PDA

View Full Version : morrowind being recreated with skyrim engine fuarrrk!!!!

scythiss1
05-05-2014, 03:56 AM
they are adding tons of new features to the game too gonna be hngggg!!!!

QT0wo3q3HXc

scythiss1
05-05-2014, 03:57 AM
that melody at tree fiddy hnggggg!!!!

LaurenceW
05-05-2014, 04:58 AM
I didn't play Morrowind, will I still enjoy this? Looks great from the video

scythiss1
05-05-2014, 05:12 AM

wat? morrowind is the goat elder of scrolls game. Even the the graphics and features are dookie compared to oblivion and skyrim morrowind still is a better game by far. So yes you will enjoy it, even pick up the original you will have an amazing time and realize how worse es games have gotten over series. Don't take me saying as oblivion and skyrim are bad games, they are still amazing games but morrowind just blows them out of water.

vvvaaa
05-05-2014, 05:13 AM
Let's hope it doesn't happen like all the other huge mods. Takes 3 years until half of them lose interest.

scythiss1
05-05-2014, 05:15 AM
Let's hope it doesn't happen like all the other huge mods. Takes 3 years until half of them lose interest.

I would be heartbroken brah. This game looks breathtaking. People been asking for a remake of morrowind for a long time and now they are using the skyrim engine to recreate it. Also the graphics in this game look a lot better than skyrim too me for some reason. The texture just looks so much more advanced.

canconfirm
05-05-2014, 06:57 AM
I would be heartbroken brah. This game looks breathtaking. People been asking for a remake of morrowind for a long time and now they are using the skyrim engine to recreate it. Also the graphics in this game look a lot better than skyrim too me for some reason. The texture just looks so much more advanced.agreed, although the skyrim inferface for the inventory and **** just puts me off.. would be better if it was morrowind UI

Msaki75
05-05-2014, 07:31 AM
Can't see vid at work but is it an official game or a PC mod? I was too young to really get into morrowind when it originally came out but oblivion and skyrim are 2 games I've put 100s of hours in

LtDan89
05-05-2014, 08:12 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/queenanthai/Made%20Of%20Fail/shutupandtakemymoney_zps3bbbd52e.jpeg

magog704
05-05-2014, 08:30 AM
skyrim on console is easily the best es game. now being doubles advocate and granite its the only es game ive ever played, but still

scythiss1
05-05-2014, 08:37 AM
skyrim on console is easily the best es game. now being doubles advocate and granite its the only es game ive ever played, but still

Lol you are so wrong brah.

scythiss1
05-05-2014, 08:40 AM
Can't see vid at work but is it an official game or a PC mod? I was too young to really get into morrowind when it originally came out but oblivion and skyrim are 2 games I've put 100s of hours in

It's a mod brah. Huge huge one though. Watch vid you won't regret.

Comboking
05-05-2014, 08:44 AM
Instead of just remaking morrowwind, i really hoped they would just connect all 3, morrowwind,oblivion and skyrim, since they are all connected i believe
Sure their separate stories were all hundreds of years apart, but let be serious it would be fun as fok to travel from the most northern point of skyrim, south through skyrims mountain range towards the capital, then to the deserts of morrowwind

inb4 that is ESO, but let be serious i dont think you can even access skyrim in ESO yet and i doubt it will be as detailed or as big as the actual skyrim game

vvvaaa
05-05-2014, 08:48 AM
Instead of just remaking morrowwind, i really hoped they would just connect all 3, morrowwind,oblivion and skyrim, since they are all connected i believe
Sure their separate stories were all hundreds of years apart, but let be serious it would be fun as fok to travel from the most northern point of skyrim, south through skyrims mountain range towards the capital, then to the deserts of morrowwind

inb4 that is ESO, but let be serious i dont think you can even access skyrim in ESO yet and i doubt it will be as detailed or as big as the actual skyrim gameI'd pay good money to be a lord in Skyrim with a mansion in Leyawiin and be able to travel between the two.

vordulmega
05-05-2014, 08:55 AM
dat music... right in the feels

HurpnDurp
05-05-2014, 08:58 AM
Been following for this for a while.. can't wait.

SynapticCleft
05-05-2014, 10:12 AM

Yes, if you want to play morrowind now there are graphics enhancement mods for morrowind that will up the res of textures and make it look joocy.

The best times for me when playing morrowind was when I literally stole everything in the starting town and then used the tes edit to put OP weps and armor in the hollowed out stump.

PaddleBunt
05-05-2014, 12:07 PM
Seems like a working version of it is already out?

Been watching this guy play it and this is 6 months old, game looks sick

pDDQkdnWZ8Q

InstantLoser
05-05-2014, 12:23 PM
It's a mod brah. Huge huge one though. Watch vid you won't regret.

What is it a mod of though? Do you have to have Skyrim installed and this overwrites it, or do you overwrite a Morrowind installation? I'm guessing by looking at it that they are using higher resolution textures than the original Skyrim (probably 2k textures) and more advanced lighting effects. It probably directly incorporates some Skyrim mods as the base game package. I imagine ENB will work with this pretty much "out of the box", or with minimal changes.

FinalCountdown
05-05-2014, 12:27 PM
yeah known about this for a while, doubt it'll be out any time soon

MURedHawk235
05-05-2014, 12:34 PM
What is it a mod of though? Do you have to have Skyrim installed and this overwrites it, or do you overwrite a Morrowind installation? I'm guessing by looking at it that they are using higher resolution textures than the original Skyrim (probably 2k textures) and more advanced lighting effects. It probably directly incorporates some Skyrim mods as the base game package. I imagine ENB will work with this pretty much "out of the box", or with minimal changes.

I'm fairly certain its just a giant overhaul mod for skyrim making it into morrowwind (or as close to it as possible).

JADDENCOR
05-05-2014, 12:34 PM
They've been working on this for so long, just hope it comes out I don't care how long it takes. I really really hope they don't give up would be such a waste

InstantLoser
05-05-2014, 12:38 PM
I'm fairly certain its just a giant overhaul mod for skyrim making it into morrowwind (or as close to it as possible).

That makes sense since they're using the more advanced graphics engine, they'd need to base everything off the base Skyrim files.
I'm good either way. I own both games, as well as Oblivion if they care to make an Obliviwind (or Skyvion?).

Vagitarian
05-05-2014, 12:46 PM
Meh, the art assets and chit that they are redoing is cool, but unfortunately all of the game mechanics and game design from Morrowind will be lost with 'porting' it to Skyrim's engine.

It will basically just be a Morrowind paint job.

If you're a real Elder Scrolls/Morrowind fan then you already know about OpenMW (recreating MW in a completely custom engine and are waiting for that.

canconfirm
05-05-2014, 04:18 PM
Meh, the art assets and chit that they are redoing is cool, but unfortunately all of the game mechanics and game design from Morrowind will be lost with 'porting' it to Skyrim's engine.

It will basically just be a Morrowind paint job.

If you're a real Elder Scrolls/Morrowind fan then you already know about OpenMW (recreating MW in a completely custom engine and are waiting for that.

exactly. skyrim combat and UI was worse than morrowind imo

gbullock32
05-05-2014, 04:31 PM
I'd pay $60 all over again jut for that mod... loved Morrowind; still play it from time to time to remind me what gaming can achieve as far as story/immersion go.

InstantLoser
05-05-2014, 04:47 PM
To me, it looks somewhere between the graphics of Vanilla and Modded Skyrim. Really not THAT impressive in a graphical sense, although these videos are probably of incomplete footage (ie the game will look better, have better shadows, lighting, etc when complete). It may have been kind of low res too, unsure about that. I'm used to playing at 1440p or greater, so I probably have a skewed perspective.

Thinking I may go on the site and volunteer my services. I know I could do some voice acting, and probably provide some art work. Kinda gets me excited thinking about having my work show up in a game.

scythiss1
05-06-2014, 02:40 AM
wattt how are some of you brahs not stoked for this mod looks ffffffing fantastic. Also they implementing tons of new features brahs. I don't care how long they take, I feel like the longer they take the better the turnout. Morrowind is def one of my top 5 games.

Jinru
05-06-2014, 02:43 AM
exactly. skyrim combat and UI was worse than morrowind imo

not sure if srs.

*miss*
*miss*
*miss*
*miss*
*hit*
*miss*
*miss*
*hit*
*miss*
*miss*
*miss*
RAGEQUIT

Vagitarian
05-06-2014, 03:15 AM
not sure if srs.

*miss*
*miss*
*miss*
*miss*
*hit*

RAGEQUIT

lrn2fitenub

Lb54TG
05-06-2014, 05:57 AM
Is this developed by Bethesda? Or is it just a mod?

I've never played morrowind. My first es was skyrim and I loved it

Edit nvm

gbullock32
05-06-2014, 08:05 AM
Is this developed by Bethesda? Or is it just a mod?

I've never played morrowind. My first es was skyrim and I loved it

Edit nvmIf you liked Skyrim you should play both Morrowind and Oblivion. Honestly Oblivion was my favorite, got so immersed in it; the original ES games are fun too in an old/vintage way also.

aKKuRaCy
05-06-2014, 10:07 AM
really hope they don't keep the Morrowind combat system. Only complaint I had about an otherwise godly game. Combat was fuking atrocious

scythiss1
05-10-2014, 02:44 AM
really hope they don't keep the Morrowind combat system. Only complaint I had about an otherwise godly game. Combat was fuking atrocious

every es I played combat sucked donkey cawk. Only good combat is the mmo.

WApolo
05-10-2014, 03:05 AM
Looks great in the trailer, hopefully it can be pulled off in the end. Morrowind was my ES game and I loved it at the time but Oblivion blew it out of the water in terms of playability and then Skyrim did the same thing when it came out. I really prefer Skyim's interface and combat system to everything that came before.

Morrowind if converted will be so freaking detailed, I'd pay quite a bit just to explore the landscape when its updated.