PDA

View Full Version : Anyone finding issues with dress shirts?

golfwolf
05-12-2014, 11:19 AM
Does anyone find that lifting has made it difficult to find a dress shirt that fits and wears well? I find that my shirts tend to feel a little tight around my arms and often rip at the elbow. Not sure if it's the tension placed on the shirt when sitting at my desk, if I'm just buying the wrong style, or possibly buying crappy shirts (though I've tried a wide range of brands and it happens across to board).

Any suggestions or thoughts?

Plateauplower
05-12-2014, 11:37 AM
Does anyone find that lifting has made it difficult to find a dress shirt that fits and wears well? I find that my shirts tend to feel a little tight around my arms and often rip at the elbow. Not sure if it's the tension placed on the shirt when sitting at my desk, if I'm just buying the wrong style, or possibly buying crappy shirts (though I've tried a wide range of brands and it happens across to board).

Cut the sleeves off at the shoulder :)

I don't wear dress shirts much anymore but when I used to wear a shirt and tie frequently I would have issues with the neck being tight, bigger shirts, look a bit sloppy untucked but cheaper than a taylor.

ajdahlheimer
05-12-2014, 12:00 PM
I'm okay as long as I don't need to wear a tie/button the top button. Otherwise, I have to wear a shirt made for like a 400 pound guy it seems like and it doesn't look good (all baggy).

http://i61.tinypic.com/wkh9wh.jpg http://i61.tinypic.com/izwdib.jpg

TubbyDad
05-12-2014, 12:05 PM
You can get custom dress shirts, but they aren't cheap (ballpark of $100-$150 per shirt).

cedman1
05-12-2014, 12:06 PM
Yes, I was able to find some shirts that fit and looked more flattering than the loose midsection and tight shoulder/arms that I was used to getting. A lot of dress shirt makers are now putting out something they call the 'Athletic Fit' which is wider in the shoulders and arms while keeping the waist and midsection normal.

ajdahlheimer
05-12-2014, 12:07 PM
Yes, I was able to find some shirts that fit and looked more flattering than the loose midsection and tight shoulder/arms that I was used to getting. A lot of dress shirt makers are now putting out something they call the 'Athletic Fit' which is wider in the shoulders and arms while keeping the waist and midsection normal.

Good to know. Thanks, C-dog.

Plateauplower
05-12-2014, 12:19 PM
I'm okay as long as I don't need to wear a tie/button the top button. Otherwise, I have to wear a shirt made for like a 400 pound guy it seems like and it doesn't look good (all baggy).

http://i61.tinypic.com/wkh9wh.jpg http://i61.tinypic.com/izwdib.jpg

yea we have the same problem, I don't recommend the approach I used to fix the fit by growing my gut into the big man shirt. I have wedding to go to this Friday, I'm looking forward to wearing a suit not having the pants button threatining to rocket across the room...

mjf100215
05-12-2014, 12:19 PM
A lot of dress shirt makers are now putting out something they call the 'Athletic Fit' which is wider in the shoulders and arms while keeping the waist and midsection normal.

Came in to say this.
Carry on.

Corbi
05-12-2014, 12:38 PM
In on epic thread. Haven't had a "i'm so damn ripped shirts won't fit" thread in a couple weeks.

BlackRelaxer
05-12-2014, 12:41 PM
I work in a business office but I've just evolved my style so that people expect to see me in short-sleeved button-down shirts rather than long-sleeved. It seemed/looked a little geeky at first but people got used to it, plus it does show off the physique and people don't tend to rip on the guy who gyms out for an hour every day.

The biggest challenge I have is when my collar flings up when I'm putting my shirt on in the morning. Because of my arms and shoulders, it's nearly impossible to reach up and lay it down. I've had to ask random people to do it for me a couple times.

Corbi
05-12-2014, 12:44 PM
The biggest challenge I have is when my collar flings up when I'm putting my shirt on in the morning. Because of my arms and shoulders, it's nearly impossible to reach up and lay it down. I've had to ask random people to do it for me a couple times.

Seriously? You are so hooge that your hands can't reach up and pull your collar down?

tomnationwide
05-12-2014, 12:59 PM
My shirts are either XXL or 19 1/2 34-35 and my neck doesn't fit in them anymore. On the XXL T-Shirts my arms and top are tight but the XXXL balloons off of me so I just go with being a showoff.

bustasinclair
05-12-2014, 01:00 PM
I have the same problem with wiping my ass....

I did find a solution though.

crfGXmxJ1vM

Serious note: I've never had a problem finding clothes that fit. Tempted to hang up my posing trunks now. :mad:

sok454
05-12-2014, 01:08 PM
My shirts are either XXL or 19 1/2 34-35 and my neck doesn't fit in them anymore. On the XXL T-Shirts my arms and top are tight but the XXXL balloons off of me so I just go with being a showoff.

If I wear a tie and don't want to have red face I go with 18 1/2 neck/ 36-37 arms. Problem is the blouse at the waist and look untailored (oh wait they are). I don't really have problems w the arm being tight, its more the length for me.

I would think if you can't put your collar down its because you aren't flexible enough.

induced_drag
05-12-2014, 01:30 PM

This is just classic!!! Fashion threads....gotta love them!

This crap is soo damn stupid. I once......just once hope a thread like this comes up and the guy who starts it has a decent build. To date....I remain disappointed.

BlackRelaxer
05-12-2014, 01:34 PM
Seriously? You are so hooge that your hands can't reach up and pull your collar down?
I have a very hard time getting that angle where I can lay the lapels down, yes. I don't know if it's size or something else -- I have pretty short arms so that may be a factor. But it's an issue with shirts and jackets and it's a pain.

nexgensupps
05-12-2014, 01:44 PM
Love these threads...always fun responses...But yes it is a pain. When I am lean I usually sit at a 18 to 18.5" neck....Heavier it can push 22". Then insult to injury....When you buy the shirts that fit the neck they assume you have a 50"+ waist line. I have come to the conclusion that the shirts will just be tight in the shoulders and find Athletic Fit dress shirts. When it comes to T-Shirts I buy XXL and they will shrink to Xl and be comfortable. If not I wont wear the shirt...But I am that guy that does not wear a tank nor sleeveless shirt to the gym or else where.

induced_drag
05-12-2014, 01:52 PM
Love all the subtle e-stat bragger that come in to these threads to say how houuuuge they are.

Meanwhile.....most of the XXL's have xxl waists to match ;)

ajdahlheimer
05-12-2014, 01:55 PM
Love all the subtle e-stat bragger that come in to these threads to say how houuuuge they are.

That's why I posted pics, ID....

Tmax55
05-12-2014, 01:57 PM
I have to wear suit and tie - and long sleeve dress shirt all the time. While I could probably find stuff that fits well if I searched for it - I don't - I just have it made because a custom tailored suit fits anyone (even people who don't even lift like me :)) better and you can get whatever features you want, where with off the rack you can't.

For me the biggest issue with cloths has always been that my legs rub together when I am larger (not right now) and thus I shred the crotch area of a suit. By getting custom tailored you can get two pairs of pants made for every jacket and extra lining in the crotch. They cost 3x as much but actuially last 3x as long and look better. I've had some issues with arms but only during a serious bulk...doubt that will ever happen again as I never plan on getting that large again.

(floats low speed pitch over the middle of the plate for someone to crush).

nexgensupps
05-12-2014, 02:00 PM

So does a 36" waist count as a XXL waist line? By time I get done cutting down will be even less...just asking..

golfwolf
05-12-2014, 02:03 PM

This crap is soo damn stupid. I once......just once hope a thread like this comes up and the guy who starts it has a decent build. To date....I remain disappointed.

I'm the one who started the thread and it's a serious question. I wasn't sure where to post and have it taken as a legitimate question...so since I'm over 40, I figured the O35 forum was my best bet.

Over the past few years just about ever dress shirt I've purchase for work has ripped in the elbow.Maybe it's because I buy bad shirts (but i had a fair amount of pricey shirts), or maybe it's because have a desk job and am on the computer or phone a lot and my arms are always bent. I could have pointy elbows (I used to laugh when I'd see the misc section critique pointy elbows), or just keeping my arms bent creates tension in the arms which eventually wears down the material.

Not sure what you consider a decent build but I'm happy with how I look at 43 compared to most others my age that I know.

induced_drag
05-12-2014, 02:06 PM
So does a 36" waist count as a XXL waist line? By time I get done cutting down will be even less...just asking..

I was wrong.... You are so huuuuge that there is never a hope of you ever buying anything off the rack. Maybe you should just wear a toga around in line with your Grecian ideal physique.

Karl_Hungus
05-12-2014, 02:07 PM
In on epic thread. Haven't had a "i'm so damn ripped shirts won't fit" thread in a couple weeks.

I always love the "I'm too huge to wear normal clothes" threads. They are good for a chuckle or two.

kimm4
05-12-2014, 02:07 PM

My fav kind of threads. We get them in the female section all the time!

Most have been lifting weights for a whole 2 weeks and all of a sudden their clothes no longer fit.

Funny I've been doing this for 3 decades, actually have a decent amount of muscle on my frame (for a female) and somehow wear normal clothes without any issues...

Smelly bull
05-12-2014, 02:09 PM
Go to a clothing store.

Try on clothes

Something will fit, purchase than go home.

No magic, no complexity, just try clothes on. Everyone manufacture sizes are different.

Karl_Hungus
05-12-2014, 02:13 PM

Most have been lifting weights for a whole 2 weeks and all of a sudden their clothes no longer fit.

Funny I've been doing this for 3 decades, actually have a decent amount of muscle on my frame (for a female) and somehow wear normal clothes without any issues...

^^ My favorite in the female misc are the women who have lost a little bit of weight, improved their physique a bit, and find that they can't step into the gym without being visually molested by every guy in the gym. "OMG! I can't go to a gym anymore without guys dropping DB's on themselves and tripping over their own tongues as they stare at my hot body!".

ahawk01
05-12-2014, 02:14 PM
I have the same problem with wiping my ass....

I did find a solution though.

crfGXmxJ1vM

Serious note: I've never had a problem finding clothes that fit. Tempted to hang up my posing trunks now. :mad:

that is epic...love to explain i've gotten so big i need a comfort wipe!!! too funny!!

MiamiSpartan
05-12-2014, 02:15 PM
Hard to say without actually seeing the shirts on you, but I would guess you need made-to-measure....a little pricier, but worth it...

nexgensupps
I was wrong.... You are so huuuuge that there is never a hope of you ever buying anything off the rack. Maybe you should just wear a toga around in line with your Grecian ideal physique.

If it was up to me I would!

But thank you for reminding that most of you in the Over 35 are DOUCHEBAGS that still suck on their mothers tits .... and why I usually do not post. BUt then again your AVI is a douche bag Im in my to small of a tank top look at me pose!

TubbyDad

You seem to have an irrational anger over what other guys wear. If it helps, I buy all my clothes off the rack.

BlackRelaxer
Lesson learned:
When on a forum for bodybuilding where people's avatars are their built bodies and all on-topic discussions are about weight lifting and bodybuilding, if you make a post about how bodybuilding affects your clothes, you will get mocked and ridiculed. Got it. I'll keep that in mind as I peruse forum.bodybuilding.com.

Plateauplower
05-12-2014, 02:18 PM
I'm the one who started the thread and it's a serious question. I wasn't sure where to post and have it taken as a legitimate question...so since I'm over 40, I figured the O35 forum was my best bet.

Over the past few years just about ever dress shirt I've purchase for work has ripped in the elbow.Maybe it's because I buy bad shirts (but i had a fair amount of pricey shirts), or maybe it's because have a desk job and am on the computer or phone a lot and my arms are always bent. I could have pointy elbows (I used to laugh when I'd see the misc section critique pointy elbows), or just keeping my arms bent creates tension in the arms which eventually wears down the material.

Not sure what you consider a decent build but I'm happy with how I look at 43 compared to most others my age that I know.

They are probably wearing out becuase of like you mentioned, abrasion against the desk. The 6 year old sweatshop workers dont make them like they used to. Unless buying higher quality stuff (which I dont very often) I don't expect to get more than a year or two of frequent washing out of cloths before thet start to get tattered and thread bare (SRS).

I also ruin a lot of shirts when I reach for something above my head and my lats explode out of the sides (not srs)

ahawk01
05-12-2014, 02:19 PM

from your avi... not sure i would call that normal clothes. I bet that'd get cold in the winter that far up north!

Karl_Hungus
05-12-2014, 02:21 PM
Lesson learned:
When on a forum for bodybuilding where people's avatars are their built bodies and all on-topic discussions are about weight lifting and bodybuilding, if you make a post about how bodybuilding affects your clothes, you will get mocked and ridiculed. Got it. I'll keep that in mind as I peruse forum.bodybuilding.com.

Yup, and rightly so. Because most of these threads are subtle e-brag threads.....They are implying that their bodies are so far beyond the norm, that regular human clothes no longer fit (lmao)....as if they are Jay Cutler or something.

kimm4
05-12-2014, 02:23 PM
^^ My favorite in the female misc are the women who have lost a little bit of weight, improved their physique a bit, and find that they can't step into the gym without being visually molested by every guy in the gym. "OMG! I can't go to a gym anymore without guys dropping DB's on themselves and tripping over their own tongues as they stare at my hot body!".

Ha, ha, I just saw a couple of these types of threads today...we get them all the time. Another issue I've never had to deal with...I'm obviously doing this s*** wrong...:D

BlackRelaxer
05-12-2014, 02:27 PM
Yup, and rightly so. Because most of these threads are subtle e-brag threads.....They are implying that their bodies are so far beyond the norm, that regular human clothes no longer fit (lmao)....as if they are Jay Cutler or something.

I can understand that and I'm new here so haven't seen the constant recycling of threads yet. But it seems like this would be the appropriate place to vent/discuss/shout-out the results and possible side-effects of weight-lifting. Ever since I joined, I've gotten lots of solid support and encouragement (in posts and in pms) and it's refreshing because if you try and bring up weight-lifting discussions on other boards, you frequently get mercilessly mocked for being a meathead who only cares about picking up heavy things and setting them down. This seemed like the mythical 'Safe Place' to talk openly about body pride/results/issues/etc.

kimm4
05-12-2014, 02:29 PM
from your avi... not sure i would call that normal clothes. I bet that'd get cold in the winter that far up north!

I do wear normal clothes...true story.

golfwolf
05-12-2014, 02:29 PM
Why I originally posted in here

Over Age 35
Discuss your specific issues here.

And I never said my shirts rip because I'm huge. Maybe I'll sew patches on my shirts at the elbow bend.

http://marcustroy.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Trends-Elbow-Patches-Marcus-Troy.jpg

x-trainer ben
05-12-2014, 02:38 PM
I can understand that and I'm new here so haven't seen the constant recycling of threads yet. But it seems like this would be the appropriate place to vent/discuss/shout-out the results and possible side-effects of weight-lifting. Ever since I joined, I've gotten lots of solid support and encouragement (in posts and in pms) and it's refreshing because if you try and bring up weight-lifting discussions on other boards, you frequently get mercilessly mocked for being a meathead who only cares about picking up heavy things and setting them down. This seemed like the mythical 'Safe Place' to talk openly about body pride/results/issues/etc.

It is the correct place BUT some folks have "issues" and they play out like insults.

I spoke to a old school tailor a year or 2 ago and the slim cut/fit skinny cowboy cut is very popular whether you are 5% and competing next week or you are 15% and a recreational lifter. The bottom line is that lifting and shopping for clothes is a pain in the ass....
A few tips...
jeans: Lucky Brand if you have a big squatters azz and need fuller thigh area
shirts: Ralph Lauren/polo 75 bucks but an xl fits nicely
dress pants: whatever fits your thighs and squat azz Haggar

Just be patient and try on everything because if your making gains year over year the chit just won't fit right. That collar issue happens when your chest shoulders and traps "pull" and the collar gets tugged out of alignment( instead of laying down flat) ;).

reddog140
05-12-2014, 02:43 PM

Yes utterly stupid LOL. I will say I'm not to huge for clothes but I have to have 3 sets of pants depending on where I'm at on show dieting. 250+,245-230,225 and below then comes the lil boy pants :(, but its nice having a smaller waist and not being out of breath tying your shoes . Good lord I found a pair of pants in the back of my closet few weeks ago from when I hit 301 a few years back. Nice size 42 eek!

DuracellBunny
05-12-2014, 02:47 PM
/bangs head against wall chanting "please make it stop"

tomnationwide
05-12-2014, 02:51 PM
If I wear a tie and don't want to have red face I go with 18 1/2 neck/ 36-37 arms. Problem is the blouse at the waist and look untailored (oh wait they are). I don't really have problems w the arm being tight, its more the length for me.

I would think if you can't put your collar down its because you aren't flexible enough.

I'm carrying close to 300lb usually so I can probably lean up and fit into these much better. I stayed about 300lb all winter and have gained some serious size. My new biking routine back in play, I lost 16lb in the last 3 weeks and most people are asking how I'm getting bigger.

doughnutgut
05-12-2014, 02:52 PM
True story.

None of clothes fit any longer.

Main reason is because of my slow metabolism and fast pizza eating hands.

Corbi
05-12-2014, 02:59 PM

Rep this man for typing the truth!!! Yet somehow even Cutler, Coleman, Arnold, etc always found clothes to fit.

reddog140
05-12-2014, 03:04 PM
Rep this man for typing the truth!!! Yet somehow even Cutler, Coleman, Arnold, etc always found clothes to fit.

Guys even can find suit to fit too :) Big fella making Mr. Coleman looking small is well over 400.

http://i.imgur.com/FDkQX1S.jpg

Jbizzlechizzle
05-12-2014, 03:10 PM
I'd say I'm a pretty big guy for my height, but I have never had much of a problem with dress shirts. 16 1/2 32-33 works just fine for me.

Plateauplower
05-12-2014, 03:13 PM
Reddog if I ever get built like your avi I'm just wearing a loin cloth Native American style. No one will say chit. (No homo).

reddog140
05-12-2014, 03:29 PM
Reddog if I ever get built like your avi I'm just wearing a loin cloth Native American style. No one will say chit. (No homo).

Thats my plan for Vegas and Wet Republic Pool 2 weeks after my show :D

Thanks BTW

induced_drag
05-12-2014, 03:30 PM
Yes utterly stupid LOL. I will say I'm not to huge for clothes but I have to have 3 sets of pants depending on where I'm at on show dieting. 250+,245-230,225 and below then comes the lil boy pants :(, but its nice having a smaller waist and not being out of breath tying your shoes . Good lord I found a pair of pants in the back of my closet few weeks ago from when I hit 301 a few years back. Nice size 42 eek!

You would be one of the few that could get away with posting this thread and not being mocked. Great build! SRS

pharmamarketer
05-12-2014, 03:34 PM
It is amazing what a little muscle will do to the brain.

induced_drag
05-12-2014, 03:43 PM
It is amazing what a little BRAIN will do to the MUSCLE.

Again pharma....amazing what a little context can do :D You did not know how right you were when you wrote that!!!

Corbi
05-12-2014, 04:36 PM
I find it hard to believe that all the Joe Averages can't find clothes to fit yet never once have I ever read Timberwolf or Cmoore bitch about it?

And to the guy who can't put his collar down cause he's so fukkin swole how do you brush your teeth hell how do you even eat?

pharmamarketer
05-12-2014, 04:52 PM
Again pharma....amazing what a little context can do :D You did not know how right you were when you wrote that!!!

So true. And no, I did not. :D

These guys are fuking hilarious.

pharmamarketer
05-12-2014, 04:53 PM
I find it hard to believe that all the Joe Averages can't find clothes to fit yet never once have I ever read Timberwolf or Cmoore bitch about it?

And to the guy who can't put his collar down cause he's so fukkin swole how do you brush your teeth hell how do you even eat?

Or wipe his ass for that matter.

Bando
05-12-2014, 05:36 PM
I like the Van Heusen fitted dress shirts.

For pants my legs are too swollen to find anything comfortable so my Wife crochets me shorts:

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/236x/ba/65/08/ba65089b56cd637997d499e9debfdc40.jpg

pvsampson
05-12-2014, 06:14 PM

He'd want to hope he never gets head lice.That would drive him f#cken insane.

EjnarKolinkar
05-12-2014, 06:22 PM
TFW you are an O'35 douchebag

OP bought BabyGap shirts and blew out arms, sweet, GJOP

ahawk01
05-12-2014, 06:56 PM
I do wear normal clothes...true story.

that's a shame. total let down.

djflex
05-12-2014, 07:18 PM
Kinda related...

When i pop a boner my pants rip...

ShaneWY
05-12-2014, 08:13 PM
It's amazing how some people are so disinterested in a thread like this that they incessantly post in it. Move on!

I second the Van Heusen fitted shirts. Had to go to them from Stafford. Stafford was too tight around the shoulders. Hard to get a tie over my head.

Bando
05-12-2014, 08:45 PM
I second the Van Heusen fitted shirts. Had to go to them from Stafford. Stafford was too tight around the shoulders. Hard to get a tie over my head.

I'm an hour drive from a Van Heusen outlet, it's nice getting shirts that I know will fit exactly like I want without trying them on.

And all the comments are from how often this topic comes up, and it comes up a lot

ShaneWY
05-12-2014, 10:29 PM
I probably just ignore the clothing threads, but the dress shirt thing has been an issue for me recently so I'm sure that's why it caught my eye.

Thing about dress shirts is the material doesn't stretch like a T-shirt, so it really is an issue.

reconbyfire
05-13-2014, 02:14 AM
I am currently in Thailand. You can get custom dress shirts for little $$$$. Who wears dress shirts anyway?

grubman
05-13-2014, 05:24 AM
Just popped in to add one comment if it applies to anyone who cares. Smaller fit guys like me have the same problem (Tight in the neck and across the lats and chest, baggy in the midsection), believe it or not. Some people mentioned the "athletic fit" shirts. There are also things called "classic fit" and "tapered fit" that sometimes serve the purpose as well. The thing I wanted to add is that (again, if you're a smaller, but fit guy) these shirts can often be found at stores older guys wouldn't normally look for clothes, like Old Navy, GAP, ect. More stylish than straight up business shirts, but if the fit is right you will look good.

scullin
05-13-2014, 06:38 AM
I've never had that problem OP. I think you're either just buying the wrong size shirt or something. Only problem I have is the shirts seem to poof out around the waist area. I guess tailoring the shirts would fix the issue but would also get expensive. My 'dress shirts' are part of a uniform, so I can't just buy a different cut shirt I'd have to tailor the uniform shirts which I'm not about to do.

x-trainer ben
05-13-2014, 08:31 AM
Maybe this should be moved to the ov35 misc to appease some....... the huge waist that many have mentioned is for the avg joe beer belly right( typical)? I mean if you are not working out consistent basis then that size 18 34/35 is designed for a "fat guy" not a guy with a thick chest,wide back, and traps.

golfwolf
05-13-2014, 08:54 AM
I now regret starting this thread and probably should have first thought to google it. Tons of articles/blogs on this so I guess it's not an bizarre occurrence. My intention was never to convey, my arms are too big so my shirts rip. I was hoping to see if others in the 35+ range who wear dress ****s daily in the corporate world have experienced the same thing and anything special they've done or brands/styles they buy that may prevent it.

http://tsbmen.com/35232/garment-doctor-series-elbow-blow-outs/

induced_drag
05-13-2014, 09:35 AM
I now regret starting this thread and probably should have first thought to google it. Tons of articles/blogs on this so I guess it's not an bizarre occurrence. My intention was never to convey, my arms are too big so my shirts rip. I was hoping to see if others in the 35+ range who wear dress ****s daily in the corporate world have experienced the same thing and anything special they've done or brands/styles they buy that may prevent it.

From article:

There is a simple solution to this problem. When sitting at a desk for long periods of time (using a keyboard, answering phones, etc.) roll your sleeves up past the elbows. This will eliminate any strain on that area of the shirt

Well....if you are really big enough that shirts are tough to fit, chances are your forearms are too big and the cuffs dont have nearly enough fabric to be rolled over that far. (srs response). I can get the first fold of a cuff...... NO WAY you can cuff all the way past elbow.....It is just not happening.

OK there....serious response ;)

Tmax55
05-13-2014, 10:11 AM
I just ripped my dress shirt at the elbow today :(...not because I am too big for it though, because its older.

Old-Time-Lifter
05-13-2014, 10:13 AM

It's always a good idea to use the search function before posting. If nothing else you'd have learned that these e-brag threads always go south in a hurry.

golfwolf
05-13-2014, 10:26 AM
It's always a good idea to use the search function before posting. If nothing else you'd have learned that these e-brag threads always go south in a hurry.

I had faith in the "over 35" crew ;-)

ajdahlheimer
05-13-2014, 10:29 AM

That was your first mistake, broseph. :-)

joegomez5150
05-13-2014, 11:01 AM
custom made shirts, or go to a taylor and have them fix existing shirts

so-tex
05-13-2014, 11:36 AM
I wear Columbia fishing shirts. Very comfortable. For pullovers, just get an extra size larger. Who really gives a fuk. As for suits, that's where I have a problem. Men's Wear House makes athletic suits that fit very well and the shirts to go along with it.

induced_drag
05-13-2014, 11:45 AM
I have found these fit the best by far and show off the physique the best!

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp290/lindsay2522/spc006.jpg

Geoff Richards
05-13-2014, 11:49 AM
I just ripped my dress today :(...not because I am too big for it though, because its older.

just for fun :D

Brackneyc
05-13-2014, 11:56 AM
That scene in Tommy Boy..... Was based on me. There was a fat guy and a little coat.

Old-Time-Lifter
05-13-2014, 12:10 PM

You obviously are very new and didn't spend anytime lurking...

Tmax55
05-13-2014, 12:26 PM
just for fun :D

Well played.

crupiea
05-13-2014, 12:39 PM
They do make fitted dress shirts. They sell them at specialty stores, like sears and jc penney. They have a tag on them that says" fitted".

tomnationwide
05-13-2014, 01:24 PM
My summer shorts fit around the waist even though I'm 20lb heavier.

JimmyJonny
05-13-2014, 05:04 PM
I have found these fit the best by far and show off the physique the best!

http://i420.photobucket.com/albums/pp290/lindsay2522/spc006.jpg

I could prolly fit in that, lol.

rawelite
05-13-2014, 05:34 PM
i don't ever wear button down shirts...ever.. so i can't speak to them. I would like to talk about the important topic of wipping one's ass. i did have to switch from the typical reach around to the reach through. it has taken me awhile to perfect it. one of the biggest problems with the reach through is scuffing the "boys" on the way back. i've learned to hold said boys in one hand and reach through with the other. now.... one has to pay close attention to toilet water depth. some toilets have a higher water level. there's nothing worse than getting your hand wet on the way out.

carry on....

jones137
05-14-2014, 07:29 AM

Good stuff......the elbows have been blowing out of my shirts (multiple brands) after a couple of weeks. Thanks for the link.

Zjunky
05-15-2014, 04:18 PM
Came in to say this.
Carry on.

A lot of dress shirt makers are now putting out something they call the 'Athletic Fit' which is wider in the shoulders and arms while keeping the waist and midsection normal.

Good advice - but make sure you try them on. JCP used to carry their Stafford brand in the Fitted cut which were my standard dress shirt purchase for years. But recently they either changed who manufactured them, or the cut or something. I got a new one the same size (18 fitted) and found the new style would barely button closed and my arms were really constricted in the shirt. I put on an older one of the same size and brand to return it so they could see the difference and that I hadn't gained 20 lbs. The salesperson didn't have a clue about the change in style, only that he noticed a lot of them had been returned lately.

Go figure.

minheshr
11-18-2015, 03:29 PM

How much are you paying for these off the rack shirts that don't fit correctly?
I have tons of bodybuilder friends and they have the same issue. Especially since their shoulders are broad and biceps are bulging. The average store just doesn't cater to the needs of people who have muscle.

A bespoke (custom made) shirt should not cost $100. I know a company that sells them for $60.. This includes a personal custom fit, actual fabric swatches to choose from, free mongram on your shirt and overall customization. (Collar to style of buttons)

Fishman15
11-18-2015, 09:14 PM

Yea, I've been working out. I went from a size 40 to a 42. I'm huge...

steffo99
11-18-2015, 10:17 PM
Morning all.
My latest gains were so extreme I had to give up on clothes altogether. Now I just walk around naked.
Takes some getting used to and people tend to run away. Alpha as fck.

x-trainer ben
11-19-2015, 09:47 AM
the answer is DXL

DuracellBunny
11-19-2015, 09:50 AM
A bespoke (custom made) shirt should not cost $100. I know a company that sells them for $60.. This includes a personal custom fit, actual fabric swatches to choose from, free mongram on your shirt and overall customization. (Collar to style of buttons)

If you are buying off the rack dress shirts for $60, never mind bespoke ones, they aren't good shirts.

And btw, anybody that gets their shirts monogrammed is a twat.

Jessicapoul
11-28-2015, 04:30 AM
you just customized your shirt from reputable company where you can create your own custom design.

Gls133
11-28-2015, 05:22 AM
Q.Anyone finding issues with dress shirts?

A. My wife and I attend many social events within our community. From time to time(at these events) woman will comment on how I look with statements like "Tuyet, your husband looks very good, where did you get that shirt", she responds with courtesy . I am oblivious to most of these comments as they are usually in Vietnamese. A week or 2 later I will be looking for said shirt. It is nowhere to be found. "Honey! Where is that shirt I wore dancing a couple weeks ago?" She responds,"I hate that shirt, I throw away"......Man-O-Man I love me some Tuyet!!!