PDA

View Full Version : NBA Rigged Theory (semi srs)

lvp2301
05-13-2014, 10:05 PM
2008 = Lakers vs Celtics (historical markets) Highest rated finals since 2004

2009 = Lakers vs Magic. However, i believe Lebron's Cavs was the plan for the 2009 as Kobe vs Lebron would be juicy. The Magic beat a KG-less Celtics and would live or die by the THREE with Howard cleaning up boards all the way to the finals.

2010 = Rematch from 08'

2011 = Newly formed Heat vs Mavs. 2006 rematch even though teams are different. Heat was the plan to win but Dirk's signature move was just unstoppable that year

2012 = Heat vs OKC. KD vs LeBron (Reminds me of Bird vs Magic right??)

2013 = Spurs vs Heat. (I can't find the reasoning behind this, but I think OKC rematch was preferred but Westbrook injury derailed plans. Maybe a rematch for LeBron vs Spurs from 2007)

2014= WCF winner = (Spurs vs OKC) vs Heat. Rematch of the last two finals. Spurs went to thrilling Game 7 and another KD vs LeBron like Bird vs Magic.

Discuss.

Pexterra
05-13-2014, 10:06 PM
no.

AestheticNoz
05-13-2014, 10:21 PM
I don't think it's rigged but there have been players like Sheed, Jeff Van Gundy and TMac who have called out the officials for giving phantom fouls on star players in clutch situations. Look at some of the calls on players fouling LeBron during the regular season and this postseason it seems like anything beyond a soft hit is called a flagrant foul whenever he is being fouled. Wade gets away with kicking guys in the crotch and flagrant 2s and yet he never gets suspended. The league is perfectly happy with him not playing for 1/3 of the season but throws a chitfit when Poppovich sends Duncan, Parker and Ginobili home for one game. Durant gets dodgy calls all game long which is why he leads the league in free throw attempts and Harden would be another Arron Afflalo if the refs didn't bail him out with a foul call when he drives.

N23
05-13-2014, 10:21 PM
When you have to draw out your reasonings to make them sound rigged, they aren't rigged. Only thing thats rigged in the NBA besides the occasional ref calls is the draft lottery

khanvictt
05-13-2014, 10:35 PM
how is lakers vs magic in 09 a conspiracy? potato

lvp2301
05-13-2014, 10:58 PM
how is lakers vs magic in 09 a conspiracy? potato

Caveliers had the top record. Lebron went 38 8 and 8 but they still lost.

Magic made 62 threes that 6 game series shooting about 40%. The Warriors this season made 67 threes made in a 7 game series vs the Clippers shooting 37%. They lived and died by the 3 and with Howard getting all the boards (Anderson Varejo vs Howard)and it was working cause when they were on fire in that postseason.

05-13-2014, 11:25 PM
No OP, what you just did was list some of the best teams from each season who happened to play against each other. I don't think there's any real argument for any of those finals match ups being rigged.

WApolo
05-14-2014, 02:38 AM
Occasional games maybe, the superstar calls are a real thing but those occur in any league at any level. If you've ever played competitively in something you know that the elite players get the benefit of the doubt in a call because the expectation is that they make everything.

ThatKindaGuy
05-14-2014, 02:50 AM
elite players get the benefit of the doubt in a call

/thread

95tilinfinity
05-14-2014, 03:06 AM
qjRcTiwVEwo
Definitely was a rigged game. Not sure about any of the series OP posted though.

05-14-2014, 04:37 AM
I don't think it's rigged but there have been players like Sheed, Jeff Van Gundy and TMac who have called out the officials for giving phantom fouls on star players in clutch situations. Look at some of the calls on players fouling LeBron during the regular season and this postseason it seems like anything beyond a soft hit is called a flagrant foul whenever he is being fouled. Wade gets away with kicking guys in the crotch and flagrant 2s and yet he never gets suspended. The league is perfectly happy with him not playing for 1/3 of the season but throws a chitfit when Poppovich sends Duncan, Parker and Ginobili home for one game. Durant gets dodgy calls all game long which is why he leads the league in free throw attempts and Harden would be another Arron Afflalo if the refs didn't bail him out with a foul call when he drives.

lol

zackarykapowski
05-14-2014, 04:53 AM
huge nba fan, and never am one to complain about officiating, but what happened last night was unreal. makes me almost want to stop watching. the clippers made some ignorant plays themselves, no doubt about that, but still, the games should not be decided by refs.