PDA

View Full Version : Lose 30 pounds in 2 months, possible?

allmahtee
05-01-2014, 01:26 PM
Hello,

i was wondering the most effective way to lose weight fast. any meal plan suggestions?

I am currently 5'7, 195 lbs.

Thanks.

Domicron
05-01-2014, 01:30 PM
read the stickies, calculate your TDEE and eat below that. stay above your protein and fat macros.

cutting slower is generally better than faster, but it depends on how heavy you are, other health issues etc.

generally recommended is a 20% deficit from your TDEE.

PBateman2
05-01-2014, 01:32 PM
What's the rush?

SuperBlack350z
05-01-2014, 01:50 PM
What's the rush?

i would guess summer.

InItForFitness
05-01-2014, 01:58 PM
There's a big difference between possible and HEALTHY.

APipeDream
05-01-2014, 03:12 PM
There's a big difference between possible and HEALTHY.

^THIS. I personally lost 75lbs in 120 days before I understood much about nutrition, working out, etc. I lost a significant amount of muscle mass and I was a very flabby, skinny-fat guy for about 12 months after. Everyone made great comments about my weight loss, but if I took my shirt off I think they would have thrown up a little in their mouths. After discovering this place and learning a bit, I immediately went into a clean bulk. It took a LONG time to correct the damage I did, just on the outside...who knows what damage I did to my system otherwise when losing 4.5 lbs a week. This is by far the worst idea EVER if you go through with it. I still have a high body fat for my height/weight and activity level, and I partly blame those few months. I changed my life for the better overall, but it will take a couple more bulk/cut cycles to get where I think I could have been had I just done it right the first time.

WonderPug
05-01-2014, 03:16 PM
You can, but going that route will probably see you at a higher weight than you currently are pretty soon. That's what happens to at least 95% of the folks that try crash dieting.

Don't become a statistic. Do it the right way. Lost about 3 to 4 pounds per month.

ironwill2008
05-01-2014, 03:18 PM
Lose 30 pounds in 2 months, possible?

Not from any information I'd ever give to someone. That equates to about a 4-pound drop in body weight per week; definitely a very bad idea. By about the 3rd week, you'd feel so run-down that you'd probably think you'd have to feel better just to die.

Instead, look to drop about a pound per week by setting yourself up a rational, doable plan from the info ITT:

This thread will explain all the steps to figure your baseline of required protein, fat, carbs, and calories:
*Emma Leigh's calorie/macro thread: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156380183

Buy an inexpensive digital food scale (~$30 at any big-box discount store), weigh your portions, and track them here: http://fitday.com

bombasticson
05-01-2014, 05:58 PM
Don't lose so much weight so fast.. you will gain it right back gradual weights loss grants the best long term results

Domicron
05-01-2014, 06:13 PM
my uncle lost 25 pounds when he got his gall bladder removed (he's obese)

so the answer is yes, how fast do you want it gone?

Nothingpersnal
05-01-2014, 06:17 PM
Not at that weight.

I was 90lbs heavier and it took me over 3 months months to hit 30lbs

should have started earlier.

Domicron
05-01-2014, 06:19 PM
Not at that weight.

I was 90lbs heavier and it took me over 3 months months to hit 30lbs

should have started earlier.

'should have' is the phrase of losers. i try never to say those words, because they generally come with regret.

you lost 30 pounds in 3 months, that's commendable and nothing to be ashamed about.

mandm001
05-01-2014, 06:22 PM
Lost 40 lbs in 3 months, but I ate only eggs and meat, didn't count macros and was always full.

Nothingpersnal
05-01-2014, 06:23 PM
'should have' is the phrase of losers. i try never to say those words, because they generally come with regret.

you lost 30 pounds in 3 months, that's commendable and nothing to be ashamed about.

I was saying she should have started earlier if she wanted to be the weight she wanted for summer.

Domicron
05-01-2014, 06:24 PM
I was saying she should have started earlier if she wanted to be the weight she wanted for summer.

oh lol, my bad.

kitpapa
05-01-2014, 06:25 PM
Hello,

i was wondering the most effective way to lose weight fast. any meal plan suggestions?

I am currently 5'7, 195 lbs.

Thanks.

Girl to girl...THINK about what you are doing before you do it. If you lose weight the healthy way, the better chance you have off keeping it off. The healthier you will be in the end and your life will become so much easier.
Doing this as fast as you can will lead to unhealthy habits and possibly some real disordered eating that could damage you for life.
Please realize that this is a life change..a marathon, not a sprint...and something that if you are dedicated and disciplined (and know that you want it) to, you will feel even better with the end result

Good luck and feel free to PM me with anything you need

Searching4Truth
05-01-2014, 06:34 PM
For a dude, no problem, but since you're a woman I'd beg you to reconsider. If you really wanna be extreme, go for 20 instead.

Figure out your diet and do some some moderate intensity cardio.

allmahtee
05-02-2014, 08:09 PM
What's the rush?

I want to be hot again pretty much haha

StrengthPlease
05-02-2014, 08:22 PM
HIIT training, weight training, and proper diet will get you where you want in ~6 months or less. You will be surprised how quickly the weight is coming off and you will like the look in the mirror more week after week. Just stick to it and you will get there - it's science!

It may be too late to be exactly where you want to be by THIS summer, but by NEXT summer you could be in the best shape of your life, and will turn many heads when you're in a bikini. It is definitely a marathon, not a sprint. Follow the advice in this thread and find your TDEE, and shoot for 20% less kcals per day, adjusting every week or so as you drop pounds.

I get discouraged sometimes when I am working so hard and eating as planned, yet progress seems slow day by day. Then when looking at previous pics or when people notice you realize how far you've come. It's more important to continue your hard work and lifestyle change so you look good next year, and the year after that and so on. It only gets better, the sooner you start the sooner you will be closer to your goal!

Wood973
05-02-2014, 09:17 PM
I want to be hot again pretty much haha

Why not be hot in 6-12 months then? Doesn't really answer the question....

As everyone is already saying, do it slowly and properly and keep it off, don't crash diet.