PDA

View Full Version : Here is an idea about trolls

Brackneyc
05-03-2014, 02:00 PM
Now that I have a direct stake in this matter, I might as well comment.

Stop responding to those fcking posts, or otherwise posting in those threads. Let the admin guys know they are here, and then move on. I have yet to see one single shred of evidence that calling them a DB (or responding in any way at all) is helping. FFS, what am I missing here.

Report the post and move on, or just move on.

Karl_Hungus
05-03-2014, 02:05 PM

Stop responding to those fcking posts, or otherwise posting in those threads. Let the admin guys know they are here, and then move on. I have yet to see one single shred of evidence that calling them a DB (or responding in any way at all) is helping. FFS, what am I missing here.

You don't think they run away cowering in the corner after reading the devastating ripostes delivered by the O35's finest? :confused:

djflex
05-03-2014, 02:25 PM

You are right, but they always piss me off.

What is your direct stake now btw?

cowboybiker
05-03-2014, 02:36 PM
But I like to hijack the threads :(

highiso
05-03-2014, 02:39 PM
Somebody say steak?

cowboybiker
05-03-2014, 02:42 PM
Somebody say steak?

Just had a rib eye, tri tip and shrimp.

Too soon to tell if I'm ready for dessert

cowboybiker
05-03-2014, 03:27 PM
http://scontent-b-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t1.0-9/10171186_726054650771474_138441308998769135_n.jpg
http://scontent-b-lax.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/t1.0-9/10277116_726057064104566_8291515071326602462_n.jpg

GuyJin
05-03-2014, 03:32 PM
But trolls brighten our day, force us to sharpen our wits, and bring out the best in intellectual ripostes which flay those denizens of bridges back to their dark holes--at least temporarily--until such time as they emerge once again in another guise such as Harvard Man, Liquid Dreams, or Rubber Piggy. Even the names are cool...for trolls.

Brackneyc
05-03-2014, 05:01 PM
But trolls brighten our day, force us to sharpen our wits, and bring out the best in intellectual ripostes which flay those denizens of bridges back to their dark holes--at least temporarily--until such time as they emerge once again in another guise such as Harvard Man, Liquid Dreams, or Rubber Piggy. Even the names are cool...for trolls.

They also use IP addresses belonging to guys who do not appreciate BB.com asking me "why" I feel it is necessary to have multiple accounts??

The cuteness is lost on me.

so-tex
05-03-2014, 05:24 PM
I wonder why they don't get banned after their 1st post. It's pretty obvious, especially the ones of late.

SP1966
05-03-2014, 05:27 PM

Stop responding to those fcking posts, or otherwise posting in those threads.

While it may not seem like it I put a lot of effort into those posts and don't appreciate your advising people to ignore them. Mind you own f'cking business!!

Brackneyc
05-03-2014, 05:29 PM
While it may not seem like it I put a lot of effort into those posts and don't appreciate your advising people to ignore them. Mind you own f'cking business!!

Is there where I plug in the mandatory DB comment? :D

cowboybiker
05-03-2014, 05:30 PM
He said troll threads. Not Bad threads.

GuyJin
05-03-2014, 05:40 PM
They also use IP addresses belonging to guys who do not appreciate BB.com asking me "why" I feel it is necessary to have multiple accounts??

The cuteness is lost on me.
---

I'm not being cute. I'm being realistic. The Internet, being what it is, is full of trolls, depending on which forum and how heavily it's moderated, if at all. FWIW, I also report the trolls and the spammers (i.e. kitchen sink guys and the spambots with the CVV crap). But that's about the limit of what I can do. I accept that there are morons out there who live to make others miserable. They get off on it. But again, a dose of realism. They exist, so I put up with and report it wherever and whenever I can.

so-tex
05-03-2014, 05:40 PM
He said troll threads. Not Bad threads.That's funny :)

induced_drag
05-03-2014, 06:01 PM

SRS? And to think I come on here to learn and discuss training. Go figure....Boy I should really evaluate where I put my efforts.

Brackneyc
05-03-2014, 06:06 PM
---

I'm not being cute. I'm being realistic. The Internet, being what it is, is full of trolls, depending on which forum and how heavily it's moderated, if at all. FWIW, I also report the trolls and the spammers (i.e. kitchen sink guys and the spambots with the CVV crap). But that's about the limit of what I can do. I accept that there are morons out there who live to make others miserable. They get off on it. But again, a dose of realism. They exist, so I put up with and report it wherever and whenever I can.

I guess when I was accused of setting up multiple accounts, I was unwilling to just accept it. BB.com doesn't seem to care much for it either.

cowboybiker
05-03-2014, 06:11 PM
At least its in tje misc and not the journals.

And the reg. ov 35 has enough going on with How much protein? How do I get toned? I've been training for a month and no results threads.
No trolling there

GuyJin
05-03-2014, 06:18 PM
SRS? And to think I come on here to learn and discuss training. Go figure....Boy I should really evaluate where I put my efforts.
---

This is the Misc. section of the Over-35 forum. Your training advices go into the Training section of the OVer-35 Forum. Have you not figured that out yet?:rolleyes:

GuyJin
05-03-2014, 06:19 PM
I guess when I was accused of setting up multiple accounts, I was unwilling to just accept it. BB.com doesn't seem to care much for it either.
---

Fair enough. I was unaware of your problem. Hope that the Mods got it all settled.

Brackneyc
05-03-2014, 06:38 PM
---

Fair enough. I was unaware of your problem. Hope that the Mods got it all settled.It's all good man. I'm just a bit aggravated by it all. Don't want to take it out on the good guys here. I do however want to kick a troll in his little bitty nads. :)

so-tex
05-03-2014, 06:49 PM
It's all good man. I'm just a bit aggravated by it all. Don't want to take it out on the good guys here. I do however want to kick a troll in his little bitty nads. :)Can't blame you. I would be pi$$ed as well.

UnaChispita
05-03-2014, 08:24 PM
I like to bait the trolls.

Its fun.

I also like to derail troll threads.

That's even more fun.

I guess I just like trolling the trolls.

We all have to have our hobbies...

:p

so-tex
05-05-2014, 12:49 PM
Bump.
Please quit responding to these phaggots.

Brackneyc
05-05-2014, 02:10 PM
Bump.

You may be too late. Another thread was started, and guess what.....

I did post in that thread to alert BB.com that I did not start that thread.

poundXpound
05-05-2014, 02:20 PM
I reported and negged him....

Phattso
05-05-2014, 02:26 PM

Likewise.

SP1966
05-05-2014, 02:32 PM

Likewise.

Those two negs are two less reps you have to give me. :(

cowboybiker
05-05-2014, 02:36 PM
Bump.

You dont want me to respond to you? :confused:

SP1966
05-05-2014, 02:37 PM
You dont want me to respond to you? :confused;

How rude!

At least I honored his request!

cowboybiker
05-05-2014, 02:48 PM
How rude!

At least I honored his request!

You'd think I'd learn by now.

Karl_Hungus
05-05-2014, 02:55 PM
I did post in that thread to alert BB.com that I did not start that thread.

Why do you have to do that? Just curious why you think the default assumption is that you are behind the troll posts. Legitimately confused here. :confused:

pharmamarketer
05-05-2014, 03:16 PM
I think trolls make things fun. Like the guy that speaks up too much in a meeting and thinks he is the smartest guy in the room. He makes my day some weeks.

cowboybiker
05-05-2014, 03:42 PM
I think trolls make things fun. Like the guy that speaks up too much in a meeting and thinks he is the smartest guy in the room. He makes my day some weeks.

I like meetings when there's food.

Everyone's talking and I'm just sitting there eating away.

Brackneyc
05-05-2014, 05:08 PM
Why do you have to do that? Just curious why you think the default assumption is that you are behind the troll posts. Legitimately confused here. :confused:

Simple really. I was accused the other day. Figured I'd roll with it, just in case someone might think I was also behind that one. At some point they (the trolls) will (or may have already) move onto another IP address. Just trying to be proactive.

so-tex
05-05-2014, 05:11 PM
Those two negs are two less reps you have to give me. :(Rep me bish before you run out.

Karl_Hungus
05-05-2014, 05:27 PM
Simple really. I was accused the other day. Figured I'd roll with it, just in case someone might think I was also behind that one. At some point they (the trolls) will (or may have already) move onto another IP address. Just trying to be proactive.

Honestly, you would be one of the last people I would suspect of doing that.

CBB though? That man is a bad seed through and through. :D

SP1966
05-05-2014, 05:35 PM
Rep me bish before you run out.

You're still on spread from the last time a negged ya!!

poundXpound
05-05-2014, 05:46 PM
Those two negs are two less reps you have to give me. :(

Like my rep power would make a difference.... ;)

Brackneyc
05-05-2014, 05:50 PM
Honestly, you would be one of the last people I would suspect of doing that.

I appreciate that. My concern was only partly over the accusation, but more so about how they can use someone else's IP address. I don't know how that is done, but it sounds like a bad deal for me, or anyone for that matter. Not sure there is a way to protect against it. My lack of skill in the arena of being a fcking azzhole (like your basic troll), has me at a disadvantage. Maybe it is not as big a deal as say, identity theft, but it still sucks.

pharmamarketer
05-05-2014, 05:54 PM
I like meetings when there's food.

Everyone's talking and I'm just sitting there eating away.
Lmao. I didn't see you there today

pharmamarketer
05-05-2014, 05:58 PM
I appreciate that. My concern was only partly over the accusation, but more so about how they can use someone else's IP address. I don't know how that is done, but it sounds like a bad deal for me, or anyone for that matter. Not sure there is a way to protect against it. My lack of skill in the arena of being a fcking azzhole (like your basic troll), has me at a disadvantage. Maybe it is not as big a deal as say, identity theft, but it still sucks.
Don't sweat it Brack. Your reputation here is solid. We know who u are here. Seriously. Let it go. I get where u are coming from but you have been solid here for 5 years. It will take more than a comment or two to ruin that. I hope you see where I am coming from. I am not dismissing your thoughts but supporting you 100%. :)

SP1966
05-05-2014, 06:06 PM

Unless your wife is trolling us from your home/work people cannot use your IP address.

cowboybiker
05-05-2014, 06:06 PM
CBB though? That man is a bad seed through and through. :D

Finally the acknowledgment that I deserve for all my hard work and effort.

Brackneyc
05-05-2014, 06:11 PM
Unless your wife is trolling us from your home/work people cannot use your IP address.

The good folks at BB.com have suggested otherwise. Either way, I am good with this. I whined for a minute, and I am good now. :D

cowboybiker
05-05-2014, 06:16 PM
The good folks at BB.com have suggested otherwise. Either way, I am good with this. I whined for a minute, and I am good now. :D
Give me your ip address and password and I can clear this all up.

Brackneyc
05-05-2014, 06:21 PM
Give me your ip address and password and I can clear this all up.

LOL. I didn't even know mine until I looked it up in the "preferences" section on this here computer.

cowboybiker
05-05-2014, 06:31 PM
I'm thinking about changing my password to "Incorrect" so when I forget it my computer will remind me.

SP1966
05-05-2014, 06:37 PM
LOL. I didn't even know mine until I looked it up in the "preferences" section on this here computer.

whatismyip.com

acrawlingchaos
05-05-2014, 06:39 PM
So these are the matters of such great importance. "They" are those that cry about things that do not matter".... like accused of being a troll? You didn't seem terribly bothered when you accused me of being a troll.

SP1966
05-05-2014, 06:40 PM

How exactly is a troll getting your IP? Would he be able to sniff out your IP from all the IPs of us other trolls? Unlikely. In order to spoof your IP he needs to know what it is to begin with. If a troll ended up with your IP I would suggest it was given to him by a mod who can access such information, or the mod is himself the troll.

SP1966
05-05-2014, 06:41 PM
So these are the matters of such great importance. "They" are those that cry about things that do not matter".... like accused of being a troll? You didn't seem terribly bothered when you accused me of being a troll.

But you are a troll so that makes it different!

SP1966
05-05-2014, 06:42 PM
I'm thinking about changing my password to "Incorrect" so when I forget it my computer will remind me.

I just use the date of the last time the wife and I had sex, it changes once in a great while so that keeps the password secure! :eek:

cowboybiker
05-05-2014, 06:44 PM
I dont know why anyone would troll from their own computer anyway.

There's so many places to use demos at.

Not that I would or have ever done that.

acrawlingchaos
05-05-2014, 06:44 PM
But you are a troll so that makes it different!Effortlessly.

FlaIronMind
05-05-2014, 06:48 PM
Trolls...what about goblins?

JqsRFKe3YMA

SP1966
05-05-2014, 06:49 PM
I dont know why anyone would troll from their own computer anyway.

There's so many places to use demos at.

Not that I would or have ever done that.

I got kicked out of the Apple store while trying to post to the "Dat azz" thread. :(

Maybe I should have taken the picture of mine before entering?

so-tex
05-05-2014, 06:50 PM
Can somfukingbody rep me for bumping this thread?

Brackneyc
05-05-2014, 06:53 PM

I have no power to ban you. That is the difference.

GuyJin
05-05-2014, 07:00 PM
Can somfukingbody rep me for bumping this thread?
---

I'd be more than happy to neg you but I have to spread my joy around first.

Wait your turn. It'll come sho 'nuff.

:D

happywithit
05-07-2014, 12:24 PM
But I like to hijack the threads :(

And I like it when you hijack them.

lol, and it brightens my day to read those witty responses.

I like to bait the trolls.

Its fun.

I also like to derail troll threads.

That's even more fun.

I guess I just like trolling the trolls.

We all have to have our hobbies...

:p

Agreed. I'm hoping to learn from the masters how to troll the trolls.

Brackneyc
05-07-2014, 07:07 PM
Agreed. I'm hoping to learn from the masters how to troll the trolls.

I've yet to see it done successfully. Not even once.

pharmamarketer
05-07-2014, 07:13 PM
Watch out for Lifetime Drug Free azzholes

acrawlingchaos
05-07-2014, 07:28 PM
I have no power to ban you. That is the difference.Well then, that changes everything.

I've yet to see it done successfully. Not even once.You clearly haven't been paying attention.

SP1966
05-07-2014, 07:46 PM
Watch out for Lifetime Drug Free azzholes

Drug free or addiction free?

frozensparky
05-08-2014, 10:35 PM
It's not so much that people reply to the threads. The thing that always amazes me is someone actually spends the time to make a new account just to spew stupid $hit and get banned right away. Am I missing something here, I wonder if I should try it sometime to see what I'm missing

marinevet63031
05-09-2014, 02:15 AM
Where are the 3 billy goats gruff when you need them? Damn trolls.

Brackneyc
05-09-2014, 02:43 AM
Well then, that changes everything.

You clearly haven't been paying attention.

Srsly AC, it does change things. Sorry if that concept is lost on you. Why not put me on ignore, or simply ignore me of your own free will. Otherwise, I can only think you are getting "something" of value from all of this useless banter you seem to want to engage me in. In this case, you "chose" to enter a thread I started. Since you came here to be a dick, this by definition, makes you a troll.

IDGAF what YOU say about me, as YOU have NO power to affect me here, or anywhere actually. My assuming you to be a troll doesn't matter really. If a MOD assumes it, it CAN make a difference.

FWIW, I have been called a troll, a racist and worse things than that here. So I would tell you to man the fck up and stop crying.