PDA

View Full Version : Kevin Love has "no interest" in signing an extension in Minnesota

sdballer5588
05-18-2014, 10:16 AM
Intends to enter FA after next season. Minnesota exploring trades for him now.

LA Boston GS and Phoenix emerging as front runners.

Intredasting. All 3 of those teams would need significant work to actually make him a piece for them.

LA and Boston need actual players around them, including LA needing a coach.
Golden States 2nd best player is their PF who I assume would need to be traded.
Phoenix is honestly a random smattering of underrated role players. Although their organization has made big strides.

RoxasBrah
05-18-2014, 10:19 AM
Phoenix would be be amazing with Love.

ThatKindaGuy
05-18-2014, 10:22 AM
Only coach they can get now is someone with ties to the TWolves, because that team will implode really bad. And who'd wanna coach their team without Love in the lineup? Well, couple of seasons of tanking ahead for Minnesota fans I guess.

Taking off the purple-tinted glasses: the best fit/choice would actually be Phoenix. They'd be bakin nicely next season.

NewYorkMets
05-18-2014, 10:36 AM
Phoenix would be be amazing with Love.

him and the dragon ? mother of god ...

good thing he let Minnesota know off the back that he hates living there so they can try to get something in return for him. just accept the best trade for the team, future first round pick(s) and young talent.

now the question is, when/if he is traded will he sign an extension with the new team or does he just want to go and become a free agent ?

EPICBULGARIAN91
05-18-2014, 10:44 AM
I just wrote in the other thread, but I guess I'll write here as well

Timberwolves are a terrible orginization. I will never forget how during the 09 draft we couldve had steph, rubio and love all on the same roster.

instead we drafted ty lawson, jonny flynn and rubio....and we only have a semi productive rubio..

such is life. dont blame Love at all

TaeBoNinja
05-18-2014, 11:34 AM
Lakers are the obvious choice. They have pieces to trade, and Love is Pau 2.0

05-18-2014, 11:39 AM
According to ESPN (http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/10949807/kevin-love-tells-minnesota-timberwolves-sign-extension-likes-chicago-bulls-golden-state-warriors), Love's preferred destinations are the Bulls and Warriors at the moment. He wants to go where he can contend immediately. Only problem I see with him on the Warriors is that the upgrade at the PF position (assuming Lee is a trade piece) probably won't be worth the extra $5-7 million when our bench is still very mediocre.

Day1086
05-18-2014, 01:23 PM
Fcking lol @ saying warriors 2nd best player is david lee

bogut > iguodala > klay > lee

I don't have enough of an opinion on Love because honestly who watches the timberwolves, but I'd still be ecstatic if the warriors got him without giving up klay

ThatKindaGuy
05-18-2014, 01:24 PM

Finally some sense in this thread. Lee is soft as fuk. Bogut and Iggy are probably my favorite inside duo.

05-18-2014, 01:44 PM

I don't have enough of an opinion on Love because honestly who watches the timberwolves, but I'd still be ecstatic if the warriors got him without giving up klay

I remember when the Wolves played @ GS and Love played zero defense but dropped something like 40. I wouldn't mind getting him at all though, not like we have any defense at the PF position anyways.

Shortstop36
05-18-2014, 01:45 PM
http://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/391/3912151/2441702-0720251747-origi.gif

I OuTsiDeR I
05-18-2014, 01:49 PM

I don't have enough of an opinion on Love because honestly who watches the timberwolves, but I'd still be ecstatic if the warriors got him without giving up klayGS has the most pieces to give IMO. Probably would need to give up Lee and Barnes. Don't care if Lee goes, I know Barnes under performed but I liked him coming off the bench. He isn't great but losing him would leave their bench to only Green.

I think Love would be great for GS. Great rebounder, won't be able to trap Curry hard to leave him open, decent passer, can't get any worse than Lee at D.

sdballer5588
05-18-2014, 01:53 PM
GS and PHX offer the best fits and instant contention.

LA and BOS are clearly the superior franchises that could properly build your brand for your entire career.

Upshall18
05-18-2014, 01:54 PM
Daaaam imagine Kobe Nash and Love

Day1086
05-18-2014, 01:56 PM

imagine kobe nash and dwight

GetBigyo
05-18-2014, 01:57 PM
Yeah...

In 2010.

rnod
05-18-2014, 02:16 PM

Intredasting. All 3 of those teams would need significant work to actually make him a piece for them.

Phoenix is honestly a random smattering of underrated role players. Although their organization has made big strides.

LA, Boston, GS, and Phoenix....

1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 3....

1+1 = 2
2+1=3
3+1=3......

strong counting, fuking phaggot

sdballer5588
05-18-2014, 02:19 PM

LA, Boston, GS, and Phoenix....

1 + 1 + 1 + 1 = 3....

1+1 = 2
2+1=3
3+1=3......

strong counting, fuking phaggot

Sorry I meant 3 situations, since one situation was identical for 2 teams.

It's interesting to see how fired up you are about that though. I must have ruined your sports misc life before.

NotSureIfCereal
05-18-2014, 02:28 PM
klove on the warriors would be pissening

give the wolves lee+barnes and some draft picks or something

Phil9
05-18-2014, 02:29 PM

Nash? This can't be serious lol.

drock2190
05-18-2014, 03:30 PM
klove on the warriors would be pissening

give the wolves lee+barnes and some draft picks or something

Wolves fan wouldnt be happy with that.

Good thing I stopped caring about the NBA because the Wolves looks like it will be another 10 years before they even reach the playoffs

HarpoonBrah
05-18-2014, 03:35 PM
He'd be an idiot to not go to GSW like that phaggot Dwight was

Yes its his choice where he goes , no one will trade for him unless he says he'll be with them long term

lvp2301
05-18-2014, 03:44 PM
His outlet passes in Phoenix to Green,Bledsoe, dragic would be hnngg

uEIbLbvjPtM

JmanTheJuiceman
05-18-2014, 03:45 PM
Damn is it tough being a T-Wolves fan or what.

I've been pissed off with them since they let Garnett leave.

MCrow
05-18-2014, 05:04 PM
No matter the deal they get they're going to ge raped. None of the teams they are talking to have decent draft picks, likely are not giving a good player back either.

ballzofpeaze
05-18-2014, 05:15 PM
My ideal trade would be Lee + Barnes for Love.. But that'd be laker-like delusion.

Our floor spacing would be ridiculous.

MCrow
05-18-2014, 05:26 PM
My ideal trade would be Lee + Barnes for Love.. But that'd be laker-like delusion.

Our floor spacing would be ridiculous.

That trade would make sense, Wolves get a good PF and a SF, probably would have to get draft picks as well.

ballzofpeaze
05-18-2014, 05:30 PM
That trade would make sense, Wolves get a good PF and a SF, probably would have to get draft picks as well.

warriors have no draft picks to offer

MCrow
05-18-2014, 05:51 PM
Well, can't see it working, though I think future picks would be OK.

MCrow
05-18-2014, 05:54 PM
i duno do you really think we'd have to give up barnes as well?.. honestly i really want to hang on to barnes another year and see what he can do. i think mark jackson did a terrible job of putting him into a position coming of the bench where he could utilize his skillset..and in a situation like this where kevin love is pretty much saying trade me or im gone the timberwolves lose a lot of leverage on what they can ask for imo.
Chances are they can get a better deal given Love is in the last year of his contract.

Day1086
05-18-2014, 06:15 PM

Apparently once the 2014 draft passes the warriors are then allowed to trade their 2015 first rounder since it's no longer a part of consecutive future years

brb_ballin
05-18-2014, 06:20 PM
Celtics have a slew of draft picks.

Jeff Green, probably Avery Bradley :(

Rondo, Wiggins, Love

Creaso
05-18-2014, 06:35 PM
3 first round picks, Goodwin, and Frye

But k love doesn't have a post game does he?

YWOC
05-18-2014, 06:51 PM
Minnesota sports teams are so poverty. I honestly kind of feel bad for them

YWOC
05-18-2014, 06:55 PM
Celtics have a slew of draft picks.

Jeff Green, probably Avery Bradley :(

Rondo, Wiggins, Love

You said in another thread Durant was also going to the Celtics? Yup I'm sure they are gonna get all those players lol

05-18-2014, 06:59 PM
3 first round picks, Goodwin, and Frye

But k love doesn't have a post game does he?

His post game is alright, but he's more meant to spread the floor. Can hit the turnaround pretty consistently. I don't think he's all that creative in the post though.

Creaso
05-18-2014, 07:02 PM
His post game is alright, but he's more meant to spread the floor. Can hit the turnaround pretty consistently. I don't think he's all that creative in the post though.

Suns need a defensive big. I wouldn't cry if we got him. Just think we aren't addressing our biggest need.

MurkinSeason
05-18-2014, 07:07 PM
He's a good player but I don't see how any of you could be excited about paying that guy

Gooner89
05-18-2014, 07:40 PM

He was 5th in ft's attempted per game. He knows how to play in the post.

05-18-2014, 07:50 PM
Suns need a defensive big. I wouldn't cry if we got him. Just think we aren't addressing our biggest need.

I feel you. If the Warriors do try and get Love, they better not trade away Bogut or it's good night sweet defense.

lsiberian
05-18-2014, 08:02 PM
He should go to Chicago IMO. He'd finally make the playoffs.

Rebounds45
05-18-2014, 08:02 PM
If he goes to the Dubs they would have a super 3-pointer team

daisbest
05-18-2014, 08:07 PM
good he can leave, his defense is poverty anyways

Creaso
05-18-2014, 08:12 PM
I feel you. If the Warriors do try and get Love, they better not trade away Bogut or it's good night sweet defense.

Ya you guys don't need another three point shooter.

PaC-mAn8
05-18-2014, 09:43 PM
Rose, Noah, Love....lawd.

homicidal_misc
05-18-2014, 09:46 PM
Rose, Noah, Love....lawd.
And Melo. LAAAAWWWWD.

ZBrahhh
05-18-2014, 09:50 PM
If he's smart he'll force a trade to the East. No point going to the Warriors, Lakers or Phoenix. I don't think he's good enough to elevate any of those teams into the WCF, let alone a championship.

Bulls or Boston would be good for him, easier to get further in the playoffs.

SpotMeYo
05-18-2014, 09:59 PM
If he's smart he'll force a trade to the East. No point going to the Warriors, Lakers or Phoenix. I don't think he's good enough to elevate any of those teams into the WCF, let alone a championship.

Bulls or Boston would be good for him, easier to get further in the playoffs.
That's true. Join Chicago and stamp your ticket to atleast the 2nd Round for the next 6 years.

I OuTsiDeR I
05-19-2014, 02:14 AM
He was 5th in ft's attempted per game. He knows how to play in the post.If he did he would be more efficient. Don't want my PF shooting Melo type fg%. He has a right hook and thats about it, from what I've seen from him.

Gooner89
05-19-2014, 02:27 AM
If he did he would be more efficient. Don't want my PF shooting Melo type fg%. He has a right hook and thats about it, from what I've seen from him.

More efficient? He takes 1 more shot than Lebron and scores one less point. Efficiency is the least of his worries.

ballzofpeaze
05-19-2014, 02:50 AM
Dubs should throw everything besides bogut, iggy and curry for love.

Srs a 2nd star is ESSENTIAL

05-19-2014, 05:17 AM
Dubs should throw everything besides bogut, iggy and curry for love.

Srs a 2nd star is ESSENTIAL

No they shouldn't.. The Warriors have leverage. Just offer Lee+Barnes along with a 2015 draft pick. Minnesota is already in a tough spot as is, so every deal thrown at them is gonna look sweeter.

jross2021
05-19-2014, 05:25 AM
GS and PHX offer the best fits and instant contention.

LA and BOS are clearly the superior franchises that could properly build your brand for your entire career.

Rondo to Love all day cuh. Inb4 18 apg

BroHusky
05-19-2014, 05:49 AM
Love's the type of player that can't be the best player on his team to win. Surely some team will overpay for him and probably regret it. I cannot see a fit for him on a team where he eleveates them to contender other than the Warriors dependent upon who they have to give up. I also think the Bulls could also be included in this if DRose is healthy.

Lb54TG
05-19-2014, 05:52 AM
Come to Heat pls

jross2021
05-19-2014, 05:56 AM
Love's the type of player that can't be the best player on his team to win. Surely some team will overpay for him and probably regret it. I cannot see a fit for him on a team where he eleveates them to contender other than the Warriors dependent upon who they have to give up. I also think the Bulls could also be included in this if DRose is healthy.

Rather have gorgui dieng than love crew. He outplayed love every game during peks absence.

JetLife21
05-19-2014, 06:22 AM
Love is dumb for this. He's about to pull the same move that Melo did and he will end up regretting it. He should just play out his final year in Minnesota and then sign with the team that he wants to. Instead, he's going to force a trade which will make his new team lose 2 or 3 good assets.

MCrow
05-19-2014, 06:34 AM
Rather have gorgui dieng than love crew. He outplayed love every game during peks absence.

There's some truth to that. Dieng is going to be the best center in the league if he continues to develop like he did over the season last year.

The last 18 games where he started getting some minutes he was scoring 12ppg, 11 rb, 2 blks and played pretty good defense.

Problem is having Pek is going to keep him as a part timer unless Pek is injured. Maybe you could play both of them for short stints. Still pretty raw but he mad some big improvements over the season. Part of the problem was that Adleman hates playing rookies, so that stunted both the 1st rounder's developement this year, IMO.

MCrow
05-19-2014, 06:36 AM

I don't think anyone is going to overpay. Love is in his last year of a contract so his value is a lot less than if he still had 2-3. Maybe they'll overpay on a contract but IMO Love is worth a max contract. He might not be Lebron, KD...ect but he probablyis the best PF in the league.

ToPHeR35
05-19-2014, 10:19 AM
And Melo. LAAAAWWWWD.

Wet dream. Bulls can't handle all those contract at once, especially with Rose's already taking up 1/3 of the entire payroll.

Masstastic
05-19-2014, 11:11 AM
Love is dumb for this. He's about to pull the same move that Melo did and he will end up regretting it. He should just play out his final year in Minnesota and then sign with the team that he wants to. Instead, he's going to force a trade which will make his new team lose 2 or 3 good assets.
Can't believe Im agreeing with you

Oakridgeboy21
05-19-2014, 11:18 AM
Kevin Love to the Spurs would make the most sense. He will fill the void left by Timmy after he retires with his 5th championship this season. Spurs have the best front office and coaching staff in the game.

MCrow
05-19-2014, 11:21 AM
Kevin Love to the Spurs would make the most sense. He will fill the void left by Timmy after he retires with his 5th championship this season. Spurs have the best front office and coaching staff in the game.

Yeah, but what do they have to offer? Late 1st round pick?

Oakridgeboy21
05-19-2014, 11:23 AM
Yeah, but what do they have to offer? Late 1st round pick? I don't think they have much, but i don't think he will extend a contract in most places he will be traded to. Opt out and sign

thelast10
05-19-2014, 11:32 AM

Melo has cost us more than 2-3 good assets.... It also caused us getting Chauncey Billups which we had to waste our amnesty on.... I don't know when we have a draft pick coming up (thank you Andrea F'ing waste of life Bargnani). So his impact is still being felt from that initial trade... But I don't put that all on Melo, the Knicks could've waited, but made a typical rash decision... I heard someone say/debate whether or not Kevin Love would be a good replacement for Melo if he leaves... But what the hell can the Knicks offer? I don't think they have a 1st round pick till 2020ish lol, and what assets could we even trade? Bargnani, Felton, THJ/Shumpert? It's sad when your team sucks, and they have 0 room to improve... I say we just go over the cap and pay the luxury tax, the Nets did it/doing it, and according to Forbes we are the most valuable team, so I think...... We could afford it... My basketball team spends too much money on wasted players, my football team (the Jets) have plenty of cap space that's not being used, and my baseball team spends a ton of money but the players seem to all be injured (the Yankees).... Frustrating sports year to say the least...

Dave P
05-19-2014, 11:39 AM
Bulls/Warriors

JetLife21
05-19-2014, 11:47 AM

Is there any other option?

BullStampede
05-19-2014, 11:49 AM
1. Chalmers
2. Wade
3. LBJ
4. Bosh
5. Love

Not bad.

oh snap he lives.

GetBigyo
05-19-2014, 11:51 AM
Shumpert, Felton, Chandler, and a 2030 1st for Love.

thelast10
05-19-2014, 12:05 PM
Shumpert, Felton, Chandler, and a 2030 1st for Love.

I would prefer THJ instead of Shumpert, because if we got rid of Chandler and Shump our D would plummet (it wasn't that great to begin with) but it would be MUCH worse... I would prefer Felton, THJ, Bargnani and a 2030 1st rounder and even a 2029 2nd rounder lol for him....

I OuTsiDeR I
05-19-2014, 02:19 PM
More efficient? He takes 1 more shot than Lebron and scores one less point. Efficiency is the least of his worries.Do you know what efficiency is? He is shooting 45% for a PF which isn't great. Lebron is shooting 56%. Thats a HUGE difference. Incase you don't get it, and need to break it down more. He makes more while taking less shots than K-Love, thats called being efficient.

Typically you want your PF to be in the high 40's to 50% and above on fg percentages. KD is shooting around 45% in the playoffs, and people have been crucifying him for playing horrible in the playoffs. Even in the memphis series he shot 44 and it was one of the worst we have seen him play.

Love is dumb for this. He's about to pull the same move that Melo did and he will end up regretting it. He should just play out his final year in Minnesota and then sign with the team that he wants to. Instead, he's going to force a trade which will make his new team lose 2 or 3 good assets.I don't think he has options though. I was under the impression that if he doesn't sign another extension they would never let him just play out his last year and leave, because they would lose him for nothing.

Day1086
05-19-2014, 02:22 PM
Do you know what efficiency is? He is shooting 45% for a PF which isn't great. Lebron is shooting 56%. Thats a HUGE difference. Incase you don't get it, and need to break it down more. He makes more while taking less shots than K-Love, thats called being efficient.

Typically you want your PF to be in the high 40's to 50% and above on fg percentages. KD is shooting around 45% in the playoffs, and people have been crucifying him for playing horrible in the playoffs. Even in the memphis series he shot 44 and it was one of the worst we have seen him play.

I don't think he has options though. I was under the impression that if he doesn't sign another extension they would never let him just play out his last year and leave, because they would lose him for nothing.

Love attempts 6 threes a game

He has a TS% of 59% which is elite. For reference curry is at 61%

Blake Griffin is at 58% and LaMarcus Aldridge 51%

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics/_/sort/trueShootingPct

Gooner89
05-19-2014, 02:27 PM
Do you know what efficiency is? He is shooting 45% for a PF which isn't great. Lebron is shooting 56%. Thats a HUGE difference. Incase you don't get it, and need to break it down more. He makes more while taking less shots than K-Love, thats called being efficient.

I don't think he has options though. I was under the impression that if he doesn't sign another extension they would never let him just play out his last year and leave, because they would lose him for nothing.

He takes significantly more 3's and outside shots. Shooting a significantly lower percentage would usually result in him not scoring as much as Lebron, correct? Except he does (1 pt less) and that is because he is top 5 in getting to the ft line. That is being efficient. I get what you're saying but that doesn't mean he isn't efficient in the post. It means he is.

sdballer5588
05-19-2014, 02:31 PM

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics/_/sort/trueShootingPct

So Blake is the GOAT. Stay frosty.

TS% skews greatly in favor of 3 point shooters and high FT shooters. You're not specifically viewing his efficiency and because he's never been in the playoffs you can never truly know his effectiveness when whistles stop coming.

05-19-2014, 02:46 PM
but he probablyis the best PF in the league.

I'll assume you're a T-Wolves fan, but i'm gonna have to disagree. Griffin is the best PF.

I OuTsiDeR I
05-19-2014, 02:47 PM

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/hollinger/statistics/_/sort/trueShootingPctPersonally think he takes too many. While he is a good shooter, I don't want my PF taking anywhere between 6-8 3's a game. He isn't Curry.

He takes significantly more 3's and outside shots. Shooting a significantly lower percentage would usually result in him not scoring as much as Lebron, correct? Except he does (1 pt less) and that is because he is top 5 in getting to the ft line. That is being efficient. I get what you're saying but that doesn't mean he isn't efficient in the post. It means he is.One he is a better FT shooter than Lebron and attempts more, and as you said he makes and takes more 3's, so thats why he is 1 pt less. He is efficient from the FT line, I was talking more about fg%

I meant more efficient from the field in general not specifically in the post, and I feel his post arsenal is limited. The only move I have seen him do is a right baby hook (although I'll be honest I haven't watched him a lot). It's either he gets to the line or right baby hook from what I have seen. I would like him to get a better back to the basket game. I did not take into account the amount of 3's he took, but as I stated I don't want my PF taking that many.

sdballer5588
05-19-2014, 02:48 PM
I'll assume you're a T-Wolves fan, but i'm gonna have to disagree. Griffin is the best PF.

Everyone with more than 5 functioning brain cells knows Blake is easily the safe pick for best PF.

The Kevin Love Crew is praying he lands on a good team and exchanges stats for wins.

I OuTsiDeR I
05-19-2014, 02:49 PM
I'll assume you're a T-Wolves fan, but i'm gonna have to disagree. Griffin is the best PF.This

It was Love before, but after this year and I'm sure beyond, Griffin has the higher ceiling and he is in the process of reaching it.

MCrow
05-19-2014, 02:57 PM

If Love was with the Clippers you'd be saying he's the better player.

If Love had the team around him that Griffin the Wolves would probably have been at least as good as the Clippers.

sdballer5588
05-19-2014, 03:01 PM
This

It was Love before, but after this year and I'm sure beyond, Griffin has the higher ceiling and he is in the process of reaching it.

It was never about potential, it was about how Blake would continue to evolve and if he would work hard enough.

Every single season he has added new moves, better defense, and better team play.

Blake is now confirmed way way better than Kevin Love.

People can still drool over his rebound numbers, until they realize how often Love gives up on plays to get rebounds to pad his stats.

If Love had the team around him that Griffin the Wolves would probably have been at least as good as the Clippers.

Lol? You have no idea how Kevin Love plays if you think he synergizes with other players. He benefits from bad teams, not the other way around.

Blakes stats actually SUFFERED from getting good teammates, and now his stats are still pretty much superior to loves, just with Love padding his more often vs decreased pressure.

Blake is a great fit for CP3, but he also WENT OFF without Cp3.

05-19-2014, 03:09 PM

Meh, they're a push on offense, but Griffin is miles ahead of Love on defense. I won't be complaining if the Warriors do get him though. He could be that piece we need.

sdballer5588
05-19-2014, 03:13 PM
Meh, they're a push on offense, but Griffin is miles ahead of Love on defense. I won't be complaining if the Warriors do get him though. He could be that piece we need.

Blake might not be incredible in post defense, but he is a far more versatile defender and showed for long stretches that he is more than adequate on defense based purely on athleticism and lateral agility.

Love just will never even have the physical ability to do stuff like this.

http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_me0k6k4fmq1qe1x8qo1_r3_500.jpg

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/852244784.gif?1399697812

Brb jump so high that even though you bit on a pump, you still block the shot rofl

I OuTsiDeR I
05-19-2014, 03:17 PM
It was never about potential, it was about how Blake would continue to evolve and if he would work hard enough.

Every single season he has added new moves, better defense, and better team play.

Blake is now confirmed way way better than Kevin Love.

People can still drool over his rebound numbers, until they realize how often Love gives up on plays to get rebounds to pad his stats.

Lol? You have no idea how Kevin Love plays if you think he synergizes with other players. He benefits from bad teams, not the other way around.

Blakes stats actually SUFFERED from getting good teammates, and now his stats are still pretty much superior to loves, just with Love padding his more often vs decreased pressure.

Blake is a great fit for CP3, but he also WENT OFF without Cp3.I think potential+Hard Work go hand in hand and leads to evolving. If both people work hard, the one that has more talent potential will be the better player. I believe this is what we are seeing with Griffin and Love. I wouldn't say he is WAY better, but I would put him above Love without thinking about it.

Can you elaborate on him getting rebounds by quitting on plays? I haven't watched him a lot I'm assuming you have.

Blaming Love for benefitting on bad teams is unfair. We can't compare the two evenly because they are not in the same situation. If Love finally gets on a good team then we can start making real comparisons, with increased pressure and expectations.

Love what I have seen with Griffin though ain't gonna lie. I think he needs to work on a little finesse around the rim because at times he goes to hard.

Gooner89
05-19-2014, 03:29 PM
Can you elaborate on him getting rebounds by quitting on plays? I haven't watched him a lot I'm assuming you have.

lol no he hasn't. I watched him 40 times last season in person and it's true that he sacrifices defensive position for rebounding position at times. It definitely isn't as bad as people say though, and there is a reason he does it. The Wolves were one of the top transition teams in the league because of his outlet passes to Brewer and Martin. He plays to his strengths and the Wolves would have been a lot worse had he not. He led the league in defensive rebounds for a reason and it's not because he quits on plays, it's because he is a great rebounder. Doesn't matter though, he could put up the same numbers on a playoff team and people would still find a way to bitch about him. It's a shame MN isn't in the East.

sdballer5588
05-19-2014, 03:34 PM
I think potential+Hard Work go hand in hand and leads to evolving. If both people work hard, the one that has more talent potential will be the better player. I believe this is what we are seeing with Griffin and Love. I wouldn't say he is WAY better, but I would put him above Love without thinking about it.

Blaming Love for benefitting on bad teams is unfair. We can't compare the two evenly because they are not in the same situation. If Love finally gets on a good team then we can start making real comparisons, with increased pressure and expectations.

Love what I have seen with Griffin though ain't gonna lie. I think he needs to work on a little finesse around the rim because at times he goes to hard.

Love will leave his man when he thinks a shot is going up to get favorable position for the rebound, many times giving up a pass to his own man when that shot does not happen.

It gets posted a lot on the NBA Reddit, I don't remember where Zach Lowe's piece on it was because it covered more than just Loves faults, but basically Love will say "**** it" on D, in order to establish a better position for a rebound.

lol no he hasn't. I watched him 40 times last season in person and it's true that he sacrifices defensive position for rebounding position at times. It definitely isn't as bad as people say though, and there is a reason he does it. The Wolves were one of the top transition teams in the league because of his outlet passes to Brewer and Martin. He plays to his strengths and the Wolves would have been a lot worse had he not. He led the league in defensive rebounds for a reason and it's not because he quits on plays, it's because he is a great rebounder. Doesn't matter though, he could put up the same numbers on a playoff team and people would still find a way to bitch about him. It's a shame MN isn't in the East.

Lol @ saying I'm right, yet somehow disagreeing.

Love DOES give up on defense in favor of getting a rebound. To be fair though, he's a terrible defender anyway, and is better in the outlet game.

Here's a random example

http://cdn3.sbnation.com/assets/3962811/klovedefense.gif

No contest
No attempt to take charge
No attempt to cover the possible pass

Just gives up the layup in order to establish a strong rebounding position.

MCrow
05-19-2014, 03:44 PM
Rebounding is a form of defense. He's not good at defending the ball, but his defense is to get good rebounding position. He knows he's not athletic enough to be a shot blocker, but it would be nice to see more attempts to get a hand in the face at least.

But let's not pretend that Blake is good on defense either, he's not. He has potential to be, but he's not right now.

sdballer5588
05-19-2014, 03:46 PM
Rebounding is a form of defense. He's not good at defending the ball, but his defense is to get good rebounding position. He knows he's not athletic enough to be a shot blocker, but it would be nice to see more attempts to get a hand in the face at least.

But let's not pretend that Blake is good on defense either, he's not. He has potential to be, but he's not right now.

Actually, Blake was a very very good defender thist postseason, as showcased vs the Thunder. Stay frosty.

MCrow
05-19-2014, 03:52 PM
Actually, Blake was a very very good defender thist postseason, as showcased vs the Thunder. Stay frosty.

I'd like a bigger sample size than a few games in the playoffs before I'd start promoting him as a "very very good defender".

ballzofpeaze
05-19-2014, 04:11 PM

Don't really think so tbh.

He defended stupidly, fouled out of multiple games and had green put up 24 on him and ibaka almost shoot a perfect game (only from memory).

He didn't have a post player to expose his flaws also.. So eh you'd expect him to do alright.

Day1086
05-19-2014, 04:32 PM

The only real positive defense Blake showed in the playoffs is that he has the lateral quickness to hedge curry hard on screens

Aside from that it is clear that the dude needs to learn how to avoid fouling constantly. You can bish about calls all you want but Blake had himself to blame for most of his foul trouble, including nearly taking off westbrook's head for his 6th foul in game 6. He time and time again committed stupid unnecessary fouls when he was already in foul trouble, and him not being on the floor hurt his team

uI8AanBHSck

Fun Fact: sdballer watched this slow-mo replay several times and still complained about the call, even after I point out the head contact

lmao @ "how the **** is that a foul ed?"

catimmerman
05-19-2014, 04:44 PM

Didn't he average like 5 fouls/gm during the playoffs lol? Good defenders don't foul that much- there is a huge difference between being aggressive and being a good defender

sdballer5588
05-19-2014, 05:17 PM
Didn't he average like 5 fouls/gm during the playoffs lol? Good defenders don't foul that much- there is a huge difference between being aggressive and being a good defender

Most of the fouls he got were incredibly ticky tack.

That tends to happen vs the most babied team in the league.

sdballer5588
05-19-2014, 05:18 PM
The only real positive defense Blake showed in the playoffs is that he has the lateral quickness to hedge curry hard on screens

Aside from that it is clear that the dude needs to learn how to avoid fouling constantly. You can bish about calls all you want but Blake had himself to blame for most of his foul trouble, including nearly taking off westbrook's head for his 6th foul in game 6. He time and time again committed stupid unnecessary fouls when he was already in foul trouble, and him not being on the floor hurt his team

uI8AanBHSck

Fun Fact: sdballer watched this slow-mo replay several times and still complained about the call, even after I point out the head contact

lmao @ "how the **** is that a foul ed?"

Clean.

RU3s8lwnGXE

RoxasBrah
05-19-2014, 05:24 PM
Actually, Blake was a very very good defender thist postseason, as showcased vs the Thunder. Stay frosty.FUKING LOL, no.

Not even close.

hoop84
05-19-2014, 05:30 PM
Clean.

RU3s8lwnGXE

so if rondo didnt get the call no one should get the call?

RoxasBrah
05-19-2014, 05:30 PM
Most of the fouls he got were incredibly ticky tacky.
That tends to happen vs the most babied team in the league.Not sure if fukcing serious.

Dude was running like a bull in china and was flopping and pulling players down all series. Griffin would bull rush to the rim and Ibaka would pick up fouls for staying in place while he was getting backed down. Ibaka was taken out of the game with these bullchit fouls 3 times out of the 6 games.

Ibaka torched his chitty defense going 10/11 on solely jumpers.

sdballer5588
05-19-2014, 05:33 PM
so if rondo didnt get the call no one should get the call?

I was being sarcastic, I was just also giving a funny situation where someone was hit way harder in the head and more obviously, in a much more crucial situation, and got no call.

Not sure if fukcing serious.

Dude was running like a bull in china and was flopping and pulling players down all series. Griffin would bull rush to the rim and Ibaka would pick up fouls for staying in palys while he was getting backed down. Ibaka was taken out of the game with these bullchit fouls 3 times out of the 6 games.

Ibaka torched his chitty defense going 10/11 on solely jumpers.

Lol, so you quote Klay Thompson and insert that Ibaka made jumpers to discredit his defense?

What the hell? lol you are easily one of the most butthurt, bandwagon fans on this section.

Blacryan
05-19-2014, 05:34 PM
God was in the same district/area as love in high school. That dude was such a cock***. Was FA as **** at parties too. People would heckle him and his dad would seriously try to fight people in the stands. His dad actually got in a fight and whooped some adults ass in the stands at a game.

Will say he ****ing dominated hard as **** in HS though. Dude was a monster.

sdballer5588
05-19-2014, 05:38 PM
God was in the same district/area as love in high school. That dude was such a cock***. Was FA as **** at parties too. People would heckle him and his dad would seriously try to fight people in the stands. His dad actually got in a fight and whooped some adults ass in the stands at a game.

Will say he ****ing dominated hard as **** in HS though. Dude was a monster.

Future NBA star dominates high school sports.

News at 11.

RoxasBrah
05-19-2014, 05:48 PM
Lol, so you quote Klay Thompson and insert that Ibaka made jumpers to discredit his defense?

What the hell? lol you are easily one of the most butthurt, bandwagon fans on this section.You claim to be a Boston fans every 10,000 posts.

Then you incessantly suck off the Heat.

Now you have branched off to this Ginger phaggot. Your brother just reinforced the image of you being a fuking moron once again with you complaining about that Griffin foul on Westbrook. Get Griffin's cum off your eyelids and you will see he sucks dikc on defense.

"Band-wagoner", you talking about yourself?

sdballer5588
05-19-2014, 05:52 PM
You claim to be a Boston fans every 10,000 posts.

Then you incessantly suck off the Heat.

Now you have branched off to this Ginger phaggot. Your brother just reinforced the image of you being a fuking moron once again with you complaining about that Griffin foul on Westbrook. Get Griffin's cum off your eyelids and you will see he sucks dikc on defense.

"Band-wagoner", you talking about yourself?

Tell me more about how upset you are.

RoxasBrah
05-19-2014, 05:59 PM
Tell me more about how upset you are.Lol at Griffin only playing good against David Lee and Draymond Green.

Then getting manhandled by by a competent frontcourt.

sdballer5588
05-19-2014, 06:12 PM
Lol at Griffin only playing good against David Lee and Draymond Green.

Then getting manhandled by by a competent frontcourt.

........wait what.

23.3 6.3 vs GS

23.8 8.8 vs OKC lol

serevei
05-19-2014, 06:26 PM
Simply rofl at anyone considering lee + barnes + first as close to market value for love...

that is an absolute poverty offer, barnes ****in stinks man. dead set no way does he have anymore trade value then derrick williams had at the start of this year (dead srs)...

As a wolves fan would not even consider klay + Lee + barnes... would far prefer to either let love play out his contract and walk or talk to chi/bos....

MurkinSeason
05-19-2014, 06:30 PM
Last time sdballer watched a Boston game- 2008

Tekneek88
05-19-2014, 06:32 PM
Twolves need to get something for him if they can.

The Lee + Barnes seems the most likely right now but I can't say its fair.

Lee isn't bad but Barnes is just a waste. Another chitty off player to warm dat dere bench

Day1086
05-19-2014, 06:57 PM
Simply rofl at anyone considering lee + barnes + first as close to market value for love...

that is an absolute poverty offer, barnes ****in stinks man. dead set no way does he have anymore trade value then derrick williams had at the start of this year (dead srs)...

As a wolves fan would not even consider klay + Lee + barnes... would far prefer to either let love play out his contract and walk or talk to chi/bos....

Lee Barnes 1st is iffy but about as good as you'll get when the player is forcing his way out. When a player is going to walk anyways you don't get market value for him in a trade.

You'd have to be brain dead to turn down klay Thompson and instead let Love walk for nothing. Klay is the absolute best thing the wolves can get out of this situation, but I don't really see any reason the warriors would trade klay away. Rather let Love walk and go at him next summer than give klay

I OuTsiDeR I
05-19-2014, 07:11 PM
Lee Barnes 1st is iffy but about as good as you'll get when the player is forcing his way out. When a player is going to walk anyways you don't get market value for him in a trade.

You'd have to be brain dead to turn down klay Thompson and instead let Love walk for nothing. Klay is the absolute best thing the wolves can get out of this situation, but I don't really see any reason the warriors would trade klay away. Rather let Love walk and go at him next summer than give klay They won't give up Klay and shouldn't. Love won't walk the team is definitely going to trade him. I think Lee+Barnes would probably be the best deal they could get quality player wise. Other teams may offer their picks, but they are only trading if it's a guarantee that Love signs. He wants to contend, GS has the better pieces to give. Nobody is going to do what the Lakers did with D12.

05-19-2014, 07:17 PM

Yeah... I guess you missed the memo that you'll never get market value for a player who is forcing his way out. Lee+Barnes+1st is about as good as you could possibly hope for given the circumstances.

And you not considering Klay+Lee+Barnes is just straight up potato. Let me guess, Klay just shoots threes and isn't a top notch defender, right?

Water under the bridge, Warriors would never trade Klay.

lee4
05-19-2014, 07:20 PM

phoenix's offense is designed for a stretch 4 who boxes out and rebounds. love would step into frye's role.

so...how much better would a 48-win team (that missed their best player for half of last year) be with love taking frye's spot?

moreover, that "smattering of underrated role players" also means "high value cheap trade pieces". no one wants to take on david lee's million-per-point contract. the suns offer young assets on cheap contracts, plus picks galore. if minny trades, it is to rebuild, so they'll be looking forward. what they won't be doing is thinking "hey, what mediocre veteran player can we get to be mildly competitive for three or four years".

however, minny does dumb things, so maybe they will try and contend with david lee and harrison barnes, lol. if they're smart though, they'd take phoenix's valuable pieces and picks. the only better alternative would be if boston gets a top three pick. yet, if i'm boston, i'm not trading a top three in this draft for the defenseless-stat-padding love. so, again, minny's best option is phoenix. and IMO, phoenix is perfectly designed for him.

i actually read an article on it here...
http://hoopshabit.com/2014/05/19/5-reasons-kevin-loves-best-option-phoenix-suns/
(if anyone has a good response from a differing perspective on this article i'd like to read it, please.)

ballzofpeaze
05-19-2014, 07:21 PM
Yeah... I guess you missed the memo that you'll never get market value for a player who is forcing his way out. Lee+Barnes+1st is about as good as you could possibly hope for given the circumstances.

And you not considering Klay+Lee+Barnes is just straight up potato. Let me guess, Klay just shoots threes and isn't a top notch defender, right?

Water under the bridge, Warriors would never trade Klay.

i still think the dubs should be willing to give up klay if it means love.. of course i don't want it but fuark Love and Curry is a ridiculous offensive combo.

i don't want the dubs to give up klay but if they MUST then i think it's worth it.

I OuTsiDeR I
05-19-2014, 07:25 PM
i still think the dubs should be willing to give up klay if it means love.. of course i don't want it but fuark Love and Curry is a ridiculous offensive combo.

i don't want the dubs to give up klay but if they MUST then i think it's worth it.I don't think so, Klay is a better defender at his position and 3 pt shooter than Love.

If I trusted Love in the post on offense, I would think about it. I don't.

thelast10
05-19-2014, 08:56 PM
The Clippers wouldn't even consider trading Griffin for Melo, and I don't care how you feel about the guy, Melo is better than Kevin Love.... So I HIGHLY doubt the Clippers would trade BG for K.Love....

I know this is about a 1% scenario, but I think K-Love would be a great addition to the Wizards... A 1st round pick and Nene for Love... I am pretty sure the Wiz have the cap space, especially if they trade Nene or Gortat even, but I think NeNe would make more sense... Then that gives a PF (I am pretty sure Nene is a PF) to Min. and a 1st round pick... They may have to throw another player in, depends on how long they wait on trading him, and if Love is even willing to sign there, but some young talent there, in a MUCH MUCH MUCH easier Conference.... Just a thought I am throwing out there....

RoxasBrah
05-19-2014, 09:11 PM
........wait what.

23.3 6.3 vs GS

23.8 8.8 vs OKC lol53%-GS series

46%- OKC series.

Please tell me the difference between playing Lee/Draymond vs. Ibaka/Adams.

He got more rebounds, because DJ wasn't on the floor as often as the series before.

sdballer5588
05-19-2014, 09:48 PM
53%-GS series

46%- OKC series.

Please tell me the difference between playing Lee/Draymond vs. Ibaka/Adams.

He got more rebounds, because DJ wasn't on the floor as often as the series before.

Lol, strong explanation. Neglible percent difference and an increase in points rebounds and assists

Lol.