PDA

View Full Version : That was the most disgustingly rigged game I've ever seen in my life

RAdaRuggedMan
05-13-2014, 09:34 PM
We just witnessed an obvious display of Silverball. Puts game 6 of the 2002 WCF to shame. Clippers still made some unforced mistakes to lose the game, but I applaud them for keeping it so close despite playing 8v5.

gpg_prodigy
05-13-2014, 09:36 PM
agreed, sht's disgusting

bigthingz
05-13-2014, 09:37 PM
yep

hublife
05-13-2014, 09:42 PM
We just witnessed an obvious display of Silverball. Puts game 6 of the 2002 WCF to shame. Clippers still made some unforced mistakes to lose the game, but I applaud them for keeping it so close despite playing 8v5.

You're high off your ass if you actually believe that. Go back and rewatch that game.

qjRcTiwVEwo

BeatsbyYoda
05-13-2014, 09:44 PM
lol at nba

DKPhenomenom
05-13-2014, 09:46 PM
A Heat/Lebron fan making threads about rigged games...

Lol.

If it wasn't for the NBE rigging games the Heat would have exactly ZERO titles.

HartlMP
05-13-2014, 09:46 PM
Not as bad as 02 WCF, but pretty bad. Refs shouldn't be deciding games.

Proscar
05-13-2014, 09:48 PM
Game actually has me pissed off. That was just disgusting. Now I want the OKC refs to make the finals so Durant can be baptized by Lebron.

Fck Refbrook and DuRef

lvp2301
05-13-2014, 09:48 PM
A Heat/Lebron fan making threads about rigged games...

Lol.

If it wasn't for the NBE rigging games the Heat would have exactly ZERO titles.

Stop it. Almost lost last year if Ray Allen didn't save lebron's career

Pexterra
05-13-2014, 09:49 PM

ur a fuggin idiot. i bet 50% of games are rigged to you. stupid no avi bandwagon phaggot

dsync
05-13-2014, 09:51 PM
You're high off your ass if you actually believe that. Go back and rewatch that game.

qjRcTiwVEwo

This. This clippers game isn't even close. Ralph Nader petitioned the NBA over the SAC/LAL game!

RAdaRuggedMan
05-13-2014, 10:21 PM
http://instagram.com/p/n9w_t1rzfy/#

amikaelmorris
05-13-2014, 10:23 PM
http://instagram.com/p/n9w_t1rzfy/#

LOL

dude just loves getting fined huh

I OuTsiDeR I
05-13-2014, 10:27 PM
http://instagram.com/p/n9w_t1rzfy/#Says the guy getting away with a no call.

Calls go against your team = rigged
Calls go for your team = Good call/no call

bb185
05-13-2014, 10:30 PM
Lol NBA didn't force Paul to foul Westbrook on the 3 or have two horrendous late turnovers.

IsLifeRealLife
05-13-2014, 10:35 PM

lol @ comparing this to the Kings vs Lakers game.

I bet you didn't even watch that game phaggot

SNOTBOOGIE
05-13-2014, 10:58 PM
lol @ comparing this to the Kings vs Lakers game.

I bet you didn't even watch that game phaggot

This. I still think about that series and shake my head. Not even in the same universe as that game.

05-13-2014, 11:28 PM
I don't think there will ever be another game as rigged as that WCF game between the Lakers and Kings.. That's quite a hyperbole OP. The OKC favoritism at the end was horrible though.

Future24
05-13-2014, 11:29 PM
NBE fans:

BvTNyKIGXiI

TehScoTTmA
05-13-2014, 11:34 PM
Says the guy getting away with a no call.

Its a ****ing make up call for missing the obvious slap on the wrist. NBA told CP3 to get his cookies taken and slap the arm of Westbrook throwing up a bad shot?

JmanTheJuiceman
05-13-2014, 11:40 PM
Hahahahahahaahhahahahahahahaha

tential
05-13-2014, 11:53 PM
I just turned the game off in disgust. Didn't even want to hear any commentators/sports media talk about it/show replays.

Shortstop36
05-13-2014, 11:59 PM
Says the guy getting away with a no call.

are you a ****ing idiot? I mean forreal

It was a no call, and then they went to the monitor to make sure that the right team had the ball. WHICH THEY BLEW. THAT IS fuk it nvm i'm not even gonna feed the troll if the fat ***** doesn't get it, then he never will

Rebounds45
05-14-2014, 12:14 AM
lol you're just saying that it was worse than the 2002 Kings/LAL series to put down KD.

TehScoTTmA
05-14-2014, 12:17 AM
"Coogi, down, to the, socks, like I'm, Biggie poppa " - Russell WestGOAT

3000RT
05-14-2014, 12:24 AM
it really is amazing watching clip fans argue about calls

Tony_S
05-14-2014, 12:24 AM
Lol NBA didn't force Paul to foul Westbrook on the 3 or have two horrendous late turnovers.

that foul on westbrook can be called on 50% of the three pointers taken in NBA games. they just so happen to make that call, and then a no call on the final possession when cp gets slapped on the arm. all after they awarded the wrong team the ball on an out of bounds play, after clear evidence that proved otherwise. disgusting.

VANZFINEST
05-14-2014, 12:28 AM
REPS to anyone who can show me highlights/missed call....looks like NBA automatically removing that shiit from youtube..

http://fansided.com/2014/05/14/nba-refs-made-right-call-controversial-bounds-ruling-clippers-thunder-game/#!NlR5z

found it. i like how every thread here doesnt have a video..phaggots

Hardcore_D00d
05-14-2014, 02:53 AM
Im not even mad. phaggot cp3 and blake are the biggest floppers in the league

JetLife21
05-14-2014, 05:57 AM
that foul on westbrook can be called on 50% of the three pointers taken in NBA games. they just so happen to make that call, and then a no call on the final possession when cp gets slapped on the arm. all after they awarded the wrong team the ball on an out of bounds play, after clear evidence that proved otherwise. disgusting.

You're going full retard. The shooters elbow isn't hit on 50% of 3's and the refs made the right call on the out of bounds play. Do you even NBA rule book?

“If a player has his hand in contact with the ball and an opponent hits the hand causing the ball to go out-of-bounds, the team whose player had his hand on the ball will retain possession.”

td25er
05-14-2014, 06:03 AM

I'm sure you were 100% fine with the zero contact Crawford 4 point play the commentators were complaining about on TNT.

ThatKindaGuy
05-14-2014, 06:08 AM
You're going full retard. The shooters elbow isn't hit on 50% of 3's and the refs made the right call on the out of bounds play. Do you even NBA rule book?

“If a player has his hand in contact with the ball and an opponent hits the hand causing the ball to go out-of-bounds, the team whose player had his hand on the ball will retain possession.”

Wrong interpretation on your part, brah. That play should have been a foul call and went OKC. But as a OOB call, it should have gone to the Clippers, the reason being that Barnes hit the LEFT hand, and the "hand causing the ball to go out-of-bounds" was the RIGHT one. Now ... whether or not in actual officiating they separate between the hands like that is up for debate, but when you bring up the rule book like that, you must accept that going strictly by the rule book favors the Clippers in this situation.

Anyway, should have been a foul and CP lost the game anyway. This was hardly the worst officiated game of the season, let alone ever.

RoxasBrah
05-14-2014, 06:10 AM
that foul on westbrook can be called on 50% of the three pointers taken in NBA games. they just so happen to make that call, and then a no call on the final possession when cp gets slapped on the arm. all after they awarded the wrong team the ball on an out of bounds play, after clear evidence that proved otherwise. disgusting.http://i.imgur.com/ehTSLrs.jpg

JetLife21
05-14-2014, 06:53 AM
Wrong interpretation on your part, brah. That play should have been a foul call and went OKC. But as a OOB call, it should have gone to the Clippers, the reason being that Barnes hit the LEFT hand, and the "hand causing the ball to go out-of-bounds" was the RIGHT one. Now ... whether or not in actual officiating they separate between the hands like that is up for debate, but when you bring up the rule book like that, you must accept that going strictly by the rule book favors the Clippers in this situation.

Anyway, should have been a foul and CP lost the game anyway. This was hardly the worst officiated game of the season, let alone ever.

He clearly had both hands on the ball when Barnes slapped his arm. Reggie pulled back his right hand without touching the ball. Right call was made in my opinion.

ThatKindaGuy
05-14-2014, 07:04 AM
He clearly had both hands on the ball when Barnes slapped his arm. Reggie pulled back his right hand without touching the ball. Right call was made in my opinion.

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--CQp8A7qo--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/ilwvvbcumi10famhdxiz.gif

I see two potential foul calls in favor of OKC:
- defensive foul when he slaps the left hand/arm (technical term: illegal use of hands)
- blocking foul, because he has not established position when contact is made

But the out-of-bounds calls should have gone in favor of Clippers. But I think this will remain a point of debate and no one will ultimately convince the other side, which is maybe why the refs didn't overturn it after review.

denny2008
05-14-2014, 07:12 AM
Inb4 NBE issues an apology after the fact. I'm done watching the playoffs. First the Raps/Nets series, then this. I'm borderline on the OKC/MEM series too

leafs43
05-14-2014, 07:22 AM
NBA is rigged and has been rigged since Jordan left the league.

Rigging games was the only way the NBA could keep revenues up in the late 90's early 2000's. Now its just how business is conducted.

RoxasBrah
05-14-2014, 07:29 AM
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--CQp8A7qo--/c_fit,fl_progressive,q_80,w_636/ilwvvbcumi10famhdxiz.gif

- defensive foul when he slaps the left hand/arm (technical term: illegal use of hands)

But the out-of-bounds calls should have gone in favor of Clippers. But I think this will remain a point of debate and no one will ultimately convince the other side, which is maybe why the refs didn't overturn it after review.It was initially called out of bonds on Barnes. When the replay shows inclusive evidence the refs are forced to not change the play that was initially called on the floor.

JetLife21
05-14-2014, 07:37 AM

But the out-of-bounds calls should have gone in favor of Clippers. But I think this will remain a point of debate and no one will ultimately convince the other side, which is maybe why the refs didn't overturn it after review.

Either way, OKC should have had the ball or FTs. How are people going to scream rigged on this play? I've seen much worse rigged scenarios and this just looks like a tough call. They give the ball to the Clippers and all of the OKC fans would be screaming rigged.

You can't claim rigged if a call is so close that either side can complain if the call doesn't go their way.

Rigged is like game 7 of the Indy/ATL series. The refs showed an obvious bias towards the Pacers throughout the game until it was decided and then they started favoring the Hawks. It wasn't just one close call like this game. In the end, it didn't make a difference as the Hawks sucked so bad, that night, that they wouldn't have won even if the game was called evenly.

isp
05-14-2014, 07:48 AM
can't believe how all that happened...refs + chris paul had to pull all the stops

http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/1492623/deandreohmy.gif

Baylorballs
05-14-2014, 08:09 AM
has anyone here ACTUALLY reffed a game of basketball ??? $hit is incredibly hard to do. i reffed for a summer with 10 - 12 year olds. game is played at probably 15 % speed of NBA. I had to make difficult calls every few trips down the court.

NBA / basketball demands refs blow the whistle literally within 1 to 1.5 seconds after contact, or it's considered a delayed whistle and gets scrutinized. NFL ??? " all day " to throw a flag. dudes get to actually huddle up to decide grounding penalties and the like.
Baseball is instant too, but it's usually 1 focused play on the bag, or strike/ balls at the plate.

Out of bounds call was borderline but i didn't think it was Indesputable evidence.

This game was FAR from rigged.

BlakRandy
05-14-2014, 08:23 AM
I dont' think it was rigged. Just badly officiated. Both sides got awful calls.

I assume this has already been posted here today but look at Blakes screen. AKA running bear hug.

http://giant.gfycat.com/EllipticalVeneratedHalicore.gif

skillz17
05-14-2014, 09:17 AM
I dont' think it was rigged. Just badly officiated. Both sides got awful calls.

I assume this has already been posted here today but look at Blakes screen. AKA running bear hug.

http://giant.gfycat.com/EllipticalVeneratedHalicore.gif

Omg that **** had my dying.
Blake is so deep at being a phaggot and a flopper at this point in his career, there is little he can do to rectify that.

SteezeFactory
05-14-2014, 09:24 AM
has anyone here ACTUALLY reffed a game of basketball ??? $hit is incredibly hard to do. i reffed for a summer with 10 - 12 year olds. game is played at probably 15 % speed of NBA. I had to make difficult calls every few trips down the court.

NBA / basketball demands refs blow the whistle literally within 1 to 1.5 seconds after contact, or it's considered a delayed whistle and gets scrutinized. NFL ??? " all day " to throw a flag. dudes get to actually huddle up to decide grounding penalties and the like.
Baseball is instant too, but it's usually 1 focused play on the bag, or strike/ balls at the plate.

Out of bounds call was borderline but i didn't think it was Indesputable evidence.

This game was FAR from rigged.

Filled in as a ref with my buddy one day in the same age group, gave me a new respect for referees. Brb had no idea who the hell the ball went off of 50% of the time.

ThatKindaGuy
05-14-2014, 11:38 AM
has anyone here ACTUALLY reffed a game of basketball ??? $hit is incredibly hard to do. i reffed for a summer with 10 - 12 year olds.

Reffed 12-16 year olds, and I agree its fuking hard. Especially knowing that every now and then you made a bad call in a split second and then considering if it actually hurts the game more to take it back on just live with it. Because once they start doubting your calls or see they can protest them, the game gets out of hand and you lose control. Pretty sure I also kept making the wrong hand signs and mixed up holding foul with illegal use of hands sign. Meh ...

My cousin is reffing Euro League level games and in the Adriatic league and he says he has never done anything as stressful as this. I don't envy them, but those who are doing it for 20+ years should do a better job.

RAdaRuggedMan
05-14-2014, 11:51 AM
I like how TNT and ESPN have not even questioned the foul which led to 3 free throws for Westbrook, not even showing alternative angles in any game recaps.

http://cbsla.files.wordpress.com/2014/05/490270861.jpg?w=620&h=349&crop=1

There's absolutely no foul on that play.

amikaelmorris
05-14-2014, 11:56 AM
I like how TNT and ESPN have not even questioned the foul which led to 3 free throws for Westbrook, not even showing alternative angles in any game recaps.

there's another angle where it looks like you can see CP's pinky flexed back in contact with his elbow, but really this is all coming from a still image from one specific angle so it's meaningless without timestamps which flat out don't exist

i'm over it, nothing's ever gonna change.. like what are you gonna do? put 15 refs out there each watching one specific player with a few more watching the clocks? i'll pass on watching 300pt games with 150 FTAs

there's always gonna be a blown call somewhere, there's always gonna be immediate outrage and we're always gonna forget about it once the next blown call comes around

ThatKindaGuy
05-14-2014, 11:58 AM

Good job posting a picture after the release, when it wouldn't even matter if he touches him or not, unless he influences Westbrooks ability to land safely.

The pictures when Westbrook has the ball on his fingertips right at the release show CP touching his elbow. It was a foul, no doubt about it.

http://thenolookpass.com/2014Playoffs/Day25C.jpg

mTm
05-14-2014, 01:22 PM
cp3 was fouled on the final play, resulting in that turn over. No whistle.

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/BnlB0-6IgAAwbMH.jpg

And the ref's have been caught flat out lying.

Crew chief Tony Brothers lied. After the game, in justifying the call, Brothers stated: "We saw two replays. The two replays we saw were from the overhead camera showing down, and the one from from under the basket showing the same angle but from a different view. And from those two replays it was inconclusive as to who the ball went out of bounds off of bounds off of."

But on the TNT broadcast, at 9:52:53 PM PT, the VERY FIRST REPLAY shown to the officiating crew comes from the sideline camera. The TNT cameras show the crew at the monitor, and you can see the replay commencing -- not the overhead view, not the baseline view, the sideline view.

IsLifeRealLife
05-14-2014, 01:44 PM

To be fair, on the last play, Blake was playing like he was a fking offensive linemen in the nfl and there was no foul called on him.

RAdaRuggedMan
05-14-2014, 02:01 PM

What can you say when silver ball already has predetermined winners and lovers. I still have faith that regardless of how many people are in control of the Thunder winning games, Chris Paul and the rest of the crew will be able to overcome the adversity and get the opportunity to lose to the Heat.