PDA

View Full Version : Mom kicked out of gym for helping son with form.

OutdoorsinCO
05-01-2014, 11:15 AM
Public gyms are getting stupid.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/oddnews/mom-exercising-with-son-kicked-out-of-la-fitness-gym-200046358.html?vp=1

HoosierHardGain
05-01-2014, 11:28 AM
That is insane. I get the you are not supposed to be training people unless you are employeed there, but she wasn't getting money, and she was his mother!

theKurp
05-01-2014, 11:37 AM
In before the Florida bashing.

Jtbny
05-01-2014, 11:59 AM

Damn :mad:

I use to be a member of that gym.

Edit: I never saw this mom there. I would have remembered her ;)

Wayne Evans
05-01-2014, 12:18 PM

IMO...
No, I would not expect any Florida bashing.

But....I do expect LA Fitness to get some well deserved grief for such poor judgement and lack of common sense.
I have no clue how they could have arrived at their decision.

Carry on...

MarkDL
05-01-2014, 12:18 PM
The kid had good form on the OHP. I needs me some personal training time with his mom.

SRS

Cass40
05-01-2014, 12:50 PM
I go to L.A Fitness, and that would never happen here.

It seems like everyone's training someone at my gym.

ajdahlheimer
05-01-2014, 12:51 PM
Edit: I never saw this mom there. I would have remembered her ;)

Yeah, aside from those chompers of hers--she's a babe.

KevinintheUSA
05-01-2014, 02:06 PM
Never liked them.

Brackneyc
05-01-2014, 02:30 PM

If she were the president, she'd be Babrahamn Lincoln.

mcbourque
05-01-2014, 02:35 PM
Oh shoot, my gym just got bought by LA Fitness!
Hope I don't get in trouble!!!

Corbi
05-01-2014, 02:54 PM
How come when I was growing up none of my friends moms were MILFS?

LaxinAround
05-01-2014, 02:58 PM
But can we just stop for a sec and HNNNNGGGGG

http://i.gyazo.com/5cc729eaa024f24a89801b3e39cfe1c0.png

GuyJin
05-01-2014, 03:07 PM
Yeah, she's pretty good looking. (Sneaks peak around his shoulder, finds wife eating breakfast, is safe for now:D)

Dumba** policy. However, the gym makes the rules and not her and I feel that even if she had spoken to the proper people they still wouldn't have accepted her explanation. The gym deserves to be censured for their idiocy.

Timmy_522
05-01-2014, 03:09 PM
This is why i go to an independently owned gym. Nothing but common sense and weights as far as the eye can see.

djflex
05-01-2014, 03:17 PM
Maybe it wasnt really related to her training someone ...

My guess it was a real life show us your tits or Gtfo!

dungeonmistress
05-01-2014, 03:27 PM
Ya well I got kicked out of my gym because I lightly touched dumbbells together when I did seated delt press and incline pec press. Where's my goddamn news coverage? :D

superman713
05-01-2014, 04:32 PM
Same situation a few years back... Same Gym as well.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148849763&page=3&highlight=superman713

V-240
05-01-2014, 04:35 PM
IDIOTS! IDIOTS EVERYWHERE!

asdf

:mad:

Karl_Hungus
05-01-2014, 07:14 PM
It is bizarre logic .... so, at this gym, you aren't allowed to have a workout partner, because if you do, and you offer form advice, then you can be kicked out? If they are that desperate to drum up some business, then it is probably because their trainers suck nuts.

StressMonkey
05-01-2014, 07:18 PM
This is the dumbest thing that I've read this month. It's her freaking 13 year old son for crying out loud. I am so glad that I do not go to LA Fitness.

marinevet63031
05-02-2014, 02:18 AM
You gotta be kidding this is just ridiculous. Mom is helping her son. Wow just wow.

JediRN
05-02-2014, 02:36 AM
IDIOTS! IDIOTS EVERYWHERE!

asdf

:mad:

Do the owners of these gyms even lift?

jgreystoke
05-02-2014, 02:57 AM

Probably not.

Otherwise they'd have what we have:

A LOVE OF THE IRON GAME.

In which case, they'd be encouraging the mom to help her son do it right.

Brackneyc
05-02-2014, 03:17 AM

Wouldn't matter. Bad policy/decisions are made daily...by people who lift.

DuracellBunny
05-02-2014, 04:57 AM
I don't know about the US, but in most UK gyms a 13 y/o would have to be supervised by a parent/guardian as part of the gym's own rules (for insurance purposes if nothing else). As this was in a chain gym, it would definitely be the case this side of the pond.

She should go and check the small print on her contract as it may turn out the club are breaking their own rules by telling her not to supervise the child.

OutdoorsinCO
05-02-2014, 07:09 AM
Duracell, most of the gyms are like that. Usually it's older. The Ymca kids have to be 15 or older to lift. One of the other gyms had to be 16 to be in the weights.

Golds is cool because they'll allow 10 and up on the floor but a parent has to be near by at all times.

mcbourque
05-02-2014, 07:39 AM
Just asked the front desk at my gym this morning (newly bought by LA Fitness) - they hadn't even heard about the news.

crupiea
05-02-2014, 08:59 AM
There is way more to this story than just her side.

beachguy498
05-02-2014, 09:07 AM

I would plow that like a Massey-Ferguson tractor....

beachguy498
05-02-2014, 09:09 AM
There is way more to this story than just her side.

I'd say so. She may have turned down some advances or talked to the wrong guy and people are getting jelly over it...

MiklaDfar
05-02-2014, 09:09 AM
Dang... that is just odd! Maybe I'll stop by my local LA Fitness and ask if something like this will be a problem. If so, I'll come back with my four older boys and ask if it is still a problem (I'll have my one son meet us there in is Deputy Sheriff uniform, tends to make folks think carefully about what they say)...

frozensparky
05-02-2014, 09:59 AM
Dang... that is just odd! Maybe I'll stop by my local LA Fitness and ask if something like this will be a problem. If so, I'll come back with my four older boys and ask if it is still a problem (I'll have my one son meet us there in is Deputy Sheriff uniform, tends to make folks think carefully about what they say)...

I don't think I could be bothered! Besides there are always 3 sides to a story, hers, theirs and the truth

MiklaDfar
05-02-2014, 11:19 AM
I don't think I could be bothered! Besides there are always 3 sides to a story, hers, theirs and the truth
Yeah... that I was pretty much all talk. Trying to get my 4 boys together nowadays is nearly an impossible task... never mind my daughter.

Nikonguy
05-02-2014, 05:05 PM
Considering that she is a personal trainer LA Fitness should have at least talked to her about to situation before terminating her membership.

Brackneyc
05-02-2014, 05:29 PM

How would this help? If their rules support their position, you have no case, whether you use intimidation or not.

djflex
05-02-2014, 05:48 PM
The question no one is asking is how many times did they warn her before exactly?

But the question i want to know is has she ever had any lesbian experiences?

Wyomann
05-02-2014, 06:19 PM

She's a mom with her son and you are oogling her like a piece of meat. You pig!

MiklaDfar
05-02-2014, 06:20 PM
How would this help? If their rules support their position, you have no case, whether you use intimidation or not.
I tried to back off in a follow on post. My knee jerk reaction to a gym not letting a mother help her son. There is probably more to the story, but based on my visit to a LA Fitness a few years ago I was not impressed. I had money in pocket to join, but left wondering how they ever recruited new members.

ahawk01
05-02-2014, 06:29 PM
But can we just stop for a sec and HNNNNGGGGG

http://i.gyazo.com/5cc729eaa024f24a89801b3e39cfe1c0.png

This will get coverage cause she's hot. Thank you LA Fitness for being stupid and south Florida can never get anything right. Central Florida is a different story.

Brackneyc
05-02-2014, 06:34 PM
I tried to back off in a follow on post. My knee jerk reaction to a gym not letting a mother help her son. There is probably more to the story, but based on my visit to a LA Fitness a few years ago I was not impressed. I had money in pocket to join, but left wondering how they ever recruited new members.

I think the whole story (if true as written) is total BS. Commercial gyms are getting worse (seemingly) by the day.

superman713
05-02-2014, 08:52 PM
I believe every word she said because it almost mirrors my experience. I posed the link to my story on page 1... LA Fitness as well. The trainers are vigilant about outside trainers using the facility to train outside clientele and that is fine. However they need to post a notation or sign and approach suspected trainers with tact and discretion. If I was her I would be bringing legal action against the club and doing much more to make her case public. I hate erroneous law suits but this I feel is total bull$hit and its not an isolated case.

Fishman15
05-02-2014, 10:56 PM
Maybe it wasnt really related to her training someone ...

My guess it was a real life show us your tits or Gtfo!

LOL...wasn't expecting this reply!

The3Bar
05-02-2014, 11:01 PM
Let's say you and your lifting-buddy were in this gym and you noticed he had bad form on a certain exercise and corrected him. Would that be considered grounds to terminate your membership?

Brackneyc
05-03-2014, 04:00 AM
Let's say you and your lifting-buddy were in this gym and you noticed he had bad form on a certain exercise and corrected him. Would that be considered grounds to terminate your membership?

It would appear thay way if the story is true.

ajdahlheimer
05-03-2014, 05:35 AM
She's a mom with her son and you are oogling her like a piece of meat. You pig!

That would make her a MILF, brah....

StressMonkey
05-03-2014, 06:15 AM
What's even more asinine is that if she had got her son hooked on lifting that's another paying customer for LA Fitness in the future.

Corbi
05-03-2014, 07:24 AM

I help my wife all the time in the gym and at Anytime Fitness they actually encourage it. Anyplace that would forbid it is a gym I want no part of.

The3Bar
05-03-2014, 07:36 AM
I help my wife all the time in the gym and at Anytime Fitness they actually encourage it. Anyplace that would forbid it is a gym I want no part of.

I agree 100%!

ahawk01
05-03-2014, 07:38 AM

It sounds like a butt hurt trainer that was probably oogling her, and saw she knew what she was doing so he wanted to make an example of her. I'd love to see the person who started all this. I can't stand gyms like this. I can't stand places like these large fitness places. At planet fitness you're not allowed to bring a jug of water cause it's a lunk move. I couldn't believe they interrupt everyones workout with an alarm. WAAAAY over the top.

EndoToMeso
05-03-2014, 07:58 AM
rofl. Is the kid lucky with that kind of hnnng mom tho?

Fishman15
05-03-2014, 11:17 AM

Agree. Kind of silly for a gym not to allow people to help other people to improve form and reduce the chance of being injured. Says a lot about where our society has taken us...

Fishman15
05-03-2014, 11:19 AM

Well, that's kind of a disgusting thought or am I misunderstanding what you are saying here? Did you get lucky with your hot Mom or something...

BlackJack619
05-03-2014, 11:22 AM
this women knows what she is doing I bet she pulled this stunt to gain exposure which = more clients.... nothing new here move along guys.... Next week I am going to purposefully get kicked out of a gym for training my son. Just to gain the same FREE marketing

DocHoss
05-05-2014, 03:34 PM
Ya well I got kicked out of my gym because I lightly touched dumbbells together when I did seated delt press and incline pec press. Where's my goddamn news coverage? :D
I think I speak for pretty much everyone here when I say bring in the press! Especially if it involves video :D

My mom was pretty attractive. We had Class Day (probably 11th grade) at the beach once close to where she worked and she stopped by during lunch hour in her bikini. Jaws dropped all around. Then they asked me, "What the hell happened to you?" True story.