PDA

View Full Version : Measles Vaccine wipes out cancer!!!

Old-Time-Lifter
05-15-2014, 09:58 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2014/05/15/woman-cancer-wiped-out-by-measles-virus/

This is incredible to say the least!! Their summary of how it works is too simplistic but the implications are incredible!

In a breakthrough that could offer new hope to people with some kinds of cancer, Mayo Clinic researchers say they managed to wipe out a woman's cancer with a blast of measles vaccine strong enough to inoculate 10 million people.

The 50-year-old woman's blood cancer, which had spread through her body, went into complete remission after the vaccine dose and Stacy Erholtz has been clear of the disease for more than six months.

Phattso
05-15-2014, 10:03 AM
First, I thought this was a joke. But, no joke. Thanks for posting, OTL.

thomashenry
05-15-2014, 10:46 AM
That would be a massive Breakthrough not too mention a Godsend of Hope for Millions !

FlaIronMind
05-15-2014, 11:27 AM
Incredible. Thank you for sharing this.

theKurp
05-15-2014, 11:47 AM
I don't get it. The headline states that the woman's cancer was "wiped out" with no signs of the disease after six months. Yet in the same article it states,
The trial involved two patients with multiple myeloma, and the second failed to go into complete remission, with the cancer returning after nine months.

Help me with my math here. It's a failure when the cancer returns after 9 months but a complete success when it hasn't returned in six months?

latebloomingmom
05-15-2014, 12:55 PM
more follow up long term studies are obviously needed to see if the cancer stays in remission and for how many

GuyJin
05-15-2014, 02:39 PM
Roy, it's waaaaaaaaaaaay too early for them to say the trials are a success. They tested two people. One recovered, one did not. Additionally, the person who did recover may have done so because of other factors. Spontaneous remission (or medical miracles, if you like) do happen. Not saying that this isn't a good thing--it is. Also not saying that it isn't a step in the right direction--maybe it is. But they're gonna need a lot more trials to see if using that measles vaccine will work or not.

Old-Time-Lifter
05-15-2014, 05:06 PM
Roy, it's waaaaaaaaaaaay too early for them to say the trials are a success. They tested two people. One recovered, one did not. Additionally, the person who did recover may have done so because of other factors. Spontaneous remission (or medical miracles, if you like) do happen. Not saying that this isn't a good thing--it is. Also not saying that it isn't a step in the right direction--maybe it is. But they're gonna need a lot more trials to see if using that measles vaccine will work or not.

Of course more studies are needed but thus far it is highly interesting to say the least.

Even for it to go into remission for a period of time shows that something is going on...

pharmamarketer
05-15-2014, 06:24 PM
The trial involved two people. The jury is out but it's nice to see it worked for one person.

TacoTommy11
06-10-2014, 12:08 PM
I don't get it. The headline states that the woman's cancer was "wiped out" with no signs of the disease after six months. Yet in the same article it states,

Help me with my math here. It's a failure when the cancer returns after 9 months but a complete success when it hasn't returned in six months?

The second person person that it failed on after nine months still had signs of cancer all along. Meaning they never went into complete remission. Cancer was still very active in their body.

The 50 year old that was "wiped out" was in full remission for 6 months. It is worth stating that her cancer is considered uncurable and for the first time showed being cleared of the disease completely. Does this mean she is cured? No. Not yet, but it is a good sign in the right direction.

They stated in the video the injected the high dose of Measles into a tumor, literally ringing a bell to the bodies immune system to come fight in this area as first priority.

Also stated that they were going to try this in a larger-scale study in the future. Pretty sure they will stick with patients that are on "trials" and have nothing left to lose as conventional treatments aren't working efficiently or have stopped working completely.

It will be interesting to see what if any patients reactions are that are suffering from an auto-immune disease along with cancer at the same time like myself.

Thanks for posting :)