things that he told me. When you see that iconic picture of the flag being raised on Mt. Suribachi, what you don't see is him and about 25 others standing around with their BAR's looking out for any japanese that might want to pop out and shuck a grenade in their general direction. He told me "One did... but he didn't last long.) I was just in awe that this man saw both flags (the one in the picture was staged) being raised and was part of this important moment in our history.

Obviously he got A-list Rock star care from me.

I seriously have one of the best jobs in the world.

acrawlingchaos
05-24-2014, 11:38 PM
As a veteran, he should know better. He defended their right to express themselves freely as a soldier, and then proceeds to make a mockery of himself.

The Stars and Stripes are not sacred, they are not off limits.

Those who burn the flag lack imagination. They are boring and insignificant.Agreed. Inciting anger truly is unimaginative.

acrawlingchaos
05-24-2014, 11:52 PM
FTR.... this was an anti-torture vigil in support of soldiers.

The flag upside down is a designation that indicates distress.

The flag upside down has never been a symbol of disrespect, and the vigil is "inline" with the meaning of the upside down flag (distress). Their demonstration was peaceful, appropriate and respectful.

so-tex
05-25-2014, 12:04 AM
Those who burn the flag lack imagination. They are boring and insignificant.I respectfully disagree.

As a veteran, he should know better. He defended their right to express themselves freely as a soldier, and then proceeds to make a mockery of himself.

The Stars and Stripes are not sacred, they are not off limits.

Agreed. Inciting anger truly is unimaginative.I find this troubling since you are a veteran that you would approve of this. I am all for peoples rights, good or bad, but fuking with our flag is a big no no!

Oceanside
05-25-2014, 12:05 AM
nobody ever died for a damned flag...

that's just stupid !

so-tex
05-25-2014, 12:10 AM
nobody ever died for a damned flag...

that's just stupid !I just got in a fight today for diks waiving another flag.
What would you do if I called your mother a whore? :)

acrawlingchaos
05-25-2014, 12:25 AM
I find this troubling since you are a veteran that you would approve of this. I am all for peoples rights, good or bad, but fuking with our flag is a big no no!Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Who said I approved? Understanding and enjoying the privileges afforded to me as an American Citizen means I need to accept that all other Americans share these same privileges.

so-tex
05-25-2014, 12:49 AM
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Who said I approved? Understanding and enjoying the privileges afforded to me as an American Citizen means I need to accept that all other Americans share these same privileges.O.K. I'm just a dumb fuking Texan Who happens to be a patriot. on my way home today, I saw some people that were proudly displaying the Mexico flag with a sign that said 'down with the gringos'. I stopped, got out of my truck, and confronted them. Out comes a dude, and I kicked him under the knee, and he went down. I had a scuffle with one of the other ones and it didn't end well for him. The other ones stood around like a bunch of pu$$ies . The only thing I regret is not taking that fuking flag and stomping it into the ground.

Chingow, I did take that flag, and it's still in the floorboard in my truck. :)

JediRN
05-25-2014, 01:17 AM
I just got in a fight today for diks waiving another flag.

1. Different situation, wasn't it? As i recall, it was foreigners on our soil waving their flag in a pejorative manner... and I can't say that it breaks my little liberal heart knowing that that happened.... not even a little. That crosses a line.

2. If memory serves me correct, I learned in Boy Scouts that and upside down flag was a signal of distress.

3. I've burned at least 4 flags in my life. This is what I was taught in Boy Scout was ONLY the appropriate to dispose of a flag. i could be rightious and judgmental and say that anybody who has ever thrown Old Glory in the trash obviously doesn't love the country enough to read the US Flag Code... but that would be assinine. respect and disrespect depends on intent. In the case of the people you punched, it sounds like they were trying to be disrespectful... if so, I'm kinda glad they got their asses kicked by you. In the case of the protest in the vid...perhaps not so much.

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Who said I approved? Understanding and enjoying the privileges afforded to me as an American Citizen means I need to accept that all other Americans share these same privileges.

You mean there is more than one ammendment? I could have sworn that the Bill of rights only had one ammendment and for what ever reason, our founding fathers started the count off with "2". I'm must be watching too much Fox news.

so-tex
05-25-2014, 02:04 AM
1. Different situation, wasn't it? As i recall, it was foreigners on our soil waving their flag in a pejorative manner... and I can't say that it breaks my little liberal heart knowing that that happened.... not even a little. That crosses a line.

These guys were foreigners . After all was said and done, one of their responses was please don't turn us in. They're here illegally flying a foreign countries flag and degrading ours.. You want me to ignore it? Go fuk yourself!

JediRN
05-25-2014, 02:10 AM
These guys were foreigners . After all was said and done, one of their responses was please don't turn us in. They're here illegally flying a foreign countries flag and degrading ours.. You want me to ignore it? Go fuk yourself!

uhmnn...maybe I used too many words to say "good job" You didn't cross a line... they did.. and evidently a line on a map too.

but invitations to go fuk myself are always well recieved. Any lovin is good lovin... even if I have to give it to myself.

so-tex
05-25-2014, 02:15 AM
uhmnn...maybe I used too many words to say "good job" You didn't cross a line... they did.. and evidently a line on a map too.

but invitations to go fuk myself are always well recieved. Any lovin is good lovin... even if I have to give it to myself.Sorry buddy, I'm the one who crossed the line to your response. Forgive me, but I was pretty pissed at the situation and time. I apologize. :)

goirish3
05-25-2014, 02:38 AM
Flying the flag upside down is not disrespectful, letting it touch the ground is. That flag should of never touched the ground. The flag is greater than any one person and just because that guy is a irag veteran does not entitle him to any more of an opinion than any other american citizen.

Brackneyc
05-25-2014, 07:41 AM
I respectfully disagree.

Tex, I will not allow those who would burn one to control my feelings or behaviors with their feeble attempt at becoming relevant.

Tomorrow (Monday), the flag burners will stand alone, while most others (hopefully), will reflect upon those who gave all.

PoliticalCenter
05-25-2014, 07:42 AM
Benghazi was caused by republicans dressing up as Muslims.

Islam sucks.

Phattso
05-25-2014, 08:05 AM
Benghazi was caused by republicans dressing up as Muslims.

Islam sucks.

Mental illness suck, too. Get help, boy.

cowboybiker
05-25-2014, 08:16 AM
Tomorrow is Memorial day.

I plan on taking time to reflect on the lives that were lost and the sacrifices made.
To me, thats more important than the 3 day weekend and trips to the beach or river and definitely more important than the flag they defended.
Their lives. Their sacrifice.

Don't get distracted from that.

so-tex
05-25-2014, 09:23 AM
Tomorrow is Memorial day.

I plan on taking time to reflect on the lives that were lost and the sacrifices made.
To me, thats more important than the 3 day weekend and trips to the beach or river and definitely more important than the flag they defended.
Their lives. Their sacrifice.

Don't get distracted from that.Well said my friend. :)

so-tex
05-25-2014, 09:28 AM
Tex, I will not allow those who would burn one to control my feelings or behaviors with their feeble attempt at becoming relevant.

Tomorrow (Monday), the flag burners will stand alone, while most others (hopefully), will reflect upon those who gave all.You're right and a good voice of reason. :)

Frnkd
05-25-2014, 11:48 AM
Although these individuals are not doing anything illegal, the way that they are using their freedoms pisses me off. It takes a true piece of shytt to disrespect both the flag and those individuals who risked and gave their lives for those freedoms. I am like many others that may not like the direction that our government is leading our country, but there are other ways of drawing attention to your cause. I don't let too many things bother me, but the United States flag is off limits for ridicule.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eN1P71tHOGc

Blame the supreme court 1989 (Texas vs Johnson) on this one.
Freedom of speech is given to money, and corporations nowadays......wait till you realize the more they have the less you'll have- of freedom that is.
Our govt is being bought and sold to the highest bidder. I was in Florida and couldnt believe how bombarded the airwaves are by political ads not directly approved by the candidate.

SP1966
05-25-2014, 12:53 PM
Blame the supreme court 1989 (Texas vs Johnson) on this one.
Freedom of speech is given to money, and corporations nowadays......wait till you realize the more they have the less you'll have- of freedom that is.
Our govt is being bought and sold to the highest bidder. I was in Florida and couldnt believe how bombarded the airwaves are by political ads not directly approved by the candidate.

No better evidence than Horrible Harry Reid defending billionaire Sheldon Adelson who's given millions to conservative causes and politicians... and Harry. Party politics aside, how can any person look at and listen to Harry Reid and not know for a fact he's bought and paid for? He makes the skin crawl even on the hookers in Pahrump!!

Brackneyc
05-25-2014, 04:57 PM
No better evidence than Horrible Harry Reid defending billionaire Sheldon Adelson who's given millions to conservative causes and politicians... and Harry. Party politics aside, how can any person look at and listen to Harry Reid and not know for a fact he's bought and paid for? He makes the skin crawl even on the hookers in Pahrump!!

Art Bell approves of this post.

Oceanside
05-25-2014, 05:54 PM

?????

acrawlingchaos
05-25-2014, 06:54 PM
O.K. I'm just a dumb fuking Texan Who happens to be a patriot. on my way home today, I saw some people that were proudly displaying the Mexico flag with a sign that said 'down with the gringos'. I stopped, got out of my truck, and confronted them. Out comes a dude, and I kicked him under the knee, and he went down. I had a scuffle with one of the other ones and it didn't end well for him. The other ones stood around like a bunch of pu$$ies . The only thing I regret is not taking that fuking flag and stomping it into the ground.

Chingow, I did take that flag, and it's still in the floorboard in my truck. :)Such a bad ass. :rolleyes:

FTR, no real patriot will attempt to limit the freedom of others.

?????I think in this analogy, the Flag is your mother, and flying another flag is like calling her a whore. It doesn't really make sense, but just roll with it.

JediRN
05-25-2014, 07:08 PM
Sorry buddy, I'm the one who crossed the line to your response. Forgive me, but I was pretty pissed at the situation and time. I apologize. :)

no worries, you're story made my little leftist leaning liberal heart bleed with JOY and PRIDE.

why?
Patriotism>Politics

as an aside,
I don't know why, but a few days ago I decided to research how many US soldiers, and who, died in Vietnam on my B-Day. It's very humbling to know that on the very day I was born, 11 servicemen died in Vietnam. For some reason that just hits me right in the feels.

so-tex
05-25-2014, 07:19 PM
?????I'm pretty sure if I called you mom a whore to you face, you would probably 'clean my clock'. Pretty much the same way I feel about our flag. :)

Such a bad ass. :rolleyes:

FTR, no real patriot will attempt to limit the freedom of others.

Not a bad ass at all. I'm not for limiting freedom at all, but if some phaggot is disrespecting the flag they either A) Desrve an ass whoopin. Or B) Need to GTFO of this country. Look, there are times I disagree with our policies, politics, ect. In fact, there are times I am downright ashamed of some of the things we do here, but this is our country and the flag means a great deal to me. I guess I took too many history classes, or maybe it's because I am a flag waiving, clinging to my guns and God religious fanatic. :rolleyes: Anyway, I'll just leave this here. Happy Memorial Day. :)
/watch?v=3VLhH2wCtAQ

acrawlingchaos
05-25-2014, 11:27 PM
Not a bad ass at all. I'm not for limiting freedom at all, but if some phaggot is disrespecting the flag they either A) Desrve an ass whoopin. Or B) Need to GTFO of this country.Look, there are times I disagree with our policies, politics, ect. In fact, there are times I am downright ashamed of some of the things we do here, but this is our country and the flag means a great deal to me. I guess I took too many history classes, or maybe it's because I am a flag waiving, clinging to my guns and God religious fanatic. :rolleyes: Anyway, I'll just leave this here. Happy Memorial Day.The flag is... nothing. It's a flag

I, JM, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice.

Too few people seem to really understand what that truly means.

NOTE: I don't fly any banner, I own no firearms, nor am I religious. It seemed to matter to you since you made mention of it... not sure how it's relevant.

steffo99
05-26-2014, 04:57 AM
Yes, a flag as a piece of cloth may not be that significant, but it symbolizes many different things to many
different people.

Hope this doesn't sound too cheesy, but we have always used symbols and adornments to display what tribe or
group we belong to. It represents who we are, what we stand for , and the struggles we went through. It's part of us.
An attack on the flag is, in other words, a giant fu to everything about you and I suspect most will take offense
to this for some time to come still.

That's how I see it anyways. :)

Brackneyc
05-26-2014, 05:29 AM
We all have things we are passionate about, which someone else thinks is pointless.

SP1966
05-26-2014, 10:53 AM
We all have things we are passionate about, which someone else thinks is pointless.

Pointless post.

acrawlingchaos
05-26-2014, 03:07 PM
We all have things we are passionate about, which someone else thinks is pointless.True enough, but you will have to excuse me if I find it a bit odd that someone would get upset over the desecration of a symbol, and pay absolutely no mind to what that symbol actually stands for.

cowboybiker
05-26-2014, 03:28 PM
I would get upset if someone desecrated bacon.
Hell. I'd get pissed if they overcooked my steak.

Brackneyc
05-26-2014, 03:32 PM
True enough, but you will have to excuse me if I find it a bit odd that someone would get upset over the desecration of a symbol, and pay absolutely no mind to what that symbol actually stands for.

I don't actually find it that odd that folks get upset over it, as I believe most think it, and what it stands for when desecrated are one in the same. I simply choose not to engage those who would desecrate it because I think it plays into their agenda.

I am not going to say I don't care one way or the other about the flag (total indifference), because that is not honest, and would prefer other forms of protest be used. I will not however let those who do it control my behavior/response to it.

cowboybiker
05-26-2014, 03:46 PM
People do whatever people do, for whatever reason pleases them

Choose your battles wisely. There's far too many of them.

mikieson
05-26-2014, 05:04 PM
Just like people posting on facebook about today and being so dramatic and over sensitive..this story is no different. How about we just enjoy the day and move on? How about not worrying so much about flags and worry about getting our country back.Boot every illegal out.Bring back our factories and health care. Lower prices. Keep our fuels for US and screw other countries.Start public executions,teaching others THIS is what will happen if you act a fool. Start giving parents the right to beat the f^&k out of their kids if needed. Close off welfare after a certain time of use or abuse..Lets worry with things that matter. Our country is freaking lost right now..we are going to be taken over not only by China,but people coming across the boarders..Screw the importance of this day or a flag UNTIL we get things right..now im off to eat some hot dogs,chips,and have a coke and a smile..peace.

DaddyJax
05-26-2014, 05:35 PM
I don't actually find it that odd that folks get upset over it, as I believe most think it, and what it stands for when desecrated are one in the same. I simply choose not to engage those who would desecrate it because I think it plays into their agenda.

I am not going to say I don't care one way or the other about the flag (total indifference), because that is not honest, and would prefer other forms of protest be used. I will not however let those who do it control my behavior/response to it.

People do whatever people do, for whatever reason pleases them

Choose your battles wisely. There's far too many of them.
I would get upset if someone desecrated bacon.
Hell. I'd get pissed if they overcooked my steak. /thread

SP1966
05-26-2014, 06:24 PM
Just like people posting on facebook about today and being so dramatic and over sensitive..this story is no different. How about we just enjoy the day and move on? How about not worrying so much about flags and worry about getting our country back.Boot every illegal out.Bring back our factories and health care. Lower prices. Keep our fuels for US and screw other countries.Start public executions,teaching others THIS is what will happen if you act a fool. Start giving parents the right to beat the f^&k out of their kids if needed. Close off welfare after a certain time of use or abuse..Lets worry with things that matter. Our country is freaking lost right now..we are going to be taken over not only by China,but people coming across the boarders..Screw the importance of this day or a flag UNTIL we get things right..now im off to eat some hot dogs,chips,and have a coke and a smile..peace.

Thank you for imparting your wisdom upon this thread, though I think you hit empty by the third word.

so-tex
05-26-2014, 09:03 PM
NOTE: I don't fly any banner, I own no firearms, nor am I religious. It seemed to matter to you since you made mention of it... not sure how it's relevant.I was being facetious and you know it. You should probably add this to your sig. :rolleyes:

Oncebitten
05-27-2014, 10:25 AM
I served in the Marines and neither I nor most of the guys I served with really gave two $hits about the flag. It's just a symbol. We didn't serve because of the flag, we served because we believed in the ideals and freedoms that this country holds dear. If someone wants to burn the flag to protest some injustice (either real or imagined), go right ahead. It's that freedom that I hold dear, not some random cloth symbol.

It's also been my experience that most of the rabid protectors of the flag never served a day in uniform. How ironic...

tomnationwide
05-27-2014, 10:56 AM
So you don't believe in freedoms unless they are the ones you like? The man is making a choice that the people he is fighting with should not have the same freedoms he has. Veterans, true Veterans who believe in the Constitution and not the trailer park redneck version of America, would be glad to see him fighting for what he believes and for these other people to be defending what they believe.

tomnationwide
05-27-2014, 10:58 AM
I served in the Marines and neither I nor most of the guys I served with really gave two $hits about the flag. It's just a symbol. We didn't serve because of the flag, we served because we believed in the ideals and freedoms that this country holds dear. If someone wants to burn the flag to protest some injustice (either real or imagined), go right ahead. It's that freedom that I hold dear, not some random cloth symbol.

It's also been my experience that most of the rabid protectors of the flag never served a day in uniform. How ironic...

Salute to you sir. This is not about a piece of cloth. It's about a person's rights.

Brackneyc
05-27-2014, 11:33 AM

This^^ has no relevance to how passionate someone is, or is not about it imo.

Serving in the armed forces does not grant you any more rights to patriotism or rights than those chose/choose not to serve.

acrawlingchaos
05-27-2014, 11:35 AM
So you don't believe in freedoms unless they are the ones you like? The man is making a choice that the people he is fighting with should not have the same freedoms he has. Veterans, true Veterans who believe in the Constitution and not the trailer park redneck version of America, would be glad to see him fighting for what he believes and for these other people to be defending what they believe."I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." ~Evelyn Beatrice Hall~

Oncebitten
05-27-2014, 12:04 PM
This^^ has no relevance to how passionate someone is, or is not about it imo.

I suppose if you never served you might miss the irony of it.

eomrat
05-27-2014, 12:31 PM

You're an idiot.

Brackneyc
05-27-2014, 12:35 PM

You are suggesting that those who served should be more outraged than someone who has not?

ahawk01
05-27-2014, 12:48 PM
I wonder how many countries this would be an issue in? You think if you were to go to say Russia and drive around with an American flag with Down with Ruskies, do you think you would get very far? You'd be beaten, tortured, and probably worse. I really couldn't careless if someone displays there flag, but saying down with gringos is just an invitation for a fight. They got what they were instigating.

Oncebitten
05-27-2014, 01:58 PM
You are suggesting that those who served should be more outraged than someone who has not?

Not at all. I'm saying its been my experience that those who served are typically less outraged. Thus the irony.

acrawlingchaos
05-27-2014, 02:59 PM
I wonder how many countries this would be an issue in? You think if you were to go to say Russia and drive around with an American flag with Down with Ruskies, do you think you would get very far? You'd be beaten, tortured, and probably worse.You mean those countries with severe human rights issues? We want to emulate them why?

I really couldn't careless if someone displays there flag, but saying down with gringos is just an invitation for a fight. They got what they were instigating.Sure... and I'm sure you could use this excuse to throw a punch at anyone. It's nothing more than rationalizing violent behavior over some feigned insult that has zero impact on your life.

There are other ways to get involved, but those take a real effort.

Brackneyc
05-27-2014, 03:16 PM
Not at all. I'm saying its been my experience that those who served are typically less outraged. Thus the irony.

I have seen it (outrage) come from both vets and non-vets. I don't know who has shown more or less of it to be honest. As a population, apathy tends to run high on most topics, best I can tell. A little outrage on certain topics might do everyone some good.

stainersxm
05-27-2014, 08:09 PM
We do live in a society i nwhich people act in ways we cannot explain nor know why they act, but then again this is only one of the stories that happen from all that have never surfaced.

pijef
05-27-2014, 09:53 PM
Ummm, no. They don't protect our 'freedoms' first of all, that is what our CONSTITUTION is for. Not our military. Our military is for the PROTECTION of our country, something that hasen't been needed since PEARL HARBOR. Nothing is off limits for ridicule unless its racial, which is illegal. According to your logic, our soldiers protect our freedom, right? Well our 'freedoms' include ridiculing whatever flag we want. Stop being such a gun toting nationalist, its creepy. Like it or not, the only person in the wrong here is the 'veteran' assaulting the protester which is against what any soldier pledges when they are sworn into the United States armed forces. He broke the law and made himself look like an idiot.

so-tex
05-27-2014, 10:33 PM
Ummm, no. They don't protect our 'freedoms' first of all, that is what our CONSTITUTION is for. Not our military. Our military is for the PROTECTION of our country, something that hasen't been needed since PEARL HARBOR. Nothing is off limits for ridicule unless its racial, which is illegal. According to your logic, our soldiers protect our freedom, right? Well our 'freedoms' include ridiculing whatever flag we want. Stop being such a gun toting nationalist, its creepy. Like it or not, the only person in the wrong here is the 'veteran' assaulting the protester which is against what any soldier pledges when they are sworn into the United States armed forces. He broke the law and made himself look like an idiot.Cool sig. Too bad you lied about the fap part. :)

Brackneyc
05-28-2014, 02:54 AM
Ummm, no. They don't protect our 'freedoms' first of all, that is what our CONSTITUTION is for. Not our military. Our military is for the PROTECTION of our country, something that hasen't been needed since PEARL HARBOR. Nothing is off limits for ridicule unless its racial, which is illegal. According to your logic, our soldiers protect our freedom, right? Well our 'freedoms' include ridiculing whatever flag we want. Stop being such a gun toting nationalist, its creepy. Like it or not, the only person in the wrong here is the 'veteran' assaulting the protester which is against what any soldier pledges when they are sworn into the United States armed forces. He broke the law and made himself look like an idiot.

So we no longer need a military? Good to know.

eomrat
05-28-2014, 07:46 PM
Our military is for the PROTECTION of our country.

Wrong, dillweed. The purpose of our military is to mack hot chicks and party like Vandals.

Oh, and dress real nice from time to time.

so-tex
05-28-2014, 07:52 PM
Wrong, dillweed. The purpose of our military is to mack hot chicks and party like Vandals.

Oh, and dress real nice from time to time.Fuk, if I would have known that, I would have joined. Hell, I would probably be a General by now.

eomrat
05-28-2014, 08:23 PM
Fuk, if I would have known that, I would have joined. Hell, I would probably be a General by now.

When I say "dress real nice", I don't mean putting on clean blue jeans and your "good boots".

SP1966
05-28-2014, 08:27 PM
When I say "dress real nice", I don't mean putting on clean blue jeans and your "good boots".

And by "good boots" you mean the ones he's hosed the crap off of?

so-tex
05-28-2014, 08:31 PM
When I say "dress real nice", I don't mean putting on clean blue jeans and your "good boots".I knew there was a catch. Too good to be true.

And by "good boots" you mean the ones he's hosed the crap off of?Exactly.

JRT6
05-29-2014, 06:37 AM
The English flag is like that. You can fly the British, Scottish, Welsh or Irish flags with no incident; but on some occasions the police (I sht you not) have made people take down the English flag on grounds of racism. Pubs flying it during the world cup (soccer) have been forced to take it down.

Recently a British Army soldier wore her BDU on a cmmercial flight and got thrown off because of it. Many UK posters said she deserved it for wearing her uniform in public.

ahawk01
05-29-2014, 12:02 PM
Recently a British Army soldier wore her BDU on a cmmercial flight and got thrown off because of it. Many UK posters said she deserved it for wearing her uniform in public.

Makes no sense I have traveled in uniform plenty of times.