PDA

View Full Version : Embiid looking healthy and graceful

Spill512
05-23-2014, 11:49 PM
Qd3RVBZz6Rk

This guy will be rocking a Cleveland jersey in a couple months smh.

sdballer5588
05-23-2014, 11:54 PM
Passing on Wiggins will be the 9 trillionth mistake Cleveland makes when Embiid busts.

Gerald151
05-23-2014, 11:56 PM
I can dunk too.

srom12
05-24-2014, 12:04 AM
Passing on Wiggins will be the 9 trillionth mistake Cleveland makes when Embiid busts.

Embiid = goat center

Wiggins is best player available but embiid is a better fit for Cleveland

Wiggins true home is philly

Spill512
05-24-2014, 12:09 AM

Embiid is a lock for #1. Body willing, he can be the first option on a contending team. You always take a risk when you draft big men, worth it for Embiid.

Wiggins is a bitch. He'll be a good defender and 2nd option. He doesn't have nearly the potential Embiid does.

sn24
05-24-2014, 12:10 AM
Embiid will either become a superstar or a Greg Oden. High risk high reward. But honestly after seeing Sam Bowie taken over Jordan and Oden over Durant I would take Wiggins just to be safe

sdballer5588
05-24-2014, 12:11 AM
Embiid is a lock for #1. Body willing, he can be the first option on a contending team. You always take a risk when you draft big men, worth it for Embiid.

Wiggins is a bitch. He'll be a good defender and 2nd option. He doesn't have nearly the potential Embiid does.

I agree you go for big man.

However who was the last big man drafted high that panned out AT ALL? Dwight? Davis is hardly a big man.

In that same draft Emeka Okafor went #2 and turned into absolute trash.

OutWorkedByNo1
05-24-2014, 12:15 AM
Jeff Goodman ✔ @GoodmanESPN
Follow
NBA guy on watching Joel Embiid at workout: "Looks healthy, quick and explosive."

Adrian Wojnarowski ✔ @WojYahooNBA
Follow
Watching Joel Embiid in workout for league executives in Santa Monica. Impossible to imagine passing on him at No. 1.

Chad Ford ********@chadfordinsider 14h
Embiid quickly re-asserting claim to # 1 pick here. Added muscle, still has quick feet & a beautiful jumper. No evidence of back issues

Chad FordVerified account
********@chadfordinsider
Virtually all of them RT @UT_Jazz_Nation: How many GMs are present?

serevei
05-24-2014, 12:16 AM
In regards to wiggins you simply need to ask yourself a very simple question:

Who was half court offense ability?

sdballer5588
05-24-2014, 12:21 AM
In regards to wiggins you simply need to ask yourself a very simple question:

Who was half court offense ability?

College is nothing like the NBA. The spacing in the NBA is literally day and night for someone like Wiggins. No one in the NCAA can shoot worth ****, so nobody ever comes out and plays good face up d, half the teams run zones.

Hoop_Dreams
05-24-2014, 12:25 AM
If his back checks out to be ok, CLE would be idiots to pass on Embiid just because Oden is fresh on everyone's minds.

sdballer5588
05-24-2014, 12:26 AM
If his back checks out to be ok, CLE would be idiots to pass on Embiid just because Oden is fresh on everyone's minds.

Did Odens body check out ok?

I feel like I'm watching a movie I've already seen.

serevei
05-24-2014, 12:26 AM
College is nothing like the NBA. The spacing in the NBA is literally day and night for someone like Wiggins. No one in the NCAA can shoot worth ****, so nobody ever comes out and plays good face up d, half the teams run zones.
He was literally the worst half court scorer on Kansas (rotation players only).

DaBest12
05-24-2014, 12:29 AM
All the scouts seem to be leaning towards Embiid, and he looks good, but health is always a question with the big guys. Wiggins is the highest potential imo, but also highest chance of busting. Pretty risky. Parker on the other hand is probably going to be a solid player but I question if he can ever actually be THE guy.

sdballer5588
05-24-2014, 12:30 AM
He was literally the worst half court scorer on Kansas (rotation players only).

He thrives on athleticism and lacks any real range game yet. The spacing in college hinders literally 75% of his game.

YEAH HE PROBABLY IS GOING TO LOOK BETTER IN THE NBA SPACING.

serevei
05-24-2014, 12:40 AM
He thrives on athleticism and lacks any real range game yet. The spacing in college hinders literally 75% of his game.

brb defenders will be better defenders
brb defenders will be more athletic
brb defenders will have superior defensive systems in place
brb wiggins still has below average handle
brb wiggins still has below average finishing ability in traffic

brb looking like harrison barnes with better defense (note harrison barnes stinks)
brb star % splits for wiggins are BUST:3% BENCH:48% STRT:24% STAR:25% (brb athleticism is the only thing giving him a chance)

ShweezyBTFO
05-24-2014, 12:48 AM
Wiggins is a bitch. He'll be a good defender and 2nd option..

so he's the next Kobe?

Spill512
05-24-2014, 01:13 AM
so he's the next Kobe?

Masochist of peace. ShweezyBDSM.

Doober4
05-24-2014, 01:18 AM
so he's the next Kobe?

I bet you snuck out of your bedroom just to post this.

khanvictt
05-24-2014, 01:47 AM
SD is on the money with this one

ne12o
05-24-2014, 01:55 AM
gonna watch this kid's career get recked for 6 years

CurryTech777
05-24-2014, 04:43 AM
lol @ drafting for need. you always pick the best player available

sources: teams picking ahead of jordan

serevei
05-24-2014, 05:11 AM

simply rofl if you think wiggins is the bpa....

krowbro
05-24-2014, 05:41 AM

hindsight on the jordan draft is dumb, hakeem is perfectly justifiable and is top 10 himself, and bowie didn't disclose his injury problems. jordan's problem out of college was that he was 'only' a scorer and could be controlled - which was the case for quite a few years.

embiid will be taken #1 and i don't think cavs (even though their ownership is dumb as ****e) would pass on him. his 'back problems' are overstated and are simply a smokescreen to allow discussion for the media.

further on that, wiggins is not the BPA. best athlete yes, best perimeter defender? probably. he's not a half court threat at this point and im starting to doubt he'll reach even paul george's offensive level. he will be a great player though, just not as good as embiid.

mlift11
05-24-2014, 06:51 AM

However who was the last big man drafted high that panned out AT ALL? Dwight? Davis is hardly a big man.

demarcus cousins.
and blake griffin if you count him as a big.

J1992
05-24-2014, 09:12 AM
You'd be a fool to pass on Embiid if his back clears. Dominant big men historically lead their teams to titles, look at the top 10-12 players of all time for an easy example.

Especially in today's league that is deprived of dominant centers(getting slowly better with the emergence of Drummond + Cousins improvement ). If Embiid is even 75% of Hakeem then you take him as that's enough to be a number 1 option on a contending team.

I'm not so sure Wiggins willl be anything more than a 2nd option on a title team imo.

ArthurAardvark
05-24-2014, 09:15 AM
simply rofl if you think wiggins is the bpa....

this. dead at ppl thinking wiggins has the most potential or is bpa.

it's easily embiid. only issue is the health, and if that checks out, you can take him going #1 to the bank

montecarlo
05-24-2014, 10:26 AM
im not taking someone whos only been playing basketball for 4 years. dont care how big or athletic. wiggins would be my only option for 1st.

ArthurAardvark
05-24-2014, 11:02 AM
im not taking someone whos only been playing basketball for 4 years. dont care how big or athletic. wiggins would be my only option for 1st.

how is that seen as a negative? that makes it awesome. the prospect of this guy with nba coaching.

you don't take guys this high based on what they are now. you base it off what you think they'll be in 3-4 years.

SighGR
05-24-2014, 11:04 AM

Fuking hilarious. All of a sudden 6'10 PF isn't a big man.

Blake panned out. Boogie, statistically. Jonas is panning out. Bogut is plagued by freak injuries. And none of them have the skillset, height, and agility Embiid has

isawthesign
05-24-2014, 11:07 AM
this is why basketball pros are the LEAST impressive of all sports including soccer.

brb being more 7'1" with a 7'8" wing span
brb "having post moves" aka being a foot taller than everyone else

sdballer5588
05-24-2014, 11:13 AM
demarcus cousins.
and blake griffin if you count him as a big.

Cousins went 5th. John Wall went 1st.

Blake is not a center.

Evan Turner Wesley Johnson and Derrick Favors all went before Cousins

Lol. Lol. Lol.

evansanity
05-24-2014, 11:16 AM
Reminds me of the 1992 draft when it was between Seattle was stuck on Drafting Thompson over Jordan....

sdballer5588
05-24-2014, 11:18 AM
Reminds me of the 1992 draft when it was between Seattle was stuck on Drafting Thompson over Jordan....

The old evansanity tried to stay somewhat accurate. Cmon man, you're better than this. This is clumsy trolling.

I can't believe 1992 was 42 years ago.

RoxasBrah
05-24-2014, 11:29 AM
this is why basketball pros are the LEAST impressive of all sports including soccer.

brb "having post moves" aka being a foot taller than everyone elsePlease tell me how good these players are:

Ronny Turiaf
Hasheem Thabeet
Robert Sacre

You don't know sh!t.

isawthesign
05-24-2014, 11:32 AM
Please tell me how good these players are:

Ronny Turiaf
Hasheem Thabeet
Robert Sacre

You don't know sh!t.

that doesnt mean anything. being 7'0" or heck even lebron size, gives u a leg up on the competition compared to someone 6'0" or smaller by 50,000% and im probably underestiimating that percentage

look at the number of sub 6'3" people in the population and number in the NBA, and cross check it with the number of 6'6" or bigger and number of players in the NBA

neighborr
05-24-2014, 11:33 AM
Would rather Embiid on my team over Wiggins any day

Blazing18
05-24-2014, 11:38 AM
As graceful as a gazelle running through the Serengeti

RoxasBrah
05-24-2014, 11:57 AM
that doesnt mean anything. being 7'0" or heck even lebron size, gives u a leg up on the competition compared to someone 6'0" or smaller by 50,000% and im probably underestiimating that percentage

look at the number of sub 6'3" people in the population and number in the NBA, and cross check it with the number of 6'6" or bigger and number of players in the NBAWhy does that matter?

Do we say the NFL is sh!t because Calvin Johnson is bigger than most corners and just dominates them? No.

6'7" is the average height of the NBA. If you can't overcome that disadvantage than you don't deserve to be in the NBA. Shorter guys have to be better at everything just to be competitive, that isn't the taller people's fault that is just how it is.

You act like all the major sports don't have taller people. Did you get cut by you school coach because you weren't tall enough to play ball or something?

isawthesign
05-24-2014, 12:36 PM
Why does that matter?

Do we say the NFL is sh!t because Calvin Johnson is bigger than most corners and just dominates them? No.

6'7" is the average height of the NBA. If you can't overcome that disadvantage than you don't deserve to be in the NBA. Shorter guys have to be better at everything just to be competitive, that isn't the taller people's fault that is just how it is.

You act like all the major sports don't have taller people. Did you get cut by you school coach because you weren't tall enough to play ball or something?

exactly, that's why said making in the nba is the LEAST impressive among the 5 major sports when you're someone like embied or shaq. you were born taller than every1 else, this isnt a skill or anything, and this overratedness of "post moves", you think a 6'2" guy with the same moves could actually pull off some sort aresnal of jump hooks and moves as someone the height of kareem? its not postmoves or anything. it's just being tall and opponents NOT being able to block your shots. once again, i said it's the LEAST impressive since a lot of it is dictated by how tall and long you are (more than any other sport). i didnt say anything else.

guys like nate robinson and ishaih thomas or even guys like tony parker and chris paul, people at home watching underestimate how good they really are and have to be to be in the NBA. unlike guys like joel embied, who only have to be 1/3 as skilled as those guys to make it in the NBA.

sdballer5588
05-24-2014, 12:39 PM
Why does that matter?

Lol, you can't just IGNORE that there pretty much is a height requirement on the NBA.

Which is why Iverson will always be my favorite player. Under 6 feet tall, scoring 27 points per game for his entire career. The level of skill and athleticism required at that height and wight is insanity.

Lol @ being impressed by someone who was born 7 feet tall, has a middle school level post game and makes it to the nba.

poker123
05-24-2014, 12:49 PM
Parker= not athletic enough.....=rudy gay

Wiggins. = max. T mac

Embiid = high risk. High reward, plus Cleveland needs a big man, kyrie needs the ball, cant have kyrie and wiggins/parker

Take embiid......wiggins aint ready

TexasMajor
05-24-2014, 12:50 PM
I hope he isn't a bust. The league needs more legit centers. Too many god damned guards.

ThaWorldIsYours
05-24-2014, 12:54 PM

Yeah more spacing = more room to operate, BUT he can't dribble and he can't finish in traffic lol. Also he's not a good shooter so defenders will have no reason to play up on him, allowing him to drive with his poor handle. His rookie year he'll get most of his points in transition. He's not a go-to scorer, his best quality right now is his defense.

Wiggins' floor is much lower than Embiid's, Wiggins could end up being like a rich man's Jeremy Evans if he busts, ceiling is T-Mac with better defense. Embiid's floor is basically Tyson Chandler with much better offense, ceiling would be a taller Hakeem. Even if Embiid "busts" he'll be a 15 year player and defensive anchor.

sdballer5588
05-24-2014, 12:57 PM
Yeah more spacing = more room to operate, BUT he can't dribble and he can't finish in traffic lol. Also he's not a good shooter so defenders will have no reason to play up on him, allowing him to drive with his poor handle.

Wiggins' floor is much lower than Embiid's, Wiggins could end up being like a rich man's Jeremy Evans if he busts, ceiling is T-Mac with better defense. Embiid's floor is basically Tyson Chandler with much better offense, ceiling would be a taller Hakeem. Even if Embiid "busts" he'll be a 15 year player and defensive anchor.

If you think Wiggins will have better defense than T-Mac, then you need to re read whatever wikipedia article you got your T-Mac insights from.

T-Mac entered the league as a defensive stopper. Wiggins ceiling is dramatically higher than Embiids, anyone saying otherwise has zero knowledge of 7 footers who do OKAY in college.

He's 7 feet tall. A gigantic advantage against the usually 6 8 centers of the NCAA. Now that he's facing other 7 footers? Let's see how much he does. I think Embiid is a good choice, but fkn lol @ saying his floor OR ceiling is higher than Wiggins.

You just make one terrible horrible analogy after another. A taller Hakeem? Jesus christ dude. Lay off the pipe.

MurkinSeason
05-24-2014, 01:00 PM
Stop hyping this guy up.
Get some offense around the rim then come talk to me

SubwaySub
05-24-2014, 01:12 PM
Nxt Oden and ****t

ArthurAardvark
05-24-2014, 01:24 PM
Lol, you can't just IGNORE that there pretty much is a height requirement on the NBA.

Which is why Iverson will always be my favorite player. Under 6 feet tall, scoring 27 points per game for his entire career. The level of skill and athleticism required at that height and wight is insanity.

Lol @ being impressed by someone who was born 7 feet tall, has a middle school level post game and makes it to the nba.

not sure if srs

you do realize he's not getting pimped because he's 7 ft right?

he's being pimped because he's 7-0 260 atm and runs like a gazelle and has pretty advanced post moves and he's only been playing 3 years.

literally every nba scout/GM/etc is on his dik, and you're acting like people are tards for having this guy #1.

and i'm a big fan of wiggins too

mlift11
05-24-2014, 01:28 PM
Cousins went 5th. John Wall went 1st.

Blake is not a center.

Evan Turner Wesley Johnson and Derrick Favors all went before Cousins

Lol. Lol. Lol.
You serious dude? Look at your post. You asked when a big man taken high has panned out well... Pick #5 isn't high? Really?

And you said big man, not center. I'm aware that Blake isn't a center.. Pretty knowledgable right?!

TaeBoNinja
05-24-2014, 01:32 PM
Lettuce beef cereal. Whoever drafts Exum will have the best player in the draft

Taebo's Draft ranking Top 7:

1) Exum
2) Gordon
3) Vonleh
4) Parker
5) Wiggins
6) Randle
7) Lavine

Embiid will be a bust

ThaWorldIsYours
05-24-2014, 01:43 PM
If you think Wiggins will have better defense than T-Mac, then you need to re read whatever wikipedia article you got your T-Mac insights from.

T-Mac entered the league as a defensive stopper. Wiggins ceiling is dramatically higher than Embiids, anyone saying otherwise has zero knowledge of 7 footers who do OKAY in college.

He's 7 feet tall. A gigantic advantage against the usually 6 8 centers of the NCAA. Now that he's facing other 7 footers? Let's see how much he does. I think Embiid is a good choice, but fkn lol @ saying his floor OR ceiling is higher than Wiggins.

You just make one terrible horrible analogy after another. A taller Hakeem? Jesus christ dude. Lay off the pipe.

Could you be any more kunty? Serious question.

I'm talking about absolute ceilings, if they reach 100% of their potential, you dumb fukk. Did I say he WAS going to be a better defender than T-Mac? Who, by the way, you are severely overrating on the defensive end... he stopped playing great defense once he became a #1 option and focused most of his energy on offense... and then he REALLY stopped playing good defense once he was chronically injured every season. Anyways, no, I said that's his ceiling, it's a possibility. And considering Wiggins has very little offensive skill right now other than "jump really high", and that spin move he likes to abuse, there's a distinct possibility his role in the NBA could end up being a defensive stopper and like a 3rd offensive option.

The only thing that having great athleticism usually guarantees for you in the NBA is that you should develop into a good defender eventually, as long as you don't have a potato b-ball IQ. That's it. People say Wiggins has a higher ceiling because of his athleticism, but athleticism guarantees very little in the NBA. Look at Gerald Green. He's like a solid 6th man on a middling non-contending western team. And that's only after taking forever to develop and spending years in Russia.

What exactly does Wiggins have going for him OTHER than athleticism? Because he hasn't demonstrated a lot of skill thus far. He doesn't have the vision or ball handling skills to be a primary playmaker. Doesn't have the shooting ability to space the floor. Just a super athletic wing who can dunk. We've seen a lot of those guys bust.

Embiid has demonstrated a preternatural shot blocking ability as well as a knack for scoring in the post using actual MOVES rather than just brute strength or athleticism, which is refreshing.

Krunk Fu
05-24-2014, 01:45 PM

Only way he busts is if he continues to be injury prone. I believe the Cavs should try and trade down a few spots for a first rounder next year and draft whoever falls to them: Wiggins, Parker, Exum, Smart, etc.

Questioning Embiid's talent level is probably the dumbest thing imaginable. For a 7 footer with that speed, size, and foot quickness.... rare. Don't even bring up a Oden vs. Embiid convo aside from the injury debate, Embiid is FAR more talented and has played basketball for not that long.

I know you'll com back with some cheeky kunt response, so don't bother bruh, we can just exchange reps :D

MurkinSeason
05-24-2014, 02:00 PM
Could you be any more kunty? Serious question.

I'm talking about absolute ceilings, if they reach 100% of their potential, you dumb fukk. Did I say he WAS going to be a better defender than T-Mac? Who, by the way, you are severely overrating on the defensive end... he stopped playing great defense once he became a #1 option and focused most of his energy on offense... and then he REALLY stopped playing good defense once he was chronically injured every season. Anyways, no, I said that's his ceiling, it's a possibility. And considering Wiggins has very little offensive skill right now other than "jump really high", and that spin move he likes to abuse, there's a distinct possibility his role in the NBA could end up being a defensive stopper and like a 3rd offensive option.

The only thing that having great athleticism usually guarantees for you in the NBA is that you should develop into a good defender eventually, as long as you don't have a potato b-ball IQ. That's it. People say Wiggins has a higher ceiling because of his athleticism, but athleticism guarantees very little in the NBA. Look at Gerald Green. He's like a solid 6th man on a middling non-contending western team. And that's only after taking forever to develop and spending years in Russia.

What exactly does Wiggins have going for him OTHER than athleticism? Because he hasn't demonstrated a lot of skill thus far. He doesn't have the vision or ball handling skills to be a primary playmaker. Doesn't have the shooting ability to space the floor. Just a super athletic wing who can dunk. We've seen a lot of those guys bust.

Embiid has demonstrated a preternatural shot blocking ability as well as a knack for scoring in the post using actual MOVES rather than just brute strength or athleticism, which is refreshing.

That guy will twist anything you say and put words in your mouth to try and gain an advantage on a forum board lol. He literally has no idea what he's talking about half of the time. No one likes a dumb smart guy

I wouldn't even pay any attention

ThaWorldIsYours
05-24-2014, 02:01 PM
That guy will twist anything you say and put words in your mouth to try and gain an advantage on a forum board lol. He literally has no idea what he's talking about half of the time. No one likes a dumb smart guy

I wouldn't even pay any attention

Yeah I'm familiar. Usually starts with him calling everybody "retarded" if they don't agree with his opinion. Some sort of statement of

"this is what I believe. ANYONE who thinks otherwise OBVIOUSLY doesn't know what they're talking about."

MurkinSeason
05-24-2014, 02:05 PM
Yeah I'm familiar. Usually starts with him calling everybody "retarded" if they don't agree with his opinion. Some sort of statement of

"this is what I believe. ANYONE who thinks otherwise OBVIOUSLY doesn't know what they're talking about."

Definitely not someone I could hang out with in person for more than 5 minutes.

ArthurAardvark
05-24-2014, 02:30 PM

1) Exum
2) Gordon
3) Vonleh
4) Parker
5) Wiggins
6) Randle
7) Lavine

Embiid will be a bust

how the fuq is aaron gordon the 2nd best prospect in this draft? literally 0 offensive game and prolly never will.

anyone who doesn't have a healthy embiid #1 i have a tough time taking seriously

serevei
05-24-2014, 03:44 PM

luoled at embiid having an okay college season.... his closest statistical comparison for the year (i.e. most similar box score + physical attributes added in) was ewing in 1985. (and that is ewing's senior year )

serevei
05-24-2014, 06:51 PM
in for response

YellowOnYellow
05-24-2014, 07:01 PM

1) Exum
2) Gordon
3) Vonleh
4) Parker
5) Wiggins
6) Randle
7) Lavine

Embiid will be a bust

Gordon...a skinny version of blake griffin.

Video showed me nothing. No contact. All dunks...

ShweezyBTFO
05-24-2014, 07:07 PM

Lol @ acting like everyone in the NBA isn't skilled as fuk. I don't care how tall you are, if you play in the NBA you're skilled as fuk because basketball is the most skill-dependent sport out there.

Jamielak
05-24-2014, 08:02 PM

brb "having post moves" aka being a foot taller than everyone else

never played basketball crew

YellowOnYellow
05-24-2014, 08:24 PM
Lol @ acting like everyone in the NBA isn't skilled as fuk. I don't care how tall you are, if you play in the NBA you're skilled as fuk because basketball is the most skill-dependent sport out there.

outside of golf, baseball, nascar, the spelling bee, and poker.

ShweezyBTFO
05-24-2014, 09:13 PM

do you even sports misc? basketball requires the most skill like EVER. to say otherwise is to be anti-sports misc AKA gtfo our board.

Theoneforme
05-24-2014, 09:23 PM
Best player in the draft by far

srom12
05-24-2014, 09:26 PM

nascar

nascar

sdballer5588
05-24-2014, 09:31 PM
You serious dude? Look at your post. You asked when a big man taken high has panned out well... Pick #5 isn't high? Really?

And you said big man, not center. I'm aware that Blake isn't a center.. Pretty knowledgable right?!

#1 overall and 5 are not even CLOSE to the same. You not realizing that says way more about you than it does about anything else dude.

You also TOTALLY IGNORED the 3 TOTAL BUMS that went before Cousins.

krowbro
05-24-2014, 09:33 PM
Parker= not athletic enough.....=rudy gay

Wiggins. = max. T mac

Embiid = high risk. High reward, plus Cleveland needs a big man, kyrie needs the ball, cant have kyrie and wiggins/parker

Take embiid......wiggins aint ready

what the **** have you ever watched nba? rudy gay is hyper athletic and is a great wiggins comparison, god awful parker comparison.

and wiggins isn't ready then saying hes max tmac (which is an excellent player), lol.

sdballer5588
05-24-2014, 09:34 PM

The fact that you're talking yourself into agreeing with MurkinSeason says that this conversation is not worth having. Talk about irony here with twisting words. Lol you made awful, god awful analogies backed them up with nothing, and then rambled for 3 paragraphs about garbage.

Your argument about Wiggins works against Embiid. What the **** does Embid have outside of being 7 feet tall? Wow you mean to tell me a 7 footer who is super thin relies on finesse? Unbelievable!

I look forward to you saying "I was wrong" 3 years from now. As always.

MurkinSeason
05-24-2014, 09:35 PM
The fact that you're talking yourself into agreeing with MurkinSeason says that this conversation is not worth having. Talk about irony here with twisting words. Lol you made awful, god awful analogies backed them up with nothing, and then rambled for 3 paragraphs about garbage.

Your argument about Wiggins works against Embiid. What the **** does Embid have outside of being 7 feet tall? Wow you mean to tell me a 7 footer who is super thin relies on finesse? Unbelievable!

Tell me more about how mad you are

You see what I did there? ;)

ShweezyBTFO
05-24-2014, 09:42 PM
Tell me more about how mad you are

Just because you say some things that are right does not mean you are the right person to be saying them. No one takes a raging alcoholic seriously.

krowbro
05-24-2014, 09:44 PM

Turner was considered a top prospect out of college. Favors is a big man himself and didn't come with the excess luggage which Cousins had at the time (bad attitude and reputation); he also hasn't been a total flop. Wesley Johnson is because of Minnesota, enough said about them. They have the worst drafting process of any team, and also already had 2 young big centers they were 'grooming' (Pekovic and Koufos) as well as an strong offensive player in K Love; they had no need for an offensive center in Cousins.

MurkinSeason
05-24-2014, 09:46 PM
Just because you say some things that are right does not mean you are the right person to be saying them. No one takes a raging alcoholic seriously.

But if I'm saying them right than how am I not the right person to be saying the right things when I am saying those right things?

4 months sober. Feelsgoodman

mlift11
05-24-2014, 09:46 PM
#1 overall and 5 are not even CLOSE to the same. You not realizing that says way more about you than it does about anything else dude.

Pick 5 = picked high. I don't think that's really debatable.

And you're going to decide how high someone was picked by how well the players before them turned out?

sdballer5588
05-24-2014, 09:52 PM
Pick 5 = picked high. I don't think that's really debatable.

And you're going to decide how high someone was picked by how well the players before them turned out?

I was pretty clearly implying NUMBER ONE OVERALL picks. Who cares if a #5 pick busts? He was the FIFTH pick.

MurkinSeason
05-24-2014, 09:54 PM
I was pretty clearly implying NUMBER ONE OVERALL picks. Who cares if a #5 pick busts? He was the FIFTH pick.

Did I miss the memo that the 5th pick is bad?

ShweezyBTFO
05-24-2014, 10:00 PM
Did I miss the memo that the 5th pick is bad?

A-Rod hit 0.071 in the 2006 postseason. Strong retard.

MurkinSeason
05-24-2014, 10:12 PM
A-Rod hit 0.071 in the 2006 postseason. Strong retard.

I was twisting and putting words in his mouth my fault

ShweezyBTFO
05-24-2014, 10:18 PM
I was twisting and putting words in his mouth my fault

Maybe try citing your sources and/or learning how to use MATLAB.

MurkinSeason
05-24-2014, 10:22 PM
Maybe try citing your sources and/or learning how to use MATLAB.

I'm just a young man living the American dream when would I ever find use/time for that

sdballer5588
05-24-2014, 10:24 PM
Alcoholism: The American Dream

serevei
05-24-2014, 10:26 PM

luoled at embiid having an okay college season.... his closest statistical comparison for the year (i.e. most similar box score + physical attributes added in) was ewing in 1985. (and that is ewing's senior year )

pls respond.

MurkinSeason
05-24-2014, 10:27 PM

Work hard to take care of my family : The American Dream

ShweezyBTFO
05-24-2014, 10:29 PM

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/assets/3168881/arod-pose.gif

Work hard to take care of my family : The American Dream

Not even getting paid to make countless threads about the pathetic Cowboys and irrelevant Magic: The American Dream

sdballer5588
05-24-2014, 10:34 PM
pls respond.

Embiid 11 8 1 and 2.6 blocks per game?

Wow. Incredible.

MurkinSeason
05-24-2014, 10:35 PM
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/assets/3168881/arod-pose.gif

Not even getting paid to make countless threads about the pathetic Cowboys and irrelevant Magic: The American Dream

Remember that one time you said you had no responsibilities so all you do is bet all day. Lol I can't believe you said that

ShweezyBTFO
05-24-2014, 10:38 PM
Remember that one time you said you had no responsibilities so all you do is bet all day. Lol I can't believe you said that

Source? Or are you drunk posting random nonsense?

serevei
05-24-2014, 10:40 PM

Wow. Incredible.
Embiids closest statistical comparisons: 85 Ewing, Sheldon williams, Dampier, Hakeem, Barkley
Wiggins closest statistical comparisons: julius hodge, lawrence moten, Quincy Miller, Alec Burks, Tobias Harris

Embiid Star % splits: Bust:2%, Bench: 3%, Starter:58%, Star:38%
Wiggins Star % splits: Bust:3%, Bench: 48%, Starter: 24%, Star: 25%

sdballer5588
05-24-2014, 10:42 PM
Embiids closest statistical comparisons: 85 Ewing, Sheldon williams, Dampier, Hakeem, Barkley
Wiggins closest statistical comparisons: julius hodge, lawrence moten, Quincy Miller, Alec Burks, Tobias Harris

Embiid Star % splits: Bust:2%, Bench: 3%, Starter:58%, Star:38%
Wiggins Star % splits: Bust:3%, Bench: 48%, Starter: 24%, Star: 25%

Sheldon Williams

Rofl

MurkinSeason
05-24-2014, 10:43 PM
Source? Or are you drunk posting random nonsense?

I don't care that much

serevei
05-24-2014, 10:43 PM

Wow. Incredible.
23 minutes per game.

serevei
05-24-2014, 10:46 PM
Sheldon Williams

Rofl
He put up 19 10 and 3.8 blocks (senior year which is what the comparison is for)... nothing to sneeze at, just not great cause he was old... to put up those kind of numbers up as a freshman though ...lawdy

One could easily argue that Embiid put up better stats as a freshman as Ewing did as a senior (dead srs)

sdballer5588
05-24-2014, 10:48 PM
23 minutes per game.

College. 2nd ebst player on his own team.

Rofl.

serevei
05-24-2014, 10:51 PM
College. 2nd ebst player on his own team.

Rofl.
literally no measure puts wiggins above embiid for this college year.... eyetest included.

MurkinSeason
05-24-2014, 10:52 PM
literally no measure puts wiggins above embiid .... eyetest included.

sdballer thinks he's a professional scouter. Don't mind him

sdballer5588
05-24-2014, 10:54 PM
Dude is literally quoting comical draft analysis and is also showing taht statistically, Shelden Williams was a far better prospect.

L o ****ing l.

05-24-2014, 10:54 PM
Spending hours arguing about who they think will be the best/bust.

Gohdayum.

notWilliam
05-24-2014, 10:56 PM
quote from Chad Ford:
"If I was a sports columnist, I'd take Durant too. If I'm wrong, and Greg Oden is Tim Duncan, I crack a joke about it and move on. If Kevin Pritchard is wrong, he's selling programs for the ABA Kansas City Knights."
talking about when Portland drafted Oden.

Sure, its easy to bash Embiid and go with another player as the #1 pick, but realistically speaking none of us have jobs on the line like the GMs do. It'd be hard for a GM to go against conventional wisdom and pick a wing player over a potentially franchise altering big man, especially with the lack of success the Cavs have experienced post-LeBron. They're in a rush to win with the Deng and Hawes trade speaking for themselves.
Embiid's length, quickness & footwork point to an Ibaka comp. and he's even showcasing a reliable 15 footer in practices. The improvement since the beginning of his Kansas season has been noticeable, even to common bball fans like me. We need to remember that for every Oden, there is an Olajuwon. Quote by scout: " He has legitimate size. Great hands and feet. He will block shots immediately. He doesn’t understand positioning yet, but he is further along offensively than Olajuwon was at the same stage, and he’s bigger than Hakeem."

I was a pro-Wiggins guy throughout the season, but when you have so many high-upside candidates, you have to start nit picking. AT WORST, he's a superb defensive guy who can lock down 1-3. At this point in time though, he doesn't have a go to move, his dribbling is mediocre at best considering he has a high dribble and can only go right, and his jumper is inconsistent. It would suck to see him go somewhere and doesn't develop correctly b/c hes forced to score, leading to terrible shot selection and wild drives.

serevei
05-24-2014, 10:57 PM
Dude is literally quoting comical draft analysis and is also showing taht statistically, Shelden Williams was a far better prospect.
L o ****ing l.
u wot mate?

Shelden williams senior season = Embiids freshman season i.e. 23 year old vs 19 year old

the comparison also obviously puts embiid as a "rich man's" shelden williams statistically..... and this is at 19

sdballer5588
05-24-2014, 10:59 PM
u wot mate?

Shelden williams senior season = Embiids freshman season i.e. 23 year old vs 19 year old

the comparison also obviously puts embiid as a "rich man's" shelden williams statistically..... and this is at 19

Rich mans Shelden Williams

Do you always **** on your own thoughts?

serevei
05-24-2014, 11:01 PM
Rich mans Shelden Williams

Do you always **** on your own thoughts?

for someone named sdboxscore you really dont have a good understanding of the correlation for stats for college to nba do you?

To put it simply shelden williams stats at 23 = not impressive... shelden williams 23 year old stats at 19=impressive..

not to mention embiids closest stat comparison is senior year ewing not williams.

sdballer5588
05-24-2014, 11:02 PM
for someone named sdboxscore you really dont have a good understanding of the correlation for stats for college to nba do you?

To put it simply shelden williams stats at 23 = not impressive... shelden williams 23 year old stats at 19=impressive..

not to mention embiids closest stat comparison is senior year ewing

Lol dude.... stop talking. Dear god.

ThaWorldIsYours
05-24-2014, 11:04 PM

I look forward to you saying "I was wrong" 3 years from now. As always.

I'm not talking my self into anything, I've observed and replied to your posts for years now. Sometimes we are on the same side (LeBron threads) and other times we aren't (this thread... or any time you mention Eminem as the GOAT... in which case I won't even post in that thread out of sheer principle lol) but the one constant thing is you throwing out ad hominems, calling people retarded and declaring your opinion as the word of God, shutting down any avenue for actual conversation and turning every post into a dick measuring contest. Your main goal seems to be out-arguing everybody, not to prove that your point was right, but that you're a better arguer.

As for my analogies, I'm not the first nor the last person to compare Embiid's ceiling to Hakeem, and I doubt I'm even the first person to compare Wiggins' floor to a better Jeremy Evans or Gerald Green who I also mentioned.

3 paragraphs about garbage? I think you're referring to me addressing your overhyping of Wiggins based off athleticism. Everything I said was valid. How many hyperathletic wings have we seen bust or at the least, disappoint, when they got to the NBA and we all realized they can't do anything else other than "be athletic."

What does Embiid have going for him besides height? A lot of things. Post moves, touch around the basket, a 15 footer, great defense, and the fact that he's been playing basketball probably less than 1/3rd as long as Wiggins and he's already better than him. You conveniently didn't answer any of my alleged weaknesses in Wiggins' game or the direct question about what he has going for him other than athleticism, but instead directed it back to me, that was a nice avoidance tactic.

serevei
Lol dude.... stop talking. Dear god.
:ahh:

MurkinSeason
^ andddddd the defense mechanisms begin.

sdballer5588
05-24-2014, 11:09 PM
I'm not talking my self into anything, I've observed and replied to your posts for years now. Sometimes we are on the same side (LeBron threads) and other times we aren't (this thread... or any time you mention Eminem as the GOAT... in which case I won't even post in that thread out of sheer principle lol) but the one constant thing is you throwing out ad hominems, calling people retarded and declaring your opinion as the word of God, shutting down any avenue for actual conversation and turning every post into a dick measuring contest. Your main goal seems to be out-arguing everybody, not to prove that your point was right, but that you're a better arguer.

As for my analogies, I'm not the first nor the last person to compare Embiid's ceiling to Hakeem, and I doubt I'm even the first person to compare Wiggins' floor to a better Jeremy Evans or Gerald Green who I also mentioned.

3 paragraphs about garbage? I think you're referring to me addressing your overhyping of Wiggins based off athleticism. Everything I said was valid. How many hyperathletic wings have we seen bust or at the least, disappoint, when they got to the NBA and we all realized they can't do anything else other than "be athletic."

What does Embiid have going for him besides height? A lot of things. Post moves, touch around the basket, a 15 footer, great defense, and the fact that he's been playing basketball probably less than 1/3rd as long as Wiggins and he's already better than him. You conveniently didn't answer any of my alleged weaknesses in Wiggins' game or the direct question about what he has going for him other than athleticism, but instead directed it back to me, that was a nice avoidance tactic.

I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong.

Lol @ how intimidated you are. Your responses reek of someone intellectually outmatched. Keep these dissertations about nothing to yourself.

Lunatic
05-24-2014, 11:10 PM
Not 1 single "crazy" dunk was seen in that video. Lol at him not needing to really jump to do some of those amazing, crazy dunks.

sdballer5588
05-24-2014, 11:12 PM
Btw, fkn lol. Who the hell has overrated wiggins.

He's better than Embiid right now. Calm down bro.

ThaWorldIsYours
05-24-2014, 11:26 PM
I have nothing to say, so I'll respond with a witty insult directed towards you, therefore "winning."

Fixed.

Also lol @ you projecting your own problems onto me. Yes, I'm intimidated of a wigger with 23,000 posts on an internet forum. If I call you a phaggot and a retard a bunch will I seem tougher and less intimidated?

You still haven't been able to give an answer to the very reasonable question "what does Wiggins have going for him other than athleticism." And I'm sure in your next response you won't buck the trend.

serevei
05-24-2014, 11:26 PM

He's better than Embiid right now. Calm down bro.
just the casual fanbase... anyone who knows anything about college => pro translation is under the impression that embiid is superior prospect/player than wiggins (with assumption that his back checks out seeing as we dont get to see his xrays/MRIs)

MurkinSeason
05-24-2014, 11:27 PM
5 star threads are fun thanks OP

sdballer5588
05-24-2014, 11:30 PM
Fixed.

Also lol @ you projecting your own problems onto me. Yes, I'm intimidated of a wigger with 23,000 posts on an internet forum. If I call you a phaggot and a retard a bunch will I seem tougher and less intimidated?

You still haven't been able to give an answer to the very reasonable question "what does Wiggins have going for him other than athleticism." And I'm sure in your next response you won't buck the trend.

You alter my quote and make a comment about nonsensical insults? Talk about ad hominem, and call me a wigger. This is hilarious lol

Wow. That is rich.

just the casual fanbase... anyone who knows anything about college => pro translation is under the impression that embiid is superior prospect/player than wiggins (with assumption that his back checks out seeing as we dont get to see his xrays/MRIs)

So the casuals are stupid so somehow that means I am overrating wiggins? Lol

Embiid will more than likely be nothing special. Wiggins will guaranteed at least be an okay NBA player.

ArthurAardvark
05-24-2014, 11:30 PM
using college stats to evaluate draft prospects

college stats

phukkin lost it

MurkinSeason
05-24-2014, 11:31 PM

college stats

phukkin lost it

Lol little boys game

ShweezyBTFO
05-24-2014, 11:33 PM

l-9pGIDsyvs

I got nothing. RIP Eminem

serevei
05-24-2014, 11:34 PM

college stats

phukkin lost it

VJL's statistical draft model based off college stats, strength of schedule and physical attributes has been proven to be more successful than "NBA GM's" draft order over the past 25 odd years... to say that they arent an incredible useful role in evaluating prospects is simply laughable

ThaWorldIsYours
05-24-2014, 11:41 PM
You alter my quote and make a comment about nonsensical insults? Talk about ad hominem, and call me a wigger. This is hilarious lol

Wow. That is rich.

You made it pretty clear you weren't interested in having a discussion about Embiid/Wiggins, so I figured "fukk it, why not."

Truthfully, I realized this was my one shot to go at The Baller. And I thought "you only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow, this opportunity comes once in a life time, spaghetti spaghetti spaghetti"

sdballer5588
05-24-2014, 11:43 PM
You made it pretty clear you weren't interested in having a discussion about Embiid/Wiggins, so I figured "fukk it, why not."

Truthfully, I realized I was in way over my head, and I'm not very funny.

Fixed.

ShweezyBTFO
05-24-2014, 11:45 PM

Truthfully, I realized this was my one shot to go at The Baller. And I thought "you only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow, this opportunity comes once in a life time, spaghetti spaghetti spaghetti"

ballers hate him

ThaWorldIsYours
05-24-2014, 11:48 PM

You conveniently didn't answer any of my alleged weaknesses in Wiggins' game or the direct question about what he has going for him other than athleticism, but instead directed it back to me, that was a nice avoidance tactic.

http://d2tq98mqfjyz2l.cloudfront.net/image_cache/1261174581927448.jpeg

ShweezyBTFO
05-24-2014, 11:51 PM
http://d2tq98mqfjyz2l.cloudfront.net/image_cache/1261174581927448.jpeg

Strong retard. A-Rod hit 0.071 in the 2006 playoffs. How do you not know this?

serevei
05-24-2014, 11:52 PM
So the casuals are stupid so somehow that means I am overrating wiggins? Lol

Embiid will more than likely be nothing special. Wiggins will guaranteed at least be an okay NBA player.
Having the opinion that Wiggins > Embiid in terms of BPA regardless of health essentially solidifies that you have a "casual fan level of knowledge" on this topic

Lunatic
05-24-2014, 11:52 PM

Truthfully, I realized this was my one shot to go at The Baller. And I thought "you only get one shot, do not miss your chance to blow, this opportunity comes once in a life time, spaghetti spaghetti spaghetti"d3HErOOaAfs

sdballer5588
05-24-2014, 11:53 PM
Having the opinion that Wiggins > Embiid in terms of BPA regardless of health essentially solidifies that you have a "casual fan level of knowledge" on this topic

Lol so to sum up

I'm an idiot for thinking I'm always right in my opinions.

You think you are right on your opinion therefore I am wrong.

Flawless.

serevei
05-24-2014, 11:56 PM
Lol so to sum up

Flawless.
again, u wot mate?

All I'm saying is its clear if you have that opinion its clear you haven't looked at or have no knowledge of the draft projection models available... thus placing you in the casual fan level of knowledge group (i.e. information solely from chad, givony and eye test)

sdballer5588
05-24-2014, 11:57 PM
again, u wot mate?

All I'm saying is its clear if you have that opinion its clear you haven't looked at or have no knowledge of the draft projection models available... thus placing you in the casual fan level of knowledge group (i.e. information solely from chad, givony and eye test)

Lol, you literally said what I said again, with different words.

Rofl. The eye test on a college player. I lol'd

Spill512
05-25-2014, 12:03 AM

Classic sdboxscore.

Just want to take an intermission from the pummeling of sdballer to say hi to the future since this thread will inevitably get bumped in 2 years to call sdballer an idiot.

Hi future. This is past.

ShweezyBTFO
05-25-2014, 12:05 AM
Lol so to sum up

Flawless.

brah casuals can be right too. How do you think the public wins some of these NFL games? Like all those guys who took Seahawks -24.....

serevei
05-25-2014, 12:05 AM
Lol, you literally said what I said again, with different words.

again u wot mate?

regardless I'll just be a top bloke and link you to VJL's model (probably the best draft model freely available)

Rankings/Comps etc: http://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aipd_3kGfREgdHRtcThFd3ZtMlRPYldIRmdGb241R lE&usp=drive_web#gid=5

Retrodictions: http://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aipd_3kGfREgdHRtcThFd3ZtMlRPYldIRmdGb241R lE&usp=drive_web#gid=10

His explanation of the model: http://www.canishoopus.com/2013/5/13/4326230/nba-draft-projection-model-explanation-and-retrodictions-1982-to-2012

Proof that his model is superior to draft order as i claimed before(note he doesnt have international players/straight from highschool in his data, while the draft order keeps them in (obviously) meaning his superiority for drafting ncaa players is probably even greater)

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BlM2yviCAAAoh-h.png
Please educate yourself.

(yes I understand this post is probably to strong for the sports misc)

(sidenote:To be honest I'm really intrigued what you think the eye test is luol)

sdballer5588
05-25-2014, 12:06 AM
brah casuals can be right too. How do you think the public wins some of these NFL games? Like all those guys who took Seahawks -24.....

http://bookriotcom.c.presscdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/why.gif

srom12
05-25-2014, 12:07 AM
Fixed.

Ums76_OMcGo

ShweezyBTFO
05-25-2014, 12:11 AM
http://bookriotcom.c.presscdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/why.gif

http://oi59.tinypic.com/21o752.jpg

RoxasBrah
05-25-2014, 01:10 AM

He's better than Embiid right now. Calm down bro.LOL.

No.

AlaskanMuscle
05-25-2014, 10:11 AM

This is the worst post I've seen on the sports misc, ever.
Nothing special = okay nba player. So now that nobody agrees with you, you change your mind and say they'll both be average? Lol they'll more than likely both be better than the average NBA player

But rep me when Embiid has a an above average rookie season.

sdballer5588
05-25-2014, 11:10 AM
This is the worst post I've seen on the sports misc, ever.
Nothing special = okay nba player. So now that nobody agrees with you, you change your mind and say they'll both be average? Lol they'll more than likely both be better than the average NBA player

But rep me when Embiid has a an above average rookie season.

Lol what? Congratulations on reading precisely nothing and just making your own conclusion. Seems to be the theme here.

melanimal_old
05-25-2014, 11:12 AM
I dont watch basketball but doesnt this guy look like Kyle from Southpark when he gets plastic surgery to become a black man and then his knees explode? I see this happening.

ThaWorldIsYours
05-25-2014, 11:13 AM
I dont watch basketball but doesnt this guy look like Kyle from Southpark when he gets plastic surgery to become a black man and then his knees explode? I see this happening.

I don't think Embiid has Mr. Garrison's testicles for knees, so I don't think his knees will explode, but you never know.

sdballer5588
05-25-2014, 11:21 AM
My favorite part of all this? Going into the season no one even knew who the fck Embiid was. I also love that somehow the fact that he just started playing basketball recently is a plus.

rofl. Cuz if watching millionaire big men suck at basic fundamentals has taught us one thing, it's that they have great work ethics and constantly tweak their games to fix weaknesses.

RoxasBrah
05-25-2014, 11:21 AM
SDBaller getting ethered hard in this thread.

If you don't much about the College Prospects there is no need to act like you do. Strong insecurity.

sdballer5588
05-25-2014, 11:22 AM
SDBaller getting ethered hard in this thread.

If you don't much about the College Prospects there is no need to act like you do. Strong insecurity.

It's like you pull random comments out of a hat, regardless of how well they fit the current situation. I'm a big target. Shouldn't throw rocks at the throne though.

MurkinSeason
05-25-2014, 11:24 AM
My favorite part of all this? Going into the season no one even knew who the fck Embiid was. I also love that somehow the fact that he just started playing basketball recently is a plus.

rofl. Cuz if watching millionaire big men suck at basic fundamentals has taught us one thing, it's that they have great work ethics and constantly tweak their games to fix weaknesses.

I'm amazed you guys are sitting here talking about players who haven't even been drafted yet

As well as acting like you know how their careers are going to go. Lol

sdballer5588
05-25-2014, 11:25 AM
I'm amazed you guys are sitting here talking about players who haven't even been drafted yet

I'm way more amazed that 100% of your comments have been about people on an online forum you don't know at all, yet can't stop discussing. Everywhere.

At least we're discussing an actual sport. You spend 99% of your time on here quoting Future, Shweezy or myself in some weird attempt at attention.

MurkinSeason
05-25-2014, 11:31 AM
I'm way more amazed that 100% of your comments have been about people on an online forum you don't know at all, yet can't stop discussing. Everywhere.

At least we're discussing an actual sport. You spend 99% of your time on here quoting Future, Shweezy or myself in some weird attempt at attention.

I'm amazed you pay so much attention and think there's some kind of purpose behind all of that other than just messing around. Lol

It's not your fault your parents are divorced man.

I'll talk sports all day with you if you want. However I'm not gonna argue about players who haven't even played 1 game of their professional careers yet. Pretty silly don't you think

sdballer5588
05-25-2014, 11:33 AM
I'm amazed you pay so much attention and think there's some kind of purpose behind all of that other than just messing around. Lol

It's not your fault your parents are divorced man.

I'll talk sports all day with you if you want. However I'm not gonna argue about players who haven't even played 1 game of their professional careers yet. Pretty silly don't you think

Haha whoah what? My parents are very happily married bruh. How else could I dunk in this mansions driveway?

You realize 90% of my point is that nearly ALL top picks turn out to be busts for what was expected of them. Meaning that satistically speaking, I have about an 85% chance of being right, yet I am being vehemently argued against, because my username says "sdballer5588"

If I could change my username for a week, I would be the smartest poster on here. Trouble is that most people just instantly look at my name and don't read what I said rofl.

J.O.S.E.

MurkinSeason
05-25-2014, 11:37 AM
Haha whoah what? My parents are very happily married bruh. How else could I dunk in this mansions driveway?

You realize 90% of my point is that nearly ALL top picks turn out to be busts for what was expected of them. Meaning that satistically speaking, I have about an 85% chance of being right, yet I am being vehemently argued against, because my username says "sdballer5588"

If I could change my username for a week, I would be the smartest poster on here. Trouble is that most people just instantly look at my name and don't read what I said rofl.

J.O.S.E.

I think this has a reason to do with why people argue with you so much. Lol spoiled ass kid who thinks he's better than everyone else.

I do find it amusing how you don't watch games but you will read about them later and than act like you know what you're talking about lol

sdballer5588
05-25-2014, 11:38 AM
I think this has a reason to do with why people argue with you so much. Lol spoiled ass kid who thinks he's better than everyone else.

I do find it amusing how you don't watch games but you will read about them later and than act like you know what you're talking about lol

Lol says that I'm hated for stereotypical perceptions and jealousy.

Adds another made up stereotype to his own post rofl. Classic sports misc.

The problem is I AM better than you. That just kills you. It's okay, numb the pain.

Ui86peQZ74s

MurkinSeason
05-25-2014, 11:43 AM
Lol says that I'm hated for stereotypical perceptions and jealousy.

Adds another made up stereotype to his own post rofl. Classic sports misc.

The problem is I AM better than you. That just kills you. It's okay, numb the pain.

Ui86peQZ74s

These stereotypes accurately reflect reality.

Gotta have a big head to make up for that baby dick. I understand brah it's all good lol

Lunatic
05-25-2014, 11:45 AM
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/popcorn_2.gif

sdballer5588
05-25-2014, 11:48 AM
These stereotypes accurately reflect reality.

Gotta have a big head to make up for that baby dick. I understand brah it's all good lol

So your parents are divorced.

You're poor.

You have a tiny dick.

anything else you want to make awkwardly obvious?

1harud1
05-25-2014, 11:49 AM
dont understand hakeem comparisons

khanvictt
05-25-2014, 11:50 AM
I also love that somehow the fact that he just started playing basketball recently is a plus.

lol i honestly have no idea why these g00ns think this is a positive somehow...

MurkinSeason
05-25-2014, 11:51 AM
So your parents are divorced.

You're poor.

You have a tiny dick.

anything else you want to make awkwardly obvious?

Not as obvious as this defense mechanism lol

You gonna let a man who graduated from a public school punk you out like this

That's not your style brah

Doober4
05-25-2014, 11:56 AM
So much hatred it really pains me to see two sports miscers engaged in such a vile argument.

serevei
05-25-2014, 02:26 PM
again u wot mate?

regardless I'll just be a top bloke and link you to VJL's model (probably the best draft model freely available)

Rankings/Comps etc: http://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aipd_3kGfREgdHRtcThFd3ZtMlRPYldIRmdGb241R lE&usp=drive_web#gid=5

Retrodictions: http://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aipd_3kGfREgdHRtcThFd3ZtMlRPYldIRmdGb241R lE&usp=drive_web#gid=10

His explanation of the model: http://www.canishoopus.com/2013/5/13/4326230/nba-draft-projection-model-explanation-and-retrodictions-1982-to-2012

Proof that his model is superior to draft order as i claimed before(note he doesnt have international players/straight from highschool in his data, while the draft order keeps them in (obviously) meaning his superiority for drafting ncaa players is probably even greater)

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BlM2yviCAAAoh-h.png
Please educate yourself.

(yes I understand this post is probably to strong for the sports misc)

(sidenote:To be honest I'm really intrigued what you think the eye test is luol)

In for explanation of eye test and comments on the goat model

RoxasBrah
05-25-2014, 02:29 PM
SDBoxscore being destroyed for not knowing chit again. Now he is reverting to defense mechanisms.

The moment you said Wiggins was better than Embiid right now showed much you actually knew about these prospects.

Maybe you should watch games.

Lunatic
05-25-2014, 02:58 PM
lol i honestly have no idea why these g00ns think this is a positive somehow...Serious?? Someone that's really good at a sport when they just start it usually indicates that they have plenty room to get much, much better.

melanimal_old
05-25-2014, 03:14 PM
http://oi59.tinypic.com/21o752.jpg

yo schweez who is that? I enjoy her bone structure

sircharles032
05-25-2014, 03:23 PM

That feel when Bobcats fan and as an expansion team your franchise becomes built around Okafor instead of Dwight because of a fukking ping pong ball.

I agree with you that the NBA style favors Wiggins but he needs A LOT of work. He'll be a great transition athlete right off the bat but he's a guy that lacks handle, lacks a shot, and is very right hand dominant. Granted most of those things are teachable, but he still has a ton of question marks. Granted that athleticism and size are the two things that are not teachable, so you may be right.

I personally like Parker over Wiggins but overall Wiggins probably has the higher ceiling I will concede. Just hope that he puts the time in and doesn't become the next Darius Miles.

sircharles032
05-25-2014, 03:30 PM

The spin is that he's barely been coached and is already this good. How's that hard to understand?

lol i honestly have no idea why these g00ns think this is a positive somehow...

sdballer5588
05-25-2014, 03:43 PM
That feel when Bobcats fan and as an expansion team your franchise becomes built around Okafor instead of Dwight because of a fukking ping pong ball.

I agree with you that the NBA style favors Wiggins but he needs A LOT of work. He'll be a great transition athlete right off the bat but he's a guy that lacks handle, lacks a shot, and is very right hand dominant. Granted most of those things are teachable, but he still has a ton of question marks. Granted that athleticism and size are the two things that are not teachable, so you may be right.

I personally like Parker over Wiggins but overall Wiggins probably has the higher ceiling I will concede. Just hope that he puts the time in and doesn't become the next Darius Miles.

So Wiggins needs a lot of work. Yeah, so does the guy who started playing basketball 15 minutes ago. Doesn't seem to be an issue on anyone's radar for him though.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. NONE OF YOU EVEN KNEW WHO EMBIID WAS BEFORE THE SEASON, NOW HE'S THE NEXT HAKEEM.

Yet I'm the one who needs to calm down with overrating Wiggins? Literally unbelievable.

serevei
05-25-2014, 04:03 PM
So Wiggins needs a lot of work. Yeah, so does the guy who started playing basketball 15 minutes ago. Doesn't seem to be an issue on anyone's radar for him though.

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills. NONE OF YOU EVEN KNEW WHO EMBIID WAS BEFORE THE SEASON, NOW HE'S THE NEXT HAKEEM.

Yet I'm the one who needs to calm down with overrating Wiggins? Literally unbelievable.
whats the eye test?

sdballer5588
05-25-2014, 04:07 PM
whats the eye test?

Soemthing stupid people use when stats don't agree with their stupid opinion.

serevei
05-25-2014, 04:11 PM
Soemthing stupid people use when stats don't agree with their stupid opinion.
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

so watching players isnt a good way to evaluate them : popcorn:

sdballer5588
05-25-2014, 04:12 PM
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

so watching players isnt a good way to evaluate them : popcorn:

Nah see, you're using watching is as a way to make up for his mediocre stats.

serevei
05-25-2014, 04:14 PM
Nah see, you're using watching is as a way to make up for his mediocre stats.
dizzyasfuark, but statistically he comes out as superior...hence why all stat models love him

sdballer5588
05-25-2014, 04:17 PM
dizzyasfuark, but statistically he comes out as superior...hence why all stat models love him

Lol, stat models love him because they project for time he didn't actually play.

Stat models loved tons of horrible prospects.

serevei
05-25-2014, 04:20 PM
At this point its simply just not worth it ... fuark me

sdballer5588
05-25-2014, 04:21 PM
At this point its simply just not worth it ... fuark me

Haha yeah it will certainly be worth it when in 9 months you are trying to explain that his rookie year was an anomaly and that he will TOTALLY blossom in his 2nd year... then his 3rd...

Then you'll get your 50th misc account and hype the next guy.

OutWorkedByNo1
05-25-2014, 04:23 PM
so baller, what kind of NBA career you think Embiid will have?

where do you think he should go in the draft?( if his back checks out to be good)

i can tell you're not a big fan lol.

serevei
05-25-2014, 04:24 PM
Haha yeah it will certainly be worth it when in 9 months you are trying to explain that his rookie year was an anomaly and that he will TOTALLY blossom in his 2nd year... then his 3rd...

Then you'll get your 50th misc account and hype the next guy.
one account crew.... still stand by my opinions of len, mclemore, shabazz being terrible...

to be fair am entering a phase of denial/depression over this joeger news...fuarkin unbelievable

sdballer5588
05-25-2014, 04:29 PM
so baller, what kind of NBA career you think Embiid will have?

where do you think he should go in the draft?( if his back checks out to be good)

i can tell you're not a big fan lol.

It hardly matters. He needs to prove he can actually stand up to NBA defenders. Arguing his theoretical potential is nonsensical. He could be Greg Oden.

one account crew.... still stand by my opinions of len, mclemore, shabazz being terrible...

to be fair am entering a phase of denial/depression over this joeger news...fuarkin unbelievable

Wow you predicted the 5th 7th and 14th picks in a TERRIBLE draft would be bad? Holy **** dude I am calling NBA GMs right now, you deserve a scouting job right this second.

You are a genius. Second to none. Absolute god of drafting.

serevei
05-25-2014, 04:35 PM
Wow you predicted the 5th 7th and 14th picks in a TERRIBLE draft would be bad? Holy **** dude I am calling NBA GMs right now, you deserve a scouting job right this second.

You are a genius. Second to none. Absolute god of drafting.
gee it down several thousand levels please

sdballer5588
05-25-2014, 04:39 PM
gee it down several thousand levels please

Bro I'm too hype about how crazy wizard you are predicting that in the ****tiest draft of all time, pick 5-14 would suck.

serevei
05-25-2014, 04:43 PM
Bro I'm too hype about how crazy wizard you are predicting that in the ****tiest draft of all time, pick 5-14 would suck.

well on the flip side... was claiming the **** out of in terms of 2nd round steals pre draft:
Crowder, Will barton, Wolters and Muscala (hasn't turned out yet, still hopeful)

05-25-2014, 04:57 PM
Serious?? Someone that's really good at a sport when they just start it usually indicates that they have plenty room to get much, much better.

This... Embiid improved so much this season alone, it was kind of crazy to see. If he trained with Hakeem he could easily become one of the next GOATs.

No idea why anyone would argue that Wiggins>Embiid at this point. Embiid is bar none the best prospect in the draft despite still being new to the game. He's graceful to watch.

sircharles032
05-25-2014, 05:17 PM
Not sure why you're so mad, they both need a lot of work and I've never made a Hakeem reference...

They both need a lot of work, I think most people are projecting Embiid over Wiggins because a) 7'0 and agile and b) further along in skills development despite only playing hoops for 3 years compared to a kid that's been playing his whole life.

I'm not going to claim to care that much about either of them, though. Both equally as likely to flop as they are to become all stars so it'll be what it's gonna be. Didn't see that much of either of them in college to make a strong enough opinion to care that much about this, anyway.

srom12
05-25-2014, 05:56 PM

That's called hype

Just because he came in without hype like wiggins doesn't mean he doesn't stand a chance against him

ITT hype determines a players ability

BatmanBeGains
05-26-2014, 06:13 AM
Cleveland will draft Embiid or their other option will be to draft Dante Exum so they can try and look like the smartest guys in the room... And fail... Because they are not the smartest guys in the room.

The Wiggins hate bandwagon is ridiculous, in order to dismiss Wiggins as the #1 pick, you have to completely throw the notion out of the window that a 19 year old kid can improve at basketball.

I don't agree with picking size or picking for need. You always go BPA, always.

If Cleveland passes on Parker or Wiggins, the franchise should be disbanded and relocated to Seattle.

This draft has an abundance of #1 pick like talent: Wiggins, Parker, Exum, Randle, Smart and Embiid. Out of all those players, Embiid has the most question marks by far.

It isn't just about Greg Oden. It's about raw big men, that haven't been playing long, have injury issues at a young age and will take longer to contribute in a meaningful way. If it was just Greg Oden that was a reminder, then there wouldn't be a problem but it isn't, there is a list a mile long of players that fit that description, failing in the NBA.

Embiid is worthy of a #1 pick for sure, but when you have a draft with another 5 players that are equally worthy of a #1 pick but have far less question marks about their transition, then you pick one of those players.

Smart & Randle are insanely underrated at the moment, at least in fan/media terms.

It's funny how people will gush over Eric Bledsoe but completely dismiss Marcus Smart.

In a season, when Irving leaves for $0.50 on the dollar, Cleveland will be left with a core of Embiid, Bennett and Waiters. From 5 Top 5 picks including 3 #1's. LOL.

Inb4 negs from irate people.

sdballer5588
02-27-2017, 03:07 PM

some of us called this Embiid **** decades ago.

evansanity
07-13-2017, 05:16 PM
lettuce beef cereal. Whoever drafts exum will have the best player in the draft

taebo's draft ranking top 7:

1) exum
2) gordon
3) vonleh
4) parker
5) wiggins
6) randle
7) lavine

embiid will be a bust

lolol

tonyparker69
07-13-2017, 06:36 PM
interesting.

Maxamanius
07-13-2017, 06:37 PM
three years in and still hasn't played more than what..25 games

Slamt
07-13-2017, 07:29 PM
some of us called this Embiid **** decades ago.

now I know Embiid will become a superstar for sure.

this thread will be bumped the same way the Kawhi thread did

tonyparker69
07-13-2017, 10:01 PM
now I know Embiid will become a superstar for sure.

this thread will be bumped the same way the Kawhi thread did

Embiid is already a superstar talent. Just a matter of not making Greg Oden look like John Stockton

dari0
07-13-2017, 10:29 PM
I really hope Injuries don't plague this dude

MattyFish11
07-14-2017, 04:26 AM
I really hope Injuries don't plague this dude

What on earth in this dude's NBA history has given you the idea that this is even possible?

Get it?

lmfao that people still think this guy has any future besides Yao Ming's last couple of years.