PDA

View Full Version : Significant other pieves

JRT6
05-01-2014, 07:24 AM
Is your significant other doing something that pisses you the **** off but it's not worth fighting about? Well vent it here!

I got home from work at 3 am, I had to be up at 8 am to beg the plumber to get here on time (and as I write this I'm still waiting) and then go straight to work for another 12 hr shift. So what does my wife do? She hit the GD snooze alarm over a 90 minute period. I'm ****ing tired, cranky and pissed. And yes this has happened before with promises to stop. It ain't like I don't already have a serious sleep disorder.

MiklaDfar
05-01-2014, 07:46 AM
She wears clothes... much rather see her without... all my other pet peeves would melt away...

poundXpound
05-01-2014, 08:03 AM
"...When I come home... baby
My house is dark and my pots are cold
You're hanging 'round... baby
With Jean and Joan and a who knows who
I'm getting tired of waiting and fooling around
I'll find somebody, who won't make me feel like a clown
This can't go on...
Lord knows you got to change..."

Sorry, could not resist.

My pet peeve is my wife is never ready to leave the house at the time she tells me we'll be leaving.....

JRT6
05-01-2014, 08:10 AM
The snooze started at 6am even though she has no intention of getting up to at least 7:15 because that's when we get the kids up for school.

ajdahlheimer
05-01-2014, 08:18 AM
She has her phone set to make the most annoying sound every time she touches a letter when texting. It drives me insane and I want to smash her phone.

TheIronMaster
05-01-2014, 08:20 AM
Disturbing me when im working out.

JRT6
05-01-2014, 08:23 AM
She has her phone set to make the most annoying sound every time she touches a letter when texting. It drives me insane and I want to smash her phone.

My wife uses her tablet. I use an old fashioned shrill alarm, which I rarely need to wake me, but on those rare times it has to wake me if I don't jump out of bed, run to the high boy and turn it off midway through the first beep there is hell to pay.

OutdoorsinCO
05-01-2014, 08:40 AM
Disturbing me when im working out.

So this...she KNOWS i'm at the gym yet will call, then get mad when I'm short with her on the phone.

Also, she chews like a damn horse

Flipperman2a2w
05-01-2014, 08:50 AM
Is your significant other doing something that pisses you the **** off but it's not worth fighting about?

FWIW, I think the last half of this question is the key to a healthy relationship- when you reach the point where you realize it's just easier to let little stuff go than make a big deal out of it. My wife does some stuff that annoys me from time to time, but I would probably have an easier time telling you about all the stuff I do that annoys her :)

In any case, my wife makes a big deal out of the fact that I leave **** stains on the bottom of the toilet bowl. She wants me to pull the toilet brush out and get rid of them, which seems even more disgusting to me... I figure enough flushes will eventually erode the residual. Know what I mean?

x-trainer ben
05-01-2014, 09:00 AM
This is a funny one and we have had discussions at dinner parties about personality types based on it.
When placing dirty dishes in the dishwasher she *rearranges* the items so that they are loaded in a particular way! So after mentioning this to countless other couples i googled this topic and the directions say to mix the items up for better cleaning. Ain't that some chit!

Plateauplower
05-01-2014, 09:05 AM
My wife used to be a snooze button person, and it drove me nucking futs. She would seriously set her alarm earlier than she needed to get up just so she could snooze!! Now she is a stay at home mom and my alarm is set for 3:30am to go to the gym before work, payback is a mofo (I wake up on my own now before the alarm goes off so my revenge was short lived).

500 small containers with like a tablespoon of food in the fridge in tupperware from what the kids don't eat and she doesnt want to waste. Then i get scolded when it sounds like an avalanch when I am trying to get my coffe and food ready in the morning when all of the little tupperwares fall out of the fridge.

Thats about it, Im pretty lucky to have found a good one!!

thomashenry
05-01-2014, 09:26 AM
That stroke she had 8.5 years ago kinda rubbed me the wrong way, but I have learned aint nothing that bad that I Can`t live with !

quicksand jesus
05-01-2014, 09:29 AM
Will buy ten years worth for fruit just because it's on sale. I could have done without the 10 plantains last week!

ArchAngel'73
05-01-2014, 09:34 AM
That stroke she had 8.5 years ago kinda rubbed me the wrong way, but I have learned aint nothing that bad that I Can`t live with !

This post is GOLDEN.
/thread

Appreciate what you have now because it could get to be a whole lot worse.

eomrat
05-01-2014, 10:20 AM
What really pisses me off is when my wife goes on the internet and posts complaints about me.....

Wait, nevermind...She doesn't do that because she is not a douchebag.

beachguy498
05-01-2014, 10:27 AM

Amen.... when you have an extremely ill spouse, all that petty crap goes right out the window.

I will admit that I'm a snooze-button junkie. But now at night when I go to bed, I open a dresser drawer and perch the clock radio so I can reach it with one hand. My getting out of bed to reset it was too much on my wife.

Rob

DocHoss
05-01-2014, 10:37 AM
My wife used to be a snooze button person, and it drove me nucking futs. She would seriously set her alarm earlier than she needed to get up just so she could snooze!!
I'll one-up you on that - but it's me. In college I used to set my alarm for 6 am on Saturdays just to have the pleasure of turning it off and going back to sleep :)

Yes, I'm a bit odd….

JRT6
05-01-2014, 12:42 PM
My wife is a stage 3b cancer survivor but that doesn't mean we can't fight.

thomashenry
05-01-2014, 01:13 PM
My wife is a stage 3b cancer survivor but that doesn't mean we can't fight. God bless her and you, fighting the good fight, Honest

OzChops
05-01-2014, 05:43 PM
What really pisses me off is when my wife goes on the internet and posts complaints about me.....

Dammit I was going to post something similar.

UnaChispita
05-01-2014, 05:48 PM
Wish I could find someone to argue with/10

Brackneyc
05-01-2014, 05:53 PM
I don't know of any. Too busy being happy.

djflex
05-01-2014, 08:03 PM
Sure we all probably have some, but i just let roll off and not bother me .

Karl_Hungus
05-01-2014, 08:06 PM
Only when she misspells the word "peeve".

Tmax55
05-01-2014, 08:08 PM
My wife will say she needs to go to x store, which would take me 20 mins... It will take her anywhere between 40 mins and 2.5 hours..,if its on the longer side she will have stopped at like two other places and come home with something she thinks I should be very grateful to her for getting. I'm expected to put off anything I wanted to do and she can't be bothered to tell me ahead of time how long she will be gone.

If I take longer than she thinks I should at the gym she calls it selfish. Sure honey let me superset my squats with my deadlifts so I don't take too long...

She can say she will be gone half an hour, be gone an hour fifteen and that's fine. I say it's leg day it will take a while (I'm purposely not specific because I sometimes get ill)...and if my while is longer than her undefined and changing definition of a while I'm an ass.

StressMonkey
05-01-2014, 08:20 PM
Only when she misspells the word "peeve".

Curse you for beating me to this. :mad:

JRT6
05-01-2014, 08:25 PM

Did I say who my wife was? Bitching about her hitting the snooze is pretty heinous too?. I was trying to make a humorous thread but thanks for taking a **** on it. . And thanks for contributing some douche baggary of your own. No wonder the same five people do 95% of the posting on here

I looked up peive/pieve/peeve and there was no set way to spell it.

dungeonmistress
05-01-2014, 09:52 PM
dont. even. get. me. started.

Brackneyc
05-02-2014, 02:59 AM
Did I say who my wife was? Bitching about her hitting the snooze is pretty heinous too?. I was trying to make a humorous thread but thanks for taking a **** on it. . And thanks for contributing some douche baggary of your own. No wonder the same five people do 95% of the posting on here

Sorry OP, not a single smiley in your post, and nothing funny about it. It read exactly as most responded to it.

Next time don't hide the humor under so much anger.

bodyhard
05-02-2014, 05:17 AM
She doesn't let me beat the crap out of people!

melvin2345
05-02-2014, 06:05 AM
I try to ignore little the little stuff. Not replacing toilet paper, rarely ready on time, etc... They might be mildly annoying, but nothing worth fighting about.

Things like this I approach cautiously.
1. Calling me at work because she's bored and "needs to chat" and then gets mad when I'm short with her (because I need to get back to my job, you know, the thing that pays the mortgage and bills)
2. Claiming "this isn't fair" and crying over the bad outcome of a situation she is directly responsible for (not paying a bill and having it end up in collections, for example).

Major things like this require discussion (and turn into an argument).
1. Misjudging the distance to a building and clipping it with the front quarter panel of the car, and since there wasn't visible damage, pretend nothing happened, even though the collision popped the wheel well liner off and started rubbing on the tire, which caused a noise she also ignored, until going down the highway and it rubbed through enough to catch on the tire tread and yanked the whole thing down, which scared her ****less, causing her to claim the car is a piece of ****, then break down in tears and tell me everything, and then get mad because I'm not more understanding.

theKurp
05-02-2014, 07:36 AM
In any case, my wife makes a big deal out of the fact that I leave **** stains on the bottom of the toilet bowl. She wants me to pull the toilet brush out and get rid of them, which seems even more disgusting to me... I figure enough flushes will eventually erode the residual. Know what I mean?

What if you were bringing your wife home for the first time? Would you leave $hit stains in the toilet for her to see when she excuses herself to go "freshen up" just before you both get ready to head off to the bedroom?

JRT6
05-02-2014, 08:48 AM
She doesn't let me beat the crap out of people!

In my case it's my wife who doesn't know the difference between engage and let's get the hell out of here there's ten of them.

eomrat
05-02-2014, 09:11 AM

I have learned from this thread that you think your wife is an inconsiderate, selfish, liar who is also kind of stupid.

Your idea of a man's responsibility to his wife is drastically different from mine. I consider loyalty to my wife to be an absolutely essential character trait.

My idea of loyalty doesn't involve bad mouthing, disrespecting, or denigrating her in public or in private. Ever. Not as a cute joke, not in fun, not for sport.

You obviously see things differently.

bm1254
05-02-2014, 09:18 AM
"fixing" everything I do around the house. i.e. rearranging the dishwasher, resweeping the floor behind me, etc. Basically follows me around telling me everything I do is wrong. Without ever saying a word.

scullin
05-02-2014, 09:20 AM
Pretty much everything, too much to list. srs Need to divorce ASAP but don't want to get robbed from her anymore than I already have (we've been seperated for almost a year and half).

JRT6
05-02-2014, 09:33 AM
I have learned from this thread that you think your wife is an inconsiderate, selfish, liar who is also kind of stupid.

Your idea of a man's responsibility to his wife is drastically different from mine. I consider loyalty to my wife to be an absolutely essential character trait.

My idea of loyalty doesn't involve bad mouthing, disrespecting, or denigrating her in public or in private. Ever. Not as a cute joke, not in fun, not for sport.

Dude you need help.

latebloomingmom
05-02-2014, 09:51 AM

actually I have a lot of respect for this point of view
I have seen too many couples get together with family and friends
and start ripping on each other's faults
or "airing dirty laundry in public" as my mama used to say
and then if one of them gets offended its always
"aww hon can't ya tell I was teasing"

scullin
05-02-2014, 10:10 AM
actually I have a lot of respect for this point of view
I have seen too many couples get together with family and friends
and start ripping on each other's faults
or "airing dirty laundry in public" as my mama used to say
and then if one of them gets offended its always
"aww hon can't ya tell I was teasing"
Yeah that's not cool.

One of the worst things my wife did was tell some nurse at the hospital about every fight we ever had in the last 10 before going into surgery once. The nurse took it as if all of this had just occurred in the parking lot or at the hospital that day or something and reported it to my chain of command (Army). Made me look like some kind of lunatic yelling at my wife as she went into surgery, when nothing really even happened that day. In the end I was questioned by a bunch of people over the next several weeks. They dropped the whole thing because nothing really happened. But to me it was the last straw as far as the relationship went.

beachguy498
05-02-2014, 10:11 AM
My wife is a stage 3b cancer survivor but that doesn't mean we can't fight.

God bless... my wife with the cancer, they're calling it a stage 2b and the jury is still out on the long term prognosis. I like to see a little fire in her now and then.

Rob

frozensparky
05-02-2014, 10:55 AM
She hit the GD snooze alarm over a 90 minute period. I'm ****ing tired, cranky and pissed. And yes this has happened before with promises to stop. It ain't like I don't already have a serious sleep disorder.

after 2 times why didn't you say something? I would rather say something right away and have it dealt with than hear the alarm 10 times and let anger build up.

Honest question for you. Are you the type that would rather keep quiet and get angry about small things?

I only ask because I used to be that way with my first wife. Little things that would bug me enough that I should have said something but didn't, they would just add up and result in a huge blow up instead of a calm rational discussion. If it's affecting your life to the point your "tired cranky and pissed" then you really should say something.

Cass40
05-02-2014, 11:19 AM
Yeah that's not cool.

One of the worst things my wife did was tell some nurse at the hospital about every fight we ever had in the last 10 before going into surgery once. The nurse took it as if all of this had just occurred in the parking lot or at the hospital that day or something and reported it to my chain of command (Army). Made me look like some kind of lunatic yelling at my wife as she went into surgery, when nothing really even happened that day. In the end I was questioned by a bunch of people over the next several weeks. They dropped the whole thing because nothing really happened. But to me it was the last straw as far as the relationship went.

I don't know how is it with the health care professionals, or how they are taught to respond to situations, but I have noticed that they are very cautious if there is a domestic violence suspicion.

I have never said anything about my husband but I get bruises very easily. I have more than one doctor question me about them, and one blatantly told me that they are required to report if they suspect any abuse.

Also one time we went to a doctor, and my husband was trying to explain my situation to the doctor. So the doctor put a chair in front of my husband so that she was sitting facing me and asking me questions directly so that he couldn't answer for me. It was really weird.

scullin
05-02-2014, 11:26 AM
I don't know how is it with the health care professionals, or how they are taught to respond to situations, but I have noticed that they are very cautious if there is a domestic violence suspicion.

I have never said anything about my husband but I get bruises very easily. I have more than one doctor question me about them, and one blatantly told me that they are required to report if they suspect any abuse.

Also one time we went to a doctor, and my husband was trying to explain my situation to the doctor. So the doctor put a chair in front of my husband so that she was sitting facing me and asking me questions directly so that he couldn't answer for me. It was really weird.
This was really weird too. She went in for an operation and was in a bad mood or whatever and they started asking her general questions. Then she started talking about all this chit that occurred over a 10 year peoriod (arguments take out of context / whatever). I was unaware of any of it until I got a call at work a few days later. I was pretty much shocked and upset that she did that and I had just bought her a new car only a few weeks prior to make matters worse.

JRT6
05-02-2014, 12:40 PM
after 2 times why didn't you say something? I would rather say something right away and have it dealt with than hear the alarm 10 times and let anger build up.

Honest question for you. Are you the type that would rather keep quiet and get angry about small things?

I only ask because I used to be that way with my first wife. Little things that would bug me enough that I should have said something but didn't, they would just add up and result in a huge blow up instead of a calm rational discussion. If it's affecting your life to the point your "tired cranky and pissed" then you really should say something.

I said something after the third time it went off. It pissed me off because I was friggin tired and who doesn't get short tempered and irritable when they're tired? Most of us do. I have had words with my wife about this but we are frequently on different sleep schedules so I work rotating shifts and she gets away with not adjusting her alarm. Yes is annoys me that at the same time she won't tolerate my clock. In the end I'm not going to make such a chicken **** thing a marriage issue with my wife. She already has to put with a severely PTSD husband. So instead I took my annoyance to a place that is anonymous and made light if it. Making light of things that push our buttons is coping 101.

Enjoy my thread or at least enjoy a couple of the bizarre and somewhat scary reactions from dudes who I truly hope don't have access to firearms.

so-tex
05-02-2014, 12:47 PM
I said something after the third time it went off. It pissed me off because I was friggin tired and who doesn't get short tempered and irritable when they're tired? Most of us do. I have had words with my wife about this but we are frequently on different sleep schedules so I work rotating shifts and she gets away with not adjusting her alarm. Yes is annoys me that at the same time she won't tolerate my clock. In the end I'm not going to make such a chicken **** thing a marriage issue with my wife. She already has to put with a severely PTSD husband. So instead I took my annoyance to a place that is anonymous and made light if it. Making light of things that push our buttons is coping 101.

Enjoy my thread or at least enjoy a couple of the bizarre and somewhat scary reactions from dudes who I truly hope don't have access to firearms.You went there? Go get yourself some fuking help.

JRT6
05-02-2014, 12:59 PM
You went there? Go get yourself some fuking help.

I went there when emorate attacked my wife. And now you're implicitly defending.

What's happening here today it's some guys still upset about things said in other threads and carried then onto here. Some good ole healthy anger there.

MiklaDfar
05-02-2014, 01:08 PM
Good news about this thread is that T levels appear to be up...

eomrat
05-02-2014, 01:25 PM
I went there when emorate attacked my wife. And now you're implicitly defending.

What's happening here today it's some guys still upset about things said in other threads and carried then onto here. Some good ole healthy anger there.

The only one attacking your wife is you.

so-tex
05-02-2014, 01:36 PM

What's happening here today it's some guys still upset about things said in other threads and carried then onto here. Some good ole healthy anger there.I'm not defending eomrat! He is a grown man and quite capable of taking care of himself. While I agree with him, I purposefully stayed out of this thread until you made that asinine comment. I like to have fun and cut up here as much as anybody. I just don't do it at my wife's expense.

x-trainer ben
05-02-2014, 02:07 PM

I read you post as blowing off steam with the "guys" and joking about little pet peeves; perhaps your stalkers read it differently?

Smelly bull
05-02-2014, 02:42 PM
My freaking wife.., she nags at me all the time...things like "put the fan on", "pick up your underwear" and of course, "put the seat down when you are done".

Blah, blah, blah.

so-tex
05-02-2014, 02:45 PM
My freaking wife.., she nags at me all the time...things like "put the fan on", "pick up your underwear" and of course, "put the seat down when you are done".

Blah, blah, blah.Fuking sux don't it? Especially the toilet seat thing.

UnaChispita
05-02-2014, 02:49 PM
"pick up your underwear"

Serious question--

Why can't men pick up their underwear? Is there some gene you all are born with the prohibits you from picking up your underwear??

:D

MiklaDfar
05-02-2014, 02:53 PM
Serious question--

Why can't men pick up their underwear? Is there some gene you all are born with the prohibits you from picking up your underwear??

It's a way of marking our territory... no other man will pick them up.

HoosierHardGain
05-02-2014, 02:59 PM
I figure whatever pet peeves I have with my wife, she has just as many against me.

JRT6
05-02-2014, 03:11 PM
Serious question--

I do all the laundry and my kids and wife let them sit in the basket long enough to wrinkle then yell at me about it.

Cass40
05-02-2014, 03:12 PM
Well, the whole point of getting married is to have someone you can annoy for the rest of your life!

UnaChispita
05-02-2014, 03:20 PM
I do all the laundry and my kids and wife let them sit in the basket long enough to wrinkle then yell at me about it.

You need to make up some game with your kids like: "Hey, let's have a contest to see who can fold clothes the best." Winner gets to use the empty basket as a fort.

Problem solved! :D

JRT6
05-02-2014, 03:28 PM
You need to make up some game with your kids like: "Hey, let's have a contest to see who can fold clothes the best." Winner gets to use the empty basket as a fort.

I started taking their tablets until the chores are done. They still put their clothes in my basket so they're just making more work for themselves. They wear uniforms at school so they should only really be folding clothes every couple weeks. I really love it when they try to sneak the clean back
In the baskets

UnaChispita
05-02-2014, 03:32 PM
I started taking their tablets until the chores are done. They still put their clothes in my basket so they're just making more work for themselves. They wear uniforms at school so they should only really be folding clothes every couple weeks. I really love it when they try to sneak the clean back
In the baskets

OMG. Lol'ing. I totally misunderstood your post.

I thought your kids were sitting in the basket.

Yeah. Sometimes I sneak the clean back into my own basket. I hate folding laundry.

mcbourque
05-02-2014, 03:48 PM

I'm even meaner than that! After they complained on how I do laundry, my boys and husband now have to so their own! :D

ThreeIsMe
05-02-2014, 03:53 PM
My biggest pet-peeve is actually a positive thing, that gets taken advantage of by others. My wife has a huge heart and will do anything for anyone. I'm the other end of the spectrum. I trust nobody until I get to know them. What a peach, huh? It irks me to no end to see people take advantage of her generosity. If she changed, she'd just be a heartless bastard like me so I deal with it. LOL

ThreeIsMe
05-02-2014, 03:55 PM
I'm even meaner than that! After they complained on how I do laundry, my boys and husband now have to so their own! :D

I made a comment about my wife's folding ability once...12 years ago. I've done my own since then! LOL

Cass40
05-02-2014, 03:57 PM
I made a comment about my wife's folding ability once...12 years ago. I've done my own since then! LOL

So she can stand up for self at least a little bit ;)

mcbourque
05-02-2014, 04:05 PM

If your comment was followed by the words "my mother always..." yep, say goodbye to clean piles of clothes magically appearing in your drawers! :)

Cass40
05-02-2014, 04:10 PM
My husband has also complained about how I fold laundry, and actually even how I organize his closets!!

So far I have just given him evil looks.

Luckily for him, he hardly ever complains about how I do housework.

so-tex
05-02-2014, 04:14 PM
Serious question--

Why don't you be quiet and make me a sammich. Geez, some women still don't know their place. :rolleyes:

:p

latebloomingmom
05-02-2014, 04:31 PM
Why don't you be quiet and make me a sammich. Geez, some women still don't know their place. :rolleyes:

:pya know that offer still stands
want me come teach your wife how to do it? :D

so-tex
05-02-2014, 04:52 PM
ya know that offer still stands
want me come teach your wife how to do it? :DUmmm. That would be a no. Redheads and knives don't mix. ;)

JRT6
05-02-2014, 05:00 PM
My husband has also complained about how I fold laundry, and actually even how I organize his closets!!

So far I have just given him evil looks.

Luckily for him, he hardly ever complains about how I do housework.

I'm forced to use the closet in the guest room. I get all the dressers though.

Smelly bull
05-02-2014, 05:21 PM
Serious question--

Why can't men pick up their underwear?

Because they are nasty!!!!!

Cass40
05-02-2014, 05:39 PM
I'm forced to use the closet in the guest room. I get all the dressers though.
Ha..I use our guest room for my clothes :)

Because they are nasty!!!!!

Yes. If you see men's underwear laying around, and don't know whether they're clean or dirty, don't make that rookie mistake that you smell them!

so-tex
05-02-2014, 05:55 PM
Yes. If you see men's underwear laying around, and don't know whether they're clean or dirty, don't make that rookie mistake that you smell them!
The guy is pretty smart if you ask me. He ain't called smelly for nothing. ;)

thomashenry
05-02-2014, 06:11 PM
I'm forced to use the closet in the guest room. I get all the dressers though. You got drawers in your closet ? your one of those high falutin types aren`t you

frozensparky
05-02-2014, 06:20 PM
My biggest pet-peeve is actually a positive thing, that gets taken advantage of by others. My wife has a huge heart and will do anything for anyone. I'm the other end of the spectrum. I trust nobody until I get to know them. What a peach, huh? It irks me to no end to see people take advantage of her generosity. If she changed, she'd just be a heartless bastard like me so I deal with it. LOL

This was pretty much what I would say as well. Ang would give her last dollar away to a friend in need. She also gets taken advantage of at times. It's a pet peeve but it's also one of the things I love most about her

Wyomann
05-02-2014, 07:12 PM
I hate it when my SO wants to have sex all the time. Oh wait , no I don't...

Lettuce be real. I would never complain about my SO online or to anyone else besides her. If you have a problem with your SO, bring it up with your SO and not others.

so-tex
05-02-2014, 07:30 PM

Lettuce be real. I would never complain about my SO online or to anyone else besides her. If you have a problem with your SO, bring it up with your SO and not others.You must spread some reputation around before giving it to a phaggot like Wyomann again.

Not srs about the phaggot part. Well said.

JRT6
05-02-2014, 08:12 PM

Lettuce be real. I would never complain about my SO online or to anyone else besides her. If you have a problem with your SO, bring it up with your SO and not others.

You don't think she's bitching about you to someone else? Not even her mom? My wife confides in her sister-in-law and it doesn't make me feel insecure knowing she has someone other than me that she can confide in when it's about things she doesn't want to talk to me about.

Don't bother answering, I won't believe you and this thread is ruined.

so-tex
05-02-2014, 08:16 PM
You don't think she's bitching about you to someone else? My wife confides in her sister-in-law and it doesn't make me feel insecure knowing she has someone other than me that she can confide in when it's about things she doesn't want to talk to me about.Probably not and you're a pu$$y. :)

Brackneyc
05-02-2014, 08:24 PM
You don't think she's bitching about you to someone else? My wife confides in her sister-in-law and it doesn't make me feel insecure knowing she has someone other than me that she can confide in when it's about things she doesn't want to talk to me about.

If there is an issue, why not go to the source?

so-tex
05-02-2014, 08:26 PM
If there is an issue, why not go to the source?...

Wyomann
05-02-2014, 08:54 PM
You don't think she's bitching about you to someone else? Not even her mom? My wife confides in her sister-in-law and it doesn't make me feel insecure knowing she has someone other than me that she can confide in when it's about things she doesn't want to talk to me about.

Don't bother answering, I won't believe you and this thread is ruined.

If you mean talking about solutions to problems with someone she trusts; then yes it's possible. However, just straight up bitching and complaining for the sake of it, then no.

JRT6
05-02-2014, 08:54 PM
If someone of you are really dumb enough or insecure enough to truly believe your significant other won't confide in anyone but you and violates the basic dynamics of human interaction within the family and the environemnt then you guys are true outliers and should sign up for a sociology experiment.

A person who truly can't make even an offhand comment to a close friend or parent is in need of therapy or they're simply too scared to talk.

Talk yourselves out the corner you insisted on painting yourselves in. Good times and I hope you don't have to tell her something twice tonight.

so-tex
05-02-2014, 09:07 PM
If someone of you are really dumb enough or insecure enough to truly believe your significant other won't confide in anyone but you As men, why should we give a fuk. Aren't you a cop? Heaven forbid you pull us over when your wife is having a 'bad day' and my wife is on her period. :rolleyes:

JediRN
05-02-2014, 10:28 PM
I read you post as blowing off steam with the "guys" and joking about little pet peeves; perhaps your stalkers read it differently?

^this^

mxz44
05-03-2014, 10:05 AM
Wish I could find someone to argue with/10

No you don't

Brackneyc
05-03-2014, 10:14 AM
If someone of you are really dumb enough or insecure enough to truly believe your significant other won't confide in anyone but you and violates the basic dynamics of human interaction within the family and the environemnt then you guys are true outliers and should sign up for a sociology experiment.

A person who truly can't make even an offhand comment to a close friend or parent is in need of therapy or they're simply too scared to talk.

Talk yourselves out the corner you insisted on painting yourselves in. Good times and I hope you don't have to tell her something twice tonight.

Then perhaps this thread would have been better done as an email to a friend. I am sure that people in general have more than one person they confide in. You posted your complaint on a public forum. In one post you claimed this was not a serious thread. You seem pretty agitated at the moment about it.

Cass40
05-03-2014, 10:21 AM
No you don't

Yes you DO!

mxz44
05-03-2014, 10:43 AM
Yes you DO!

Wrong

latebloomingmom
05-03-2014, 02:29 PM
easy now

yes I do think many couple do have someone in their lives to vent to and confide in
whether it be a family member or a close friend and confidante
this does not make them evil

and yes at times it is a good thing to do to rant and rave and throw your hands up at heavens
and get it out of your system
and to have a neurtral third party especially if it is someone who has been married a long time
and understands you and knows your spouse
who can be a sounding board
and tell you when you are being stupid, stubborn, unfair or defensive
help you to see reason and not bite someone's head off that doesnt deserve it

I think most of us realize the nature of this thread was to poke fun at some of the little pet peeves we have about the ones we love
does not mean we do not tolerate them or love them any less for having them

little things like letting garbage bag overflow before taking it to the curb
or dirty socks next to hamper but not in it

or the dribble left in bottom of milk in fridge

these in my opinion are harmless little knats that buzz around your face
but ya brush them off and walk away grinning
because you love this person

the danger of these kind of threads is that this is a public forum
and things may be said out of hostility and anger
that should have remained private
or said to a counselor

mcbourque
05-03-2014, 02:57 PM
I think we sometimes forget how public this forum is. This is open to be read by anyone online, be a member or not. And we can easily find all the posts/threads someone ever made in their time here.

We probably all have peeves about our spouses and want to vent at time. That said, I would not feel that it would be very nice or fair for me to vent here for my husband, his family and/or friends to read.

I would not want to read what he has to say about me at times. So I don't do it to him either. I have a few trusted friends and close family members to talk to for those times.

Just a thought.

Fishman15
05-03-2014, 07:38 PM
Serious question--

Leaves underwear on the bathroom floor crew checking in. Wifey says gym sweaties have to go out in the garage to dry out...not allowed in basket. I use to just entirely disrobe in the garage but the neighbor lady couldn't control herself so now the undies get dropped on the bathroom floor. I can't pick them up after that...that's just icky...lol

Brackneyc
05-03-2014, 07:43 PM
I think we sometimes forget how public this forum is. This is open to be read by anyone online, be a member or not. And we can easily find all the posts/threads someone ever made in their time here.

We probably all have peeves about our spouses and want to vent at time. That said, I would not feel that it would be very nice or fair for me to vent here for my husband, his family and/or friends to read.

I would not want to read what he has to say about me at times. So I don't do it to him either. I have a few trusted friends and close family members to talk to for those times.

Just a thought.

I have been married 25 years. My wifes taste in men leaves me wondering. :) I mean, me? WTH was she thinking. I actually share this with her regularly. I am certain she has heard this from others as well.

Cass40
05-03-2014, 07:48 PM
I always tell my husband that he shouldn't divorce me cause his new wife could be even worse than me!

I mean you never know..

UnaChispita
05-03-2014, 09:18 PM
No you don't

Wrong

You don't know me, but just know that much of what I say is fairly tongue-in-cheek.

With that said, I've been single for a quite a while and people who are coupled don't know how lucky they are to have a partner in life.

Sounds to me like maybe you have a bad relationship. Disagreement is normal in any relationship.

Leaves underwear on the bathroom floor crew checking in. Wifey says gym sweaties have to go out in the garage to dry out...not allowed in basket. I use to just entirely disrobe in the garage but the neighbor lady couldn't control herself so now the undies get dropped on the bathroom floor. I can't pick them up after that...that's just icky...lol

That bad?
You need that wicking type.

:p

I always tell my husband that he shouldn't divorce me cause his new wife could be even worse than me!
I mean you never know..

Lol'ed.

mxz44
05-03-2014, 10:10 PM
You don't know me, but just know that much of what I say is fairly tongue-in-cheek...

Don't take me seriously...never.

You wished you had someone to argue with. I was fulfilling your wish

Cass40
05-03-2014, 11:21 PM
Arguing is good as long as you don't feel bad AFTER the argument.

I usually feel very loved when the argument is over, and that's why I feel safe to argue with my husband. No personal attacks or belittling or stuff like that, so it's all good.
No holding grudges in our house :)

Tmax55
05-04-2014, 06:50 AM
I always tell my wife "I'm never getting married again."

beachguy498
05-04-2014, 11:13 AM

I found that sweaty undies pretty much dry out after 5-10 minutes on the ceiling fan.

Rob

ThreeIsMe
05-05-2014, 09:09 AM
If your comment was followed by the words "my mother always..." yep, say goodbye to clean piles of clothes magically appearing in your drawers! :)

HAIL NAW! LOL!! I learned how to do laundry when I was 9...been doing it since. I do all of our laundry 90% of the time.

beachguy498
05-05-2014, 10:36 AM
HAIL NAW! LOL!! I learned how to do laundry when I was 9...been doing it since. I do all of our laundry 90% of the time.

I've always done my own wash since I was about 10... or I'd have to wait for it. We had no dryer, so I'd wash it at home then hump it onto my bicycle and go to the laundry up the street. Once I was a bit flush, I did the whole thing there. I taught many people how to do their own wash and also do light sewing and ironing.

First married, I did the wash all the time until we got the house, then my wife did a lot of ours. I taught my kids how to do their own at age 8. Now with my wife sick, I'm doing it again. Once again, I have it down to a science.

Rob

ColoDano
05-05-2014, 11:49 AM
My constant running joke with my wife is how she underestimates how long she will take one something, especially at work. If she says half an hour, it is two hours, etc. Frequently I pick her up after work, and her "I will be right down" turns into 30-40 minutes. Only really bugs me on days where I am stressed from work or in a bad mood, or the days where it ends up taking so long we can't make it to the gym.