PDA

View Full Version : Anyone having surround sound issues with PS4?

ScubaStevo
05-02-2014, 11:05 PM
I have optical from PS4 to surround sound

HDMI frm PS4 to tv

Sound is utter sh*t on blue rays. Surround sound not working properly - most of sound coming from tv - rear speakers just putting out the sound the center speakers do at less volume (including voices, sound effects, etc.).

Annoyed beyond belief. The PS4 has been a complete waste of money. Granted I needed to fool around with my PS3 to get it to play surround sound properly, however I managed to accomplish this.

But with the PS4, there are like two options in the settings menu to adjust, and they don't seem to be doing sh*t.

What a mess. Any suggestions?

jfcundiff
05-02-2014, 11:07 PM
I have been using my Turtle Beach headphones to play lately. I will check the surround sound later to see if anything is acting up for me and report back.

ScubaStevo
05-02-2014, 11:09 PM
I have been using my Turtle Beach headphones to play lately. I will check the surround sound later to see if anything is acting up for me and report back.

Let me know, brah.

I don't knwo, it is 2014 and we can't even simplify surround sound so the layman can get ti set up?

I'm not some tech-geek. I want to be able to plug in my sh*t and get some good quality visual and sound.

The guy who invests the technology to do away with all this compatibility and cord bullsh*t will get my dollar.

jfcundiff
05-02-2014, 11:21 PM
So far no problem. Just turned on Infamous. Working smoothly. Noise coming from all the speakers. I am guessing you already tried unplugging and plugging back in?

Partymonster
05-02-2014, 11:37 PM
PS4 is so bunk right now I don't even use it enough to notice.

time to freeze myself until the new ****ing gran turismo comes out.

cyde
05-03-2014, 09:09 PM
Your PS4 is automatically set to prioritize sound via HDMI. Change it to toslink. Also make sure you use bitstream and not PCM. You want your AVR to do the decoding for surround sound through optical. If your receiver supported HDMI, it would handle lossless 5.1+. Since you are using optical, you have to choose between lossless 2.0 or lossy 5.1. Optical cables do not support "HD" sound. It's no surprise Blu-rays sound like shyt. You need to upgrade your receiver, braj. Who was Dolby-HD or DTS-MA codec?

[Sound and Screen] > [Audio Output Settings] > [Primary Output Port] > [DIGITAL OUT (OPTICAL)]