PDA

View Full Version : Do we have to start liking Magic Johnson now?

crupiea
05-13-2014, 12:28 PM
I am pretty much sick of having to worship these people.

So we have a gay football player, big ****in deal. i mean really, does any regular person really give a **** about this guy. he will be marginal at best and probably play a few years and be selling insurance after that. his only claim to fame is the media spotlight but that doesnt mean we dont have to worship the guy. i honestly could not care less about the guy straight or gay and hope he does well but give us a break.

Poor guy on miami got in trouble because he actually said he doesnt like it. cant speak your mind unless of course you agree with the constant media worship of these people.

Now we all have to worship at the alter of Magic Johnson. I never really gave him much thought until today except that i cant stand the lakers and never have been able to stomach them. Now i guess because that owner said he doesnt like him, and of course he would know as he hangs out in the same circles, then we must all like Magic, like him or not.

Does the media just overlook the entire city of Boston? Are they trying to tell every man in Boston that he now has to love magic? For some reason I dont think that is going to happen.

So, now that the media is making an issue out of it, let me be the first to say that for that i too do not like magic. Oh what the hell, I dont like that football player now either.

Thats ok though because there are alot of famous people i dont like.

Michael Jordan, Michael J Fox, Robin Williams come to mind but there are plenty more.

If they are so worried about that sterling guy they should just stuff him in an elevator with beyonces sister and let her take care of him.

MrNismo
05-13-2014, 12:42 PM
You had me until Michael Jordan. Now I don't like you.

GuyJin
05-13-2014, 03:29 PM
You had me until Michael Jordan. Now I don't like you.
---

You had me until your post.

Now I don't like you, either.

:D

I'm sort of gonna agree with Crupe on this--sort of. The part I agree with is the overblown media worship of athletes in general. I hate that fawning crap.

Where I'll disagree is with the reaction to the garbage that is going on in the NBA and the Sterling episode. FWIW, the whole thing is a sham. Yes, Sterling is a scumbag. His wife ain't no great shakes, either. But his girlfriend--and SHE'S a real piece of work--set him up although really, it was his big mouth that done him in. And then you had the other owners, the commissioner of the NBA, and many other players who knew about Sterling's big stupid mouth, and did nothing about it for over a decade. That's what I mean about a sham. They knew, they did nothing, and why? Butts in the seats, money in the coffers. and fame and glory for the guys who gave their all on the court.

As for Magic, whatever. He has a point so AFAIC, it should be addressed. No BS, no lying, and no obfuscating the facts. Expose this racism to the sunlight, let it shrivel under public scrutiny and outrage, and implement zero tolerance policies for anyone who harbors that kind of thinking. This is the twenty-first century, no Lynchville USA circa 1825. This sh!t has gone on long enough. It ain't just being PC; that term is overrated. It's about being decent and having common sense.

/rant

Brackneyc
05-13-2014, 03:52 PM
I don't know if I like them. I have never met any of them.

Corbi
05-13-2014, 04:30 PM
I don't idolize any sport figures, never have and never will. Regarding Magic Johnson, I personally think the guy is a huge liar based on his coming out in the middle of the big aids scare and claimed he had it. Everyone else from that period who had the disease ended up dying yet somehow he actually got bigger and fatter. I think it was all a publicity stunt for whatever sick fukked up reason.

x-trainer ben
05-13-2014, 05:16 PM
So we are not gonna talk about the anderson cooper/ sterling interview? :(

djflex
05-13-2014, 05:24 PM
Personally, i hate everyone

Nikonguy
05-13-2014, 05:38 PM
How is it a grown ass man and a navy vet is concerned about being "required" to like (or not like) anybody?

You are no longer my role model Crup. :(

Corbi
05-13-2014, 05:51 PM
So we are not gonna talk about the anderson cooper/ sterling interview? :(

Oh you mean the one between the douche bag and the senile old coot? I'll let you decide which is which.

pharmamarketer
05-13-2014, 06:44 PM
I don't idolize any sport figures, never have and never will. Regarding Magic Johnson, I personally think the guy is a huge liar based on his coming out in the middle of the big aids scare and claimed he had it. Everyone else from that period who had the disease ended up dying yet somehow he actually got bigger and fatter. I think it was all a publicity stunt for whatever sick fukked up reason.

I think he genetically has something going on that is saving his ass. That's my theory. I agree that all the 80s "HIV" people are dead. It certainly is not just the medicine keeping him alive.

That being said, there is a small part of me that thinks it was a sick stunt as well.

djflex
05-13-2014, 07:17 PM
I don't idolize any sport figures, never have and never will.

Not even Rudy? That kid had heart man.

Or what about hulk hogan and andre the giant. Those guys were amazing

FlaIronMind
05-13-2014, 07:25 PM
Not even Rudy? That kid had heart man.

Yeah but then he started cavorting about with that Frodo fella and that's when things got weird.

djflex
05-13-2014, 07:28 PM
Yeah but then he started cavorting about with that Frodo fella and that's when things got weird.

Yeah, what a sad ending to a football career. Being forced to star in a movie as an elf or hobbit . After playing for notre dame ...

Ah well

FlaIronMind
05-13-2014, 07:37 PM
Yeah, what a sad ending to a football career. Being forced to star in a movie as an elf or hobbit . After playing for notre dame ...

Ah well

That might have been part of his problem - it was Notre Dame.

Tmax55
05-13-2014, 09:20 PM
**** Notre Dame...that place is the most self righteous delusional place in America...outside of DC

MiamiSpartan
05-14-2014, 06:53 AM
Two words: Anger Management
:)

Tmax55
05-14-2014, 06:57 AM
Anger management is called - "training" and I just took an entire week off from it. Hopefully it will subside.

I come from a family of Notre Dame people - I was the "black sheep" that started the new trend within the family of attending the "lesser school" of Wisconsin. The rivalry within the family is intense.

mikieson
05-14-2014, 07:24 AM
Nobody is making you like anyone. I happen to like some celebs.No reason not to. I dont care about their political or religious views..I like them for what they do..be it "sports,movies,tv,music"..People DO however like to hate on people for no reason. I cant think of a reason to hate Magic Jonson..great ball player and spokesman for the sport..and always smiles no matter what.What he did in his personal life is between him and his personal life..not me.

Tmax55
05-14-2014, 10:14 AM
I like Magic Johnson. The guy was one heck of a player - maybe the best ever. Career was cut too short by HIV, but he did some things no one else has done(yes including Jordan), particularly in the 1980 finals. Jordan was a better all around and perimmeter defender (not post), and a better scorer than Magic (although scoring points was not a weakness of Magic), but Magic was a far better passer and was a better rebounder than Jordan.

For the record Scottie Pippen was a better defender than either of them.

x-trainer ben
05-14-2014, 10:26 AM
"having to worship these people"

whaaat?

thomashenry
05-14-2014, 10:27 AM
I like Magic Johnson. The guy was one heck of a player - maybe the best ever. Career was cut too short by HIV, but he did some things no one else has done(yes including Jordan), particularly in the 1980 finals. Jordan was a better all around and perimmeter defender (not post), and a better scorer than Magic (although scoring points was not a weakness of Magic), but Magic was a far better passer and was a better rebounder than Jordan.

For the record Scottie Pippen was a better defender than either of them. As crazy as it is, Rodman was a better defender than Jordan, and Dumars was the best at defending Jordan & Jordan even admitted so, both by the way {Bad Boys} :} Coached by Big Daddy Rich {Jordan Rules} may he RIP-------------Those were the Best days IMO of Basketball the 80`s &90, I would take any of the Premier Teams The Lakers, 76`s, Celtics, Pistons, Bulls & put em up against any of the League`s Now, if they were allowed to play the way they used to

sy2502
05-14-2014, 10:52 AM
No OP you don't have to like or worship anyone if you don't want to.

Brackneyc
05-14-2014, 11:32 AM
No OP you don't have to like or worship anyone if you don't want to.

I'm worshipable. :)

sy2502
05-14-2014, 11:51 AM
I'm worshipable. :)
You totally are, and most of us worship you already, but OP can choose not to if he doesn't want to.

Oh fukk this, let's call a jihad on OP for not worshipping you or Magic Johnson! Off with his head!!

thomashenry
05-14-2014, 11:58 AM
you totally are, and most of us worship you already, but op can choose not to if he doesn't want to.

:d
:d

oh fukk this, let's call a jihad on op for not worshipping you or magic johnson! Off with his head!! is it right to left or left to right, i forgot, which way is mecca

DDDHopadopolous
05-14-2014, 01:37 PM

The Benghazi killers were actually republicans dressed up as Muslims.