PDA

View Full Version : 4k Footage

InstantLoser
05-05-2014, 05:38 PM
In anticipation of tomorrow, I figured if anyone wants to get in some requests for 4k gaming footage, now'd be the time. My pair of EVGA GTX780 6GB cards will be arriving and then I'll be testing various games out at 4k on my SEIKI UHD TV. Please be advised that it only does 4k @ 30hz (will be getting a 4k 60hz monitor as soon as I sell my ITX machine), so don't expect amazingly fluid frame rates. YouTube caps your videos at 30 FPS anyway so it shouldn't be a big deal.

Games I have:

Metro 2033
Metro: Last Light
Skyrim w/lots of graphical mods
Elder Scrolls Online
EVE Online
LOTRO
GW2
Rift
ARMA 2
Daylight
Kerbal Space Program
Space Engineers
Fallout: New Vegas
HL2 w/intense graphic mods
Diablo 3
Rust
Lichdom (Alpha)
Oblivion
Morrowind (not sure this will support 4k)
Betrayer (Alpha)
Assassins' Creed: Black Flag

Off the top of my head this is what I can think of right now. I know I have more games in my Steam account, but I'm at work so I'll have to update the list later. If there is a game you want to see that I didn't list, and it can be bought fairly cheaply on Steam (or Digital Download), I'll probably pick it up and make a video for you.

tdnick
05-05-2014, 06:14 PM
Arma 2 would be neat

InstantLoser
05-05-2014, 06:15 PM
Arma 2 would be neat

Alrighty. I took tomorrow off from work so I'll be sure to get some Arma 2 footage.

Otaman
05-05-2014, 06:19 PM
do Metro Last Light if you can OP

the lighting effects in that game were unreal. Can't imagine how it would look in 4k

InstantLoser
05-05-2014, 07:01 PM
do Metro Last Light if you can OP

the lighting effects in that game were unreal. Can't imagine how it would look in 4k

You got it. Depending on how many requests I get, I may just splice all the video clips together and make one large video in segments.

tdnick
05-05-2014, 07:03 PM
You got it. Depending on how many requests I get, I may just splice all the video clips together and make one large video in segments.

Do that

InstantLoser
05-06-2014, 09:15 PM
Update: I got a bad card. 1 is good, the other has bad memory. Causes my system to completely shut down when using past 3GB of Video Memory. Will be sending it back, already setup the RMA and awaiting a replacement. From what I can see though, 4k modded Skyrim really whips my system's a$$ despite the 6GB VRAM. I was getting like 15-20 FPS with 1 card. Pretty bad, lol. Does pretty well @ 1440p though, around 45 FPS with 1 card which is a pretty good step in the right direction.

Will have to postpone 4k videos until I get my replacement card. Sorry.

tdnick
05-06-2014, 09:34 PM
Update: I got a bad card. 1 is good, the other has bad memory. Causes my system to completely shut down when using past 3GB of Video Memory. Will be sending it back, already setup the RMA and awaiting a replacement. From what I can see though, 4k modded Skyrim really whips my system's a$$ despite the 6GB VRAM. I was getting like 15-20 FPS with 1 card. Pretty bad, lol. Does pretty well @ 1440p though, around 45 FPS with 1 card which is a pretty good step in the right direction.

Will have to postpone 4k videos until I get my replacement card. Sorry.

Such disappoint

InstantLoser
05-06-2014, 09:56 PM
Such disappoint

Considering I took a day off from work only to spend several hours troubleshooting and swapping out power supplies only to find out the card I waited like 10 days to get was bad.. yeah, "such disappoint" indeed.

KilaByte
05-06-2014, 11:02 PM
Ouch that sucks.

I was going to see if you could use Vimeo instead but haven't even checked it's 4k support.
Upload the raw footage to Dropbox :D

InstantLoser
05-07-2014, 12:08 AM
Ouch that sucks.

I was going to see if you could use Vimeo instead but haven't even checked it's 4k support.
Upload the raw footage to Dropbox :D

The raw footage is several gigabytes per minute. You have to convert it to mp4 or mk4 to make it feasible to even put it on YouTube and it still takes quite a while to upload. I have like 2Mbps upstream. Not really time friendly.. lol.