PDA

View Full Version : PS3 or PS2?

bchabs
05-04-2014, 08:20 AM
So I'm having a bit of a struggle. I wanted a PS2 to get all the Final Fantasies from PS1/2 plus all the other games from my childhood. Got one for cheap along with FFX and then bought FF9 separately. But I'm a huge idiot and forgot they released all the Final Fantasies on the PSN for digital download plus the FFX/X-2 HD remake. All the digital downloads are significantly cheaper then buying the PS1 games too.

Is it worthwhile to try and sell off my PS2 stuff in favour of a PS3 and just download everything instead?

khuong1994
05-04-2014, 08:39 AM
i don't think you'll get much for a ps2, but a ps3 is definitely worth getting for all dem JRPG's and other 10/10 games.

I tried replaying ps2 games as well, didn't turn out well since the only tv i had access to was 50-60 inches and it looked **** even with resolution changed

bchabs
05-04-2014, 10:38 AM
I got the PS2 with a pile of games and a controller and memory card for 30 bucks, so selling it shouldn't be overly hard. Finding a decently priced backwards compatible system has been the struggle. I only play on a little 32 so the graphics aren't terrible.

I probably could have saved myself time though if I just made sure I got a backwards compatible system off the start though.

Vawx
05-04-2014, 10:56 AM
In the long run you're probably better off using your PS3 and buying them all on PSN

But then eventually you're going to run into the problem where you have a PS4, 5, 6, whatever and you can no longer play those games you downloaded without a PS3

BrollicWraith
05-04-2014, 11:03 AM
In the long run you're probably better off using your PS3 and buying them all on PSN

But then eventually you're going to run into the problem where you have a PS4, 5, 6, whatever and you can no longer play those games you downloaded without a PS3

No, as long as they're on his PS account he should have them on every future Sony console. Also, they might be in HD emulation on the PS4 (just a rumor right now).

Go for the PS3 OP, it'll be worth it in the long run. Idk if you've played Kingdom Hearts but they released the first one on the PS3 and the second one will be out later this year (KH 1.5 and 2.5). They're doing it with the Final Mixes of each game, which is like a director's cut of the game with tons of new moves, cutscenes, boss fights, keyblades, etc. I've already sunk over 100 hours in the first game, I highly recommend them.

Also, look up Ni no Kuni, another great old-school JRPG only on the PS3.

bchabs
05-04-2014, 11:18 AM
No, as long as they're on his PS account he should have them on every future Sony console. Also, they might be in HD emulation on the PS4 (just a rumor right now).

Go for the PS3 OP, it'll be worth it in the long run. Idk if you've played Kingdom Hearts but they released the first one on the PS3 and the second one will be out later this year (KH 1.5 and 2.5). They're doing it with the Final Mixes of each game, which is like a director's cut of the game with tons of new moves, cutscenes, boss fights, keyblades, etc. I've already sunk over 100 hours in the first game, I highly recommend them.

Also, look up Ni no Kuni, another great old-school JRPG only on the PS3.

Fuuu. Briefly played KH when it first came out, I remember it being a blast and not much else about it. Definitely thinking I made a poor choice. The nostalgia got to me when I saw all these cheap PS2s on Kijiji.

Vawx
05-04-2014, 11:21 AM

Was thinking of PSN games. You can't play PS3 PSN games on the PS4. But yeah you're right, with PS1 classics downloaded off the store you should still be able to play them.

thebencher900lb
05-04-2014, 11:23 AM
ps2 is garbage. get the ps3, get your games you want.. and you can play online with your friends

bchabs
05-04-2014, 11:59 AM
ps2 is garbage. get the ps3, get your games you want.. and you can play online with your friends

PS2 is probably the greatest system ever made. I have an XB360 for online gaming already, which I do next to none of as is.

gbullock32
05-04-2014, 02:52 PM
PS2 is probably the greatest system ever made. I have an XB360 for online gaming already, which I do next to none of as is.Still have my PS2 and Xbox, both still work and gotta say; easily the 2 best consoles ever, brb playing The Bouncer on PS2 then switching to Halo for a bit.

PS2 has such a good catalog it's worth having one around.

jhm123
05-04-2014, 03:13 PM

wow. no.

ps2 has one of the biggest and best libraries out there, the discs are super cheap and/or you can just mod it.

chevy72blu
05-05-2014, 04:13 PM
Play Black and DMC 3 on your PS2 before you sell it. HNNNG