PDA

View Full Version : Brahs I've given up on new games for now

Goatlord
05-02-2014, 10:59 AM
Bought a GTX 750 TI DualX Palit few months ago, didn't work, motherboard of old PC died, used poverty laptop for over two months.

Finally bought new pc (I5-4670 and 8gb ram 1,6k gb) and put my GTX 750 TI DualX Palit in there. Poverty by misc neckbeard standards, still good enough for modern games so I expected some fun.

Brb only game I found from last 6 months that was even worth downloading for pirating was Splinter Cell: Blacklist, brb still poverty game with poverty characters and poverty settings/storyline and got bored of it fast.

Recently tried Dark Souls 2, boring as ****, played for 20 mins before even getting a weapon cause I couldn't jump with my controller and settings wouldn't even use me the preconfigured keyboard controls for jumping. Already had enough of configuring stuff with poverty Dark Souls 1, so all I did was >>>>>>>>>Quit Game. Overrated **** brand of piece that can't even get my Logitech Rumblepad settings right. Typical console peassants trying to port games to PC failing even at basics like configuring jump buttons. Will not play this POS game out of protest, either release a full game where I can just play from the get go or just release it for consoles and ignore PC, this middle thing is annoying as ****. I ain't downloading fanpatches for a perfectly new game that should run perfectly as soon as I click the icon.

Honestly, all I see in gaming in a few months ahead is

a) TWD episodes aka 1,5 hours of fun every 2 months

b) A Wolf Among US aka 1,5 hours of fun every 2 months (yes I love Telltales, only games that actually evoke any kind of emotion in me)

c) Watchdogs next month which is probably going to be a huge disappointment and utter bs.

No other options.

I swear when I was a kid there were so many more games released, actual quality games. Nowadays I have to opt for the indy-movie like games cause at least they have stories and characters, all those AAA games are utters BS not counting TLOU which isn't even released for the PC which makes it even worse, and I ain't buying a poverty PS4 (zero games ineteresting in the library for me, likewise for X1) or a relict PS3 just for it.

What the **** happened? Brb buying new gear, brb no single game that is actually good that I can actually use gear on, brb playing games with PS2 emulator cause they had some quality games back then. Holy ****, Ps4, PC and X1 together have a worse game library in 2014 than a Ps2 alone did within 6 months of release, what the **** is with this poverty gaming industry. Brb wasting 50 mill on a game, still looks ****, zero AI, awful characters, B-hollywood movie storylines, same old gameplay etc.

Are there actually any good games to look forward to? I like RPGs (not generic ones so no Skyrim etc), Horror, Stealth and those indy games that are like a mix of movies and games. The conventional genres just don't cut it anymore for me. Been there, done that, boring as ****, always the same ****. I seriously lol at the whole PC vs Console bs because there is no masterrace, any old gamers can tell you all systems are poverty as **** right now.

Or am I just getting too old for games, Age:26 checking in. Just hugely disappointed with lack of games, nothing good ever gets released, and even the quantity of releases seems far lower than in the past. I can't be the only one who sees it that way. Wat do? Any good hidden gems worth trying out for?

freeburn
05-02-2014, 11:07 AM
i enjoyed splinter cell alot.

i rarely find a new campaign game that i go nuts for, but i did buy day z and have put near 200 hours into it. that is the first new game i've gotten into for a long time outside of battlefield and fifa games.

if you like horror go play outlast. if you cant find one decent game in the gazillions on steam you are just being picky

Goatlord
05-02-2014, 11:16 AM
i enjoyed splinter cell alot.

i rarely find a new campaign game that i go nuts for, but i did buy day z and have put near 200 hours into it. that is the first new game i've gotten into for a long time outside of battlefield and fifa games.

if you like horror go play outlast. if you cant find one decent game in the gazillions on steam you are just being picky

Outlast was a 7/10. Good horror, but **** story, could care less about it. Not even close to Amnesia, and even further apart from Silent Hill 2-3.

TBH if you're into Battlefield and COD and the like, ignore thread. I only like quality games, not poverty commercial AAA dumbed down gamers for people with an IQ below 100. I need something that stimulates me emotionally, or makes me go wow, or has something interesting about it. Some poverty nazi/zombie/terrorist shooter games done 2346236 times before that are not gonna make it. Only shooter games from the last few years I liked were Bioshock Infinite and Metro:Last Light. I'm looking for that kind of games. I liked S.T.A.L.K.E.R before that, but it's an old game now. IDK if any new games like that are around now.

EatingPancakes
05-02-2014, 11:22 AM
When you were a kid technology was still growing and developers plowed headfirst into seeing what the technology could do. Nowadays it's settled into the S.S.D.D. state of affairs. Very rarely will you get something "different". Things that are different than where the money's at usually don't make it or at least struggle to get support.

Gaming industry is like the Oil industry, cot damn.

freeburn
05-02-2014, 11:26 AM
Outlast was a 7/10. Good horror, but **** story, could care less about it. Not even close to Amnesia, and even further apart from Silent Hill 2-3.

TBH if you're into Battlefield and COD and the like, ignore thread. I only like quality games, not poverty commercial AAA dumbed down gamers for people with an IQ below 100. I need something that stimulates me emotionally, or makes me go wow, or has something interesting about it. Some poverty nazi/zombie/terrorist shooter games done 2346236 times before that are not gonna make it. Only shooter games from the last few years I liked were Bioshock Infinite and Metro:Last Light. I'm looking for that kind of games. I liked S.T.A.L.K.E.R before that, but it's an old game now. IDK if any new games like that are around now.

There is nothing more stimulating then playing vs people online. You actually have to use your brain to be better then someone rather then some retarded ai who walks the same pattern on repeat.

Bf is the only fps series I really play. Dayz is a whole different ballgame when it comes to pvp.

If you are too bad at games to play against other people I understand.

tdnick
05-02-2014, 11:26 AM
What are you doing buying a PC and complaining about no new games coming out?

Sound familiar?

Goatlord
05-02-2014, 11:29 AM
When you were a kid technology was still growing and developers plowed headfirst into seeing what the technology could do. Nowadays it's settled into the S.S.D.D. state of affairs. Very rarely will you get something "different". Things that are different than where the money's at usually don't make it or at least struggle to get support.

Gaming industry is like the Oil industry, cot damn.

This is my concern actually.

Back in the old days innovation was still encouraged due to games not beeing too expensive to produce and trends setting towards games setting new standards. Nowadays, it's pretty much the status quo, gaming companies are wasting millions of money on production and they are extremely insecure about their product so they play it as safe as they can, but ironically usually their sales are still "below their expectations" and they wonder why: All AAA games are the same...even non AAA games for the most part.

When I played stealth games as a kid, I didn't get millions of ammunition like in Splinter Cell:Blacklist for example, I had no choice but to take the stealth route, nowadays there is no difference if you play Assassins Creed or Hitman:Absolution, shoot your way right through it if everything fails and still succeed. Now Hitman:Absolution was actually fun for me for whatever reason so I'm not gonna say like it's a bad thing in 100% of the cases, but the lack of individuality and having all genres beeing linked together, basically beeing the same (Action/Adventure/Stealth) makes most games look like an uneven, undistinguishable mess. Even worse for most shooters which simply follow the basic formula of killing zombies/nazis/terrorists which should have gotten old 10 years ago.

It's just that I'd rather play a "new game", as in legit new experience rather than have dejavus of games I already played before. What point is there in churning out money for new games if I have already played the same game with a different engine and slightly different storymode years ago? It's still the same **** in the end.

What are you doing buying a PC and complaining about no new games coming out?

Sound familiar?

Retarded comment. I added Ps4 and X1 into the equasion which to me, to this date have zero games I'd be willing to buy so cut your console vs PC nonsense. My concern is towards all gaming medias. If you gave me both consoles for free I wouldn't know what games to buy for it, just like I have no idea what PC game to buy next, except Watch Dogs, which is multi-platform anyway.

InstantLoser
05-02-2014, 11:37 AM
OP,

The way I usually do things is to find a game I want to play first, and then build/upgrade so that I can play that game. I feel like to some degree you put the cart before the horse. There are plenty of good games out there, but perhaps your personal tastes have turned you off to them. Lots of good indy stuff showing up on Steam, but if all you want to play is First Person Shooters, I'm not sure what to tell you. I prefer sandbox games that let me just do whatever I want.

jhm123
05-02-2014, 11:40 AM
Just play old games. There's an insane backlog, they're cheap, difficult, tons of mods, and they don't hold your hand.

Modern AAA games are formulaic trash. Don't waste your time with them.

freeburn
05-02-2014, 11:40 AM
OP,

The way I usually do things is to find a game I want to play first, and then build/upgrade so that I can play that game. I feel like to some degree you put the cart before the horse. There are plenty of good games out there, but perhaps your personal tastes have turned you off to them. Lots of good indy stuff showing up on Steam, but if all you want to play is First Person Shooters, I'm not sure what to tell you. I prefer sandbox games that let me just do whatever I want.

This. Most fps games cater for online play. There's a few great fps campaign gems like Bioshock and Metro but they are few and far in between. Idk many people who like fps games but don't want to play online.

Try shadow warrior, it's s fun fps game. A bit of a satire so it's funny.

Goatlord
05-02-2014, 11:41 AM
OP,

If you read my OP you'd know I don't generally like these types of games hence why I mentioned Bioshock or Metro which are rather exceptional to the genre, I'm more into RPGs/Horror/Stealth/Whatever term there is for those movie-like games that they sporadically release (Telltale Games/Dear Esther/Gone Home/Cat Lady/Heavy Rain). I'd even be willing to play a quality game from those genres from 2006 if needed to lol, but I think I played most of them already, and it's not like many of them were released. Especially not new ones.

InstantLoser
05-02-2014, 11:44 AM
If you read my OP you'd know I don't generally like these types of games hence why I mentioned Bioshock or Metro which are rather exceptional to the genre, I'm more into RPGs/Horror/Stealth/Whatever term there is for those movie-like games that they sporadically release (Telltale Games/Dear Esther/Gone Home/Cat Lady/Heavy Rain). I'd even be willing to play a quality game from those genres from 2006 if needed to lol, but I think I played most of them already, and it's not like many of them were released. Especially not new ones.

Why not start making your own games? You can get Unity off torrent. If you feel there is a gap in the market, fill it and make bank.

BrollicWraith
05-02-2014, 12:02 PM
A lot of the best games are being released only on consoles nowadays

Buy a PS3 and play The Last of Us, your faith in gaming will be restored

Goatlord
05-02-2014, 12:13 PM
Why not start making your own games? You can get Unity off torrent. If you feel there is a gap in the market, fill it and make bank.

What kind of comment is that? Do you think that everybody who plays games is in the IT industry? IDK how to even program Hello World and I have zero graphic talent, nevermind anything else regarding games except maybe writing music, which is a non-factor compared to the more important stuff anyway. Brb needing to be a master chef just so I can judge good from bad food.

I swear gamers nowadays will make any excuse to allow this ****ty gaming industry to continue, no wonder big gaming companies have stuck to the same old **** formula considering people are just gonna buy it up anyway.

A lot of the best games are being released only on consoles nowadays

Buy a PS3 and play The Last of Us, your faith in gaming will be restored

Watched a no commentary Let's Play on Youtube since I don't own a PS3, best game I've never played, one of my all-time faves based on story, characters and atmosphere alone. Although, I cannot agree with the consoles argument, I think they have a **** video game library, at least for new consoles. Was never a problem finding good games on Ps2/Xbox or PS3/Xbox360 which is why even as a PC gamer I never had any issues with consoles, but Ps4/X1 is full on poverty mode. Even worse than the already poverty PC 2014 releases. Unless you only like ****ty games, you will agree. Brb zero good exclusives on both consoles combined after 6 month of release, that's a new record low, no ****ing thanks Jeff, would rather have a nice clean NES Controller in my hands and I'm not even retro.

y0lked
05-02-2014, 12:16 PM
You think watch dogs is gonna be a disappoint? Elaborate.

btw, i know these feels. After cod4 nothing else was the same.

InstantLoser
05-02-2014, 12:20 PM
What kind of comment is that? Do you think that everybody who plays games is in the IT industry? IDK how to even program Hello World and I have zero graphic talent, nevermind anything else regarding games except maybe writing music, which is a non-factor compared to the more important stuff anyway. Brb needing to be a master chef just so I can judge good from bad food.

I swear gamers nowadays will make any excuse to allow this ****ty gaming industry to continue, no wonder big gaming companies have stuck to the same old **** formula considering people are just gonna buy it up anyway.

You're not understanding me. Unity does the programming for you, which is why I suggested you download it and make your own games. If you're going to make a thread complaining about the lack of certain content in todays games, and then turn down a suggestion as to how to fix it... *shrug* Unity is an engine for people who don't know how to program to still be able to make games. You can get it free via torrent.

I'm not "defending/making excuses for the gaming industry". If you read any of my posts in threads about games like ESO, you'll see that I have no love for the way the industry does things. The lack of combat physics in MMO's pisses me off. They recycle old MMO content for new ones, and basically copy eachother. ESO = GW2 with a different paint job, plus more bugs.

Goatlord
05-02-2014, 12:45 PM
You think watch dogs is gonna be a disappoint? Elaborate.

btw, i know these feels. After cod4 nothing else was the same.

See, you enjoy COD so my opinion is going to sound like somebody from another universe talking with you, I think those kind of games are absolutely horrendous by default. Zero excitement, zero story, zero characters, zero anything but killing nazis/terrorists or whatever, the most poverty type of games, honestly when I heard COD I think no-life basement dwelling neckbeard. Absolutely zero entertainment value whatsoever.

As for Watch Dogs.

After the initial videos in 2012 that seemed so far ahead of gaming in that time it just went to **** the more they have shown. The hacking mechanics were just another typical gaming minigame/tool with no standout features more like another Assassins Creed but with a modern setup instead of having the new modern dynamic way of usage they were teasing us, the main protagonist looks like utter **** and seems to have zero personality whatsoever even after years of trailers and in-game footage, and the graphics, which were the main "wow" point of the game have gone to utter **** in the last few trailers and videos. Looks like a PS3 game, when it looked way better than a PS4 game ever could hope to look like in their vids in 2012. Pathetic marketing, trying to make next-gen consoles look "next-gen" when those consoles are barely "current-gen", looking worse than PC games at medium settings. Even the PC version is gonna look like **** on Ultra most likely compared to what we expected. False advertising at its best.

You're not understanding me. Unity does the programming for you, which is why I suggested you download it and make your own games. If you're going to make a thread complaining about the lack of certain content in todays games, and then turn down a suggestion as to how to fix it... *shrug* Unity is an engine for people who don't know how to program to still be able to make games. You can get it free via torrent.

I'm not "defending/making excuses for the gaming industry". If you read any of my posts in threads about games like ESO, you'll see that I have no love for the way the industry does things. The lack of combat physics in MMO's pisses me off. They recycle old MMO content for new ones, and basically copy eachother. ESO = GW2 with a different paint job, plus more bugs.

Aware me on Unity (srs). Links appreciated.

Ronnie87
05-02-2014, 12:46 PM
Games are made fun by who you play with, I've come to this realisation. I used to think WoW and CS 1.6 were awesome, and they were good games, but they were made awesome by the guys I played them with. Get a buddy or 2 and play some multiplayer games together, talk to people and make more friends, then get a bit of team work going and games instantly become 10x better.

Goatlord
05-02-2014, 01:06 PM
Games are made fun by who you play with, I've come to this realisation. I used to think WoW and CS 1.6 were awesome, and they were good games, but they were made awesome by the guys I played them with. Get a buddy or 2 and play some multiplayer games together, talk to people and make more friends, then get a bit of team work going and games instantly become 10x better.

Played CS 1.6 with a buddy 2 weeks ago, was boring as **** tbh, although we only fought against bots so maybe that's why. Also game is outdated as hell and has ****ty levels.

I don't care about playing games with friends unless they are some party games, which aren't even around anymore (last I remember was Wii Sports, and before that Crash Bandicoot Party or whatever it was called on Ps1 which was awesome). Normal games aren't nearly as fun with buddies and the current party games all have bad reviews lol. Maybe Splinter Cell:BL COOP could be fun thought for a while, but I still want some games with substance. I'm just naturally more into stories, characters, atmosphere than I am into gameplay...probably reason why I like movie-games more than normal ones. Gameplay alone bores me. I loved the new Devil May Crys gameplay for example, awesome reactions to combos and swift, fluid movements everywhere but I found the new Dante totally unsympathic and didn't care about his conquest to glory so I stopped playing after 3 hours.

InstantLoser
05-02-2014, 01:11 PM
Aware me on Unity (srs). Links appreciated.

h t t p s://store.unity3d.com/?gclid=CPmczYaGjr4CFecWMgodnGsASg

This is of course the official site. If you want to get it for free via torrent I'll let you figure out where to do that.. :p

Goatlord
05-02-2014, 01:42 PM
h t t p s://store.unity3d.com/?gclid=CPmczYaGjr4CFecWMgodnGsASg

This is of course the official site. If you want to get it for free via torrent I'll let you figure out where to do that.. :p

No, I didn't mean on aware on where to buy/DL it but what point it makes.

Legit Programmers (coming from somebody who has never worked in a dev team and has no experience whatsoever)

-Sound Programmers

-Lead Story Writers

-Graphic Developers (sketches etc)

-Graphic Designers

-Lead Programmer

-Bunch of other programmers

-Bands/Groups for making actual soundtrack

-Voice actors for each character

-Much more, probably 10x my list that I don't even count for

IDK if you're high or drunk, but one "simple to use" engine isn't going to get you far. Maybe its good enough for creating another Tetris or flash game lol, but certainly not for creating a real game. Advanced C++ and a degree in IT + graphics management/studies (or whatever you call it in US) is gonna make you good enough to be part of a TEAM of 100+ people to be part of a great game, beeing a guy who never studied IT in his life, is all by himself alone and has a poverty gaming engline is certainly not gonna make it.

InstantLoser
05-02-2014, 01:44 PM
No, I didn't mean on aware on where to buy/DL it but what point it makes.

Legit Programmers (coming from somebody who has never worked in a dev team and has no experience whatsoever)

-Sound Programmers

-Lead Story Writers

-Graphic Developers (sketches etc)

-Graphic Designers

-Lead Programmer

-Bunch of other programmers

-Bands/Groups for making actual soundtrack

-Voice actors for each character

-Much more, probably 10x my list that I don't even count for

IDK if you're high or drunk, but one "simple to use" engine isn't going to get you far. Maybe its good enough for creating another Tetris or flash game lol, but certainly not for creating a real game.

You do of course realize that many games on Steam right now were in fact made with Unity by a small number of people right..? Kerbal Space Program is made with Unity...

Check YouTube for many many other games in development via Unity. Certainly better looking than "Tetris"...
*****://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njUc2gR4ieY

The point of the program is that it already has a built in library of the above mentioned items you listed. There's premade texture maps, audio files, meshes, bones, climates, effects, whatever. If you don't want to take advantage of it that's up to you, I was only trying to help you find a solution to the lack of gaming content you want. If it doesn't exist on todays market, you could make it yourself. If that's not something you want to pursue, that's fine, but calling me "high or drunk" because I pointed out that in fact there exists a program that lets you make games without knowing ANYTHING about being a game maker is just idiotic and proves that you're more interested in being combative about this than anything else.

Goatlord
05-02-2014, 01:52 PM
You do of course realize that many games on Steam right now were in fact made with Unity by a small number of people right..? Kerbal Space Program is made with Unity...

What surprise that I never heard of it. Call me back when any game that is even semi-fun or remotely relevant is released on it. Even Dear Esther had a small team and it was done with an awesome engine, not poverty Unity.

Real indy games with style and substance aka Dear Esther

http://www.submarinechannel.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/DearEsther01.jpg

Google browse "best games with unity/graphics" and this is what you get:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-vuA0s7X9tN4/UEtAAgGiOZI/AAAAAAAAEsw/EpCznn3qBVw/s1600/Unity+Engine+3D+Linux+Games.jpg

Lol, just lol. You gotta be retarded to even try this.

InstantLoser
05-02-2014, 01:56 PM
What surprise that I never heard of it. Call me back when any game that is even semi-fun or remotely relevant is released on it. Even Dear Esther had a small team and it was done with an awesome engine, not poverty Unity.

Real indy games with style and substance aka Dear Esther

http://www.submarinechannel.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/DearEsther01.jpg

Google browse "best games with unity/graphics" and this is what you get:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-vuA0s7X9tN4/UEtAAgGiOZI/AAAAAAAAEsw/EpCznn3qBVw/s1600/Unity+Engine+3D+Linux+Games.jpg

Lol, just lol. You gotta be retarded to even try this.

If you're only concerned with graphics, then yes you'd need someone with enough skill to create higher quality texture maps and other effects.

Goatlord
05-02-2014, 02:11 PM
If you're only concerned with graphics, then yes you'd need someone with enough skill to create higher quality texture maps and other effects.

It's not beeing concerned with graphics, it's about beeing concerned with bringing standards up to par. Why would I even give a shot at making a game with substandard...standards if there is nothing redeeming about itself? There is a reason I never heard of a succesful Unity game in my life, it's far more than just graphics limitations, a degree in IT or whatever the american term is for graphics architecture will always get you further than using a poverty engine with limited possibilities. Look at this for example:

This is a poverty graphics game for example that's good:

http://www.shinyloot.com/games/310-the-cat-lady/Screenshot1.jpg

Looks ****ty compared to 3d games, but has artistic value and still makes you interested, even the graphics fit into the game. Solid 8-9/10 game imo, it stands out and has some value. Perfectly fitting to its style, although 2D.

Meanwhile Unity games with "best programmers and most potential unleashed"

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-cZiq_Wawz-o/UFuEp_bMS7I/AAAAAAAAA7I/b-d8k2DlK0o/s1600/Screenshot+of+Unity+Engine+at+Work.jpg

Looks like a scenery from 2009 and probably takes an Intel i7 @ 5ghz with TWO GTX 780 TIs and 16gb RAM to run at 20 fps lol. No interest whatsoever, just looks like a generic poverty AAA ripoff minus the funds. Any game that looks even semi good looks like a dia-show on it, even the **** looking games run badly. No atmosphere, no professionalism, no need of degrees of experience, no nothing.

Sorry, but you cannot compare a simple engine that has no merits apart to hobby-programmers to stuff real programmers do. Even the good stuff on Unity looks bad compared to the 2D stuff indy companies do like I showed in my example, it's just a different ballpark, like comparing a PHD in mathematics to somebody who just learned to count from 1-100.

InstantLoser
05-02-2014, 02:31 PM
stuff.

Like everything, the output is only going to be as good as the people making it. The quality of textures is only as good as the artist, etc. Look man, you don't have to make your own game, it just seemed like a good solution for someone seeking something the market currently lacks. If you don't want to be a pioneer and make the games you think the industry should be producing, that's cool, but if you don't, who will?

Goatlord
05-02-2014, 02:44 PM
Like everything, the output is only going to be as good as the people making it. The quality of textures is only as good as the artist, etc. Look man, you don't have to make your own game, it just seemed like a good solution for someone seeking something the market currently lacks. If you don't want to be a pioneer and make the games you think the industry should be producing, that's cool, but if you don't, who will?

It's maybe a dream wish at best, working with Konami on a new Silent Hill Title and having me as the lead writer who puts extreme emphasis on psychology that could even put Silent Hill classics to shame would be good fantasy and dream wish, but it's not happening.

And think about it, even creating a past gen game that good would take hard work, so let's say Unity Engine is good enough for that, but what about the whole thing? You need a good team of writers, sound artists, grapics artists and programmers and far more workers of lower fields to make it work. Now that's not as easy to assemble, is it?

CoreMaster75
05-02-2014, 02:50 PM
Break out of your pessimistic cognitive bias towards the past, gaming is the same now as it's always been. There's strong titles coming out and there is very much to look forward to.

Star Citizen, is number one. It will redefine the expectations for gaming and push everything forward. The Forest will be out soon and looks great. If you want an open world game, Skyrim is still great. Destiny is coming out for consoles, but I expect we'll see a later PC release date as well. Witcher 3, enough said, is easily going to be one of the best games I've ever played and is a hallmark of the genre. Bioshock Infinite had a mind-blowing story.

And frankly, I agree with the above, competitive online games bring more replay-ability nowadays. COD is for tards, I agree, but BF4 is tactical, rewarding, and immersive. The game I'm playing the most right now is free, and extremely fun IMO. Ghost Recon: Phantoms, teams of 8, extremely tactical, and nearly everyone plays with a mic and strong communication and strategy is what wins games. If you immerse yourself, you will be sweating when you shout out to a teammate to frantically save you in the last seconds as adrenaline is pumping or laughing at some silly dialogue from your teammate. That's what's emotionally provoking. You play with people enough, get to know them, talk to them, and you care about them, you care about when they die and feel guilty that you made a mistake and couldn't save them or elation when you do.

Frankly, getting enjoyment out of any game is appreciating the positives of the game and not focusing on the negatives, which is easier when you're younger. The Last of Us was one of the best games I've ever played, but I still wanted to bash my head through a ****ing wall every time I had to swim around until I found a pallet to carry Ellie across the water, which was slow and repetitive. Still, focusing on the strengths of any game is important, TLOU was a solid 9.8-9.9/10.

Goatlord
05-02-2014, 03:10 PM
I just want one good game to blow me away, all good responses so far were about The Last of Us, which I can't even play because retards thought it was a good idea to release it on PS3, I swear if those phaggots decided to add it in the PS4 starter lineup instead the PS4 sales would have gotten up at least 10% deadsrs. The dumbest marketing technology ever, bring the first ever Next- Gen game on a last gen-console, logic not even once.

freeburn
05-02-2014, 03:21 PM
You really just seem like a needy little bitch to be honest. Who the **** plays CS against bots. No wonder you don't have any fun playing games. Go watch a movie.

Spetsnazos
05-02-2014, 03:36 PM
You really just seem like a needy little bitch to be honest. Who the **** plays CS against bots. No wonder you don't have any fun playing games. Go watch a movie.

this. op negged for crying like a sl00t

airdog93
05-02-2014, 03:58 PM
There is nothing more stimulating then playing vs people online. You actually have to use your brain to be better then someone rather then some retarded ai who walks the same pattern on repeat.

Bf is the only fps series I really play. Dayz is a whole different ballgame when it comes to pvp.

If you are too bad at games to play against other people I understand.

if you have half a brain you can realize that people follow a pattern (sorta like the AI) in PVP

.aeterna
05-02-2014, 04:28 PM
OP u probably just grew outta games

let it go and stop trying to convince ppl that games suck. its just u who hates everything, srs

jamesbwbevis
05-02-2014, 05:21 PM
op mad?

freeburn
05-02-2014, 06:03 PM
if you have half a brain you can realize that people follow a pattern (sorta like the AI) in PVP

Name one multilayer fps game where playing vs people is the same as playing vs ai.

BrollicWraith
05-02-2014, 07:32 PM
Watched a no commentary Let's Play on Youtube since I don't own a PS3, best game I've never played, one of my all-time faves based on story, characters and atmosphere alone. Although, I cannot agree with the consoles argument, I think they have a **** video game library, at least for new consoles. Was never a problem finding good games on Ps2/Xbox or PS3/Xbox360 which is why even as a PC gamer I never had any issues with consoles, but Ps4/X1 is full on poverty mode. Even worse than the already poverty PC 2014 releases. Unless you only like ****ty games, you will agree. Brb zero good exclusives on both consoles combined after 6 month of release, that's a new record low, no ****ing thanks Jeff, would rather have a nice clean NES Controller in my hands and I'm not even retro.

I agree about the newest consoles, but I wasn't even talking about those. Of course they have terrible libraries right now, give them a couple years.