PDA

View Full Version : Billboard Music Awards...

FlaIronMind
05-18-2014, 06:28 PM
Not that I needed any additional confirmation, but this show on tonight (at least, the little bit of it at the beginning that I could tolerate before changing it) simply reaffirms there is very little hope for the majority of current ("mainstream") music. Sigh.

Now kids...

http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9lbfu3L4W1rzhv5ho1_500.gif

mikieson
05-19-2014, 07:39 AM
depends on what you like. some people think the Rolling Stones and Beatles are godly and real music..others think JLO and Kesha are..if we all liked the same things life would suck. I love all music and appreciate what each genre and each generation brings to the table. Sure some suck but that goes for all generations..just my .02.

fpena
05-19-2014, 09:03 AM
I didn't watch it but my wife and daughter were so when I walked by the TV and saw that Lorde had won best Rock song I yelled out, "That's not even a rock song!!! Where's the electric guitar?" And my daughter tells me, "This is why we don't invite you to watch this with us!"

So I stepped away knowing I was going to get even more irritated by watching it.

So not only do the local "rock" stations barely play anything that qualifies as such but pop singers are being given rock awards as well.

Brackneyc
05-19-2014, 11:45 AM
Jethro Tull won some "rock" award a few years back. Srsly? JT?

Karl_Hungus
05-19-2014, 12:32 PM
I didn't watch it but my wife and daughter were so when I walked by the TV and saw that Lorde had won best Rock song I yelled out, "That's not even a rock song!!! Where's the electric guitar?" And my daughter tells me, "This is why we don't invite you to watch this with us!"

Let me preface this by saying that I don't know dick about country music because I don't listen to it much, but I was exposed to a lot of country songs when I was a kid. A couple of months ago, I had a friend come to visit and she wanted to watch the country music awards. I expected to see a bunch of guys in cowboy hats playing steel guitars and belting out lachrymose life-stories played out in some sh!t-@ss honkey tonk. Instead, I saw a bunch of metrosexual kids with emo haircuts and leather pants singing light pop. So, I guess it isn't only "rock" music. Country and "rock" seem to be merging into a single genre light poppy forgettable crap.

Then again, maybe I am just a crotchety old geezer. :D

kimm4
05-19-2014, 12:32 PM
Not into that music at all, but I did watch the Michael Jackson hologram performance and I thought it was great!

Ww9V8tVYRec

Karl_Hungus
05-19-2014, 12:34 PM
Not into that music at all, but I did watch the Michael Jackson hologram performance and I thought it was great!

^^ Have to admit, that is pretty cool!