PDA

View Full Version : Coming back from the dead

FrankenBeast
05-08-2014, 07:59 AM
Hello people. I was on here years ago, until I was diagnosed with a death sentence back in 2010. I was getting ready for work one morning when I fell to the floor, unable to breathe and my heart was hitting about 400 beats a min. Well long story short I was diagnosed with Wolfe Parkinson White, and told that it was so bad that I would die from it. This kinda put a damper on my ability to train, that and the fact that my right hip was disintegrating so badly that it made my leg 3" shorter than the other one.

Now I have had two heart surgeries and a total hip replacement in the past year, and ready to kick ass back in the training world.

Not that I tell this for anyone to give a ****, but just telling my story to get it out there that I am no newbie to the forum. Just glad to be back and it's time to get the body back.

thomashenry
05-08-2014, 10:37 AM
Hello people. I was on here years ago, until I was diagnosed with a death sentence back in 2010. I was getting ready for work one morning when I fell to the floor, unable to breathe and my heart was hitting about 400 beats a min. Well long story short I was diagnosed with Wolfe Parkinson White, and told that it was so bad that I would die from it. This kinda put a damper on my ability to train, that and the fact that my right hip was disintegrating so badly that it made my leg 3" shorter than the other one.

Now I have had two heart surgeries and a total hip replacement in the past year, and ready to kick ass back in the training world.

Not that I tell this for anyone to give a ****, but just telling my story to get it out there that I am no newbie to the forum. Just glad to be back and it's time to get the body back. Glad your back and Tell your story Brother

Phattso
05-08-2014, 10:47 AM
Rock on, buddy.

Old-Time-Lifter
05-08-2014, 12:26 PM
Welcome back!

FrankenBeast
05-08-2014, 12:53 PM
Thanks guys... glad to be back! 4 years doesn't seem long, but felt like an eternity! Amazing how quick the body can go to hell, I just hope that it can come back in the same amount of time.

Karl_Hungus
05-08-2014, 01:05 PM
Hello people. I was on here years ago, until I was diagnosed with a death sentence back in 2010. I was getting ready for work one morning when I fell to the floor, unable to breathe and my heart was hitting about 400 beats a min. Well long story short I was diagnosed with Wolfe Parkinson White, and told that it was so bad that I would die from it.

^^ I have the same thing. Sent me to the ER after training a couple of weeks ago. Sucks ... now I get paranoid when training whenever my heart beats fast.

Glad you are doing better ..... it must be nice to get back to training. Stay well.

FrankenBeast
05-08-2014, 01:34 PM
^^ I have the same thing. Sent me to the ER after training a couple of weeks ago. Sucks ... now I get paranoid when training whenever my heart beats fast.

Glad you are doing better ..... it must be nice to get back to training. Stay well.

Thanks, it does feel great! I go back in at the end of July to make sure that the 2nd ablation did the trick, but I did finally get cleared to weight train. It Sucks that you have this diagnosis, but stay strong, and monitor your heart. This sh*t does kill.

FlaIronMind
05-08-2014, 04:51 PM
Welcome back.

And if ever there were a thread which needed this...

kdiFH6BcSUE

And fwiw, Everlast (Erik Schrody) did come back from the dead...massive heart attack at age 29.

djflex
05-08-2014, 05:02 PM
Welcome back and good luck.

What was your username before?

FrankenBeast
05-09-2014, 07:38 AM
Welcome back and good luck.

What was your username before?

It was NaturalFreak, but I guess when they redid the site, I lost the name. Now someone else has it. That's fine, FrankenBeast is now more fitting, it's what I nicknamed my Suburban, and now that all my parts are no longer OEM, I guess it's fits me too.