PDA

View Full Version : Kerr to Warriors

mk8
05-14-2014, 05:20 PM
Steve Kerr has agreed to a 5 year, approximately $25 million deal with Golden State, source tells Yahoo.

OutWorkedByNo1
05-14-2014, 05:22 PM
wow,thought he was a lock for the Knicks job.

MasterQueef
05-14-2014, 05:22 PM
Warriors sure love hiring forner TNT announcers.

mabidi
05-14-2014, 05:23 PM
http://gifsoup.com/view4/3908437/phil-jackson-head-shake-o.gif

Chitownkid
05-14-2014, 05:23 PM
him and curry are going to have shooting contests in practice

just4kickz
05-14-2014, 05:24 PM
Warriors sure love hiring forner TNT announcers.
Jackson was actually an ESPN commentator.

MasterQueef
05-14-2014, 05:24 PM
Jackson was actually an ESPN commentator.

Really chit my bad then.

Anyways what experience does Kerr have?

RAdaRuggedMan
05-14-2014, 05:25 PM
Simply judging from his commentary, he is a giant potato. Will be surprised if golden state finishes over. 500 next year now.

Tony_S
05-14-2014, 05:29 PM
Simply judging from his commentary, he is a giant potato. Will be surprised if golden state finishes over. 500 next year now.

Pretty much

He's an OK commentator but as a coach I don't think hell do well. Hope I'm wrong though.

Malfa
05-14-2014, 05:30 PM
what's next step for the knicks?

inb4JVGthegoat

isp
05-14-2014, 05:34 PM
Calipari to NYK

lebron to follow.

TaeBoNinja
05-14-2014, 05:37 PM
He'll ruin GS like he ruined Phoenix

dsync
05-14-2014, 05:40 PM
Warriors Management/Ownership going full potato.

RAdaRuggedMan
05-14-2014, 05:47 PM
This. Phoenix still hasn't recovered from the Shawn Marion trade.

mk8
05-14-2014, 05:52 PM
What do Golden State brahs think?

05-14-2014, 05:52 PM
Even if he ends up being nothing special, hopefully he'll have the mental capacity to actually run offensive sets unlike Jackson. People still want to defend that potato coach despite not watching the Warriors at all.

Excited to see what Kerr can do.

What do Golden State brahs think?

At the very worst, he still can't be worse than Jackson. Best case scenario is that he was coached by the two greatest coaches in NBA history and follows right in their footsteps.

nvrstopworking
05-14-2014, 05:53 PM
in b4 Kerr vs. Curry 3 pt shootouts at practice.

Day1086
05-14-2014, 06:00 PM

Always funny to see the opinions of people who don't watch the warriors

This team would've won 55+ games easily if Jackson didn't constantly go full potato. They won 51 in spite of Jackson's incompetence

Mark Jackson beat curry in a 3 pt shootout

3000RT
05-14-2014, 06:01 PM
Owners would have looked like giant ****s if they didnt get Kerr. Now they just look like regular ****s

mk8
05-14-2014, 06:05 PM

Mark Jackson GOAT coach when it cones to shoot outs.

krowbro
05-14-2014, 06:15 PM
not happy at all really, i guess he's better than some options out there but we don't even know that for sure. we fired a doofus who atleast brought us chemistry and defense for a complete unknown who has proved to be rather uninspiring in his approach to coaching/GM.

i doubt we're going to run triangle and i don't know if he will try adapt from pop's offense. kerr also knows **** all about defense (same as MJax when he was a player but he atleast learned the schemes from malone) so if we regress on defense it will be awful

khanvictt
05-14-2014, 06:22 PM
i like kerr but GOODNIGHT SWEET GSW. no way they enter the post season back to back with 50+ wins like they did under MJAX

Dudeicus
05-14-2014, 06:26 PM
wow,thought he was a lock for the Knicks job.You and me both mane

Where does that leave the Knicks? Who is Phil's backup? All this time the perception was that Kerr was THE guy and Phil didn't want anyone else

rocketsfanumad
05-14-2014, 06:31 PM
Hope he drives that team to the ground, i hear curry doesn't like white coaches

AreolaBorealis
05-14-2014, 06:33 PM
The knicks job stinks. lmfao have to deal with that shyt media and melo as your franchise player everyday fuk that.

HoustonMiscer
05-14-2014, 07:01 PM
Warrior brahs you think Kerr will be a good coach? Tfw still Mchale

ROFLOLAWLMAO
05-14-2014, 07:09 PM
Suns brah checking in, good luck lmao

gswarrior510
05-14-2014, 07:40 PM
lol knicks, good luck with mark jackson

http://i.minus.com/iboiigf9LcWP3F.gif

This. Phoenix still hasn't recovered from the Shawn Marion trade.

Suns brah checking in, good luck lmao

R for retards.

The only reason Suns didnt win a ring in 2010 was because Kobe was going god mode on them. That's also the furthest Suns have ever been in playoffs. And that's with past prime Nash and Amare.

typical sports misc

ballzofpeaze
05-14-2014, 08:09 PM
always lol @ the opinions people have of the warriors..

e.g.

MJAX got us 51 wins
Warriors play good offense

but I'm indifferent about the Kerr signing. I wish that we got a head coach with experience, but I really think that Kerr has the potential to be a great coach and we're still relatively young.

The window for success still has maybe 3 or so years with the current group we have, so hopefully he can pull something together in that time.

We're still going to be better next year than this year just based off the young players projected improvement.

I OuTsiDeR I
05-14-2014, 10:00 PM

e.g.

MJAX got us 51 wins

but I'm indifferent about the Kerr signing. I wish that we got a head coach with experience, but I really think that Kerr has the potential to be a great coach and we're still relatively young.

The window for success still has maybe 3 or so years with the current group we have, so hopefully he can pull something together in that time.

We're still going to be better next year than this year just based off the young players projected improvement.With the options out there I didn't like the firing of MJax. The only thing I give MJAx was giving his players confidence in themselves, which is underrated IMO. Not a good X's and O's coach. Kerr is unproven and expectations will be too high for a first time coach. I would have wanted them to hire Hollins.

Day1086
05-14-2014, 10:09 PM
With the options out there I didn't like the firing of MJax. The only thing I give MJAx was giving his players confidence in themselves, which is underrated IMO. Not a good X's and O's coach. Kerr is unproven and expectations will be too high for a first time coach. I would have wanted them to hire Hollins.

I keep seeing this chit about jackson having his players motivated to play

Then why the fuk did they come out with 0 energy all season and constantly play from behind?

Why did they come out and drop easy must-win games like the one late in the season vs the knicks? or that slump in january where they kept losing to bad teams at home?

TexasMajor
05-14-2014, 10:11 PM
GSW needs to get rid of Bogut and pick up a solid center.

I OuTsiDeR I
05-14-2014, 10:29 PM
I keep seeing this chit about jackson having his players motivated to play

Then why the fuk did they come out with 0 energy all season and constantly play from behind?

Why did they come out and drop easy must-win games like the one late in the season vs the knicks? or that slump in january where they kept losing to bad teams at home?Not necessarily motivated to play, more so believe in themselves and there abilities. He gives Steph free reign to shoot as many 3's as he wants, without getting on him for some horrible shots. Imagine Steph playing for Pop, he would get yanked in a heartbeat for some of the shots he takes, cuz Pop don't care if you're Parker/Duncan or Mills.

Steph was as good as he was partly due to MJax allowing him to. He gases up Steph and Klay like no other, and when players have people believe in them, specifically their coach, they start to believe too, and get into a comfort zone. Sometimes I feel like he babies them way too much.

05-14-2014, 10:36 PM
GSW needs to get rid of Bogut and pick up a solid center.

Bogut is quietly one of the better centers in the NBA. He's one of the best defensive centers and a good passing and PnR player. Can't really create for himself but he's good for a consistent 8/10/2/2 every game as well as really scaring opponents away from the paint. Fans generally underrate him and overrate players like Harrison Barnes.

Such is nature though, you can't expect everyone to understand every team in depth.

I OuTsiDeR I
05-14-2014, 10:40 PM
Bogut is quietly one of the better centers in the NBA. He's one of the best defensive centers and a good passing and PnR player. Can't really create for himself but he's good for a consistent 8/10/2/2 every game as well as really scaring opponents away from the paint. Fans generally underrate him and overrate players like Harrison Barnes.

Such is nature though, you can't expect everyone to understand every team in depth.If they had him they are easily in the 2nd round. Small ball with him at C is the best of both worlds because you still have good D/rim protection and a spread offense.

WileyKat
05-14-2014, 10:42 PM
Mark Jackson talked a big game but constantly had his team underprepared, overwhlemed and just plain out of sync. We lost some crucial games against bottom feeder teams, we also beat some good ones on the road. Had we took care of business at home your looking at a 55+ win team with home court in the playoffs. Thats a big deal since we have the most vibrant fanbase in the nba.

Kerr is an unknown quantity but ill be damned if he cant get this team (with this much talent) far into the playoffs.

05-14-2014, 10:42 PM
If they had him they are easily in the 2nd round. Small ball with him at C is the best of both worlds because you still have good D/rim protection and a spread offense.

At the very least he would've stopped Jordan from fuking putting up 15/20 every night. Agreed though (no homer)

(semi homer)

wifestealer
05-14-2014, 10:43 PM
who is coaching the fukking knicks then???

also $5m/yr for 5 years as a rookie coach. in 3 years that will be as much as he made as a player for his entire career.

steve kerr made it.

TexasMajor
05-14-2014, 10:49 PM

Such is nature though, you can't expect everyone to understand every team in depth.

I never questioned his skill or ability. I'm saying get rid of him because he simply cant stay healthy.

nvrstopworking
05-14-2014, 10:51 PM
Mark Jackson talked a big game but constantly had his team underprepared, overwhlemed and just plain out of sync. We lost some crucial games against bottom feeder teams, we also beat some good ones on the road. Had we took care of business at home your looking at a 55+ win team with home court in the playoffs. Thats a big deal since we have the most vibrant fanbase in the nba.

Kerr is an unknown quantity but ill be damned if he cant get this team (with this much talent) far into the playoffs.

Raptor fans would like a word with you.

just4kickz
05-14-2014, 10:58 PM
I never questioned his skill or ability. I'm saying get rid of him because he simply cant stay healthy.
He has a hard time staying healthy. Hopefully Ezeli will come back next season to give Bogut the rest he desperately needs, especially close to the post-season.

I OuTsiDeR I
05-14-2014, 11:00 PM
At the very least he would've stopped Jordan from fuking putting up 15/20 every night. Probably the second most important person on the team.

Last year Lee goes down and Bogut off a bad leg w/Curry and crew go HAM on Denver, give Spurs the business, until Curry hurts ankle.

This year Take Fully loaded Clips coached by Doc to game 7 and the only reason they lost was having no size, to stop Jordan/Griffin.

ballzofpeaze
05-14-2014, 11:18 PM

We resigned him last year for a good price. I'm just happy it wasn't an elbow/ankle injury that took him out this year.

He'll be fine.

krowbro
05-14-2014, 11:19 PM

he is injury prone but a lot of his injuries were quite simply unavoidable, the elbow and ankle injury were freak extrinsic injuries which left him out for a long time respectively, but they could happen to anyone. over then those 2, he has been relatively ok for a big man. the broken rib was really just bad luck, aldridge shouldn't have put his knee up but those things happen; i think most athletes would have had an injury in that spot. it just happened to be an unlucky fracture in a dangerous place

WileyKat
05-14-2014, 11:32 PM
the elbow and ankle injury were freak extrinsic injuries which left him out for a long time respectively, but they could happen to anyone. over then those 2, he has been relatively ok for a big man. the broken rib was really just bad luck, aldridge shouldn't have put his knee up but those things happen; i think most athletes would have had an injury in that spot. it just happened to be an unlucky fracture in a dangerous place

like the mysterious shoulder injury when he slept and hurt himself.Like the degrading ankle bone that he sprains every other 3rd game? Like he has completely lost total semblance of of contributing offensively?

RAdaRuggedMan
05-14-2014, 11:46 PM
Always funny to see the opinions of people who don't watch the warriors

This team would've won 55+ games easily if Jackson didn't constantly go full potato. They won 51 in spite of Jackson's incompetence

Mark Jackson beat curry in a 3 pt shootout
I completely agree. Kerr will do that bad of a job.

Rebounds45
05-15-2014, 12:59 AM
inb4 Steve Blake tells Curry "if he comes off I'll be ready"

:D

3nt3r51l3nc3
05-15-2014, 02:54 AM
Inb4 phil is pissed off and decides to coach the knicks to multiple championships just to make sure kerr gets none

lsiberian
05-15-2014, 07:11 AM
I don't get it. Why didn't they hire Lionel Hollins? They already got an offense he could have got the D working and helped improved their front court play.

lsiberian
05-15-2014, 07:12 AM
Inb4 phil is pissed off and decides to coach the knicks to multiple championships just to make sure kerr gets none

Nah he's gonna mentor someone into a great coach. We'll be fun to see the Hawks vs Knicks. Pop's student vs Phil's student.

WestAfrica
05-15-2014, 08:54 AM
The knicks job stinks. lmfao have to deal with that shyt media and melo as your franchise player everyday fuk that.

Hey! You don't say that about Carmelo, I love him!

just4kickz
05-15-2014, 06:54 PM
Kerr's first interview.
*****://soundcloud.com/warriors/steve-kerr-on-knbr-with-tom-tolbert-51514

Anbob
05-15-2014, 07:23 PM
I don't get it. Why didn't they hire Lionel Hollins? They already got an offense he could have got the D working and helped improved their front court play.

Defense was good, best efficiency in the west last season, offense was mediocre, ranked 12th.

Day1086
05-15-2014, 07:39 PM

Lol this perfectly represents what the national perception of the warriors is ^

-Great offense
-No defense
-Shoot 30 threes a game
-Barnes is good
-Klay is a great offensive player with no D
-Iguodala was a bust
-Should've kept jarrett jack over iguodala
-Curry is constantly injured
-Mark Jackson turned the team around

All of which are completely wrong lmao

05-15-2014, 07:48 PM
Lol this perfectly represents what the national perception of the warriors is ^

-Great offense
-No defense
-Shoot 30 threes a game
-Barnes is good
-Klay is a great offensive player with no D
-Iguodala was a bust
-Should've kept jarrett jack over iguodala
-Curry is constantly injured
-Mark Jackson turned the team around

All of which are completely wrong lmao

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-tTG4jsBcHjI/Ux_VTbIZBZI/AAAAAAAADsU/izsTW_Guck4/s1600/2.gif

Wait so that's not how the Warriors play basketball??

LetsRide21
12-07-2014, 10:38 AM
So many idiots in this thread

brb leading GSW to their best start ever

http://i44.tinypic.com/wldmi9.jpg

Shmible
06-16-2015, 10:14 PM
Wwwaaarrrriiioorrrrssss!!!!!

TaeBoNinja
06-16-2015, 10:19 PM
rekt

Dave P
06-16-2015, 11:22 PM
Epic Thread.

ballzofpeaze
06-16-2015, 11:28 PM

e.g.

MJAX got us 51 wins

We're still going to be better next year than this year just based off the young players projected improvement.

Interdasting I guess..

Rebounds45
06-16-2015, 11:35 PM
http://img.bleacherreport.net/img/images/photos/002/678/168/BcgQtwMIYAEayAy_crop_north.jpg?w=759&h=506&q=75

these photos could have potential for some funny captions :D
http://i.imgur.com/CSzkS.jpg
http://exnba.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/jordan-kerr-smileys.jpg

gswarrior510
06-17-2015, 01:16 AM
lol knicks, good luck with mark jackson

http://i.minus.com/iboiigf9LcWP3F.gif

R for retards.

The only reason Suns didnt win a ring in 2010 was because Kobe was going god mode on them. That's also the furthest Suns have ever been in playoffs. And that's with past prime Nash and Amare.

typical sports misc

in for the ring

TheFornicator1
06-17-2015, 01:24 AM
Damn, didn't know Kerr had so many doubters. Surprised people preferred Jackson.

AreolaBorealis
06-17-2015, 06:15 AM

Wizard status confirmed