PDA

View Full Version : do you ever see yourself quitting gaming?

daysoftheweek
05-02-2014, 09:38 PM
im 31, gonna be 32 in 2 months and im still the exact same person i was when i was 21. still playing video games, **** im actually EXCITED for the new call of duty.

do you think your ever gonna stop? and should i be i dont know, looking for a girlfriend or something?

Kicsunt
05-02-2014, 10:43 PM
I enjoy playing games and usually play them as often as I can. I don't get extremely anticipated for new games. The last thing I actually got genuinely excited about was the announce of the PS4 and Watch Dogs which I'm still pretty excited about. I just find myself not playing them as much as I used to.

lilbdabasedgod
05-02-2014, 10:43 PM

not sheriff srs

Comboking
05-02-2014, 10:46 PM
gradually playing less and less, at about 2-3hrs a week now from 30-40hrs a week

Wu-Massacre
05-02-2014, 10:53 PM
When I was in High School I would tell my friends "I don't see myself ever getting tired of video games"

Now I won't say i'm done with video games because games like Sports(NBA 2k,Fifa,Madden) can be entertaining all the time I just can't really get into games that have a storyline of 15+ hours just because I probably won't have the time and patients to complete it. I'm not saying games are better off being shorter because they aren't, Any game that is 1-10 hours of total gameplay is complete bullshiit but those are the type of games i'm more likely to finish. My high school self would be all over a modded Skyrim game.

DESERPENTOR
05-02-2014, 11:05 PM
I do not see myself ever quitting, gaming has evolved so much that it caters to all ages and demographics.

daysoftheweek
05-02-2014, 11:08 PM
wanna go back to school

LS Series
05-02-2014, 11:12 PM
Nope.

jfcundiff
05-02-2014, 11:18 PM
It goes through phases for me. For a while, all I played was FIFA, NBA 2k, and other quick pick-up and play type games. Then I realized how many single-player games I have left unfinished. Now trying to space out the time to finish this gigantic backlog. Eventually I'll get bored again and the cycle will repeat itself for me. But I'll never quit gaming.

TheClouding
05-02-2014, 11:43 PM
Hit 30 and my gaming has declined rapidly. I think it has to do with over saturation of the same games over and over again. Also, I have no one to play with online, I hate solo queuing for anything.

Fred87nc
05-02-2014, 11:50 PM
I don't feel like gaming much, sometimes I see cool videos of games but it wears off pretty fast. I will still pick up epic story based games and finish them

nightfx
05-02-2014, 11:50 PM
Doubt it, I do go weeks without playing games though. I don't really see myself ever getting addicted to games anymore like I used to.

HurpnDurp
05-03-2014, 12:03 AM
I think when a super awesome game comes out I'll play it once and be done with it and wait for the next one. Kind of how Dark Souls 2 was for me, dumped 50 hours into it in one week now waiting for whatevers big next. I think I'll eventually not play at all but pick it up later in life when I'm 50-60+ and have a lot more free time again.

JanesLastResort
05-03-2014, 04:47 AM
nope.

it's fun and relaxing. fuk giving that up.

Impregnator
05-03-2014, 05:53 AM
never playing a game again until HL3.

protesting, picketing, going on strike until goat hl3.

jamesbwbevis
05-03-2014, 06:17 AM
not even once

jamesbwbevis
05-03-2014, 06:18 AM
and should i be i dont know, looking for a girlfriend or something?

you can play games and have a life too retard

whosthis
05-03-2014, 06:26 AM
tfw my ps3 has been in the box for about a year.

LiftHeavy85
05-03-2014, 06:58 AM
I don't see myself ever truly quitting, however I don't spend as much time as I use to. I enjoy playing games where I can accomplish something in the short time im playing and don't have time to dedicate to hardcore mmos or games that reward grinding endless hours.

wings_unhinged
05-03-2014, 07:02 AM
Nope. Gaming is one of my favorite escapes. It'd be like giving up reading or the BB.com forum.

JimmyRustlebrah
05-03-2014, 07:09 AM
Nope, why would I give up gaming?

That's like giving up listening to music or watching movies

Exiled93
05-03-2014, 07:09 AM
I haven't played a game in a few weeks - but na I still have my PC and 360. I'll probably buy a new console too in a year or so.

I don't see myself quitting but I don't play much at all.

I honestly would love to play a good MMORPG and get addicted to it like old times lol.

Gewichtmeister
05-03-2014, 07:31 AM
I game since iīm ten years old and still have fun so i donīt see why i should.

Domina8r
05-03-2014, 07:33 AM
my old neighbour was in his 60's and was still playing flight sim games, he seemed like a very happy guy.

Games are good in moderation......better than reading books.

dzj
05-03-2014, 07:38 AM
I play a lot less than I used to. Once in a while I'll have a binge where all I do is work and play games. Now I might put in 5-10 a week playing games.

JohnTS1
05-03-2014, 07:39 AM
Console gaming yes, PC gaming never.

PC games I will never get tired of, they are so much more interactive, in depth, fun, moddable, etc etc.

Console games barely hold my attention for more than a couple days.

joshewwah
05-03-2014, 07:40 AM
nope, always have and always will be addicted :/

AliasJR
05-03-2014, 07:43 AM
already quitted bro

put my ps3 back in its box and don't use my pc for gaming anymore

thanks bf4

thanks obama

Midgetkiller
05-03-2014, 08:37 AM
Why the fuk would I quit for no reason? i'll quit if it becomes boring. But it's just another way of competing in something when I'm not playing sports. It's good old fun.

Supernautx
05-03-2014, 09:36 AM
Yeah.

Dark Souls II and TitanFall were really disappointing (no hate, just my opinion).

Every game seems to copy another or tries to recreate itself (Call of Duty, GTA) and I have wanted something different for a long time.

Tried ESO, and I played for about a week.

I play Counter Strike Source and DS1 every once and a while now.

:(:(:(:(:(

CytoRoc
05-03-2014, 09:42 AM
i never really realized it, but for the last 6 months, i only played one game. Ghosts. and my time playing that has gone from like 20hours a week, to about 4 hours a week, if not less.

brb looking at my steam account from like 3 or 4 years ago, and seeing 250 hours for battlefield 2142, 270 hours for modern warfare 2, etc.

yeah i can definitely say that it has gone done SIGNIFICANTLY

part of growing up...

but ill still play cod every other night, or a play through of a need for speed game, or madden if i go visit my family, its relaxing

E-Tank
05-03-2014, 09:45 AM
i stopped playing games for about a year

life got too real + i had no desire to play

thought i was just getting old, just turned out there was no good games to play at the time. Currently addicted to path of exile crew

SynapticCleft
05-03-2014, 09:51 AM
Never going to quit gaming, but I did become very selective of the games I play.

Psychromatik
05-03-2014, 10:20 AM
Definitely not giving up gaming. I have the willpower to stop during the semester, but now that the semester is over the first thing I look forward to is relaxing with friends and playing some multiplayer games or just chilling in an RPG like dark souls for final fantasy. Life is good, and if you think gaming is holding you back from a real life you need to examine deeper that there is a bigger reason for not having a gf, job etc

Monkey Helmet
05-03-2014, 10:49 AM
Not by choice. I don't even have any kids and I barely have time to play more than 1 or 2 hours a week.

Cinderblock
05-03-2014, 10:51 AM
I'm 22, I used to be addicted to gaming but I feel like its a waste of time and money, but I still do want to play certain games. (Star Citizen, UFC, MGS, Dragon Age, Division, The Witcher)

I was going to build a good pc because everyone advocates it, but I might just say fuk it and buy a PS4 because I'm a casual in every sense of the word. I think I'll be done with gaming in a few years.

daysoftheweek
05-03-2014, 10:54 AM
you can play games and have a life too retardwho you calling retard you chinese dinosaur

HotCheetos
05-03-2014, 12:28 PM
Gf tried getting me to cut way back (I'd play like 5-20 hours a week depending on how busy I was). Years later now she is asking me to teach her how to play games. Das it mane.

Will never quit, it is my way of relaxing.

kressnm
05-04-2014, 07:16 AM
My gaming has declined a lot. I feel a lot of the games are the same **** over and over now. I really like Dayz and Arma now. I played the hell out of BF2 but lost interest in BF3 and haven't even considered BF4. Played a little GTAV but not a lot. It's harder to find time to sit down for a few hours and play now too.

naturaltony
05-04-2014, 10:26 AM
I tend to only play games in interested in
So I may play a game for a month and then that's it. I often go months without gaming.

It's a pretty bad hobby to have

Vawx
05-04-2014, 10:38 AM
Yes I basically already have

First game I bought in a year was Dark Souls II and I haven't played that in over a week (got the last boss and stopped caring lulz)

I'll admit to getting older, changing my interests, but I won't back down on my opinion that the industry just sucks dick these days.

I don't have as much time to game anymore, but truly great games like Dark Souls are worth my money. I'll still buy them even if I don't have time to finish them, but great video games are just too few and far between so I've basically given up on gaming.

This is coming from someone that spent a lot of time trying to get into the industry. It's not just the games, the whole industry is sh!t these days. I don't even want a part of it.

Finch000
05-04-2014, 10:49 AM
Yep a while ago I would say hell no, but recently I find I don't game very much and games that would have dragged me in for years like ESO I find I have no intrest in playing it just sits here on my desktop. I'm just bored of playing games in general now and once I find other things to do outside of sitting on my PC all day then I'll probably never game again.

Pr0No0B
05-04-2014, 10:56 AM
nope, I see video games as interactive movies, and Im a big fan of watching movies so nope

Chairman7w
05-04-2014, 02:10 PM
No way, man, I love games, always have.

Played Pong as a young boy for the first time at a Pizza Parlor, and I've been hooked ever since.

About 38 years later, I'm still enjoying probably 15-25 hours of gaming a week. Most nights after the wife goes to bed, I'm up playing Dark Souls; or FFIVX Realm Reborn; or MLB The Show 14; or Skyrim; or WWE 2K14; or NBA 2k14... I could go on. And weekends is even more.

So, no. Not gonna stop gaming.

Fatsaurus
05-04-2014, 05:16 PM
Nope... as I get older though, my tastes change

playing less action/fps/sports games and more strategy/simulation/roleplaying games than I did when I was younger

reyes12
05-04-2014, 05:22 PM
the amount of time spent playing games definitely changes. I play a lot less than I used to, but I will always play videogames, even if its less than 5 hours a week.

Kavliari
05-04-2014, 05:56 PM
I'll be playing video games when I'm 100 in a rocking chair.

canconfirm
05-04-2014, 06:22 PM
never

Shaneomac0
05-04-2014, 06:39 PM
I still play regularly (10-20 hours a week), but my days of gaming till 3-4am are over, i'm lucky to last till 11pm.

Playing games online i'm very dependent on playing with others (no homo), if i'm solo'ing an MMO or even a FPS i usually quit within a few weeks.

misc_brah
05-04-2014, 06:56 PM
I've never been a huge gamer.

I'm 29 now and probably game for 1-2 hours a week.

I think the fact that I game so little is why i'm still gaming. If I had hit it hard in my early 20's/teens I'd probably have gotten it all out of my system by now.

I will probably always be a casual gamer

seanb1979
05-04-2014, 07:20 PM
ive gotten steadily more and more bored with games... every new game just feels like a rip of off something else, and free time isnt easily came by as much as it was when i was younger

p0werlifter
05-04-2014, 07:21 PM
if you're excited for the new call of duty....

DouLou
05-04-2014, 07:30 PM
I'm 27 and I play League of Legends only, I only real play now instead of watching TV, I don't play long binge sessions or stay up late, I just do it because I enjoy it and it's a fun use of free time. Can I see myself stopping? I don't really think there's ever a good reason to completely give up a hobby that you enjoy and isn't bad for you. Although I do find myself spending more evenings going out and doing cheap/social things, even if it's just cinema. Problem with gaming is it can make you lazy and you kinda forget there are more fun things in life than staying indoors all the time.

Honestly I think it's better to game when your older than younger, young people should be out smashing chicks, getting drunk. As old fukers should be the ones curled up at home with a girl and playing games.

tk217
05-04-2014, 08:27 PM
I am not nearly as excited as I was once when WoW was coming out.

I was so hyped for that game it was nearly getting a new system like Super Nes with Mario World on Xmas.

I don't think I'll ever quit games.. but I am not driven by them anymore.

Honestly I think it's better to game when your older than younger, young people should be out smashing chicks, getting drunk. As old fukers should be the ones curled up at home with a girl and playing games

Worst advice - young people shouldn't be smashing bishes and knocking them up, or getting drunk and getting DUIs.

kfx450r
05-04-2014, 08:36 PM
23 and gaming has died out for me for the past 3-4 years. No desire to sit down and play for more than an hour and even then its usually a chore. I just can't enjoy the grinds of every game, the boring do this do that, quest quest blah blah. FPS got boring because I got so good (no ebrag) that I'd expect to do well every game, when I did I got bored and logged off, when I didn't I rage quit...

Don't really care, I just go fishing instead, dat tan, being outside etc I don't miss sitting inside in front a computer/tv for hours on end at all.

zakatak333
05-04-2014, 08:40 PM
yeah its not a thrilling for me as it used to be, don't really spend much time gaming anymore

i could see myself getting back into gaming if the conditions were right, but its not something i'm going to look into at the moment

Taikun
05-04-2014, 08:56 PM
I certainly don't have nearly as much time to play games as I did when I was younger, but I still make time for it. I've been playing video games for more than 25 years, it's a huge part of my life and that won't change any time soon.

2Deodorantz
05-04-2014, 09:21 PM
didn't pick up on the new generation console wave so not playing VIDEO GAMES wasn't that serious. when teenagers and younger became the main gamers i chilled because they suck and yell and curse so nope. have you seen Instagram?

Niko49ers
05-05-2014, 12:21 AM
Nope. I have guys on my Xbox FL that are in their mid-30's some in their 40's playing COD. That's going to be me lol

DCutch
05-05-2014, 12:42 AM
Nope, I'll typically play the hell out of RPGs like the Fallout series games or the TES series, then I go dormant for a while until the next legit RPG comes out.

ChangeOfStyle
05-05-2014, 12:51 AM
Don't play much console related games anymore or even computer games. Im just regularly training, on BB and on facebook at the moment - once I get my security license, I'm jumping into that and there'll be no time for any of this which is good. Gaming for 4 years straight resulted in me having impaired vision (short sighted). You guys and gals need to relax with it if it's an addiction.