PDA

View Full Version : So what are the cliffs on the galaxy s5? Ordering soon

f355f1
05-05-2014, 08:32 PM
I'm pretty set on ordering one here in the next 2 weeks in white.

m8 better? get a g2 instead - wait for g3?

GinoFelino
05-05-2014, 08:40 PM
I've been debating on ordering a G2 (don't want to wait for G3) or an S5. I think I'm set on getting and S5 with one of these to have battery for days. S5 already gets good battery life as is and I've always preferred a removeable battery.

http://zerolemon.com/product/zerolemon-samsung-galaxy-s5-tricell-armor-7500mah-extended-battery-black-tpu-case/

I'm coming from a ****ty Galaxy Nexus that currently burns through 2 extended batteries and a decent amount into a 3rd OEM battery in my normal daily use. Don't know what the hell is wrong with it or the batteries, but I'm fed up with worrying about battery life.

Domina8r
05-05-2014, 08:53 PM
pretty much exactly the same as the 3 i had, with a better screen and bit quicker

brianphi
05-05-2014, 08:54 PM
Work for a wireless provider... have an s5 personal and m8 work phone... lots of weird little annoying things with the m8.. it's good but like the s5 lots better and superior camera (fast focus and more accurate colors imo).

Have set up some g2's for large organizations and am pretty impressed with it Esp for a free phone.

Spill512
05-05-2014, 09:05 PM
Work for a wireless provider... have an s5 personal and m8 work phone... lots of weird little annoying things with the m8.. it's good but like the s5 lots better and superior camera (fast focus and more accurate colors imo).

Have set up some g2's for large organizations and am pretty impressed with it Esp for a free phone.

Have the htc one, not the m8, and I agree there are so many little annoying things. HTC, never again. Going back to Samsung phones after my contract ends.

f355f1
05-05-2014, 09:12 PM
I've been debating on ordering a G2 (don't want to wait for G3) or an S5. I think I'm set on getting and S5 with one of these to have battery for days. S5 already gets good battery life as is and I've always preferred a removeable battery.

http://zerolemon.com/product/zerolemon-samsung-galaxy-s5-tricell-armor-7500mah-extended-battery-black-tpu-case/

I'm coming from a ****ty Galaxy Nexus that currently burns through 2 extended batteries and a decent amount into a 3rd OEM battery in my normal daily use. Don't know what the hell is wrong with it or the batteries, but I'm fed up with worrying about battery life.

i know that upgrade and **** battery feel

this will be my first 4g phone lol

so would you spend the extra to have the s5 over the g2?

brianphi
05-05-2014, 09:20 PM
i know that upgrade and **** battery feel

this will be my first 4g phone lol

so would you spend the extra to have the s5 over the g2?

Well.. I did.. and would again... it's a solid known device... will fetch some money when I'm done with it, waterproof to a few feet.. fantastic screen. Great camera (very important to me)

If I was on a budget though the g2 is a far nicer phone than I expected... I have nothing bad to say about it.

It sucks spending money.. but remember it's gotta last you almost 2 years... I've had good luck with my Samsung phones working that long. Not enough experience with LG's personally.

f355f1
05-05-2014, 09:24 PM
Well.. I did.. and would again... it's a solid known device... will fetch some money when I'm done with it, waterproof to a few feet.. fantastic screen. Great camera (very important to me)

If I was on a budget though the g2 is a far nicer phone than I expected... I have nothing bad to say about it.

Camera/video is the most important to me over anything. I upgrade very slowly so I'll probably just invest into the s5 and sit on it until something dwarfs it in a year or two.

KilaByte
05-05-2014, 09:36 PM

Fellow Ma$$hole brah, my S4 lasts a day under decent use, you don't need that ugly brick.

Lb54TG
05-05-2014, 11:21 PM
Great camera, great screen, refreshed UI, great battery life w/ ultra power saving mode, nice feel.