PDA

View Full Version : Doc Rivers fined $25,000 for criticizing officials

neighborr
05-15-2014, 10:15 AM
Lmfao @ the NBA. Getting harder and harder to watch. Fining someone 25,000 for respectfully saying he thinks they made the wrong call (when it WAS the wrong call). It's not like he cursed them out and said they were the worst officials ever. He actually complimented them, calling them great officials, but said he disagrees with the call.

NBA is so politically correct it's disgusting

MrAWatts
05-15-2014, 10:18 AM
You're not surprised are you? Literally everyone knew this was coming. It is against the rules to criticize officials. Is it a bit overdone? Yeah. Don't want to get fined? Don't do it.

neighborr
05-15-2014, 10:20 AM
You're not surprised are you? Literally everyone knew this was coming. It is against the rules to criticize officials. Is it a bit overdone? Yeah. Don't want to get fined? Don't do it.

No not surprised. Knew this was coming but still makes me mad. Why is it against the rules to respectfully disagree with an official? It's stupid in my opinion.

HoustonMiscer
05-15-2014, 10:24 AM
Doc pls. You ain't no JVG. JVG got fined $1M back in the day.

WRXbrah
05-15-2014, 10:25 AM
They won't give any leeway because its a slippery slope after that. Do I agree with it? Nope

There are bad calls every game. You want to see every coach crying about calls in a close game?

BadaBingBdaBoom
05-15-2014, 10:26 AM
When I heard the NBA came out and said it was the right call, I facepalmed. The ball was CLEARLY out on Jackson. The same damn thing happened to the Nets last night but it worked out in their favor.

JetLife21
05-15-2014, 10:28 AM
Not even mad as the refs got the call right. The defender should never be rewarded for hacking the **** out of the offensive players arm which leads to the ball going out of bounds. Doc should have spent his time bitching to CP3 instead of the refs.

JetLife21
05-15-2014, 10:29 AM
When I heard the NBA came out and said it was the right call, I facepalmed. The ball was CLEARLY out on Jackson. The same damn thing happened to the Nets last night but it worked out in their favor.

What are you talking about? They made the same call last night as they did in the OKC game. Lebron hacked Pierce's arm which caused the ball to go out of bounds off of Pierce. Brooklyn kept possession.

Aesthetical
05-15-2014, 10:39 AM
Not even mad as the refs got the call right. The defender should never be rewarded for hacking the **** out of the offensive players arm which leads to the ball going out of bounds. Doc should have spent his time bitching to CP3 instead of the refs.

This^

Shortstop36
05-15-2014, 10:40 AM
What are you talking about? They made the same call last night as they did in the OKC game. Lebron hacked Pierce's arm which caused the ball to go out of bounds off of Pierce. Brooklyn kept possession.

Yeah i was heated at that OKC/LAC call, however when they kept the same call the next game i was cool with it because the refs need to be consistent atleast.

brb_ballin
05-15-2014, 11:09 AM
Lmfao @ the NBA. Getting harder and harder to watch. Fining someone 25,000 for respectfully saying he thinks they made the wrong call (when it WAS the wrong call). It's not like he cursed them out and said they were the worst officials ever. He actually complimented them, calling them great officials, but said he disagrees with the call.

you're not only new to basketball you're new to sports in general apparently.

it is well known that criticizing the officials to the media and you will be fined.

Texans14
05-15-2014, 11:27 AM
I understand the fines, but would love to see the NBA upper management be fined anytime a ref makes a mistake. So Crawford makes a mistake, Doc Rivers complains is fined 25k. The call was clearly wrong now Adam Silver has to pay 25k of his salary to some charity. The NBA just needs to own up to how corrupt they are.

Pexterra
05-15-2014, 11:29 AM

Its rule in the NBA that you can't criticize refs.

Pexterra
05-15-2014, 11:30 AM

this, if the refs are making up for not calling the foul then I accept that.

Texans14
05-15-2014, 11:36 AM
I'm not trying to penalize the refs who make 50k(no clue what they make)??? a season. But their employer(Adam Silver) who makes just as much or more than most NBA players.

ErnieWinchester
05-15-2014, 12:07 PM
The NBA is too predicable, Clips will win the next 2 games, the league will push for it because of their endangered franchise.

jross2021
05-15-2014, 12:11 PM
I'm not trying to penalize the refs who make 50k(no clue what they make)??? a season. But their employer(Adam Silver) who makes just as much or more than most NBA players.

The NBA (National Basketball Association) pays referees. Referees make between $75,000 and $300,000 per year, depending on their seniority and the games in which they participate.

so basically Joey Crawford is making 300k a year to be a jackass.

RoxasBrah
05-15-2014, 12:35 PM
Not even mad as the refs got the call right. The defender should never be rewarded for hacking the **** out of the offensive players arm which leads to the ball going out of bounds. Doc should have spent his time bitching to CP3 instead of the refs.This.

I bet he wasn't crying about the no call when CP3 fouled Curry on the last shot. Fukc that b!tch.

LiveOnce
05-15-2014, 12:54 PM
It was a crime what the refs did , no doubt.

NBA is set on okc vs heat finals--too predictable. Clips blowout tonight then lose in game 7. Easy peezy

broboma2012
05-15-2014, 01:06 PM
the exaggeration of that call is ridiculous. if the ball had been awarded to the clips it would have been more unfair. the reaction would have been exactly the same

METALxGEAR
05-15-2014, 07:16 PM
25k big ****in deal thats like a quarter to him should have just kept his mouth shut

Machuka
05-15-2014, 07:56 PM
ITT replays don't actually serve to review the call, but to do what they think is right or just