PDA

View Full Version : Who would you rather build your team around? NBA

svtballa
05-04-2014, 11:08 AM
Kobe or Garnett? Srs the rings are on Kobe's side obviously but I'd personally rather build around KG. Come at me

YellowOnYellow
05-04-2014, 11:15 AM
If you show me a 18 year old kobe and garnett and not know how many rings they get...garnett 10/10 times.

Ie oden vs durant.

ThatKindaGuy
05-04-2014, 11:16 AM
Without ANY knowledge of what they are capable of: Garnett. When in doubt, always pick the big guy (goes for drafts too).

But knowing what Kobe can do, I don't see how anyone would side with Garnett, except if he brought a ring to your home town.

ctownballer04
05-04-2014, 11:16 AM
If you show me a 18 year old kobe and garnett and not know how many rings they get...garnett 10/10 times.

Ie oden vs durant.

I cry everytime

BeastModeFTW
05-04-2014, 11:22 AM
Kobe

BiggyPharma
05-04-2014, 11:25 AM
It's about even to me. Kobe got lucky to be with Shaq early on, then got even luckier when the Grizzlies gave Pau Gasol to the Lakers for free. Garnette had nobody to play with till he went to Boston.

Twerk4it
05-04-2014, 11:27 AM
Lol at bringing the ring argument into this one for Kobe, KG played on worse teams and when he was finally on a good team he won as the anchor, and if not for getting injured himself and Perk getting injured the next year KG could very well have 2-3 rings and Kobe 2-3 rings.

KG is the obvious choice.

sdballer5588
05-04-2014, 11:31 AM
Garnett, and it's not even close.

Texans14
05-04-2014, 11:32 AM
Tim Duncan

ThatKindaGuy
05-04-2014, 11:33 AM
Lol at bringing the ring argument into this one for Kobe, KG played on worse teams and when he was finally on a good team he won as the anchor, and if not for getting injured himself and Perk getting injured the next year KG could very well have 2-3 rings and Kobe 2-3 rings.

KG is the obvious choice.

IF IF IF IF IF ... nice hypothesis.

Twerk4it
05-04-2014, 11:35 AM

I said if once bitch, and point is Kobe's been luckier.

ThatKindaGuy
05-04-2014, 11:37 AM
I said if once bitch, and point is Kobe's been luckier.

You said if KG was healthy, AND Perk, then he COULD HAVE had 2-3 rings? lulwut?

Kobe was NOT luckier. Kobe has longevity. Kobe made smart decisions. Kobe knew he wanted to go to the Lakers and got his will. KG wasted most of his career on a potato team and thats on him and no one else.

sdballer5588
05-04-2014, 11:39 AM

Kobe was NOT luckier. Kobe has longevity. Kobe made smart decisions. Kobe knew he wanted to go to the Lakers and got his will. KG wasted most of his career on a potato team and thats on him and no one else.

What? Kobe got drafted by a team that BOUGHT Shaq. The most dominant player of all time, who carried him to 3 rings. He had the greatest coach of all time.

How is that NOT determined by luck, as Kevin Garnett wasted away in Minnesota.

I get it. You love Kobe. That is not reason to throw logic to the wind and say stupid things like this.

Gerald151
05-04-2014, 11:42 AM

This is a hypothetical thread, you fuktard.

ThatKindaGuy
05-04-2014, 11:43 AM
What? Kobe got drafted by a team that BOUGHT Shaq.

Kobe got drafted by Charlotte ...

Did the TWolves owner put a gun to Garnett's head when he signed the new contract after the rookie contract? Nope.

sdballer5588
05-04-2014, 11:45 AM
Kobe got drafted by Charlotte ...

You seriously unaware? Kobe told Charlotte he would never play there and that he would simply stay overseas for the duration of the contract if he was not traded to the Lakers the second he was drafted. He was open about not playing ANYWHERE other than LA.

Looks like I know way more about Kobe than you do. Ironic isn't it. That is the SECOND time Kobe held a franchise hostage, for those keeping score.

Couthos
05-04-2014, 11:45 AM
Doesn't even matter. Kobe won rings cuz he was on the Lakers and KG wasted too many years on the twolves. Twolves aren't winning shet just like lebron wasn't going to win shet in cleveland because cleveland is a shet organization

If Garnett was on the Lakers from day one, he would have won many rings because they would have got him tons of help. Shett if Garnett was on the Lakers from day one and Kobe was on the TWOLVES, Lakers would have waited until kobe was a FA, picked up Kobe and KG+Kobe would have gone on to win 5 rings together.. That's just how the respective teams do business

ThatKindaGuy
05-04-2014, 11:46 AM
You seriously unaware?

Kobe made smart decisions. Kobe knew he wanted to go to the Lakers and got his will.

Totally brah, totally

Looks like I know way more about Kobe than you do. Ironic isn't it.

sdballer5588
05-04-2014, 11:47 AM

WHAT? Rofl. How is that smart? Yeah it is very smart to force your way onto teams.

I bet you complain about the Heat "superteam" yet you are APPARENTLY entirely okay with what they did.

You are dumb as **** man. You're willing to contradict yourself as long as it ends with you being able to gargle that dudes nuts. Pathetic.

MurkinSeason
05-04-2014, 11:47 AM
You seriously unaware? Kobe told Charlotte he would never play there and that he would simply stay overseas for the duration of the contract if he was not traded to the Lakers the second he was drafted. He was open about not playing ANYWHERE other than LA.

Looks like I know way more about Kobe than you do. Ironic isn't it. That is the SECOND time Kobe held a franchise hostage, for those keeping score.

Made a path for all the future whiny spoiled athletes. Eli manning can tell you about that

ThatKindaGuy
05-04-2014, 11:49 AM
WHAT? Rofl. How is that smart? Yeah it is very smart to force your way onto teams.

He didn't force himself ONTO a team, he forced himself OUT of Charlotte. The Lakers obviously wanted him, its not like Kobe showed up in front of their training facility doors and knocked until they finally let him in.

You made a dumb post about how you know more about Kobe than I do, telling me about how he forced his way out of Charlotte, when that was obviously was I was refering to when I said "he wanted to go to the Lakers and got his will". Reading comprehension?

Damn man, you are falling to Shweezy-level of basketball incompetence. Step up your game, bro.

And how is it not smart btw?

Kobe: 5 rings
KG: 1 ring

Duh?

jross2021
05-04-2014, 11:55 AM

Lmfao. Well it's settled, Kobe is the right choice.

sdballer5588
05-04-2014, 11:57 AM
He didn't force himself ONTO a team, he forced himself OUT of Charlotte. The Lakers obviously wanted him, its not like Kobe showed up in front of their training facility doors and knocked until they finally let him in.

You made a dumb post about how you know more about Kobe than I do, telling me about how he forced his way out of Charlotte, when that was obviously was I was refering to when I said "he wanted to go to the Lakers and got his will". Reading comprehension?

Damn man, you are falling to Shweezy-level of basketball incompetence. Step up your game, bro.

And how is it not smart btw?

Kobe: 5 rings
KG: 1 ring

Duh?

Lol, no you are wrong again. Kobe did not force himself OUT OF CHARLOTTE, he forced himself ONTO THE LAKERS. You moron. I repeat. You know nothing about Kobe rofl.

You can try all the revisionist history you want, just like every phaggot kobe fan does, nothing will change that he FORCED his way onto the LAKERS. Lol @ "out of charlotte" like that makes you feel better or something.

montecarlo
05-04-2014, 11:59 AM

this.

imagine if KG had the level of teammates kobe had throughout his career....ho lee fuuukkkkkkkkkkk cuzzzzzz

MurkinSeason
05-04-2014, 11:59 AM
Kobe Bryant even had a big head coming out of highschool. Thinking he can just run chit and do whatever he wants.

And god damn it he was absolutely right.

Rebounds45
05-04-2014, 12:00 PM
You cant go wrong with either tbh

KG was putting up ridiculous numbers for a PF. 6 assists per game mane

jross2021
05-04-2014, 12:00 PM
Lol, no you are wrong again. Kobe did not force himself OUT OF CHARLOTTE, he forced himself ONTO THE LAKERS. You moron. I repeat. You know nothing about Kobe rofl.

You can try all the revisionist history you want, just like every phaggot kobe fan does, nothing will change that he FORCED his way onto the LAKERS. Lol @ "out of charlotte" like that makes you feel better or something.
Cute how a LeBron fan is crying about a player wanting to play on a a good team. At least Kobe never promised Charlotte a ring. You're arguing semantics right now anyway, his point was that kg didn't have to stay in Minnesota, but he did and that was his choice. KG doesn't compare to Kobe, Kobe is top 5 all time and you wanting kg instead just proves that Kobe at some point touched you in the feels.

ThatKindaGuy
05-04-2014, 12:01 PM
Kobe Bryant even had a big head coming out of highschool. Thinking he can just run chit and do whatever he wants.

And god damn it he was absolutely right.

lol, this

sdballer5588
05-04-2014, 12:07 PM
Cute how a LeBron fan is crying about a player wanting to play on a a good team. At least Kobe never promised Charlotte a ring. You're arguing semantics right now anyway, his point was that kg didn't have to stay in Minnesota, but he did and that was his choice. KG doesn't compare to Kobe, Kobe is top 5 all time and you wanting kg instead just proves that Kobe at some point touched you in the feels.

Jross doing his internet contrarian thing again? Go cry in a corner.

lol, this

Deflect to the 5 ring argument as much as possible.

Kobe stan logic. Keep your head in the sand, and shout "5 rings"

ThatKindaGuy
05-04-2014, 12:11 PM
Deflect to the 5 ring argument as much as possible.

Kobe stan logic. Keep your head in the sand, and shout "5 rings"

When you make a sensible post, I will reply to it. But saying "Kobe was not smart by demanding a trade to the Lakers" is dumb. KG wasted ... what, 9 years with the TWolves? Make it, I believe, ONCE out of R1, and once or twice didn't even see the playoffs. If Kobe was "not smart", what was KG?

WestAfrica
05-04-2014, 12:30 PM
Lol'd at Kobe over KG and I hate KG

sdballer5588
05-04-2014, 12:33 PM
When you make a sensible post, I will reply to it. But saying "Kobe was not smart by demanding a trade to the Lakers" is dumb. KG wasted ... what, 9 years with the TWolves? Make it, I believe, ONCE out of R1, and once or twice didn't even see the playoffs. If Kobe was "not smart", what was KG?

Lol what? That is not what I said. You are literally re arranging what I said to fit your own bull**** premise. Kobe held 2 franchises hostage.

Cry about it. I bet you complained up and down about LeBron going to Miami AS A FREE AGENT.

jross2021
05-04-2014, 12:37 PM
Lol what? That is not what I said. You are literally re arranging what I said to fit your own bull**** premise. Kobe held 2 franchises hostage.

Cry about it. I bet you complained up and down about LeBron going to Miami AS A FREE AGENT.

you're crying about what Kobe did to Charlotte and LA but you're a lebron fan. Okay bro. You live in your own little delusional world. BTW, on the real.. is your brother okay? Have you spoke to him since last night?

05-04-2014, 12:43 PM
I see KG winning no less than 4-5 rings if he were traded to the Lakers that had the same team Kobe was gifted, and at the same time, imagine Kobe in Minnesota with what KG had.

KG is a fairly easy pick.

Twerk4it
05-04-2014, 12:43 PM

Yes, KG is finally on a good team: wins one ring, but gets hurt the next year and the following year they lose their starting center in the finals.

this thread isn't about what did happen, I'm just saying to the ring argument how with better luck KG likely could've taken one or more of those rings from Kobe.

sdballer5588
05-04-2014, 12:44 PM
you're crying about what Kobe did to Charlotte and LA but you're a lebron fan. Okay bro. You live in your own little delusional world. BTW, on the real.. is your brother okay? Have you spoke to him since last night?

No. I'm saying it happened. You moron.

jross2021
05-04-2014, 12:46 PM
No. I'm saying it happened. You moron.

ease up tough guy, no reason for personal insults. Reported.

TaeBoNinja
05-04-2014, 01:08 PM
LOL at this thread.

Kobe & KG were in their primes from 2005-2007 with crappy teams. Kobe led LA to the playoffs twice, and KG was in the lottery 3 straight years. KG wasn't even the MVP of the 2008 Celtics who won the title.

KG had a better cast from 2008-2010, and yet Kobe won 2 rings, and KG got just 1 thx to Pierce.

From 2000-2004, KG was losing in the 1st round like TMac, and lost to Kobe's Lakers in 2003/2004. Even in 2004 with homecourt and a weaker LA squad, and Kobe flying in munutes to games from Colorado, LA still won dat der WCF.

KG is like Dwight, don't disrespect the greatest 21st century player in American teams sports by comparing him to KG.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_vhwxA1psuxE/Sjidy1Q0cRI/AAAAAAAAAco/Cy41ejGlA8g/s400/kobe+mj+kg.jpg

sdballer5588
05-04-2014, 01:11 PM
LOL at this thread.

Kobe & KG were in their primes from 2005-2007 with crappy teams. Kobe led LA to the playoffs twice, and KG was in the lottery 3 straight years. KG wasn't even the MVP of the 2008 Celtics who won the title.

KG had a better cast from 2008-2010, and yet Kobe won 2 rings, and KG got just 1 thx to Pierce.

From 2000-2004, KG was losing in the 1st round like TMac, and lost to Kobe's Lakers in 2003/2004. Even in 2004 with homecourt and a weaker LA squad, and Kobe flying in munutes to games from Colorado, LA still won dat der WCF.

KG is like Dwight, don't disrespect the greatest 21st century player in American teams sports to KG.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_vhwxA1psuxE/Sjidy1Q0cRI/AAAAAAAAAco/Cy41ejGlA8g/s400/kobe+mj+kg.jpg

LOL? KG led the wolves to the 1 seed during his MVP season you clown.

Are you retarded? lol Kobe never did ****.

Kobe fans literally live in their own world lol

TaeBoNinja
05-04-2014, 01:16 PM
LOL? KG led the wolves to the 1 seed during his MVP season you clown.

Are you retarded? lol Kobe never did ****.

Kobe fans literally live in their own world lol
LOLOLOLOL at your phaggotry

KG led the Wolves to the #1 seed........and got bounced by Kobe's Lakers in the WCF.

DKPhenomenom
05-04-2014, 01:17 PM
Lol @ this thread. Not surprised to find the usual retards in here either.

I'll go with the guy who was able to win 5 rings in the big boy conference.

GetBigyo
05-04-2014, 01:18 PM

KG led the Wolves to the #1 seed........and got bounced by Shaq's Lakers in the WCF.
Fixed.

sdballer5588
05-04-2014, 01:18 PM

KG led the Wolves to the #1 seed........and got bounced by Kobe's Lakers in the WCF.

You meant to say Shaqs lakers.

Also what happened when Kobe was the first option in those finals?

I'll wait kid.

TaeBoNinja
05-04-2014, 01:25 PM
You meant to say Shaqs lakers.

Also what happened when Kobe was the first option in those finals?

I'll wait kid.
That LA team was weak outside Kobe/Shaq, and Malone's injury hurt their depth even more.

Doesn't change the fact that Kobe peppered KG's Wolves and bounced them out. KG is more on the Pau level.

MurkinSeason
05-04-2014, 01:27 PM
Come on Laker fans. That was clearly Shaqs team.

TaeBoNinja
05-04-2014, 01:30 PM
Come on Laker fans. That was clearly Shaqs team.
In 2000, yes. But after, no. By 2003, Shaq was declining and the roster was crap.(freakin Mitch getting clowns like Samaki)

sdballer5588
05-04-2014, 01:34 PM
That LA team was weak outside Kobe/Shaq, and Malone's injury hurt their depth even more.

Doesn't change the fact that Kobe peppered KG's Wolves and bounced them out. KG is more on the Pau level.

Lolwhat? Shaq was barely getting touches and he STILL averaged 20.7 and 15.5 with 3 blocks per game on 57%\

Meanwhile Kobe shot 41% 27% for 24 ppg 2.0 reb 5.5 ast LOL

Hahahahahaha strong fukking peppering.

Blacryan
05-04-2014, 01:38 PM
Love these threads. Any thread about kobe you get the same 3-4 lebron nuthuggers talking about how terrible he is. Every lebron thread you get a kobe nuthugger that makes a post about anything and a lebron nuthugger instantly starts talking about kobe.

Just comical.

sdballer5588
05-04-2014, 01:38 PM
Love these threads. Any thread about kobe you get the same 3-4 lebron nuthuggers talking about how terrible he is. Every lebron thread you get a kobe nuthugger that makes a post about anything and a lebron nuthugger instantly starts talking about kobe.

Just comical.

Look bro we're back on opposing sides again. All is well.

TaeBoNinja
05-04-2014, 01:39 PM
Lolwhat? Shaq was barely getting touches and he STILL averaged 20.7 and 15.5 with 3 blocks per game on 57%\

Meanwhile Kobe shot 41% 27% for 24 ppg 2.0 reb 5.5 ast LOL

Hahahahahaha strong fukking peppering.
Dude was flying in from Colorado due to that bipolar Faber sloot. Still, he had more than enough that KG couldn't counter. Sam Cassell was the leader of that 2004 squad anyway. Without him they had no real leader.

And what happened from 2005-2007? How does a prime KG go lotto 3 straight years. LOL

sdballer5588
05-04-2014, 01:39 PM
Dude was flying in from Colorado due tot hat bipolar Faber sloot. Still, he had more than enough that KG couldn't counter. Sam Cassell was the leader of that 2004 squad anyway. Without him they had no real leader.

And what happened from 2005-2007? How does a prime KG go lotto 3 straight years. LOL

Lolwhat? KG was always that teams leader and best player

Lolling so hard at you trying to rewrite history since you obviously TOTALLY FORGOT how bad Kobe played.

FGCHENG
05-04-2014, 01:40 PM
With hindsight Kobe without a doubt. But if the year was 1996, I'd probably go with KG.

TaeBoNinja
05-04-2014, 01:41 PM
Lolwhat? KG was always that teams leader and best player

Lolling so hard at you trying to rewrite history since you obviously TOTALLY FORGOT how bad Kobe played.
KG was their leader when they were getting bounced in the 1st round every year. It was Cassell who led them past it. KG's never been a real leader. In Boston it was Pierce's team.

sdballer5588
05-04-2014, 01:43 PM
KG was their leader when they were getting bounced in the 1st round every year. It was Cassell who led them past it. KG's never been a real leader. In Boston it was Pierce's team.

Lol. You know nothing Jon Snow.

Beachease
05-04-2014, 01:43 PM
Lol! Everyone's jimmies getting rustled over people they don't even know!

Jk
When it comes to b-ball people get pretty serious and everyone has their own opinions and backup. One of the reasons why I love sports.

Blacryan
05-04-2014, 01:44 PM
Look bro we're back on opposing sides again. All is well.

I wouldn't say opposing sides as that would mean I'm on KG or Kobe side... I'm on the 3rd side... the person looking at both sides, shaking their head in disgust. It's like a parent watching their 2 little kids fight over nothing.

05-04-2014, 01:47 PM
Having no prior knowledge of the players, i'll take the big man every time. Seeing how their careers turned out, you can't really go wrong with either srs. You can argue about hardware all you want, but the fact is that Kobe had a better team. KG "wasted" his career away in Minnesota for the same reason that LeBron "wasted" his career away in Cleveland: he wanted to give his original team a chance to build a contender around him.

drock2190
05-04-2014, 02:05 PM
Doesn't even matter. Kobe won rings cuz he was on the Lakers and KG wasted too many years on the twolves. Twolves aren't winning shet just like lebron wasn't going to win shet in cleveland because cleveland is a shet organization

If Garnett was on the Lakers from day one, he would have won many rings because they would have got him tons of help. Shett if Garnett was on the Lakers from day one and Kobe was on the TWOLVES, Lakers would have waited until kobe was a FA, picked up Kobe and KG+Kobe would have gone on to win 5 rings together.. That's just how the respective teams do business

I think you forget that LA is a destination for free agents. Minnesota lacks appeal because of weather, media market and not as many attractions.

nikeoneplatinum
05-04-2014, 02:08 PM
I would take prime Pierce/Garnett over prime Shaq/Kobe, all else being equal.

bb185
05-04-2014, 02:16 PM
It's funny how Shaq AND opposing teams gave Kobe a ton of credit, yet the Kobe haters refuse to give him any. You guys act like Kobe wasn't one of, or the best, Robin ever. He was putting up ridiculous postseason averages and had numerous signature performances en route to the three rings. Yeah, we know Shaq had better averages, it doesn't mean you discredit what Kobe did.

2000 (22 games) - 21.1 Points (44%) , 4.5 Rebounds, 4.4 Assist.
2001 (16 games) - 29.4 Points (47%), 7.3 Rebounds, 6.1 Assist.
2002 (19 games) - 26.6 Points (43%), 5.8 Rebounds, 4.6 Assist.

But wait, he didn't contribute to the three rings.

Some signature performances during the 3-peat...just to name a few--
48 points (52% FG) and 16 rebounds
45 points (54% FG) and 10 rebounds
36 points (52% FG), 9 rebounds, 8 assist

There are plenty more. It's funny how his competitors and teammates give him a ton of respect, yet some of you don't.

And Kobe was the lead dog on back2back championship teams. Gasol has ZERO playoff wins without Kobe. Let that sink in. Bball is a team game predicated on timely shooting, but it's no coincidence the best players in an era tend to come out with the most rings.

THEHEADLIN3R
05-04-2014, 02:18 PM

Lol.

TaeBoNinja
05-04-2014, 02:18 PM
u wot?

I'll take prime Kobe/Pau over Pierce/KG. Shaq/Kobe is the GOAT duo

bb185
05-04-2014, 02:19 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAH AHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHAH

Never go full retard bro. You realize you included prime Shaq, right?

ThatKindaGuy
05-04-2014, 02:21 PM

No wonder you are red