PDA

View Full Version : Very discouraged

doubledee1967
05-15-2014, 02:31 PM
I just began or was supposed to begin phase 3 of Jamie Easons 12 week program only to find out there is a lot of jumping involved. My 47 year old knees cannot take impact. I'm guessing I'll just leave those out and stick with cardio.....????

eomrat
05-15-2014, 03:40 PM
I just began or was supposed to begin phase 3 of Jamie Easons 12 week program only to find out there is a lot of jumping involved. My 47 year old knees cannot take impact. I'm guessing I'll just leave those out and stick with cardio.....????

Absolutely. Just get the calories burned in a way that suits you.

Frnkd
05-16-2014, 02:52 PM
have you tried swimming? or adapting the moves to the pool. You would be surprised how much energy and resistance deep water has and yet almost zero impact on your knees. of course you are competing with little old ladies...hahaha.

I swam for my cardio to that reason, along with diet I have seen great results. I continue to use swimming as the main cardio I do.

paolo59
05-16-2014, 03:53 PM
Don't be discouraged brother! Adaptation is the rule. :) There's always a way to get around any obstacle. The two suggestions so far are both excellent ones!

yuppers12
05-16-2014, 03:56 PM
I just began or was supposed to begin phase 3 of Jamie Easons 12 week program only to find out there is a lot of jumping involved. My 47 year old knees cannot take impact. I'm guessing I'll just leave those out and stick with cardio.....???? pick a different program?