PDA

View Full Version : are you guys watching the draft on ESPN or NFLN?

andrew28
05-06-2014, 05:11 PM
last year ESPN didn't spoil the pics from what i recall. yet mayock would always say right before the pick, "It could be player 'A' or 'B', but don't be surprised if it ends up being player 'C'." and oddly enough.....it ends up being player 'C' who gets taken. i love mayock, but he needs to stop doing this. it's so obvious he knows the pick before it's read by that phaggot goodell.

i think im gonna watch the first round on ESPN, and the rest on NFLN. ESPN barely even talks about the picks after round one. they just keep talking about the first round picks and do a quick recap of the previous few picks. NFLN really breaks down the tape on those later round picks in present time.

also, what are you guys gonna be doing? any draft parties or just lone-wolfing it like me this time? fukking finals week. i miss spending an entire saturday watching the draft, drinking, tossing the football around with friends, lots of food, etc.

neighborr
05-06-2014, 05:33 PM
Always watch it on ESPN. I highly doubt anyone knows the picks before they are read, especially a random analyst.

But yeah i have finals as well. have one friday morning at 7am so won't be doing any kind of partying for the draft lol.

RonPaul2012
05-06-2014, 05:38 PM
if I lived closer to tampa I'd go to the bucs draft party

isp
05-06-2014, 05:39 PM
Probably NFLN

AreolaBorealis
05-06-2014, 05:46 PM
Patriots probably gonna trade down so I won't even check in until round 2

andrew28
05-06-2014, 05:48 PM
Always watch it on ESPN. I highly doubt anyone knows the picks before they are read, especially a random analyst.

But yeah i have finals as well. have one friday morning at 7am so won't be doing any kind of partying for the draft lol.

ehh idk brah. adam schefter tweets the picks sometimes before they're called. and mayock's got that little earpiece in. there's no way he could have predicted some of those pics only seconds before goodell read it. he'll have a guy mocked to a certain team, and then out of nowhere right before the pick is read he says, "I have a feeling the pick might just be player X now..." and gets it right.

iamgenus
05-06-2014, 05:49 PM

Not sure if srs...

It was a big stink made heading into last year's draft that the "predictions" were being made after picks were announced to them ahead of time so they could get their wrap going. Also a sh*tload of people were tweeting before the picks were actually announced on live TV.

scotyg
05-06-2014, 05:52 PM
espn for round 1

iamgenus
05-06-2014, 06:09 PM
Haven't watched ESPN most of the draft since I've had NFL Network. Only time I tune in for it is during commercial breaks for NFL network if I'm trying to catch a selection during that time or hear wtf they're talking about.

Can't stand Kiper.

Big_Pete1000
05-06-2014, 06:43 PM
NFL network. Rich Eisen plus Mayock is great.