PDA

View Full Version : Man Boobs

so-tex
05-19-2014, 12:34 AM
Just what the hell causes them? When I was growing up they didn't exist. Now I see a lot of younger kids that have them. When my nephew was 11 years old, I noticed he had them. When he was 14, I had him work for me for the summer, and I had him work out with me. Mr. Danny, who was the gym owner gave me a key to the gym, so we could work out at any hour. I trained my nephew hard, worked him hard and thank God he let me push him to the limit. He is now 17 and built like a brick sh!t house(no more 'man' boobs). Before I got a hold on him, he was staying in the house playing fuking games on the computer, and the family life he had wasn't the best.

So here begs the question. Are these kids not getting enough exercise, staying indoors too much and eating too many big macs? I don't see this happening to the young females as much, with the exception of being overweight. Are the young females going through similar problems?

GuyJin
05-19-2014, 02:18 AM
[QUOTE=so-tex;1246774683So here begs the question. Are these kids not getting enough exercise, staying indoors too much and eating too many big macs? I don't see this happening to the young females as much, with the exception of being overweight. Are the young females going through similar problems?[/QUOTE]

---

I don't think it's a lack of exercise per se. When I was a kid, maybe thirteen or so, I knew a guy in his late teens. Great swimmer, really solid build, and he was always active, but he also had gyno. Why? Just the way it is. Some guys' bodies simply produce that little bit extra of estrogen which gives their nipples that puffy look or develops into man boobs. Me, I wasn't the most active kid around...in fact I was kind of lazy as a teen. Even though I was overweight, I never had a problem with gyno.

Now, depending on where you live and what you eat, there might be too much estrogen or estrogen precursors (chemicals, I mean) in the processed food you ingest, but I've never seen a definitive link between ingesting foods and developing man boobs. In Japan, soy in all its forms (tofu, chick peas, etc) is a staple, and the vast majority of Japanese men don't have gyno. I've seen studies that link eating all that soy to lowering of their testosterone, but a lot of young to middle-aged Japanese men drink and smoke too much, and that can also contribute to lowered test so there it is.

so-tex
05-19-2014, 03:42 AM
---

I don't think it's a lack of exercise per se. When I was a kid, maybe thirteen or so, I knew a guy in his late teens. Great swimmer, really solid build, and he was always active, but he also had gyno. Why? Just the way it is. Some guys' bodies simply produce that little bit extra of estrogen which gives their nipples that puffy look or develops into man boobs. Me, I wasn't the most active kid around...in fact I was kind of lazy as a teen. Even though I was overweight, I never had a problem with gyno.

Now, depending on where you live and what you eat, there might be too much estrogen or estrogen precursors (chemicals, I mean) in the processed food you ingest, but I've never seen a definitive link between ingesting foods and developing man boobs. In Japan, soy in all its forms (tofu, chick peas, etc) is a staple, and the vast majority of Japanese men don't have gyno. I've seen studies that link eating all that soy to lowering of their testosterone, but a lot of young to middle-aged Japanese men drink and smoke too much, and that can also contribute to lowered test so there it is.Some good insight GuyJin, but it is more prevalent now than it was years ago.

hmmmm16417
05-19-2014, 03:53 AM
have to admit.....LOL'd at title and came in for pics

I think it has to do with the quality of food that most people eat now-a-days. there is so much processed crap now and artificial stuff shoved down the throats of kids these days it's pathetic. Many foods and animals are grown with hormones and I think some of that gets carried over

just my thoughts.

Karl_Hungus
05-19-2014, 03:59 AM
A lot of things can cause it: medications, hormonal issues (aromatase activity when testosterone increases during puberty), too much body fat, perhaps even environmental estrogens, etc. Most cases in adolescents are mild and resolve themselves over time. In the other thread however, that is clearly not a normal case. He said that he was given a drug as a child that caused it .... which some drugs can certainly do that.

latebloomingmom
05-19-2014, 04:05 AM
I have heard its been linked to the hormones pumped into the foods we eat

so-tex
05-19-2014, 04:12 AM
^^^ Can't say I disagree with any of the above posts so far. All are very valid points^^^. I would like to add the possibility of not being outside enough and a lack of activity perhaps?

Edit: And too much Micky D's, ect.

hmmmm16417
05-19-2014, 04:14 AM
One more thing to add.....video games. Lol

pharmamarketer
05-19-2014, 04:19 AM
It's Obama's fault

latebloomingmom
05-19-2014, 04:35 AM
^^^ Can't say I disagree with any of the above posts so far. All are very valid points^^^. I would like to add the possibility of not being outside enough and a lack of activity perhaps?

Edit: And too much Micky D's, ect.well the obesity rate in children is a lot higher now than when we were kids and many of these kids at age twelve or thirteen are carrying quite a bit of body fat but in my opinion..carrying enough fat on a young teenage boy that it happens to be dispursed all over his body including his upper arms, back, belly and chest...not quite the same as a grown man who obviously works out and has very little body fat but yet still has 'man boobs'

GuyJin
05-19-2014, 04:37 AM
It's Obama's fault
---

I thought we could foist this one of on the Mods.

Guess not, huh?

:)

so-tex
05-19-2014, 04:39 AM
well the obesity rate in children is a lot higher now than when we were kids and many of these kids at age twelve or thirteen are carrying quite a bit of body fatGood point. My nephew was obese had them until I got a hold of his ass.

Plateauplower
05-19-2014, 05:26 AM
A lot of things can cause it: medications, hormonal issues (aromatase activity when testosterone increases during puberty), too much body fat, perhaps even environmental estrogens, etc. Most cases in adolescents are mild and resolve themselves over time. In the other thread however, that is clearly not a normal case. He said that he was given a drug as a child that caused it .... which some drugs can certainly do that.

A lot of research is being done on endocrine disrupters in the environment. Things like birth control hormones are excreted and there is currently no way to remove them during the waste water treatment process. Many of these chemicals have a significant effect at a very small does, and can have a pretty long life in the environment. So some of it is ending up in the drinking water in very small quatities (parts per trillion). I would guess it is likely a multitude of things that could cause gyno as you are describing. I havn't noticed that per se, bu there are more and more overweight kids and adults....

mcbourque
05-19-2014, 05:27 AM
I've also heard that it can be causes by growth hormones in food, like chicken and milk. Lots of kids eat nothing but frozen chicken fingers.
I think obesity also has a big part. Think about it, we had very little video games as kids and cartoons was on maybe 1hr a day, 3 hrs in the week-end.

Kids are so directed and scheduled now that they don't know how to entertain themselves without electronics. No more random "playing outside" so they don't burn as much energy.

Regardless, good on you, So-tex, for making such a change in this young man's life. I'm sure he's very grateful.

steffo99
05-19-2014, 05:45 AM
Been seeing in the media recently how we eat several times the sugar we need since so much is added to the food without us realizing it.
Might be just one of many contributing factors. I was shocked when, not to long ago, I looked at the nutritional label for my musli/oatmeal.
It was 24% sugars (not 24% of daily need, we don't have those labels) - yet all you see looking at it are oats etc. Add some inactivity to the
mix and I can see how some moobs may arise.

cowboybiker
05-19-2014, 05:45 AM
Fluoridated water.

You ever seen a commie drink a glass of water?

Phattso
05-19-2014, 06:11 AM
Not necessarily gyno, but in some cases, yes, gyno and the beginning stages. If not gyno, it is a result of higher than normal estrogen levels. Higher fat in males, young and old causes higher estrogen levels.

Smoking pot elevates estrogen levels. Really. The lack of exercising, kids becoming more fat just sitting and playing games or on the computer all day - all can cause elevated levels of estrogen.

Jtbny
05-19-2014, 06:17 AM
Not necessarily gyno, but in some cases, yes, gyno and the beginning stages. If not gyno, it is a result of higher than normal estrogen levels. Higher fat in males, young and old causes higher estrogen levels.

Smoking pot elevates estrogen levels. Really. The lack of exercising, kids becoming more fat just sitting and playing games or on the computer all day - all can cause elevated levels of estrogen.

Add to this exposure to chemicals (in plastics for example) is known to increase estrogen levels.

"BPA is a weak synthetic estrogen found in many rigid plastic products, food and formula can linings, dental sealants, and on the shiny side of paper cashier receipts (to stabilize the ink)."
http://www.breastcancer.org/risk/factors/plastic

Iceman1800
05-19-2014, 06:23 AM
---

I thought we could foist this one of on the Mods.

Guess not, huh?

:)Nope, I'll just blame Bush......:)

Jtbny
05-19-2014, 06:26 AM
Nope, I'll just blame Bush......:)

So now we have the mention of boobs and bush in this thread and not one pic....

I has a sad :(

ajdahlheimer
05-19-2014, 06:40 AM
well the obesity rate in children is a lot higher now than when we were kids and many of these kids at age twelve or thirteen are carrying quite a bit of body fat

My kid is the complete opposite. He eats a ton, but is just a fricken twig still. He is very active though and plays several different sports. Here's a vid of him last week when the Vikings (his team) drafted Teddy Bridgewater. Just a fricken twig.

Tk1ZCr8J3lI

steffo99
05-19-2014, 07:38 AM
So now we have the mention of boobs and bush in this thread and not one pic....

I has a sad :(
http://i.imgur.com/bggemjc.jpg

Medtreker
05-19-2014, 01:14 PM
can never un see. :(

Humanoidlaws
05-19-2014, 01:19 PM
Plastics, water supply, food are more oestrogenic now then they used to be. With the increased use sprays and chemicals in water and food. I think I read somewhere that testosterone levels in men have declined over the years.

And no, I'm not a mad hatter, it's just something I read a while ago.

eomrat
05-19-2014, 01:54 PM
Fluoridated water.

You ever seen a commie drink a glass of water?

On no account will a commie ever drink water....And not without good reason.

Old-Time-Lifter
05-19-2014, 09:18 PM
well the obesity rate in children is a lot higher now than when we were kids and many of these kids at age twelve or thirteen are carrying quite a bit of body fat but in my opinion..carrying enough fat on a young teenage boy that it happens to be dispursed all over his body including his upper arms, back, belly and chest...not quite the same as a grown man who obviously works out and has very little body fat but yet still has 'man boobs'

As a kid there were only a couple kids I knew that were obese, now it's the norm.

Oceanside
05-19-2014, 09:55 PM
I have a hard time believing that in the year 2014 Manboobs is anymore of an issue today that it was in the year 1920.....

aside from the fact that in the year 1920 nobody had coined the phase "manboobs"...

I refuse to believe that human evolution in the last 50-100 years is so advanced that it's surpassed the previous 50,000 years :)

Frnkd
05-20-2014, 03:43 PM
If you stop lifting would you develop manboobs? That fear could be motivating enough to not stop.

Karl_Hungus
05-20-2014, 04:19 PM
If you stop lifting would you develop manboobs? That fear could be motivating enough to not stop.

No.....should have no effect, unless your bf increases.

Smelly bull
05-20-2014, 04:33 PM
When I was younger, I was convinced I was going to sport a set because of my ******* brothers giving me tittle twisters and purple nurples.

Fishman15
05-20-2014, 10:32 PM
When I was younger, I was convinced I was going to sport a set because of my ******* brothers giving me tittle twisters and purple nurples.

Purple nurples? I think I'm going to need a demonstration...on someone other than me of course...

Fishman15
05-20-2014, 10:47 PM
I have a hard time believing that in the year 2014 Manboobs is anymore of an issue today that it was in the year 1920.....

aside from the fact that in the year 1920 nobody had coined the phase "manboobs"...

I refuse to believe that human evolution in the last 50-100 years is so advanced that it's surpassed the previous 50,000 years :)

I agree with you on some levels OS but you have to admit since the age of radio, tv, and now all these other fancy electronics...each generation is getting fatter and lazier than the last. Even the folks on welfare are fat now. Something has to give with all this sitting around and eating. I think some people are just more prone to carrying a "man rack" than others. As big as I was at one time, I feel very fortunate not to have much excess in the northern region. Although I still get to enjoy the excess skin from a 350 lb man around my waste though...

Karl_Hungus
05-21-2014, 01:15 AM
Although I still get to enjoy the excess skin from a 350 lb man around my waste though...

If you always flush your waste, this will never become an issue.