PDA

View Full Version : Do any former WoW players...

Shiden11
05-01-2014, 07:38 PM
start thinking about playing again, then remember there are pandas now and decide not to?

Zerafian
05-01-2014, 07:40 PM
on and off yes...it was the first MMO I ever played. Its like the first girl you ever bang and she was a 10/10...youll never ever forget.

mastap
05-01-2014, 07:47 PM
It's funny, I have friends who feel the same way. They think to them selves "wait, there are pandas, I'm not playing that bubbly elementary school chit."

when in reality, that expansion probably had the darkest and most violent undertones the game had seen yet

you should never judge a book by it's cover i suppose

Beachease
05-01-2014, 07:48 PM
It seriously taunts me sometimes....but I remember to be strong and brush it off. Both my bros still play it and so does my cousin so in sometimes just like to watch.

Tamorlane
05-01-2014, 07:50 PM
on and off yes...it was the first MMO I ever played. Its like the first girl you ever bang and she was a 10/10...youll never ever forget.

lol

waisoserious
05-01-2014, 08:38 PM
i think of playing every now and then, but then i remember how grindy it is and how progression raiding is like hitting your head against a brick wall.
how you will never be satisfied clearing a heroic tier because there will always be another one.

then i remember how my grand marshall titles are cooler anyways so i stay unsubbed.

squirrell751
05-01-2014, 08:47 PM
Realistically WoW can be casual and still be played on the highest level. Most of the time consuming things in WoW is all the attunement/preparation it takes to get into raiding or PvP but once you get there you could play 2-3 nights a week raiding or PvPing for 2-3 hours and you could still achieve a lot and have a good time, but the main question is is it worth it. It takes a dedicated and coordinated group to fully commit to raid/progress every week not to mention the synergy and chemistry of that group. The main problem with that is the social stigma and ego conflicts that come with MMOs and online playing in general. But if you had 10 close knit brahs who could form a group and agree to achieve a certain goal whether that's a certain rank in PvP or progress in raid it can be fun, but definitely time consuming. In general though, for most people these days it's not worth it and MMOs take too much time. The reason I don't play MMOs, big or small like WoW or Diablo, is because they're a waste of time imo. I spent all this time gearing up a toon so I could boast about it by showing it off or killing people in game, that if I had spend that much time in another hobby or skill I would have much more satisfaction and would have more transition to something real life related. At the end of the day it's a video game and no one should waste as much time as time is wasted on MMOs.

HurpnDurp
05-01-2014, 10:34 PM
No, while it was fun, I'm bitter about the amount of time I wasted on it. That being said, its one of the best mmos out there.

Rawrzilla
05-01-2014, 11:07 PM
Started hating WoW since they introduced the caverns of time and assorted silly dragonry. Was a huge fan of the wc3 era and sadly, they chose to bring in dragons and pandas. MoP killed it for me though, I braved through cataclysm focusing mainly on PvP after being PvE heavy in wotlk.

MoP raiding, not even once.

Vikingblood666
05-01-2014, 11:30 PM
WOD is supposed to bring vanilla/bc feels back. LOTS of changes they know they fuked up. Will play when it is released this fall.

Brazzah
05-01-2014, 11:56 PM
Official misc WoW crew on this thread brahs, we pepper the angus for WoD

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=161440413

EatingPancakes
05-02-2014, 12:24 AM
Pandarians have always been a part of the universe's lore. Think they've been around since one of WCIII's expansions.

Frankly their presence doesn't bother me as much as how much they watered down the game and messed up, I've heard they're putting them back proper with the new xpack. Used to be fun around the BC days, but I deeply regret how much time I found myself putting into it. Stopped myself from ever playing it again after BC.

tk217
05-02-2014, 12:55 AM
I actually like the Pandas.

I just quit back in Vanilla - after Nax was out for a few months because of School and familylife.

I started up again during "new nax" in Frozen Throne prior to Arthas' arrival but it took so long that I quit again. (LOL)

I heard he was a lame boss fight.

tk217
05-02-2014, 01:00 AM
Realistically WoW can be casual and still be played on the highest level. Most of the time consuming things in WoW is all the attunement/preparation it takes to get into raiding or PvP but once you get there you could play 2-3 nights a week raiding or PvPing for 2-3 hours and you could still achieve a lot and have a good time, but the main question is is it worth it. It takes a dedicated and coordinated group to fully commit to raid/progress every week not to mention the synergy and chemistry of that group. The main problem with that is the social stigma and ego conflicts that come with MMOs and online playing in general. But if you had 10 close knit brahs who could form a group and agree to achieve a certain goal whether that's a certain rank in PvP or progress in raid it can be fun, but definitely time consuming. In general though, for most people these days it's not worth it and MMOs take too much time. The reason I don't play MMOs, big or small like WoW or Diablo, is because they're a waste of time imo. I spent all this time gearing up a toon so I could boast about it by showing it off or killing people in game, that if I had spend that much time in another hobby or skill I would have much more satisfaction and would have more transition to something real life related. At the end of the day it's a video game and no one should waste as much time as time is wasted on MMOs.

I don't want a second job - but I also don't to shell out for a monthly cost when there are plenty of MMORPG's that may be sub-standard to WoW but are not complete **** when in reality most people pick PvP or PvE (PvP in WoW inmho is complete **** - why not play Tribes or TF2 (vastly superior to WoW))

The PvE content is what you are wanting to do - but if you can't get a group that is cool or decide to "not have a second job" through attainments/prepwork studying -whatever- you end up forever "back of the pack" - this often causes those around you to "give up" and be disillusioned with lack of "gain" because face it. People don't like to lose. This of course forces you to apply more time to studies, farming, crap like that.

WoW has still be the #1 MMORPG out there because it is constantly adding vast amounts of PvE content - the PvP has been a grind and remains a grind forever.

NZDB
05-02-2014, 02:05 AM
I still keep an eye on the news regarding the next expansion and from the trailer it looks like it's going to be a lot darker and more raw than the other expansions...

That said it IS Blizzard and it will likely be total **** even though the story line potential is quite strong

Ronnie87
05-02-2014, 02:54 AM
The game's too easy and scripted now, it's boring. You follow a pre-determined path from level 1 to 90, you grind heroics, grind raid finder. You don't need to leave the city or interact with people at any point. Flying mounts killed world PvP, BGs are repetitive and filled with people botting, you never see the same person twice in BGs and Heroics (the vast majority of the time). Everything that was good about the game has been ruined to make it easier. I get more enjoyment out of playing on a private Vanilla server simply because it's hard.

Backslash28
05-02-2014, 02:55 AM
Pretty much this.. My friends tried to get me to play again, was one of the best tankadins on my server.. Panda's? No thanks joffrey

Dan916
05-02-2014, 03:05 AM
I just remember how retarded LFR is, and how end-game content is designed around playing 4-8 alts, then I laugh and say neveragain.mp3

Brb oh its Tuesday morning, let me run this LFR, let me cap valor, maybe raid if I no-life, maybe arena if still chasing that dream. Oh it's wednesday, let me do that all over again on my first alt. Oh it's thursday, let me do that all over again on my 3rd char.

WoW is ****ing stupid as ****. I guess if u wanna raid heroics on progression go for it.. but the game is **** regardless.

ChangeOfStyle
05-02-2014, 03:13 AM
Totally not off topic m8.

sambris24
05-02-2014, 03:18 AM
WOD is supposed to bring vanilla/bc feels back. LOTS of changes they know they fuked up. Will play when it is released this fall.

God I hope this is true

Ronnie87
05-02-2014, 04:15 AM

Could you aware us

whiterice77
05-02-2014, 04:29 AM
Get that feeling often over the last few years, usually reactivate for a couple months and get really bored tho. Prolly do it again with the new expansion but I haven't looked into the new changes at all

dmaaack
05-02-2014, 04:51 AM
Probably going to come back and try WoD

wings_unhinged
05-02-2014, 04:57 AM
I've been playing around on the Molten WotlK server for a bit and thought of just buying the most recent expansion to get the full experience. I just don't think the fee is worth it.

Thorsson7
05-02-2014, 04:58 AM
Cliffs on changes:

Squashing items and HP so there are BC like health pools.
Reducing/changing a huge amount of abilites to get rid of the bloat of useless spells
Removing flying from endgame zone for proper immersion/having to put effort in/world pvp.
Moving raid styles around so not so automated/easy.

I think WoD could be a decent expansion. Nothing will ever come close to BC again but it looks surprisingly promising.

MiamiLife305
05-02-2014, 06:19 AM
Will probably try out WoD when it comes out

Hated Mists and the whole lore behind it, I do not like Asian themes at all

Fallfree
05-02-2014, 06:47 AM
funny coincidence....so i started back up last week after being gone for 5+ years....game has changed a LOT like a LOT and for the better imo....leveling a lock and already at level 45 after 4-5 days of playing...its fun...i dont really ever get addicted to games so its been fun to play for a while before moving on to the next distraction in this game of life....i highly recommend people who havent played in in a while to check it out...game is 10x better and if you think you will get addicted again I suggest you stop being a little whiny girl and have some self control

joedirt87
05-02-2014, 06:56 AM
I usually resub when a new expansion releases. it holds my attention for a month or two before I get bored and cancel.

Frell
05-02-2014, 08:35 AM
God I hope this is true
He's right, WOD is going to be amazing. Every single update they've put out shows they're listening to everyone this time around, the comments are nothing but praise

Could you aware us
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/13423478/warlords-of-draenor%E2%84%A2-alpha-patch-notes-04-23-2014-4-23-2014

Harloe
05-02-2014, 09:05 AM
Resubbed while I'm home for summer. On tich

Will probably play for a few weeks and then get bored again.

SeventhSin
05-02-2014, 09:06 AM
I tried to get into other MMO's and nothing interests me. I re-subbed on Darkspear-A

BossMadOne
05-02-2014, 09:08 AM
start thinking about playing again, then remember there are pandas now and decide not to?

Pandaren has been part of the Warcraft lore before the World of Warcraft was released.

It's funny people don't have issues with Goblins or Gnomes but Panda's just to crazy.

I've been playing off and on for years, I play then cancel my sub then months later I pick it up again. I'm one of those nut jobs that enjoys leveling/crafting stuff but I'm not into the PVP/PVE only crud.

BossMadOne
05-02-2014, 09:10 AM
I tried to get into other MMO's and nothing interests me. I re-subbed on Darkspear-A

Well the biggest issue with playing different MMORPG's is it's the same exact thing, create character and quest/dungeon/grind/pvp till you reach level cap then do end game "raiding" or "pvp"... World of warcraft just happens to have the most content and so much to actually do in the game. I know people who have been playing from the start and the ONLY thing they do is fish...... they FISH!!

Frell
05-02-2014, 09:10 AM
Pandaren has been part of the Warcraft lore before the World of Warcraft was released.

It's funny people don't have issues with Goblins or Gnomes but Panda's just to crazy.

I've been playing off and on for years, I play then cancel my sub then months later I pick it up again. I'm one of those nut jobs that enjoys leveling/crafting stuff but I'm not into the PVP/PVE only crud.
Lol this

I don't mind the pandas, just that the pandas were in the spotlight.

They have some seriously epic names, Warcraft hits pretty hard and sounds awesome

then you have the burning CRUSADE

Wrath of the LICH KING

Cataclysm

all sound awesome... then...

Mists of pandaria oooo so epic

Gives it a club penguin or club panda vibe

Warbrain
05-02-2014, 09:28 AM
My friend and I decided to re-sub a week ago, I actually never played after cataclysm and after going from lvl 85-86 and remembering how boring the game really was and how it would never be like BC or Vanilla again we both quit and bought FFXIV, having fun in that so far

BossMadOne
05-02-2014, 09:32 AM
Lol this

I don't mind the pandas, just that the pandas were in the spotlight.

They have some seriously epic names, Warcraft hits pretty hard and sounds awesome

then you have the burning CRUSADE

Wrath of the LICH KING

Cataclysm

all sound awesome... then...

Mists of pandaria oooo so epic

Gives it a club penguin or club panda vibe

Considering that the majority of the game has dead bodies every where and in Siege of Orgrimar raid there are dead bodies of the people from Theremore hung from the rails or spiked in the main city, it's about has far from kiddy as you can get. Actually the whole expansion is about greed, death and vengeance with the attempt to over come those.

BossMadOne
05-02-2014, 09:34 AM
My friend and I decided to re-sub a week ago, I actually never played after cataclysm and after going from lvl 85-86 and remembering how boring the game really was and how it would never be like BC or Vanilla again we both quit and bought FFXIV, having fun in that so far

Unless you can give your self brain damage you can't forget what you all ready know. If you've been playing a game for 4+ years you are gonna have to realize that not much is gonna give you that awe feeling. That is till a expansion comes out.

FFXIV is a good game... if I could handle leveling/grinding I would play it more.

Vikingblood666
05-02-2014, 10:52 AM
Could you aware us

from what i know.

reducing every classes abilites by about half.
classes will be more unqiue
reducing hp and mana pools to vanilla and BC levels
no flying in main area
graphic upgrades

SurfBrah69
05-02-2014, 10:53 AM

I play on Emerald Dream it's a blizzlike vanilla server that's really populated.

Gunite
05-02-2014, 11:20 AM
Never looked back...

Kalmah6661
05-02-2014, 12:39 PM
What's the point of having so many alts? I'd rather have one really amazing character than a bunch of mediocre ones.

6foot2masterace
05-02-2014, 12:50 PM
What's the point of having so many alts? I'd rather have one really amazing character than a bunch of mediocre ones.
i think its when u get one charector up and make him as good as possible you wanna start a new guy i guess, you probably get bored going all the way up to 90 on same guy

SeventhSin
05-02-2014, 01:05 PM
Anyone on Alliance wanting to do PVP stuff, send me aPM with your battletag

ralphlaurenbrah
05-02-2014, 02:22 PM
If you're looking for an mmo I recommend the new final fantasy one. It's pretty sick. Out on console (ps4) as well.

lesportifs
05-02-2014, 02:40 PM
Wow has f*cked up my gamer life for all the mmo.

The game gave me amazing moments (vanilla and burning crusade) but since the downhill with the other expansions, I can't even play an other mmo without comparing it to vanilla/tbc.

I can't stand PVP and private servers. I'm screwed !

Warbrain
05-02-2014, 04:05 PM
If you're looking for an mmo I recommend the new final fantasy one. It's pretty sick. Out on console (ps4) as well.

I agree, although the pvp could be a lot better - it is still a new game and this could possibly be added in future patches like WoW did.

Wow has f*cked up my gamer life for all the mmo.

The game gave me amazing moments (vanilla and burning crusade) but since the downhill with the other expansions, I can't even play an other mmo without comparing it to vanilla/tbc.

I can't stand PVP and private servers. I'm screwed !

I remember taking turns with my brother to grind for high warlord - practically on 24/7 for a whole summer lol... Sometimes I wonder about all the things I could have done if I never played but then I remember how much fun I had. Then the first 3 seasons of Arena in BC good times... on a side note I actually enjoyed Lich King, not as much as BC but definitely way more than Cataclysm

jolanar1
05-02-2014, 04:19 PM
I resub a couple times a year and always end up regretting it. The game is just so watered down and easy now. Leveling is an absolute joke. Only thing to keep you playing is timesinks with no rewards except meaningless achievements.

Durendal
05-02-2014, 07:39 PM
The game's too easy and scripted now, it's boring. You follow a pre-determined path from level 1 to 90, you grind heroics, grind raid finder. You don't need to leave the city or interact with people at any point. Flying mounts killed world PvP, BGs are repetitive and filled with people botting, you never see the same person twice in BGs and Heroics (the vast majority of the time). Everything that was good about the game has been ruined to make it easier. I get more enjoyment out of playing on a private Vanilla server simply because it's hard.

So much this, I miss the vanilla/DC days, not sure if I would go back and play it again... but was so much fun.

To this day I curse the name "CrownVic"... damn Night Elf Shadow Priest that would always rock mine, and the rest of the Horde's ****, in Arathi Basin back in the vanilla days.

MURedHawk235
05-02-2014, 08:06 PM
from what i know.

reducing every classes abilites by about half.
classes will be more unqiue
reducing hp and mana pools to vanilla and BC levels
no flying in main area
graphic upgrades

thatd be nice, i am tired of see +10000 spirit
just seems stupid to have such inflated numbers