PDA

View Full Version : Can we all agree Melo>>CPZero, Dwight>>CPZero, Dirk>>CPZero, Duncan>>CPZero....

SompletelyCober
05-16-2014, 01:11 AM
+like 10 others.....all in their current forms

including:

Parker
Paul George
Derrick Rose
Westbrook
Z-Bo
Marc Gasol
Noah
etc.

Let's not get started on young guys with potential- AD

Follow me here...this little kunt is supposed to be the third best player in the league but he can't even get to a CONFERENCE finals.

Enough. He had Peja, David West, and Chandler on the Hornets.

He may have the BEST supporting cast in the entire league on the Clippers. (brb Blake is now a top 10 player (3rd in MVP voting), brb Jordan is damn near DPOY, brb 6th man of the year, brb shooters, brb defenders, brb amazing bench, brb top 5 coach)

He can't get it done. RIP CPZero.

At least with these other guys you can say they made it to the third round of the playoffs.

With CPZero you KNOW he won't lead you to sh!t. So guess what- you give me Melo or Dwight or Noah etc. over CPZero and I take them 100 times out of 100. This midget can't get it done. Maybe they would be able to with the amazing support CPZero has on the Clips.

http://www.thefumble.com/sites/captainwag.com/files/Fumble_Flop_03.gif

Day1086
05-16-2014, 01:13 AM
edit curry into your post

SompletelyCober
05-16-2014, 01:16 AM
Dead srs, based on potential, I'd take Curry, Rondo (ok, he went to the finals and won a ring but he wasn't the #1 option), Aldridge, Lillard, Davis, Love.

Maybe they get it done. Maybe they don't. If they don't, what exactly am I losing? A trip to the first/ second round every year?

ThatKindaGuy
05-16-2014, 01:19 AM
supposed to be the third best player in the league

http://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/03/Kevin-Hart-What-GIF.gif

Not even the best on his own team. Who in his right mind, if given the choice, would rather build a team around CP than Griffin ?!

CP is a great point guard as a floor general, orchestrating the offense, but he believes his own hype and thinks he is a scorer, which hurts the entire team.

MurkinSeason
05-16-2014, 01:19 AM
It takes a team.

Unless you're Lebron.
Or Durant

Or Kobe

Or D Rose

Or Dwight

Who am I kidding it's the NBA

DKPhenomenom
05-16-2014, 01:20 AM
Lol @ calling out CP3 for not winning and then proceeding to list a bunch of players you'd take over him that haven't done chit.

ThatKindaGuy
05-16-2014, 01:22 AM
Lol @ calling out CP3 for not winning and then proceeding to list a bunch of players you'd take over him that haven't done chit.

So Dirk and Timmy "haven't done chit"? Mkay ...

DKPhenomenom
05-16-2014, 01:23 AM
So Dirk and Timmy "haven't done chit"? Mkay ...

Did I specify which players I was talking about? Nope.

There are a bunch of players he listed that haven't achieved chit. My post stands.

SompletelyCober
05-16-2014, 01:28 AM
Here's my list:

Parker
Paul George
Derrick Rose
Westbrook
Z-Bo
Marc Gasol
Noah

And in the OP I named Melo, Dwight, Dirk and Duncan

That's 11 players.

Please point out how CPZero has advanced further than those 11 players who "haven't done chit" in his decade long career.

Since most of these guys have done nothing I'll expect at least 6 names.

ThatKindaGuy
05-16-2014, 01:31 AM
Did I specify which players I was talking about? Nope.

There are a bunch of players he listed that haven't achieved chit. My post stands.

But the majority has. Has CP ever made it to the conference finals? (srs question, I can't remember seeing him in any off the top of my head ...)

- Dwight: DPOY, made it further in the playoffs than CP (finals against the LakeShow in 09)
- Dirk: 1 ring
- Timmy: more rings
- Parker: rings, rings, rings ...
- DRose: MVP and EC finals against the Heat
- Westbrook: Finals

Noah obv made it as far as Rose in 2011, dunno about ZBo and Gasol tbh, never properly followed their careers, but I assume they may be the only ones other than Melo who have a playoffs track record as bad as CP.

Edit: right, missed Paul George, obv advancing further than CP.

crackersmaker
05-16-2014, 01:36 AM
literally no one thinks he is the third best player in the league, he probably wouldn't even make most peoples top 10 da fuk are you smokin op?

SompletelyCober
05-16-2014, 01:37 AM
But the majority has. Has CP ever made it to the conference finals? (srs question, I can't remember seeing him in any off the top of my head ...)

- Dwight: DPOY, made it further in the playoffs than CP (finals against the LakeShow in 09)

Noah obv made it as far as Rose in 2011, dunno about ZBo and Gasol tbh, never properly followed their careers, but I assume they may be the only ones other than Melo who have a playoffs track record as bad as CP.

Z bo and Gasol- conference finals last year

Melo- conference finals in Denver vs the Lakers

CPZero- Zero conference finals

literally no one thinks he is the third best player in the league, he probably wouldn't even make most peoples top 10 da fuk are you smokin op?

Please do a google search and find all major preseason NBA player rankings.

I've never seen him listed below #4, and he's usually listed at #3 behind LeBron and Durant.

Examples:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nba/photos/1309/top-100-nba-players-of-2014/98/

http://sports.yahoo.com/photos/top-10-nba-players-of-2014-1380123489-slideshow/

#3 in both

FGCHENG
05-16-2014, 01:42 AM
Hard to believe CP3 never made a conference champion game, and he's supposedly the best PG in the league.

DKPhenomenom
05-16-2014, 01:48 AM

Take the EC players out for a start, you can't compare the level of competition between the 2 Conferences. Dwight = 2 first round exits in the West.

Melo has been trash in the playoffs for most of his career.

Dirk was better, Timmy was obv better, Parker has played with the GOAT PF and hasn't even been the 2nd best player on some of those championships. and Westbrook plays second fiddle to KD.

And if you'd honestly take Z-Bo or Gasol over CP3 then I question your sanity.

ThatKindaGuy
05-16-2014, 01:53 AM
Take the EC players out for a start, ...

You specifically said "achieved" in the post I replied to - and those players I listed "achieved" more. To answer your implied question: no, I wouldn't take Gasol or ZBo over CP, but you spoke about achievements and all of them have some over CP. Thats all I measured them with against each other.

FGCHENG
05-16-2014, 02:01 AM
Hard to believe CP3 never made a conference champion game, and he's supposedly the best PG in the league.

Take the EC players out for a start, you can't compare the level of competition between the 2 Conferences. Dwight = 2 first round exits in the West.

Melo has been trash in the playoffs for most of his career.

Dirk was better, Timmy was obv better, Parker has played with the GOAT PF and hasn't even been the 2nd best player on some of those championships. and Westbrook plays second fiddle to KD.

And if you'd honestly take Z-Bo or Gasol over CP3 then I question your sanity.

Agreed. I totally disregarded the fact that CP3 has played in the Western Conference his entire career. He'd easily make the ECF most years if he played in the leastern conference.

DKPhenomenom
05-16-2014, 02:03 AM
You specifically said "achieved" in the post I replied to - and those players I listed "achieved" more. To answer your implied question: no, I wouldn't take Gasol or ZBo over CP, but you spoke about achievements and all of them have some over CP. Thats all I measured them with against each other.

I don't even know what you're trying to argue, the whole point of the thread is who you'd take over CP3. I also don't see making the ECF by beating teams that wouldn't be in the playoffs in the West as any kind of achievement.

SighGR
05-16-2014, 02:12 AM
When Melo went to the Conference Finals, they dominated cp3's team, and tied for the worst loss in playoff history

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=290427003

How you lose by 58?

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img716/5576/mv6.gif

ThatKindaGuy
05-16-2014, 02:13 AM
Well, I am talking about facts (i.e. achievements, things that actually happened), you are talking about hypotheticals (if he was in the East, etc.), so I assume thats where any misunderstandings come from.

When Melo went to the Conference Finals, they swept cp3's team, and tied for the worst loss in playoff history

http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/recap?gameId=290427003

4 pts and 6 assists ... thats some Hibbert-level-sht

RAdaRuggedMan
05-16-2014, 02:14 AM
Lol at the subtle trolling, including Melo, the man with the worst career postseason record.

RAdaRuggedMan
05-16-2014, 02:16 AM

Casual fan detected. Not like Memphis was in the WCF LAST YEAR or anything.

DKPhenomenom
05-16-2014, 02:34 AM
Well, I am talking about facts (i.e. achievements, things that actually happened), you are talking about hypotheticals (if he was in the East, etc.), so I assume thats where any misunderstandings come from.

So what you're really saying is that you just want to throw context and common sense out the window because it hurts your "argument" and base someone's career off of how far they made it in the playoffs.

Brb Jason Richardson > Tracy McGrady because he made it further in the playoffs.

ThatKindaGuy
05-16-2014, 02:58 AM
Brb Jason Richardson > Tracy McGrady because he made it further in the playoffs.

You are being silly because its easier to drag this discussion into the realm of comedy than to admit that hypotheticals don't measure up against facts. YOU, YOURSELF talked about achievements, so I don't know why you are so opposed to them being a measurement tool. Whatever.

As far as Richardson: the players listed are all the #1 or #2 on their respective teams, and you know it fully well. At least I hope so.

DKPhenomenom
05-16-2014, 03:03 AM
You are being silly because its easier to drag this discussion into the realm of comedy than to admit that hypotheticals don't measure up against facts. YOU, YOURSELF talked about achievements, so I don't know why you are so opposed to them being a measurement tool. Whatever.

As far as Richardson: the players listed are all the #1 or #2 on their respective teams, and you know it fully well. At least I hope so.

You're completely missing the point so I'm just going to stop.

You're trying to argue achievement w/o any context.

ThatKindaGuy
05-16-2014, 04:21 AM
You're completely missing the point so I'm just going to stop.

You're trying to argue achievement w/o any context.

Thats ok - I was actually not trying to discredit CP, but to find some balance between OPs position of saying CP is sht and you, saying that the guys listed "haven't done chit".

He is a great PG, but should never be the #1 choice/pick to build a team around.

skillz17
05-16-2014, 05:02 AM
A point guard that flops as much as he does is never going to be taken seriously to the extent of anyone thinking that he will actually achieve anything other than being a perennial leading pg in the league.
Rondo won a ring and was not the best player on his team.
But the dude straight outhussled jwill on that play - will power.
Shot a freethrow and played through a broken elbow - will power.

If Paul had a broken elbow, his head would simply fall off, just as a mere side effect lmao.

JetLife21
05-16-2014, 06:00 AM
Casual fan detected. Not like Memphis was in the WCF LAST YEAR or anything.

Let's be real, they only made it because Westbrook was injured.

gentao
05-16-2014, 06:02 AM
wish i had reps to give you op for this well thought out post. srs

ballzofpeaze
05-16-2014, 06:14 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v298/miyochan/GIFS/kenmadclap.gif

OP, you are on the money srs.

jross2021
05-16-2014, 07:10 AM
I'd agree except... I'm not sure LeLayup could get to the conference finals in the west either.

GriffinForce
05-16-2014, 08:01 AM
lol put CP3 in the poverty east and he'd have at least 3 ECF appearances already srs

RAdaRuggedMan
05-16-2014, 08:35 AM
Let's be real, they only made it because Westbrook was injured.
OKC got out of the first round because Westbrick was injured.

anxietybrah
05-16-2014, 08:45 AM
Chris Paul is talent and skill wise definitely comparable to the all time great point guards, but he suffers from the same problem as most current point guards in that he thinks he should score 20+ points a game, which he shouldn't. If Paul had played like Stockton or Kidd instead and averaged something like 15ppg and 14apg while constantly moving the ball then the Clippers would be better.

What many don't seem to get is that a good point guard doesn't need the ball in his hands all the time. Watch prime Kidd or Magic how they were constantly moving the ball getting everyone involved making a pass, setting a screen, getting the ball back, quickly making a new pass. Keeping the offense running and moving all the time. Paul and most current point guards, dribble way too much and do way too much pick and roll, which makes 3 out of 5 players stand around looking and not getting into a rhythm. Good luck getting the casual fan to understand that though.

A point guard can be a better player with significantly less impressive stats than what Paul has this playoff.

arya24
05-16-2014, 09:03 AM
Chris Paul is talent and skill wise definitely comparable to the all time great point guards, but he suffers from the same problem as most current point guards in that he thinks he should score 20+ points a game, which he shouldn't. If Paul had played like Stockton or Kidd instead and averaged something like 15ppg and 14apg while constantly moving the ball then the Clippers would be better.

What many don't seem to get is that a good point guard doesn't need the ball in his hands all the time. Watch prime Kidd or Magic how they were constantly moving the ball getting everyone involved making a pass, setting a screen, getting the ball back, quickly making a new pass. Keeping the offense running and moving all the time. Paul and most current point guards, dribble way too much and do way too much pick and roll, which makes 3 out of 5 players stand around looking and not getting into a rhythm. Good luck getting the casual fan to understand that though.

A point guard can be a better player with significantly less impressive stats than what Paul has this playoff.

nice analysis. repped

khanvictt
05-16-2014, 09:36 AM
Good luck getting the casual fan to understand that though.

exactly this in regards to the knowledge OP is dropping. I was never sold on cp0's game his entire career because of all the reasons mentioned ITT. He is nothing but a poor man's Damon Stoudamire.

fosmannh
05-16-2014, 09:41 AM
I've seen CPZero play twice live, both against the Spurs, and both times he got completely dominated. First time he had 4 points and 3 assists while Tony Parker made him look like his bitch. The second time, CPZero had a slightly better performance but he got manhandled by Patty Mills since Tony Parker was injured. After seeing these two games, I can't understand all the hype around him

SompletelyCober
05-16-2014, 12:35 PM
Skip went in on CPZero being a "superstar" and top 3-5 player this morning. Made some good points and went over a lot of the things I've brought up and believe.

Go to 12:30 to hear it

-JGrN8WplpY

HarpoonBrah
05-16-2014, 01:43 PM
Wade is also >>> CP3

GetBigyo
05-16-2014, 02:54 PM
Let's not act like he lost to the MVP.

ThaWorldIsYours
05-16-2014, 03:11 PM
+like 10 others.....all in their current forms

including:

Parker
Paul George
Derrick Rose
Westbrook
Z-Bo
Marc Gasol
Noah
etc.

Let's not get started on young guys with potential- AD

Follow me here...this little kunt is supposed to be the third best player in the league but he can't even get to a CONFERENCE finals.

I wouldn't take a single one of those players over CP3. Obviously Dirk & Timmy if they weren't old as fukk. But the rest, nah. Westbrook I'd have to think hard about but would rather have CP3 ultimately. MELO?????? lol. Rose? George? These guys have barely advanced further than CP3 despite being in the East. The Bulls got a gentlemen's sweep by Miami, big fukking deal.

I'd take LeBron, Durant, Anthony Davis over him. Maybe Boogie Cousins, the other member of your hilarious flop GIF.

Enough. He had Peja, David West, and Chandler on the Hornets.

LOL.

GetBigyo
05-16-2014, 03:14 PM
OP bashes Paul for not advancing to WCF yet says he'd rather have Noah.

What has Noah done without Rose? Bulls got bounced by the Wizards...Clippers lost to an MVP led team. Clippers would sweep every team in the East besides Miami.

Schmyzz
05-16-2014, 04:12 PM
a team lead by a point guard hasn't won anything since the pistons and lakers in the 80s

Shortstop36
05-16-2014, 04:30 PM
Rondo>Cp3

Earlier in the year i got **** on all the time for saying this, i feel like the Cp3 hype is finally dying down.

GetBigyo
05-16-2014, 04:50 PM
Rondo>Cp3

Earlier in the year i got **** on all the time for saying this, i feel like the Cp3 hype is finally dying down.

The same Rondo who has done jack **** without an AS cast.