PDA

View Full Version : Warriors Fire Mark Jackson

BeastModeFTW
05-06-2014, 12:09 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-basketball/24552739/report-warriors-fire-mark-jackson-as-coach-after-three-seasons

inb4 Lakers hire Mark Jackson.

waytoodeep03
05-06-2014, 12:10 PM
Come one to the Lakers Mark.

HarpoonBrah
05-06-2014, 12:12 PM
Warriors going full potato

neighborr
05-06-2014, 12:13 PM
Stupid decision.

Vulvarine
So undeserved.

When all else fails blame it on the coach i guess.

sdballer5588
Lol @ the idiots in this thread.

Jackson was a TERRIBLE coach. Absolutely horrible. Yeah PLEASE coach the lakers. So I can laugh AGAIN.

Anyone with half a brain could see how badly he was destroying that team from the inside out. Lol @ every warrior fan knowing he was an awful coach and every idiot bystander acting like he was good.

BuckN20T
05-06-2014, 12:16 PM
RIP MJax

Vulvarine
05-06-2014, 12:16 PM

Jackson was a TERRIBLE coach. Absolutely horrible. Yeah PLEASE coach the lakers. So I can laugh AGAIN.

Anyone with half a brain could see how badly he was destroying that team from the inside out. Lol @ every warrior fan knowing he was an awful coach and every idiot bystander acting like he was good.

Hahahahahaha

Okay all knowing armchair GM. Who are they going to hire that's better than him? Phil Jackson? Oh wait...

GTFO

RoxasBrah
05-06-2014, 12:17 PM

Anyone with half a brain could see how badly he was destroying that team from the inside out. Lol @ every warrior fan knowing he was an awful coach and every idiot bystander acting like he was good.Can you fully explain the negatives about him?

BuckN20T
05-06-2014, 12:17 PM
Wooooooooow. Honestly didn't think that was gonna happen. He's a decent coach, he'll get a shot somewhere else.

Hopefully not though so he can go back to announcing, he was always solid on TNT.

inb4 D'Antoni to the Dubs

D'Antoni's offense could work with the warriors, but forget about healthy players

sn24
05-06-2014, 12:18 PM
Wooooooooow. Honestly didn't think that was gonna happen. He's a decent coach, he'll get a shot somewhere else.

Hopefully not though so he can go back to announcing, he was always solid on TNT.

D'antoni might actually fit with them since he requires a good pg for his system. He made Kendall Marshall look like an all star for a couple weeks. Imagine Curry's numbers under D'antoni

TooOld4thisSHIT

**ESPN with van gundy

carlos71786

no thanks jeff

OutWorkedByNo1
05-06-2014, 12:19 PM
in to hear Stephen A Smith, Bomani Jones, Jemele Hill, Michael Smith, & Michael Wilbon rage.

wifestealer
05-06-2014, 12:20 PM
he's going to the knicks if kerr doesn't take the job

sdballer5588
05-06-2014, 12:22 PM
Hahahahahaha

Okay all knowing armchair GM. Who are they going to hire that's better than him? Phil Jackson? Oh wait...

GTFO

Can you fully explain the negatives about him?

You mean aside from being unable to call plays, allow his assistants to adequately help him or do anything aside from quote bible verses?

He was the ultimate players coach and knew nothing about actual coaching.

The guy used FIVE MAN SUBS during the playoffs with the 2nd worst bench in the league. He knew nothing. His offensive sets made NO SENSE.

ifitness1
05-06-2014, 12:23 PM
Bring in Mike D'Antoni (srs). With the athletes and players they have they can be better than those Steve Nash/Amare Phoenix Suns teams.

Vulvarine
05-06-2014, 12:24 PM
You mean aside from being unable to call plays, allow his assistants to adequately help him or do anything aside from quote bible verses?

You still didn't answer my question. Premium coaches like Doc Rivers don't come around often.

SompletelyCober
05-06-2014, 12:25 PM
j_xjBAd5G84

mike2k14
05-06-2014, 12:26 PM
Mama there goes that job

BeastModeFTW
05-06-2014, 12:27 PM

But who was performance? Team improves every year, leads Warriors to 2 of the best years in franchise history, all the players loved him, and was on the verge of beating a championship caliber Clippers team without Bogut. Sends a terrible message to future coaches. Top 10 offense all 3 years with improving defense every year as well.

BrawnySwoleman
05-06-2014, 12:29 PM
Yet Kevin McPotato remains in Houston.

AkaAdonis
05-06-2014, 12:29 PM
LOL. this is great. so Warriors fans really think with a better coach you could win a championship? come back to reality. Curry is very good, I wouldn't call him elite. he's had some huge scoring games but as a complete player, I wouldn't grade him elite yet. Thompson? uhmm yea he can shoot and not much else... Lee is solid, and by solid I don't mean elite. Face it, they don't have the talent to truly compete. you need 2 elite players minimum and some complimentary pieces to win a championship.

sdballer5588
05-06-2014, 12:30 PM
You still didn't answer my question. Premium coaches like Doc Rivers don't come around often.

Coaches like Mark Jackson are a dime a dozen.

sdballer5588
05-06-2014, 12:32 PM
But who was performance? Team improves every year, leads Warriors to 2 of the best years in franchise history, all the players loved him, and was on the verge of beating a championship caliber Clippers team without Bogut. Sends a terrible message to future coaches. Top 10 offense all 3 years with improving defense every year as well.

You retarded? You honestly think Mark Jackson is the reason Curry has gotten better? Because that is why the team is better.

You guys are so stupid. You have no reason for why he's a good coach. None.

SighGR
05-06-2014, 12:33 PM
Good riddance. Dude was trash

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/849158525.gif?1397938763

wifestealer
05-06-2014, 12:35 PM
Bring in Mike D'Antoni (srs). With the athletes and players they have they can be better than those Steve Nash/Amare Phoenix Suns teams.

implying anyone on the warriors roster is better or even as good as steve nash or prime amare.

can't wait to see david lee drop 30/11 on 54% shooting in the playoffs.

sdballer5588
05-06-2014, 12:38 PM
itt: a bunch of people that don't watch the warriors commenting on the coaching

sdballer is pretty much on the money with how it was with mark jackson coaching..the only thing im worried about is how this will effect the locker room..last thing i want is a byron scott situation where curry gets pissed and wants to leave..don't think he's that kind of person though.

Curry does not seem like the type to submarine his own team for a fired coach he liked.

FGCHENG
05-06-2014, 12:38 PM
GSW went to 7 games with the loaded Clippers without Bogut and almost won too. Mark Jackson deserves to keep that job..

Oh lawd, so many coaching jobs available in the NBA right now

PepperedAngus
05-06-2014, 12:41 PM
From what I understand it was all behind the scenes stuff that got him axed.

He is not a X and O guy, and they felt players took a step backwards in on court execution and development (Harrison Barnes, Iguoudala)

And apparently he was unwilling to bring an X and O assistant in to help out because he is a control freak.

I still feel this is undeserved and kind of ridiculous, but theres a lot under the surface here personality wise that Jackson brought that I dont think ownership and management appreciated. Plus there was some off court drama with his affair and whatnot that really tarnished his image with upper management apparently.

He put the Warriors in a much better place than when he started, so there must be a lot of water under the bridge for his dismissal.

I am a little shocked, but theres more to this story we havent heard.

waias15
05-06-2014, 12:44 PM
you mess with Scal, you get the horns

Jayfence
05-06-2014, 12:45 PM
Jackson was a glorified motivational speaker

ProteinNCarbs
05-06-2014, 12:47 PM
Warriors went full potato on this one. Like i can't describe how stupid this is. Mark Jackson IS the best young coach out there right now. 15 years from now he will be talked about as one of the great coaches. I know its something to do with behind the scenes there in the organization but its definitely all on the management upstairs. Jackson is a stand up guy, players love him and he got them 2 straight seasons of 45+ wins. Hell if he got them a 50 win season this past season in a "dysfunctional" environment then i'd love to see what he'd do when its not dysfunctional.

Mark jackson knows basketball. He loves it and studies it. Not only that he's a guy that knows how to relate to players and his players WANT to play for him, they hate letting him down. You don't let that kinda coach go. He's the next Doc Rivers

Mark jackson won't be unemployed for long. He should be the Knicks next coach (sorry Steve kerr!)

Warriors are now irrelevant.

"HAND DOWN! MAN DOWN!"

sdballer5588
05-06-2014, 12:49 PM
Warriors went full potato on this one. Like i can't describe how stupid this is. Mark Jackson IS the best young coach out there right now. 15 years from now he will be talked about as one of the great coaches. I know its something to do with behind the scenes there in the organization but its definitely all on the management upstairs. Jackson is a stand up guy, players love him and he got them 2 straight seasons of 45+ wins. Hell if he got them a 50 win season this past season in a "dysfunctional" environment then i'd love to see what he'd do when its not dysfunctional.

Mark jackson knows basketball. He loves it and studies it. Not only that he's a guy that knows how to relate to players and his players WANT to play for him, they hate letting him down. You don't let that kinda coach go. He's the next Doc Rivers

Mark jackson won't be unemployed for long. He should be the Knicks next coach (sorry Steve kerr!)

"HAND DOWN! MAN DOWN!"

You are stupid as ****.

Misctify
05-06-2014, 12:51 PM
in to hear Stephen A Smith, Bomani Jones, Jemele Hill, Michael Smith, & Michael Wilbon rage.

Lol, I had to turn espn off after hearing Stephen "Al Sharpton" Smith talking about it on first take. Jesus Christ, he couldn't resist to take it as racist.

Still think he did enough to keep his job for another year tho.

RAdaRuggedMan
05-06-2014, 12:52 PM

"HAND DOWN! MAN DOWN!"

All I read was a bunch of intangibles and generalities.

HumptyBrah
05-06-2014, 12:54 PM
LOL. this is great. so Warriors fans really think with a better coach you could win a championship? come back to reality. Curry is very good, I wouldn't call him elite. he's had some huge scoring games but as a complete player, I wouldn't grade him elite yet. Thompson? uhmm yea he can shoot and not much else... Lee is solid, and by solid I don't mean elite. Face it, they don't have the talent to truly compete. you need 2 elite players minimum and some complimentary pieces to win a championship.
Woah, Warriors fans fired Jackson? This is news to me.

BeastModeFTW
05-06-2014, 12:55 PM
You retarded? You honestly think Mark Jackson is the reason Curry has gotten better? Because that is why the team is better.

You guys are so stupid. You have no reason for why he's a good coach. None.

Yes the emergency of Steph Curry has played a huge role in the improvement of the Warriors but GSW has been a great offensive team for years. The primary reason the team is where they are now is because of the improvement defensively. In Mark Jackson's first year the Warriors were ranked 26th in defensive efficiency this they were 3rd. In his short time with the Warriors Mark Jackson has transformed the Warriors from a team which never played defense into on of the top defensive units in the NBA. Firing Mark Jackson based off performance is ridiculous.

HankScorp1o
05-06-2014, 12:57 PM
Woah, Warriors fans fired Jackson? This is news to me.I think you missed the official fans meeting because it wasn't being held at a Krispy Kreme.

WRXbrah
05-06-2014, 12:57 PM
Everything else aside, I thought Mark did a terrible job of getting on the team for its terrible ball security. ****ing TOs for days and lose games by 1-2 possessions.

HumptyBrah
05-06-2014, 12:59 PM
I think you missed the official fans meeting because it wasn't being held at a Krispy Kreme.
So they didn't even honor my request?

ffs it's like they don't even care.

dsync
05-06-2014, 01:00 PM
Before the season i think the warriors were expected to finish 5-7. They did pretty well to finish 6th with Iggy/lee/Bogut missing 10-20 games each, as they could have easily missed the playoffs.

After Bogut goes down I think most people forecast LACvGSW to be a 4-1 series. Taking it to 7 = Overachieving.

If we go by results, this team couldn't have had a better season than it did. To me that means the coach isn't doing a bad job. Now if the fans/ownership hate you.... thats something entirely different. On paper though, Mark Jackson did a good job and probably doesn't deserve to be fired.

sdballer5588
05-06-2014, 01:01 PM
Yes the emergency of Steph Curry has played a huge role in the improvement of the Warriors but GSW has been a great offensive team for years. The primary reason the team is where they are now is because of the improvement defensively. In Mark Jackson's first year the Warriors were ranked 26th in defensive efficiency this they were 3rd. In his short time with the Warriors Mark Jackson has transformed the Warriors from a team which never played defense into on of the top defensive units in the NBA. Firing Mark Jackson based off performance is ridiculous.

Lol? They werent even highly ranked offensively THIS year. 12th in the league.

LetsRide21
05-06-2014, 01:07 PM
They should get Thibs

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/24/files/2013/03/ThibSlamIndy.gif
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2552805/TOMragin.gif

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/2115344/tom-thibodeau-punches-the-air-o.gif

bdub2070
05-06-2014, 01:21 PM
Good riddance. The Warriors won IN SPITE of Mark Jackson.

In b4 Thibs comes to Golden State.

Future24
05-06-2014, 01:23 PM
Lol is it true Stephen smith was irate that Jackson is getting fired while kerr is getting a job?

isp
05-06-2014, 01:26 PM
How about a little taste of whats to come...

eOtZ7eXwT7o

Day1086
05-06-2014, 01:29 PM
YES.

Just hope it doesn't fuk with the locker room too badly, I was getting rustled at how much curry was supporting MJAX since he grew up with him as a family friend

People in this thread supporting Jackson are exposed as having no legitimate opinion on the warriors. Can't wait to not watch David Lee iso's for the final 5 minutes of every game, and maybe even have a real offense

Also Mark Jackson wasn't allowing Jerry West to attend practices. Dude's a phaggot and was power trippin

SompletelyCober
05-06-2014, 01:37 PM
Lol is it true Stephen smith was irate that Jackson is getting fired while kerr is getting a job?

Motherfuker I just told you this.

Stephen is REALLY rustled about how black coaches are "unfairly" treated.

....despite the fact that black coaches are far and away treated better in the NBA than any other sports league.

Hey, here's an idea: How about you NOT be a scumbag POS disgrace to humans who everyone hates? Maybe your entire organization wouldn't hate you.

How about you DON'T cheat on your wife with hookers and get blackmailed by their pimps and then run to the feds to save you?

How about you DON'T pretend to be a holy Christian preacher while at the same time being one of the most immoral pieces of trash in the league.

Maybe then people won't hate you in spite of your team having success and want to fire you and want you to GTFO?

RIP Mark Phagson

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-bGJbPhwHXjI/U2XdHBGjVcI/AAAAAAAAGAI/k6JZoOB92yY/s1600/2.gif

BrawnySwoleman
05-06-2014, 01:38 PM
They should get Thibs

[img]http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/24/files/2013/03/ThibSlamIndy.gif[img]
[img]http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/2552805/TOMragin.gif[img]
[img]http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view6/2115344/tom-thibodeau-punches-the-air-o.gif[img]Curry's ankles after a year under Thibs:

http://www.teleread.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Broken-Stick.jpg

And as for Bogut:

http://westsoundmodern.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/full-body-cast.jpg

lsiberian
05-06-2014, 01:42 PM
Not surprising there were a lot of personal issues going on. Lionel Hollins was a far crazier firing. I suspect the Warriors will hire him since he's a great defensive coach and they already have a good offense.

Day1086
05-06-2014, 01:44 PM
Not surprising there were a lot of personal issues going on. Lionel Hollins was a far crazier firing. I suspect the Warriors will hire him since he's a great defensive coach and they already have a good offense.

nope nope nope

complete opposite

warriors defense was elite, offense was mediocre.

The fact that the offense was so bad with the weapons the warriors have... that is why I'm okay with Mark Jackson being fired

FawkinJuicy
05-06-2014, 01:47 PM
Grown. Man. Move.

PepperedAngus
05-06-2014, 02:19 PM
nope nope nope

complete opposite

warriors defense was elite, offense was mediocre.

The fact that the offense was so bad with the weapons the warriors have... that is why I'm okay with Mark Jackson being fired

This also seems to be the consensus in the building. He regressed his players offensively to progress on defense, but ownership sees all that firepower and wonders where are the points on the scoreboard?

khanvictt
05-06-2014, 02:34 PM
wow that reporter is fukkin HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT. HGNGNGNNGNGNNNNGGGGGG.

RIP MJAX....

ballzofpeaze
05-06-2014, 03:03 PM

This.

He did have an ok playoffs series tho.. Barely ok.

Mjaxx did great things for the dubs but it's time for both parties to move on.

wolveriner
05-06-2014, 03:05 PM

I kind of like this idea. They could win a lot of games 135-120

ballzofpeaze
05-06-2014, 03:06 PM
And holy fuk at how dumb some of the posts are itt..

"Warriors good offense"

HAHA. Reading that makes me want to go full rocketfish11 rant.

edreese23
05-06-2014, 03:08 PM
brb opposing coaches always left mismatches on Lee so that MJax would go to the iso and it never worked but he kept feeding it. He refused to go small or play fast even though the team excelled at it and had great personnel to do so.The team won because there was a lot of talent, not because of MJax. Hopefully, we've also seen the last of David Lee as a Warrior.

GSW needs to get permission from Chicago to talk to Thibs or bring in SVG.

05-06-2014, 03:23 PM

The guy used FIVE MAN SUBS during the playoffs with the 2nd worst bench in the league. He knew nothing. His offensive sets made NO SENSE.

Right on the money.

The Warriors have Steph Curry, Klay Thompson, and David Lee and couldn't crack top 10 in offensive efficiency. 90% of the plays they ran were iso's.. I will not miss MJax one bit. If it weren't for his motivational speaking, he would have trouble finding a high school coaching job.

You can bring up defensive stats all you want, but a team is bound to be top 5 when they have Iggy, Bogut, and Thompson (who is still a very underrated defender).

I OuTsiDeR I
05-06-2014, 03:31 PM

You guys are so stupid. You have no reason for why he's a good coach. None.He had some to do with Curry's progress. Jackson allowed Curry to gain confidence and take himself to another level. He gave him the freedom to shoot whatever he wanted. Obviously the work put in by Curry is the main thing, but as a player you need confidence, not just in yourself, but your coach, teammates all of the above.

Curry does take bad shots (although he can make them), and there are some coaches out there that yank players for taking ill advised shots, or would tell him not to take them, holding him back somewhat. Curry does well because he is comfortable with his coach and the system. Chemistry on the team was good, with the coaches available I don't really like the move.

itt: a bunch of people that don't watch the warriors commenting on the coaching

sdballer is pretty much on the money with how it was with mark jackson coaching..the only thing im worried about is how this will effect the locker room..last thing i want is a byron scott situation where curry gets pissed and wants to leave..don't think he's that kind of person though.

...no I watched a lot of games this year. One problem they had was playing up to the opponents talent level, and that can fall partly on the coach. I agree that he is more of a players coach where he builds all of their self esteem and never rips them, specifically Curry, which Curry needs sometimes. They even had problems last year closing games vs Denver. As stated I just don't like messing with team chemistry when they got something good going on, and the coaches available aren't to jump for joy over.

OutWorkedByNo1
05-06-2014, 03:42 PM
Lol, I had to turn espn off after hearing Stephen "Al Sharpton" Smith talking about it on first take. Jesus Christ, he couldn't resist to take it as racist.

RsV4VDDFNLo

WafflesBrah
05-06-2014, 03:46 PM
Mark Jackson is not a good coach.. he motivates the players which is good but when crunch time comes and let's say Warriors are down by 1 with 5 seconds left. Mark Jackson will draw up a potato play for Stephen curry which will result in him taking a bad shot or turning the ball over. People seem to be getting confused with the interpretation of being an actual coach and being a coach that motivates people to play their hardest.

arya24
05-06-2014, 04:13 PM
why not keep him 1 more year? dont see how 1 more year with jackson would hurt them

gopackgo25
05-06-2014, 04:17 PM
Jabari Parker and Mark Jackson to the Bucks.... PLEASE

SighGR
05-06-2014, 05:13 PM
RsV4VDDFNLo

This guy is full of it.

Jackson was considered for the Knicks job in '08, but they gave it to Pringles instead. Conveniently forgot by this blowhard

dsync
05-06-2014, 05:16 PM
Mark Jackson is not a good coach.. he motivates the players which is good but when crunch time comes and let's say Warriors are down by 1 with 5 seconds left. Mark Jackson will draw up a potato play for Stephen curry which will result in him taking a bad shot or turning the ball over. People seem to be getting confused with the interpretation of being an actual coach and being a coach that motivates people to play their hardest.

Whats your definition of a good coach?

Warriors Max potential with 0 injuries was 5th-8th before the season started. With the injuries (10-20 games missed by Iggy/Lee/Bogut) and integrating Iggy and changes they made their max potential was 6th. MJAX got them to 6th.

Without Bogut against the clippers they were never going to win, they mad overachieved to take the series to 7 and have a chance if J'Oneal didn't go down.

There are exactly 0 coaches in the league who would have done better with this team than MJAX, and barring any changes to this team or to the west (Pop/Duncan retiring, major injuries/trades) this is a 5th-9th team next year on paper.

At best the next coach will continue on the progression Mark Jackson had going with this team, maybe sneak into 4th. At worst you miss the playoffs next year. Seems like a bad risk/reward prop 2 me.

waisoserious
05-06-2014, 05:29 PM
do not want

give me dunleavy or karl

waytoodeep03
05-06-2014, 07:17 PM
wow that reporter is fukkin HOTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT. HGNGNGNNGNGNNNNGGGGGG.

RIP MJAX....

IN to save this thread.

More pics of Reporter below:
http://img005.lazygirls.info/people/erin_sharoni/erin_sharoni_erin_sharoni_s_photo_i_have_no_fiveho le_guess_i_should_play_goalie_11_erin_sharoni_wall papers_images_imagesboo_com_4nu1ROOz.sized.jpg

http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/002/966/169/AAA_display_image.jpg?1360356958

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-YSgqc4Zr598/UAbl_6vUNCI/AAAAAAAAC9E/fvX_QJj1_Jc/s1600/erin-sharoni-reporter.jpg

http://susanshan.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/Erin-Sharoni-Magic-Johnson.jpg

http://37.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_md4q8qCeap1r379ejo1_500.jpg

frankenberry14
05-06-2014, 07:31 PM
They should go after Lionel Hollins. The Warriors have essentially the same personnel as the Grizzlies except with much better 3 point shooting.

2pacalypto
05-06-2014, 08:49 PM
I
http://img005.lazygirls.info/people/erin_sharoni/erin_sharoni_erin_sharoni_s_photo_i_have_no_fiveho le_guess_i_should_play_goalie_11_erin_sharoni_wall papers_images_imagesboo_com_4nu1ROOz.sized.jpg

http://static3.businessinsider.com/image/4fd65ff36bb3f74f51000005/ukraine-euro-2012-little-boy.gif

SlickWick
05-06-2014, 09:55 PM
dude seemed like the ultimate potato srs

a typical mark jackson interview
"coach, how can you get back into this game?"
"we need to play warrior basketball"

brb who was offensive sets brb who was defensive system brb potato lineups brb potato isos

nice guy tho

MurkinSeason
05-06-2014, 09:56 PM
In before he becomes the pacers new coach

Phil9
05-06-2014, 10:17 PM
D'antoni might actually fit with them since he requires a good pg for his system. He made Kendall Marshall look like an all star for a couple weeks. Imagine Curry's numbers under D'antoni

D'Antoni is a perfect fit for no team that wants to win a championship.

Spill512
05-06-2014, 10:19 PM

Chill breh.

WileyKat
05-06-2014, 10:29 PM
- "we didn't play our brand of basketball"
- "careless with the ball"
- "we got out of character"
- "we know who we are"
- "lets not get it twisted"
- "give them credit"
- "stay true to the process"

MurkinSeason
05-06-2014, 10:30 PM
- "we know who we are"
- "give them credit"

This one makes me angry

Phil9
05-06-2014, 10:35 PM
- "we know who we are"
- "give them credit"

The prototypical high school basketball coach that always has a whistle around his neck.

WileyKat
05-06-2014, 10:42 PM
my favorite

- "they sent hit-men on steph"

BeatsbyYoda
05-07-2014, 03:08 AM
definitely do not understand this firing at all. I fell like the players are going to have a hard time respecting their new coach initially.

maxnas
05-07-2014, 03:44 AM

To score 110 ppg in the regular season & then crash & burn in the playoffs? (if they make it)

That's exactly what you're gonna get from D'antoni... What's the point?

ballzofpeaze
05-07-2014, 05:39 AM
Said it in another thread that was deleted but I want stan van bloody gundy.

TooOld4thisSHIT
05-07-2014, 06:22 AM
Oh lawd, hopes this sets the standard for being fired (along with nuggets and grizzlies). Bye Vogel.

Day1086
05-07-2014, 06:41 AM

Agree and think it will happen

I really don't want Kerr idk why that is being brought up as a srs option

Seems like the list is SVG Kerr hoidberg as the top 3 from what I see, I'd say 70% chance it's SVG. They were so quick on the firing I feel like they must already know the replacement

sknot1454
05-07-2014, 06:57 AM
The Warriors had a ceiling with Jackson.

He was an awful Xs and Os coach, but a great motivator.

That's good enough to get you 50 wins and maybe a playoff series every now and then with the kind of talent GS has. However, you can't contend for a championship with a guy like that.

I've been following Curry since his Davidson days and thus I've been following the Warriors. I've always kind of liked that team ever since Timmy H and Mullens days. Plus, Jerry West is a WVU alum and very involved with the organization.

I've seen plenty of their games to look past their recent success(which I think happened despite Jackson), and see the long term strategy in play.

Anyway, some things I observed about Jackson's coaching

Rotations. They were seriously confusing. He hardly ever subs in bench guys with starters. He usually just rests all starters for bench guys.

His timing was awful, too. He'd pull Curry out when he was in fire simply because it was time for a rotation. Doesn't matter if they were on a run or not. It's like he planned every substitution and time out before the game and never strayed from the plan.

His play calling at the end of games is atrocious. The Warriors might have had 60 wins if Jackson didn't sub the starters out and start running post-ISOs in the fourth quarter. Teams would start making runs, but Jackson would refuse to call a timeout because he likes to let them play it out. Losing so many games after giving up sizable leads is 100% on coaching.

Jackson seems extremely stubborn and set in his own ways, which is a terrible mindset of you're only in your third year of coaching.

Pops can do it because he's got 4 ships. Jackson hasn't done ****. Even Jason Kidd got this concept.

Also, I don't care how much better Jackson made the Warriors. You don't piss off your boss. This isn't an episode of suits. You can't just tell management to suck it 24/7 and say "What are you gonna do, fire me?" The guy isn't Phil Jackson.

I think Jackson can become a good head coach if he makes the right choices with assistants who could actually come up with an offensive system. Maybe this will be a great learning opportunity.

Also, he banned Jerry West from practices. You don't ban the god damn Logo.

KBaller33
05-07-2014, 07:10 AM
Seems like it had more to do with behind the scenes problems then on the court.

KBaller33
05-07-2014, 07:37 AM
- "we know who we are"
- "give them credit"

Lol

HumptyBrah
05-07-2014, 07:41 AM

Seems like the list is SVG Kerr hoidberg as the top 3 from what I see, I'd say 70% chance it's SVG. They were so quick on the firing I feel like they must already know the replacement
Jakes on you two, I'm being announced this afternoon as the replacement

ThatKindaGuy
05-07-2014, 07:49 AM
While MJAX cannot be blamed for the exit, he certainly isn't the best possible candidate to steer the Warriors.

Even Pringles would have done a better job utilizing what he had after Bogut was out and it was clear that the Warriors will not win a playoff series with strong defense. They should have "simply" outscored the other team. Against the Clippers it was sheer dominance of Griffin/Jordan in the paint, which comes as no surprise given the defenders.

I doubt he will find another job next season, tbh. Certain affiliations kept around as long as he managed to hold onto this job and allegedly players were unhappy with him. You can't coach an NBA team using hollywood-sports-movie type of motivational one-liners.

denny2008
05-07-2014, 08:41 AM
Jakes on you two, I'm being announced this afternoon as the replacement

They're gonna need a reinforced chair for you on the GSW bench then...

HumptyBrah
05-07-2014, 08:42 AM
I'll just sit on Andrew Bogut's shoulders

ThatKindaGuy
05-07-2014, 08:45 AM

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/images/thumb/0/0b/Iron_throne_HBO.jpg/250px-Iron_throne_HBO.jpg

Humpty might choke to death like that kunt Joeffrey, but I'd expect it to be on a piece of chicken wings rather than poisoned wine.

Day1086
05-07-2014, 09:14 AM
- "we know who we are"
- "give them credit"

"We are a no excuse basketball team"
"I'm proud of my guys"
"We battled"
"We play hard nosed basketball for 48 minutes"
"Our guys made basketball plays"

PepperedAngus
05-07-2014, 09:30 AM
Good riddance. Dude was trash

http://d3j5vwomefv46c.cloudfront.net/photos/large/849158525.gif?1397938763

loled at this gif. This sums up Lakob and Jackson's relationship perfectly from what I understand.

The frustration level just built to a breaking point.

HumptyBrah
05-07-2014, 09:38 AM
loled at this gif. This sums up Lakob and Jackson's relationship perfectly from what I understand.

The frustration level just built to a breaking point.
I'm not a fan of Lacob right now. The team has turned around under his ownership, but I'm afraid he got rid of Jackson so he can replace him with more of a yes-man, company type.

arya24
05-07-2014, 09:44 AM
damn why is everyone giving mjax so much **** wtf?? hes done nothing but improve the team every year, yet everyone here is saying hes trash? say what you want, but results are results and i feel like a lot of warriors fans are taking his work for granted.

sdballer5588
05-07-2014, 09:48 AM
I'm not a fan of Lacob right now. The team has turned around under his ownership, but I'm afraid he got rid of Jackson so he can replace him with more of a yes-man, company type.

You're crazy. Have you watched any of his interviews? He just wants someone who knows the X's and O's of the game, and gives an actual sht about advanced metrics.

HumptyBrah
05-07-2014, 10:12 AM
You're crazy. Have you watched any of his interviews? He just wants someone who knows the X's and O's of the game, and gives an actual sht about advanced metrics.
lul

I blame Michael Lewis

ThatKindaGuy
05-07-2014, 10:18 AM
He just wants someone who knows the X's and O's of the game, and gives an actual sht about advanced metrics.

So, Hollins, right?

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/lionel-hollins-reaction-grizzlies-loss.gif

sdballer5588
05-07-2014, 10:23 AM
lol @ above. Hollins will get a job next year though, especially if the Clips keep this run up. Doc always has baller assistant coaches.

SVG is obviously the best coach available. I literally have no idea how he hasn't been hired. His system is also perfect for the GSW.

HumptyBrah
05-07-2014, 11:01 AM
lol @ above. Hollins will get a job next year though, especially if the Clips keep this run up. Doc always has baller assistant coaches.

SVG is obviously the best coach available. I literally have no idea how he hasn't been hired. His system is also perfect for the GSW.
Yeah I think he'd look good on the GSW bench

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/dam/assets/130327124458-jeremy-lead-vertical-gallery.jpg

Cannonsex
05-07-2014, 11:48 AM
Why the hell is Lacob so mad at MJax? I mean he lead this team to back to back playoff appearance which hasnt happened in 20 years for the warriors. His Warriors gave the wcfinalists spurs hell. If it wasn't for Ginnobli's clutch 3 then they would have went to Oracle last year holding a 2-0 lead against the spurs. Who knos what would have happened then. This year Warriors brought the clips to 7 games when everyone thought they were gettign swept without bogut.
By that logic then bringing in Phil Jackson would have turned this "underachieving" Warriors team into a 10-peat dynasty

just4kickz
05-08-2014, 06:40 AM

Agreed. George Karl would be their 2nd best option IMO. SVG is interested from what I've been hearing. I hope the warriors get him. This will be the best roster he's ever coached. If he can take a team with Dwight and a bunch of scrubs to the finals, I'm sure he can have great success with this team.

ballzofpeaze
05-08-2014, 06:46 AM

I feel like SVG is the only coach who could potentially move the squad into WCF contention.

Hollins is a great coach but I don't think he suits the demands of the team following the results of the last two years.

And I think that going for Kerr is stupid. Don't know what we would receive. With the roster as talented as it is right now, they gotta utilise this potentially short window of opportunity and turn it in to success.