PDA

View Full Version : Gaming talkshow?

TurkBrah
05-02-2014, 04:16 PM
Is there a gaming talk show on TV right now? Or even a gaming TV channel?

Kalmah6661
05-02-2014, 04:29 PM
Is there a gaming talk show on TV right now? Or even a gaming TV channel?

Not anymore. I think the only one was G4.

Taikun
05-02-2014, 04:43 PM
I get infinitely more valuable gaming content from Youtube than I ever did from G4. Everything from discussion panels, reviews, Let's Plays, commentary, etc are all available and lots of it is great.

When I was a kid I used to sit through a 30 minute show that was half commercials just to watch seconds of actual gameplay footage. Now I can pick any random game and watch full playthroughs with interesting commentary on Youtube with next to no ads. TV is garbage compared to what we have now.

linkin90
05-02-2014, 05:18 PM
I get infinitely more valuable gaming content from Youtube than I ever did from G4. Everything from discussion panels, reviews, Let's Plays, commentary, etc are all available and lots of it is great.

When I was a kid I used to sit through a 30 minute show that was half commercials just to watch seconds of actual gameplay footage. Now I can pick any random game and watch full playthroughs with interesting commentary on Youtube with next to no ads. TV is garbage compared to what we have now.

This, everything you would want is on youtube now. You just have to find the channels you like. I would say rev3games is close to "gaming talkshow". They sometimes have interesting 10 minute convos about gaming related topics. that being said I don't find it as interesting since adam sessler left.

jthm
05-02-2014, 05:35 PM
What happened to my HBB Morgan Webb?

VANZFINEST
05-02-2014, 06:41 PM

AD-BLOCKER PLUS FTW.

Havent had seen an Ad on my computer in years...not on Youtube video or other websites.

Feels good man.

I just wish more people would use it...it should COME ALREADY INSTALLED on your browser IMO. As well as all the "Opt out" extensions and other extensions like "No-script". Having all this saves your computer from malware, viruses, but being Ad free is the best. Fuking hate television nowadays because of all the commercials, its like 50/50, 50% of the program and 50% of the ads. Its just NOT WORTH sitting down and watching something on the television because of all the time wasted...it adds up quickly, believe me.

BTTB3
05-02-2014, 07:27 PM
AD-BLOCKER PLUS FTW.

Havent had seen an Ad on my computer in years...not on Youtube video or other websites.

Feels good man.

I just wish more people would use it...it should COME ALREADY INSTALLED on your browser IMO. As well as all the "Opt out" extensions and other extensions like "No-script". Having all this saves your computer from malware, viruses, but being Ad free is the best. Fuking hate television nowadays because of all the commercials, its like 50/50, 50% of the program and 50% of the ads. Its just NOT WORTH sitting down and watching something on the television because of all the time wasted...it adds up quickly, believe me.

I disabled Adblocker on YouTube and other sites I frequent. 5 second ads every now and again and the person who makes the video gets something for their efforts. You should consider it as well, it really is a minor inconvenience while the person creating the stuff you like gets rewarded. If sites have invasive/bad ads like video ads, audio ads, giant banner pop ups, etc. I just keep the site blocked.

If adblocker came preinstalled, we would be the ones losing out as content creators start creating less and its not worth their time anymore.

Informativeguy
05-02-2014, 07:34 PM
in for morgan webb pics. xplay was goat.

joedirt87
05-02-2014, 07:39 PM
Not that I know of. Gametrailers and some other websites have some web series things going on. There's a few good gaming podcasts out there. Giant Bomb, Garnett Lee has a new one that's pretty good, Player1 Podcast is alright.

Supadude
05-02-2014, 07:41 PM

Dat Tech TV time.

Auburn RSX-S
05-02-2014, 10:35 PM
Game related stuff on TV took a massive dump. Get on dat dere podcast time brah.

specifically the giantbombcast. Nothing compares.

http://www.giantbomb.com/podcasts/

This week, ET UNEARTHED!