PDA

View Full Version : What Should I Do?

paolo59
05-04-2014, 08:10 AM
LOL Some lady I don't know keeps texting me. She's asking about cinnamon rolls, what temperature in the oven? Ha! I'm thinking 425. She's called twice now. I guess I should answer and tell her. :) People and their mixed up, crossed cellphone numbers! I had a whole string of texts a couple of weeks ago about somebody's sick uncle. Just what is the proper etiquette? LOL I normally just ignore them.

UnaChispita
05-04-2014, 08:15 AM
LOL Some lady I don't know keeps texting me. She's asking about cinnamon rolls, what temperature in the oven? Ha! I'm thinking 425. She's called twice now. I guess I should answer and tell her. :) People and their mixed up, crossed cellphone numbers! I had a whole string of texts a couple of weeks ago about somebody's sick uncle. Just what is the proper etiquette? LOL I normally just ignore them.

LOL

You could text:

"Ma'am, I don't know what kind of pervert you are, but my 'cinnamon rolls' are none of your business."

:D

paolo59
05-04-2014, 08:19 AM
LOL

You could text:

"Ma'am, I don't know what kind of pervert you are, but my 'cinnamon rolls' are none of your business."

:D

LMAO I thought about texting something along the lines right back at her. It's funny. You'd feel like a complete idiot once you realized what you'd done I guess. I've got one of those little, cheap Net10 pay as you go jobbers. Every text costs me a half a minute!!! :( Some crazy person and cinnamon rolls is eating into my time! :)

Corbi
05-04-2014, 09:01 AM
Give her some bs answer and move on. Yra ago my phone # was 1 digit off pizza huts and we would get calls all the time, after awhile I just started taking their orders, giving them some bs price and hanging up.

Fishman15
05-04-2014, 09:15 AM
Give her some bs answer and move on. Yra ago my phone # was 1 digit off pizza huts and we would get calls all the time, after awhile I just started taking their orders, giving them some bs price and hanging up.

That sounds like the Seinfeld episode with Moviephone...

qM79_itR0Nc

steffo99
05-04-2014, 09:16 AM
Copy pasta some recipe for her :)
Got a weird string of texts about a week ago which I assume was some pimp/prostitute thing fishing for customers.
Ignored them and and they stopped after a while.

djflex
05-04-2014, 10:04 AM
Brett favre would know what to do...

demike
05-04-2014, 10:06 AM
Tell her about 350. :D

I had a girl I've never met or seen before send me a text with her picture but then a minute later she texted again saying she was so sorry and that it was meant for someone else. Kinda funny!

I have also texted and snapchatted the wrong person before, oops!

beachguy498
05-04-2014, 10:11 AM
Tell her about 350. :D

I had a girl I've never met or seen before send me a text with her picture but then a minute later she texted again saying she was so sorry and that it was meant for someone else. Kinda funny!

I have also texted and snapchatted the wrong person before, oops!

350 is the default for almost anything except for French fries. When I moved into this house, I had the number that was once for a local legend that raced stock cars. Awesome to have people call up... but sorry, wrong number. After a while I found out where he went and gave people his new # in Florida.

Rob

whatevergirl
05-04-2014, 10:24 AM
hahaha that's funny! Maybe she will bring some by if you help her out. :D

I had someone texting me, to drop the 'chair off on the front porch, thanks.' was the text. I texted back, in reply that they had the wrong number. The person said, really? And then, I replied yes. And this person kept texting back really? you're not...so and so? I would reply no...and on and on this went for about an hour. Finally, he/she said...'oh crap, you're right. I just checked the number. Sorry.' lol

I should have asked for the address and dropped a chair off on their porch. :p

bodyhard
05-04-2014, 10:24 AM

Keep her phone number for like 2 months or so, then one day text her. OK I did it, he is dead what do you want me to do with the body?

whatevergirl
05-04-2014, 10:25 AM
Keep her phone number for like 2 months or so, then one day text her. OK I did it, he is dead what do you want me to do with the body?

lmao!!!

SP1966
05-04-2014, 10:26 AM

I vote for this one!! Only be sure you modify it to read "he is dead, I used the tire iron..."!

mcbourque
05-04-2014, 11:50 AM

Ahah! Love this one!

I'm afraid I'm super conservative and block the number instantly. I've actually blocked a couple of friends by mistake already lol

latebloomingmom
05-04-2014, 11:51 AM
I vote for this one!! Only be sure you modify it to read "he is dead, I used the tire iron..."!stuffed him in oven at bout 350 and cooked his goose to a golden brown :)

Corbi
05-04-2014, 12:17 PM

qM79_itR0Nc

LOL I recall that one and yes it was just like that. Even my wife got into it and she would take orders, never once did we ever get anyone call back though and ask where their pizza was.

bsc77
05-04-2014, 12:26 PM

qM79_itR0Nc

Haha, why don't you tell me the name of the movie you'de like to see'!

Frnkd
05-05-2014, 12:40 AM
I was getting calls for a guy who was one number off from mine. After awhile I realize this guy was a stock broker, I got a voice mail telling him to use a substantial amount of money to purchase what they had agreed on. At that point I called the broker up and told him he really need to tell his clients to dial the correct number and passed on the info that his client had left on my voice mail. No problem after that.

I haven't gotten wrong texts but why would you get charged if you don't respond? I don't know how it works with per-text plans as I do get unlimited text. My wife likes to text instead of leaving a voice message or calling once she learned how to text. LOL so unlimited works for me.

GuyJin
05-05-2014, 01:11 AM
[QUOTE=paolo59;1240905153]LOL Some lady I don't know keeps texting me. She's asking about cinnamon rolls, what temperature in the oven? Ha! I'm thinking 425.
--ME. Learn how to bake. It'll improve your life.:D

She's called twice now. I guess I should answer and tell her.

--ME. Just don't tell her that you need her. She'll never let you go after that.

People and their mixed up, crossed cellphone numbers! I had a whole string of texts a couple of weeks ago about somebody's sick uncle. Just what is the proper etiquette?
--ME. Tell them that Uncle Phil kicked the bucket, you buried him in the middle of the desert, and there's no chance you can remember where he is. Texas is a big state, after all./QUOTE]

---

These suggestions should help. You're welcome.
:)

StressMonkey
05-05-2014, 05:42 AM
I would tell her she has the wrong number AND block that number.

DocHoss
05-05-2014, 09:27 AM
I don't do texting and don't understand the appeal. We got our 3rd-ever text last night, from my best friend's daughter asking for some Mother's Day stuff, and it took a good 10 minutes to figure out how to see it all since it was cut off in odd places. Why not call - we'd know what she wanted in 30 seconds.

I would tell her she has the wrong number AND block that number.
What a stick in the mud! :D

thomashenry
05-05-2014, 09:32 AM
Tell her your Jake from State Farm