PDA

View Full Version : Not gaining on 200/600/(80-100) fack

BRlAN
05-15-2014, 12:01 AM
Around 178lbs currently at 5'10 putting my calculated bmr at 1830. Slowly worked the macros up to 200g protein, 600g carbs and 80-100g fats. Which puts has put me at ~4000 calories a day. No physical activity aside from gym sessions and walking to and from the gym (10 minutes each way). Been on these macros for past 3~ weeks and haven't seen any weight fluctuation and it's really starting to get annoying (the last thing I want to do is resort to a dirty bulk), but prepping 4k calories worth of meals is such a pita.

I'm wondering if I can fit anything else into my macros and get away with it? IE are my fats still low enough where I can just just add somewhat fatty foods etc.
One thing I'm trying to do now though was before I was in the gym 6 days a week (I've always realized I can accomplish the same goals in 4 days I just like going every day) anyways in hopes to burn less calories over the week I've switched over to a 4 day split.

AlwaysTryin
05-15-2014, 12:14 AM
Around 178lbs currently at 5'10 putting my calculated bmr at 1830. Slowly worked the macros up to 200g protein, 600g carbs and 80-100g fats. Which puts has put me at ~4000 calories a day. No physical activity aside from gym sessions and walking to and from the gym (10 minutes each way). Been on these macros for past 3~ weeks and haven't seen any weight fluctuation and it's really starting to get annoying (the last thing I want to do is resort to a dirty bulk), but prepping 4k calories worth of meals is such a pita.

I'm wondering if I can fit anything else into my macros and get away with it? IE are my fats still low enough where I can just just add somewhat fatty foods etc.

One thing I'm trying to do now though was before I was in the gym 6 days a week (I've always realized I can accomplish the same goals in 4 days I just like going every day) anyways in hopes to burn less calories over the week I've switched over to a 4 day split.

I'm not sure what you mean? If you aren't gaining, eat more calories from fat/carbs/protein as you choose.

ThunderBee
05-15-2014, 12:37 AM
Your new split might also be helpful, gym 6 days a week doesn't leave much time for recovery so part of the problem could have been overtraining. I'd still experiment adding 100-200 calories until you start to gain weight.