PDA

View Full Version : I really want to buy DayZ SA but...

Death Strike
05-05-2014, 12:50 AM
the game looks like such utter crap right, I don't want to support it

- zombies aren't even a threat
- no vehicles
- one map

I just feel really let down by how little progress has been made, especially when you compare to how much more awesome stuff the original mod has (which is free, not that price is an issue, it's just that when you pay for something that's normally free, you expect something better).

Even simple things like the zombies, why are they so under powered? Last I played the original Arma II mod, you moved carefully around the zombies because they were an actual threat (most hits would cause a bleed out and they were really hard to get rid of).

Only reason I stopped playing the original was because of hackers. If they could even just say something about how hackers have been dramatically reduced, I might get it.

Perhaps that's why they suggest you don't buy it but then why have it available on steam for so long? To me it seems like it's just a cop out so they can't be held to any expectations.

At the rate at which it's currently going I should probably just move on to something else.

/rant

freeburn
05-05-2014, 12:58 AM
i felt the same way, bought it, and now its pretty much all i play. game is so much fun with a few friends. even as broken as it is theres so much about it to appreciate. never played a MP game where human interaction is such an intense thing. it def needs vehicles, but they have good spawns right now so its really not hard to find people, and running from one end of the map to a good spot takes like 15 minutes max if you know how to navigate.

Enemy12
05-05-2014, 01:26 AM
There aren't that many zombie survival games out that are actually worth playing. In a few weeks they will release H1Z1, give that a try.

I've had my share of fun so far with Dayz SA and I agree the game needs alot of work. Two things to keep in mind: the game will always lag horribly(terrible engine) + the zombies will never work properly. That said they can still vastly improve the game by adding more content(guns/vehicles/towns etc) and upping the player count.

Budjola
05-05-2014, 01:34 AM
try state of decay, its not goat but its nice zombie game. singleplayer tho i thik.

PatHead
05-05-2014, 01:35 AM
zombies were hard to get rid of in the mod?

but who was hiding in a pine tree for 5 seconds?

LaurenceW
05-05-2014, 04:57 AM
Maybe H1Z1 may surpass DayZ SA, at least things seem to be developing at an acceptable rate with that project. DayZ development speed is a joke, brb vehicles are planned for 1 years time. I do think that DayZ has more potential in the long run, we'll just have to wait another 2 years lol.

Heych1995
05-05-2014, 05:03 AM
was broke as fuk and bought dayz sa crew
fuk u rocket i want my money back crew

TrancE_AddicT
05-05-2014, 01:36 PM
Get Arma 3 and download Breaking Point awesome zombie mod currently the #2 most played mod in Arma 3. It's got over 50+ weapons with tons of attachments, vehicles, building, classes with different objectives to level up.

Heych1995
05-05-2014, 01:52 PM
rocket plz respond

tdnick
05-05-2014, 01:56 PM
Had it in my shopping cart ready to pay and backed out because I know it's a chit game but I kinda wanted it anyways. Pretty glad I didn't buy it

eXistenceLies
05-05-2014, 02:38 PM
wait for h1z1

TheOneArmedMan
05-05-2014, 06:50 PM
I tried it but found it boring. took forever to collect any gear. Definitely play it with friends.

CoreMaster75
05-05-2014, 06:58 PM
Just watched one of Frankie's most recent videos, looked like it was recorded within the last week or so. Game is still broken to a laughable point.

Main glitches in just one 30 minute vid:

1. Climbed tower. At the top, equipped his gun, which instantly glitches him off the tower and made him fall. Suffered no fall damage after a 5 story drop.

2. Bled out, because the bandages wouldn't work. He had bandages, but no option came up to bandage himself.

3. Upon spawning in, observed a firefight between 6 people, 3 close to him. They never reloaded. He killed one and found that they had hacked in all their gear, and were using glitched magazines with infinite ammo that never needed to be reloaded.

everblue
05-05-2014, 07:36 PM
It's in alpha, that's why it's only $30

They're using the same pricing model as Arma 3.....It will be $30 during alpha, $45 during beta, and $60 at final launch. Obviously there will be steam sales down the road but that's probably a couple of years away.

I haven't played it lately because I have at least 100 hours into it and have a fully decked out survivor. Probably will not play again until vehicles, more firearms, and functional mechanics of the game are implemented (such as the consequence of running with waterlogged shoes)

Is it a great game now? I think it's fun as fuk, but it's not at its full potential, even Dean Hall said that. However, it will be GOAT when it's fully launched.

wait for h1z1

and prepared to be extremely disappointed

seriously, Smedley is almost on the same level as Sergey Titov

Manupbrah
05-05-2014, 07:51 PM
the game looks like such utter crap right, I don't want to support it

- zombies aren't even a threat
- no vehicles
- one map

I just feel really let down by how little progress has been made, especially when you compare to how much more awesome stuff the original mod has (which is free, not that price is an issue, it's just that when you pay for something that's normally free, you expect something better).

Even simple things like the zombies, why are they so under powered? Last I played the original Arma II mod, you moved carefully around the zombies because they were an actual threat (most hits would cause a bleed out and they were really hard to get rid of).

Only reason I stopped playing the original was because of hackers. If they could even just say something about how hackers have been dramatically reduced, I might get it.

Perhaps that's why they suggest you don't buy it but then why have it available on steam for so long? To me it seems like it's just a cop out so they can't be held to any expectations.

At the rate at which it's currently going I should probably just move on to something else.

/rant

Buy rust, it's much better, more optimized, in DayZ SA can only have 40 ppl on a server and a huge world, frustrating to travel because map is so big and boring, nicknamed hiking simulator for a reason. In rust.. servers can hold up to 200 ppl, much more combat and action, bcuz u run into more people. + Can build a house, (base) and share it with ur team if u want one.

eXistenceLies
05-05-2014, 08:22 PM
and prepared to be extremely disappointed

seriously, Smedley is almost on the same level as Sergey Titov

I think not. Way better graphics and they listen to people. They also have money to back it up.

FckCarrots
05-05-2014, 08:34 PM
alpha

drvillain
05-05-2014, 08:51 PM
was broke as fuk and bought dayz sa crew
fuk u rocket i want my money back crew

member of the crew checking in

ImJJames
05-05-2014, 09:11 PM
game got boring within 15 minutes, worst buy ever.

everblue
05-05-2014, 09:30 PM
I think not. Way better graphics and they listen to people. They also have money to back it up.

They're basically taking Planetside 2 and adding zombies (Which is pretty much what they did with War, Inc. to make WarZ)

All of SOE's games now are pay to win as fuk (just like WarZ)

The progress is slow as fuk with Planetside 2. Been waiting for them to implement Cyssor, but they sure as hell added a chit ton of garbage you can buy on the marketplace

it's going to be free to DL so there's no harm in trying it out, i'm just saying don't put too much faith into it. Smedley has a track record of disappointment

freeburn
05-05-2014, 09:40 PM
h1z1 is gunna be a free to play game?

i dunno man, there is a ton of screwy **** with dayz, but i still think its probably the most ambitious game out right now. no vehicles is ass, but they fixed loot so finding gear is easy as ****. last time i died it took me about 1 hour to run to the airfield and find an m4 with some ammo. food and water is everywhere so thats not really an issue. the main problem is zombies going through walls and other small glitches. its really bad when you spend days or weeks with a character then die because you lagspike off a building or glitch off a ladder or stair set.

this game is probably bad if you play alone, but with friends its the most fun shooter game game out right now IMO

Heych1995
05-06-2014, 05:38 AM
rocket im srs i want my money back

Ronnie87
05-06-2014, 08:28 AM
Rust is good, will be better when they update the game and make it harder to hack

Lawlzorz
05-06-2014, 02:53 PM
DayZ SA is borderline unplayable at its current build to me. That being said in a year or more it will probably be amazing so I'm not rly mad I only paid 29.99